IGNORED

Tommy Conway - Signs for 'Boro- Official

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Nobody is saying we need to play him or develop him. Not one person. All anyone is saying is that we have reduced the players value by acting as we have, which there was no need to do. He could have continued to train and we didn’t need to do that.

So, simple question - ignore all the noise about what’s best for Tommy etc etc - purely from the clubs perspective by kicking him out of the first team set up have we reduced his likely sale price, and therefore we lose out.

Thats all anyone’s saying. The rest is just noise.

Ah you’re aware of the first rule of fight club as well…!

There is only value in a player if there is interest?  Perhaps there isn’t any and this is a way of increasing it?

With Danny Coles as his agent I’m sure there will be a few chats going on over a pint at a local boozer and by the time they leave they would have forgot what they were meeting for!!

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He is under no obligation to sign a contract extension. He informed the club their offers were not acceptable and that he'd be looking to leave. As is his right! Just like Alex Scott did may I add!!!

He's fulfilled his contract that he signed. He turned up to pre season training. 

You've made a lot of assumptions in your post. 

And liam manning is under no obligation to play an uncommitted player. This is the risk agents and players take when they think its all power to them. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gibbo7 said:

With Danny Coles as his agent I’m sure there will be a few chats going on over a pint at a local boozer and by the time they leave they would have forgot what they were meeting for!!

Ha Coles..Well that is just typical isn't it.

No good influence there.

34 minutes ago, lenred said:

Where has anyone said he is uncommitted to performing well for City? 

Not willing to " commit " to the club longer term is what I mean. For me that's enough why would Tommy risk I jury if he wants a move liam manning has absolutely made the right decision it's great management.

2 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

And liam manning is under no obligation to play an uncommitted player. This is the risk agents and players take when they think its all power to them. 

Not sure why the player and the agent are getting grief, how many years has TC given the club, both as a youth and a pro.

He might just fancy a new environment.

• Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

24 minutes ago, gibbo7 said:

I wouldn’t have him as a starter for either old firm team!!  Hence my comment about SPH outscoring him.

Celtic or Rangers wouldn't be signing him as their first choice starting no.9 though. Imo.

They'd be signing him because he has the potential to develop into that.

Putting opinion as to his ability aside, the clue is in the fact both teams are happy to sit on their hands, wait for another 12 month, then sign him for peanuts next summer.

If they were desperate for a starting 9, and thought Conway was the answer... right now, they'd be a darn sight more interested in signing him... right now. Which they're not. They want him but on the cheap.

And the list of other suitors, if Tommy cares to look, appears to be a short one.

Imo.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, gibbo7 said:

There is only value in a player if there is interest?  Perhaps there isn’t any and this is a way of increasing it?

I just wonder, the so crazy it might be brilliant.

Sometimes counter intuitive actions really pay off but I'm not altogether sure this will.

It isn't a good situation for the club but I think I blame Coles for the most part...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It really isn’t.

The Evening Post article itself says that Conway remains a popular member of the squad and players and staff have expressed surprise at the decision.

There is nothing to suggest he is causing an issue in the squad - and again, he has had this contract and refused to sign it for over a year. So we’re expected to believe that he was professional enough to play while not negotiating last season but not now? So his professionalism has gone out of the window since May?

Players know all the time that their peers are leaving in 6/9/12 months time. The fact he’s said he won’t renew his contract is in no way an issue today - as it wasn’t one two months ago for the same management team….

Now what has actually happened is out there I have to say that this seems like it is an emotive decision that has come from one of two people imo, neither of them with Liam or Manning in their name...........

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Now what has actually happened is out there I have to say that this seems like it is an emotive decision that has come from one of two people imo, neither of them with Liam or Manning in their name...........

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter…

25 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Nobody is saying we need to play him or develop him. Not one person. All anyone is saying is that we have reduced the players value by acting as we have, which there was no need to do. He could have continued to train and we didn’t need to do that.

So, simple question - ignore all the noise about what’s best for Tommy etc etc - purely from the clubs perspective by kicking him out of the first team set up have we reduced his likely sale price, and therefore we lose out.

Thats all anyone’s saying. The rest is just noise.

Ah you’re aware of the first rule of fight club as well…!

Spot on with the bit in bold and above it….people are dragging in largely irrelevant opinions on both sides.

