IGNORED

Tommy Conway - Signs for 'Boro- Official

5 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

The latest from IG, so no swap deal then it seems. 

IMG_7546.jpeg

Oh god he uses the word 'piece', one of my most hated corporate waffle words! 'The incomings piece', just saw 'on incomings, nothing new to report'... its just adding words to try to sound intelligent.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Let’s be honest. The fans have no loyalty to Manning and many didn’t want him in the first place. Tinnion is not flavour of the month either so it could be a tough few weeks ahead. Fans want to see progression. Seems we are undoing a lot of Pearson and Gould’s hard work to stabilise us for a step forward. Hope I’m proved wrong. 

Yep. 14-16 points, perhaps more from the first 10 games a useful benchmark?

Problems lie higher than LM and Hogg all told.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Oh god he uses the word 'piece', one of my most hated corporate waffle words! 'The incomings piece', just saw 'on incomings, nothing new to report'... its just adding words to try to sound intelligent.

The first time I noticed it being used was McInnis keep on saying ".....over the piece " !

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Sunderland are a massive club, most people expect Boro to do better than us.

Burnley should be up there with their financial advantage.

I’d avoid the other two if I was him.

Agree with all that but the only club out of that lot you would lob your house on to finish above us without a seconds hesitation is Burnley. This is the Championship and we know how it works.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, but then again I don’t think he was asking to be either!

Possibly…but how do you or anyone else on this forum know that… all we hear are ‘third party’ rumours and No figures have ever been put out in the public domain. Rightly so for all concerned.  All that has ever been said by the club is that he was offered an exceptional contract that he declined without negotiation.  Irrelevant really where he was on the City rich list 😀
so be it. Good luck to TC doing what most pro footballers do…make as much money as possible. The grass might be greener elsewhere, only time will tell.

sooner side show ended better

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, redkev said:

Hull are likely to get off to a good start though 🙈

I actually fancy us Saturday. They’ve lost a large part of their team over the summer and have a couple of injuries. 

20 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Possibly…but how do you or anyone else on this forum know that… all we hear are ‘third party’ rumours and No figures have ever been put out in the public domain. Rightly so for all concerned.  All that has ever been said by the club is that he was offered an exceptional contract that he declined without negotiation.  Irrelevant really where he was on the City rich list 😀
so be it. Good luck to TC doing what most pro footballers do…make as much money as possible. The grass might be greener elsewhere, only time will tell.

sooner side show ended better

Is that the exceptional contract that was pulled when he spoke to Celtic. Or the lower value one he was offered afterwards ?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ian is like fish in a barrel at times.

I suppose if you are somewhat right you are somewhat right but..

Didn't Ian tweet after James Piercy? Haha

28 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Is that the exceptional contract that was pulled when he spoke to Celtic. Or the lower value one he was offered afterwards ?

If you keep repeating enough it still does not make it fact.

Just because someone heard a rumour second or third hand it still does not make it a fact, that's not to say they were not well intentioned, by passing on.

With these type of things you need to try and decide does it make sense? By TC signing a contract his asett value to city significantly increases, so why would they loose that over a reduction of few thousand a week, chuck away millions for a few grand.

If there is some truth, what's not to say TC went back to city and said Celtic are willing to pay me X a week, so city say OK show us the deal and we will match it, but TC is unable to back it up, not saying any thread of truth in this, but without knowing the full story we never know if the contract being reduced is true or why 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Danny Coles was at Hull previously wasn’t he? anything to do with it?

He was also with the Gas and Forest Green so anything’s possible 

4 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Anyone else reckon that during the night Ian Gay wakes up every couple of minutes just so he can hear his own voice?

I reckon he`s got one of those relaxation tapes but instead of whalesong it`s him droning on about  how he`s always right about all things City.

• Haha 1

I have to say I don't understand why Ian is basically non official Comms, I don't mind a bit of ITK and people saying I heard x,y or z. But he's basically calling it as it goes along, saying stay tuned like he's bloody Fabrizio. Not a dig just weird he's being told so much

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Slack said:

I have to say I don't understand why Ian is basically non official Comms, I don't mind a bit of ITK and people saying I heard x,y or z. But he's basically calling it as it goes along, saying stay tuned like he's bloody Fabrizio. Not a dig just weird he's being told so much

It's a farce isn't it.

My grand theory is that he was a prolific critic and critique developer of prior regimes for good and bad..

Feed Ian and he becomes a captured interest, loyalty- negativity neutralised.

A loud fanbase voice onside. In the tent.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Anyone else reckon that during the night Ian Gay wakes up every couple of minutes just so he can hear his own voice?

Is there something you're not telling us JP? 😉

I hope you've got a good lawyer. 😇

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

How many are bots?

That's true but he seems to have a certain following. He is marmite and I'm not a huge fan but outside of this place and the fact Tinnion appears to randomly leak info to him...means unfortunately his words can carry some weight at times.

1 minute ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Yes by following a lot of people with same political views and asking for follows back. Quite sad really..

Also true but Tinnion leaking to him can't hurt.

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a farce isn't it.