Tommy will be owning his decision, Manning and others will be owning theirs.  To hear some players and staff are surprised of the action taken is not good, nor is the timing of it.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter…

I just don't see a world at Bristol City where Liam Manning can banish players out of sight without it coming from/going to the very top or pretty damn close.........................

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

55 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Disagree. His value is set and someone reaches it or doesn’t. If not, he is in the u23. We are a stepping stone club but it does not mean we need to cater to every young player. In this instance, we are right I think. We have been in constant talks, we have him an offer and after a season he didn’t go above and beyond to earn a better offer. 

Being professional is the bare minimum so I am glad he is doing that. However, he doesn’t want to commit to bristol city so why should we commit to playing him? We have new players in and new options who want to be here. It is consequence for the path he has taken. Sorry we won’t be held hostage by a 22 year old who frankly has achieved mediocrity so far in his career. I’d argue he has reached his ceiling or close to it. He won’t be getting much stronger, faster or better in the air. 

Anyway, not supposed to be a TC bashing post. I just agree with the actions taken. Preseason and early opportunities will go to committed players. I’m sure he can work his way back into the side if keeps up his professionalism and doesn’t leave this window. No reason he should be taking minutes from players who are here. 

I don’t see it as us being ‘held hostage’ by Conway. He wants a move and we’ll most likely find a way of him getting one. I just don’t see what anyone gains by not allowing him in the dressing room etc. That just seems a bit petty to me. It means he won’t be getting any minutes, he could be seen as a potential trouble maker by other clubs and will therefore decrease his value. Nobody gains from that. Just allowing him to train with the first team, giving him very limited game time and telling him privately he won’t be playing much would be a better course of action in my view.

I don’t disagree with anything else you say about Conway. He’s a decent player but doesn’t have anything like the potential Semenyo, Scott or Kelly had when they left. I just want him to go now. But I don’t see how cutting him off like we are, however much I understand it from an emotional perspective, helps anyone. 

• Like 2

Again, all I’m saying is from clubs perspective by doing this it makes more clubs more aware of the TC situation.  More clubs potentially interested, more clubs potentially bid, then we have an auction.

This is what could happen.

On the other hand, I think we may see Tommy loaned out somewhere until the end of his contract like Weimann but for obvious different reasons.

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I don’t see it as us being ‘held hostage’ by Conway. He wants a move and we’ll most likely find a way of him getting one. I just don’t see what anyone gains by not allowing him in the dressing room etc. That just seems a bit petty to me. It means he won’t be getting any minutes, he could be seen as a potential trouble maker by other clubs and will therefore decrease his value. Nobody gains from that. Just allowing him to train with the first team, giving him very limited game time and telling him privately he won’t be playing much would be a better course of action in my view.

I don’t disagree with anything else you say about Conway. He’s a decent player but doesn’t have anything like the potential Semenyo, Scott or Kelly had when they left. I just want him to go now. But I don’t see how cutting him off like we are, however much I understand it from an emotional perspective, helps anyone. 

I wouldn’t believe every tiny little detail in the report.  Training with 21’s yes, not being allowed in certain areas, I wouldn’t be so sure.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Well, he did say that he wanted Massengo out and getting him out of the door was brilliant business.

Because he wouldn't sign a new contract, same as Conway.

I agree that Bakinson was a different scenario, but he had some pretty choice words for him as well. No need for it.

Hey ho.

Every need for it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I just don't see a world at Bristol City where Liam Manning can banish players out of sight without it coming from/going to the very top or pretty damn close.........................

Surely it’s his decision, ratified by our esteemed leadership group?  With the article saying it’s down to him, would Piercy say that if it wasn’t?  Pretty ballsy if it isn’t and I’d be livid if I was Manning if it wasn’t my decision.  Whatever my thoughts on him and his quality he certainly doesn’t strike me as a shrinking violet tbf to him. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I see a Mr Gay is very supportive of this decision, didn’t he lambast Nige’s approach on Massengo?

I wonder what’s changed……

The difference with Massengo was he wasn’t very good. 😂 and is continuing to show absolutely nothing outside of Burnley’s u21s. 

As for Ian, he is good at justifying what ever jumps into his head at any given moment. Particularly if he can say I told you so. Bless him! I like that he has a new mate mind you and we can get a little bit more information. All the sane people have to do is take the spin off of it!