My grand theory is that he was a prolific critic and critique developer of prior regimes for good and bad..

Feed Ian and he becomes a captured interest, loyalty- negativity neutralised.

A loud fanbase voice onside. In the tent.

He's a dancing bear.

Someone should liberate him, and hand him over to an animal charity.

They could try to rehabilitate him.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The problem is if Tinnion is feeding Ian info, bits of what he says will have some truth.

If he actually is feeding Ian info now and then that's gross ******* misconduct IMO. Incredibly dysfunctional and unprofessional, embarrassing all round.

If Tinnion has any sense, he'll tell Ian to hush it.

Problem is whether Ian's ego will allow him to keep hum.

Lose-Lose for Tinns atm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yep. 14-16 points, perhaps more from the first 10 games a useful benchmark?

Problems lie higher than LM and Hogg all told.

On paper we've got a decent start to the season and it's essential we make the most of it. Our team is comparatively settled compared to Hull and we should be aiming to come away with at least a point. Fingers crossed...

3 minutes ago, The Masked Man said:

On paper we've got a decent start to the season and it's essential we make the most of it. Our team is comparatively settled compared to Hull and we should be aiming to come away with at least a point. Fingers crossed...

I would take a point, hope for all 3.

Could be a decent time to play Hull as they're playing catchup a bit.

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

He is really on it today. Almost as if he’s adamant he knows the truth over anyone else it appears!  Is he saying higher or lower? 

IMG_7553.jpeg

So the other day when he said it was £5m and we were just negotiating payment structure, was he way out on the fee?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

All the right words in the wrong order. I think you meant: 

Happy to help.

Thank you. The man clearly has taken one occasion where he was leaked information and eeked out his ITK status as far he can. He can post what he likes now and some people will assume it's from the same source which is doubtful in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Fuber said:

If Tinnion has any sense, he'll tell Ian to hush it.

Problem is whether Ian's ego will allow him to keep hum.

Lose-Lose for Tinns atm.

Tinnion shouldn’t be telling anyone anything . It’s unprofessional . He’s either really insecure & craves  the attention or he’s a bloody idiot . Or both 

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

He is really on it today. Almost as if he’s adamant he knows the truth over anyone else it appears!  Is he saying higher or lower? 

IMG_7553.jpeg

£5m is the fee. Ian is good on some things but doubles down far too much on aspects he’s got nothing more than a hunch on. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Ron W said:

£5m is the fee. Ian is good on some things but doubles down far too much on aspects he’s got nothing more than a hunch on. 

If by £5m you mean £5m or ...£5m*

*=If, as or when add-ons hit.

Obviously if you can't state that is fine but a straight £5m would put Hull in pole position from our perspective?

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If by £5m you mean £5m or ...£5m*

*=If, as or when add-ons hit.

Obviously if you can't state that is fine but a straight £5m would out Hull in pole position from our perspective?

Uncertain, but understand it’s better than Boro’s initial offer.

• Thanks 1

Just looking at TCs agent, Danny Coles who works for Unique Sports Group. Looks like they are after a big pay packet summer, number of representatives being sold or offloaded this summer.

Jake O’Brien, Jonathon Rowe, Marc Guehi, Wan Bissaka, Che Adams, Cameron Archer, Ryan Sessegon, Jack Rudoni, Troy Parret, Ryan Giles, Adam Idah, Jordan James, Mark McGuiness to name a few!

Tommy, Cam Pring, TGH, Joseph James, OTC, all under there bracket 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Please can we stop posting Ian Gay nonsense?

Not really, he’s (somehow) now a key player in City transfer news. Not sure how many summers of this I could take, mind.

Nothing against him personally, it’s just made for a very weird window where you can’t enjoy a rumour without his ego pouring all over your screen.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Toffee dog said:

The way I see this know one has any idea what is going on irritatingly it’s about wait & see.

Shhhh…. Stop talking sense. If everyone adopted this stance the forum would seize up and grind to a halt. 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Thank you. The man clearly has taken one occasion where he was leaked information and eeked out his ITK status as far he can. He can post what he likes now and some people will assume it's from the same source which is doubtful in my opinion.

He used to post stuff on Ziderheads as exclusives but mostly he just trawls every website and relentlessly tweets journalists, and Tinnion as well probably, asking for info until he gets a snippet and makes it into a big itk story as if he's in the loop. He's 90% BS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Clock ticking a bit. 25 Days to get a deal over the line?

Wonder what kind of Asking Price SL will be wanting at this juncture as he surely gets the ultimate sign-off.

Just get shot now tbh Mr P. He isn't doing us any good so just get him out of the club.

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm beginning to come around to this, essentially the @Robbored way of thinking.

It’s true Ska - I don’t know what going on with the TC saga anymore than any other fan. There are those that claim or hint that they do know what’s happening but in reality it’s no more than conjecture.

My very simplistic take is based on what generally happens with most transfers - the money debate. Every club is looking to get the best deal for their club and that often leads to negotiations stalling or lingering on and that seems to be where the Twine situation is right now and has been for quite awhile.

As for Conway - the sooner he leaves City the better.

• Like 6