14 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

The player has a contract. This is the mirror image of GJ and Basso and needs to be resolved quickly  as that mess effected the team as did the Maynard thing  

Is Conway not buying into the Manning way? 

I don’t think there is a ‘power play’ here outside of a player who wants to leave and specifically doesn’t want to play Manningball 

10 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Massengo was the most overrated player in our history. 

YES HE WAS!

• Like 1

I have a feeling he’ll ultimately end up at a club below the level he thinks he should play at.

He’s a good player, and obviously great if he stayed - but he’s not in the same league as Scott or Semenyo.. or even Bryan/Reid imo. I think he’ll end up at a team who will be comfortably top 8 in this league but no better than that. If he’d scored a couple at the Euros then Celtic/Rangers might be a possibility but not now.

Quite pleasantly surprised to see Manning taking a tough line on this. We need players who want to be here - and i’d guess that this stance has resulted from some attitude issues we aren’t privy to. Different standard of player and different situation, but Pearson was far harsher on Marley Watkins.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, gibbo7 said:

I wouldn’t believe every tiny little detail in the report.  Training with 21’s yes, not being allowed in certain areas, I wouldn’t be so sure.

Ah. So we’re allowed to believe the details in the report that it was an excellent offer and Tommy hasn’t negotiated but we’re not allowed to believe the part in the report that says he’s banished from the first team dressing room.

Good to know. Shall we just make up our own report then?

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

Surely it’s his decision, ratified by our esteemed leadership group?  With the article saying it’s down to him, would Piercy say that if it wasn’t?  Pretty ballsy if it isn’t and I’d be livid if I was Manning if it wasn’t my decision.  Whatever my thoughts on him and his quality he certainly doesn’t strike me as a shrinking violet tbf to him. 

I'm not saying he's a shrinking violet but he ain't no Brian Clough either. Players come and go in football all the time, Liam will be used to that. Someone has waxed lyrical, going on record saying that Tommy will be our Centre Forward, along with Sam Bell, for the next 18 years and someone who ain't that interested in pumping in his personal fortune any more stands to lose an absolute shed load of dosh over the decision that Tommy has made (and is entitled to btw). This will not be a Liam Manning unilateral "**** him" decision, I just don't see it.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I'm not saying he's a shrinking violet but he ain't no Brian Clough either. Players come and go in football all the time, Liam will be used to that. Someone has waxed lyrical, going on record saying that Tommy will be our Centre Forward, along with Sam Bell, for the next 18 years and someone who ain't that interested in pumping in his personal fortune any more stands to lose an absolute shed load of dosh over the decision that Tommy has made (and is entitled to btw). This will not be a Liam Manning unilateral "**** him" decision, I just don't see it.

Fair play. Completely get the point.  Manning is taking a huge huge risk if so though.  
But certainly not doubting in any way that the menchildren in charge of our club would behave that way!  

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You have to wonder how this will make ambitious players who sign a 3 year deal with a 'year option' feel if that option could mean a spell in the reserves if they won't sign a contract beyond that. 

It does seem like we've buried our heads in the sand though as a club and allowed this situation to get where it is. As others have pointed out this situation was coming 12 months ago. As for other players, offer them a 100% wage increase and they won't really give a flying one, that's what Agents are for...........I do agree with @Merrick's Marvels to a degree in that this is probably a (slightly) cack handed attempt to speed things up.

If Tommy was 34 he could say "who cares, I'll train with the 21's for a year and spend more time with the missus, no sweat" but at 22 he won't want to be doing that.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ah. So we’re allowed to believe the details in the report that it was an excellent offer and Tommy hasn’t negotiated but we’re not allowed to believe the part in the report that says he’s banished from the first team dressing room.

Good to know. Shall we just make up our own report then?

When did I say it was an excellent offer?

the stance from the Club all along has been he’s been made an offer that the club deem to be excellent that he hasn’t signed……do you listen to the official club interviews?  If so you would know this.

Also, if you knew anything about journalism you would know that bits are added to make stories more interesting, more talked about and this particular article has done a very good job.

Until Manning or Tinnion for that matter comes out and talks about Tommy to the fans I won’t believe every fine detail from a journalist.

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Well, he did say that he wanted Massengo out and getting him out of the door was brilliant business.

Because he wouldn't sign a new contract, same as Conway.

I agree that Bakinson was a different scenario, but he had some pretty choice words for him as well. No need for it.

Hey ho.

sounds very vindictive re: Massengo. Totally see where you're coming from...

1 minute ago, gibbo7 said:

When did I say it was an excellent offer?

the stance from the Club all along has been he’s been made an offer that the club deem to be excellent that he hasn’t signed……do you listen to the official club interviews?  If so you would know this.

Also, if you knew anything about journalism you would know that bits are added to make stories more interesting, more talked about and this particular article has done a very good job.

Until Manning or Tinnion for that matter comes out and talks about Tommy to the fans I won’t believe every fine detail from a journalist.

So…just to be clear which parts do you believe in the article, and based on precedent, why would you believe a word the club say when they do make a statement (multiple recent examples here but just picking one or two the Medube work permit and two signing the day after fixture release)

• Like 1

This is tinnions work IMO. Let’s see how this pans out. We are trying to get shot of Conway to recoup a fee. If it works then credit to tinnion for the hard line approach.

1 minute ago, milo1111 said:

This is tinnions work IMO. Let’s see how this pans out. We are trying to get shot of Conway to recoup a fee. If it works then credit to tinnion for the hard line approach.

Higher up than Brian would be my guess 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

For his many faults, Tinnion has been a massive fan and advocate of Tommy's for way longer than he's been in the first team picture. Can't see it here.

• Hmmm 1

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on with the bit in bold and above it….people are dragging in largely irrelevant opinions on both sides.

Tommy will be owning his decision, Manning and others will be owning theirs.  To hear some players and staff are surprised of the action taken is not good, nor is the timing of it.

I've got to be honest: I find the whole process of kicking a player into the under-21's very regressive, completely rules out any kind of change or heart and properly kills the relationship between player and club. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

For his many faults, Tinnion has been a massive fan and advocate of Tommy's for way longer than he's been in the first team picture. Can't see it here.

Tinnion is running the show. I heard this from a friend in non league who knows the club well a couple of years ago and I didn’t believe a word he said! Well I was wrong! 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

Tinnion is running the show. I heard this from a friend in non league who knows the club well a couple of years ago and I didn’t believe a word he said! Well I was wrong! 

Mrs. Tinnion seemingly running the Coffee Shop if true, is rather revealing abour the sort of club/organisation it is too.

7 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

Some people don’t like not getting their own way. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Indeed.

I'm also almost amazed a mountain has been made out of a non-existent molehill. Almost.

As posted earlier, multiple posters need to give their head a wobble here.

No-one's saying Conway's suddenly a disruptive prima donna. No-one's saying "Think of the children! How will all our academy kids react?". No-one's saying Tinnion or Manning have lost the plot.

It's really ******* simple:

- Is it in City's best interest that Conway leaves NOW, for some sort of fee - or in 12 months time for peanuts?

The decision to stick him with the u21s is - simply- an attempt to engineer the former, not the latter.

That is all.

No more, no less.

Sensible posters completely losing the plot on this one.

Put yourself in City's shoes - is it best he leaves this summer or next  given he won't sign a new contract?

For City - this summer, right?

But there's no sign of that happening, right?

So what should City?

Sticking Conway in the u21s might seem harsh but it is about the only move the club have left to try and engineer the outcome that is in the best interests of our football club.

And it's in no way comparable- absolutely no way comparable - to the situations of Scott or Semenyo. They had clubs queuing up to sign them, clubs happy to offer us what we wanted, when we wanted it. That's NOT the case with Conway. We have clubs happy to sign him when They want even if it doesn't suit us. For a fee They're happy to pay but doesn't suit us.

They and Conway hold the cards.

We're just trying to shift the dynamic, bring it back to something more favourable to City. Drastic - and harsh on the player - but this is about what's best for Bristol City. Which is exactly as it should be.

I am right with you with the head wobbling. 

Im hopeful that an agreement can be reached with <insert club name here> There are plenty out there who will suit him and I suspect Semenyo and Scott have already had a word, particularly at a knock down training with the kids price  

What bothers me is all the bullshit how a bloke who was easily are most valuable asset in December is now according to some a bit crap. Brilliantly handled as always. 😂 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I just don’t think there is much value for him anyway. Rumours we are paying 1.2m up front for Sinclair. Different numbers but similar ages. So what does it make conways value in a similar situation? 2m? It’s something for sure but i don’t see him training and playing making a difference to that in 6 weeks.

It would be better to sell him this window but it isn’t a disaster if he stays and just stays in u23. Maybe hostage is the wrong wording but we won’t play on his terms is what I mean. This is what we value you at and you haven’t done anything to go much higher for now. 

• Like 1

Back to another building season it is then?

Is the big picture here. If we replaced Conway with these 2 strikers, a prime year one, Yu and Twine (minus Dire, King, James, Weimann too obvs) well you wonder.

This just feels like a plodding season, building again.

I just wonder, Conway plus the additions even if it is only for one year.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Back to another building season it is then?

Is the big picture here. If we replaced Conway with these 2 strikers, a prime year one, Yu and Twine (minus Dire, King, James, Weimann too obvs) well you wonder.

This just feels like a plodding season, building again.

Same old……

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Same old……

I just wonder if we got Twine over the line, these two with the room for those and succession planning and Conway fully integrated still one but only one more year and Wells and his experience.

That could be interesting but two relatively raw strikers coming in..slightly worrying really.

Don’t like freezing players out, but the way I see it is other clubs who may or may not been waiting till next summer may jump in like we did with Max Bird. (not loan him back though) 

It would not surprise me if we see bids albeit low but better than we would get next summer, very soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Where has anyone said he is uncommitted to performing well for City? 

Quoted that he has told the club he wants to leave. That's different to "I'm committed to the year ahead".

1 minute ago, Tim Monaghan said:

This is so simple.

Tommy doesn’t wanna be here, he doesn’t want to be at Bristol City, so why have him around the team? It’s his choice, nobody else’s. If he doesn’t want to be here, then he isn’t part of the team. It really is as simple as that. 

No hard feelings, but we move on. 

Thanks Tommy and good luck. 

If he has genuinely told the club he wants to leave then I'd put him on gardening leave and let him train on his own. 

Contractually I'd be surprised if there is an obligation to let him use the facilities.

42 minutes ago, Merrick&#x27;s Marvels said:

Indeed.

I'm also almost amazed a mountain has been made out of a non-existent molehill. Almost.

As posted earlier, multiple posters need to give their head a wobble here.

No-one's saying Conway's suddenly a disruptive prima donna. No-one's saying "Think of the children! How will all our academy kids react?". No-one's saying Tinnion or Manning have lost the plot.

It's really ******* simple:

- Is it in City's best interest that Conway leaves NOW, for some sort of fee - or in 12 months time for peanuts?

The decision to stick him with the u21s is - simply- an attempt to engineer the former, not the latter.

That is all.

No more, no less.

Sensible posters completely losing the plot on this one.

Put yourself in City's shoes - is it best he leaves this summer or next  given he won't sign a new contract?

For City - this summer, right?

But there's no sign of that happening, right?

So what should City?

Sticking Conway in the u21s might seem harsh but it is about the only move the club have left to try and engineer the outcome that is in the best interests of our football club.

And it's in no way comparable- absolutely no way comparable - to the situations of Scott or Semenyo. They had clubs queuing up to sign them, clubs happy to offer us what we wanted, when we wanted it. That's NOT the case with Conway. We have clubs happy to sign him when They want even if it doesn't suit us. For a fee They're happy to pay but doesn't suit us.

They and Conway hold the cards.

We're just trying to shift the dynamic, bring it back to something more favourable to City. Drastic - and harsh on the player - but this is about what's best for Bristol City. Which is exactly as it should be.

It’s not though is it?

The easiest thing would be to lower the asking price and try and keep a player onside.

You are right it’s not comparable to Scott and Semenyo in terms of who is after him and fee.

But by being drastic and harsh on the player we are reducing our chance of getting a good fee.  We’ve shown our hand (again).

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I just don’t think there is much value for him anyway. Rumours we are paying 1.2m up front for Sinclair. Different numbers but similar ages. So what does it make conways value in a similar situation? 2m? It’s something for sure but i don’t see him training and playing making a difference to that in 6 weeks.

It would be better to sell him this window but it isn’t a disaster if he stays and just stays in u23. Maybe hostage is the wrong wording but we won’t play on his terms is what I mean. This is what we value you at and you haven’t done anything to go much higher for now. 

If his value is as you suggest Joe, why tell clubs we want £5-8m…if not more?

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Manning..or someone above?

A certain Technical Director..this just smacks of him in some respects IMO.

Perhaps it was Mannings decision and he ran it by BT because of the potential implications.

Playing Devil's advocate here. I wonder how many who are quick to jump on LM and/or BT over this decision, would have regarded it as firm/solid management had the same decision been made by Pearson?

• Like 5

Just now, Tim Monaghan said:

Yeah, we have a duty of care, so we can’t just tell him to stay at home. It’s basically gardening leave as you’ve said. Also, why would you want him around team tactics for the new season etc just incase he moves to a championship club.

I don’t feel sorry at all for Tommy here. 

Nope, me neither. 

As a local lad I think he owes the club and the best solution would have been to sign a new contract and to have a release clause that if someone comes in for him at a sensible mutually agreed trigger price he is free to talk to them. 

Unfortunately, whoever is advising him may have pulled the wrong card! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s not though is it?

The easiest thing would be to lower the asking price and try and keep a player onside.

You are right it’s not comparable to Scott and Semenyo in terms of who is after him and fee.

But by being drastic and harsh on the player we are reducing our chance of getting a good fee.  We’ve shown our hand (again).

Incorrect. The minute the window slams shut on September the 1st our chance of getting a good fee drastically diminishes anyway, his value  won't decrease in 6 weeks just because he is not training with the first team it makes absolutely no difference to his worth this summer.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Incorrect. The minute the window slams shut on September the 1st our chance of getting a good fee drastically diminishes anyway his fee won't decrease in 6 weeks just because he is not training with the first team it makes absolutely no difference to his worth this summer.

Tend to agree.

Can't see clubs being swayed by his present situation at all.

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Incorrect. The minute the window slams shut on September the 1st our chance of getting a good fee drastically diminishes anyway his fee won't decrease in 6 weeks just because he is not training with the first team it makes absolutely no difference to his worth this summer.

We won’t get a good fee either way,if his attitude is right and I have no reason to say it’s not because he loves it here so he says then it’s more worth while him being here than selling him for pittance let’s be honest 

• Like 1

what a surprise, uproar at LM / BT over Tommy to the U21s, after declining a contract and any further negotiations, so the club are actively trying to move him on this transfer window.

But it was the right thing to do with Massengo  even though it left us short of midfielders and a iniment move could not be made.

Seems it was OK for Nige to but not Manning

• Haha 1
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't think he is ready for PL yet but just my view.

Higher end Championship possibly so, Old Firm possibly so.

Cardiff are we sure??

Totally agree pops , nowhere near ready , potential yes , but someone please tell me when you havewatchedTommy over a sustained period of games and thought , yes he looks the business ( aka Scott ) he is at the moment an average to decent championship striker learning his trade the best thing for his development would be to sign a contract let the outside noise go over his head and get down to learning your trade and working hard , then the big / bigger moves will come if good enough ,

However he may well have had a conversation with the coach who may well have said things that Tommy doesn’t like etc etc different scenario then , it well may suit all parties he he moves on , all I wish is the sooner the better it’s sorted  for my football club 

• Like 4

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

We won’t get a good fee either way,if his attitude is right and I have no reason to say it’s not because he loves it here so he says then it’s more worth while him being here than selling him for pittance let’s be honest 

Tommy does not want to be here. He has left the club no choice we tried for a year to get him to stay.

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

what a surprise, uproar at LM / BT over Tommy to the U21s, after declining a contract and any further negotiations, so the club are actively trying to move him on this transfer window.

But it was the right thing to do with Massengo  even though it left us short of midfielders and a iniment move could not be made.

We had multiple dynamics with Massengo which we don't now.

Contract, offloading wages for FFP etc. Fear this could be cherrypicking a bit.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

I think he needs a new agent. he should sign the new deal get his head down play the best football he can and his big move might come his way. 

No doubt this would be the chosen scenario but 'I want to leave' suggests there's no way back now.

His 'welcome' should he face City in the future should be interesting. 🤔 

4 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Or it could be that people think Conway could be more useful than Massengo, he’s hardly set the footballing world alight since he left 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

We had multiple dynamics with Massengo which we don't now.

Contract, offloading wages for FFP etc. Fear you could be cherrypicking a bit.

We could have multiple dynamics with Tommy we don't know, but does not stop those judging city without the full picture.

For all we know we could be already negotiating a transfer at the minimum we will be circulating his availability.

• Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1