IGNORED

Tommy Conway - Signs for 'Boro- Official

Posted (edited)

If, as Mr P says, we do sign an additional striker and TC doesn't sign, stick him in the stiffs. We will have our strikers on board and they want to be here, unlike TC. He will leave for next to nothing next summer (£300k wasn't it?) and we will get that regardless.

If he doesn't sign, we lose nothing by not playing him and I would rather watch our future rather than an ill advised youngster wrecking his career through advisors greed. 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 7
  • Flames 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I believe his agent is Danny Coles so we can rest assured he is being advised in the most professional way possible 🤔

He's being badly advised whoever is in his ear! It's too early in his career to be the next 'Scott'.

He won't get there either if this attitude carries on.

Edited by Ska Junkie

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I believe his agent is Danny Coles so we can rest assured he is being advised in the most professional way possible 🤔

Not sure if his agent is Danny Coles or not, but I do remember him being arrested for being drunk and disorderly during pre-season in 2005ish and getting shipped out not long after. One of a few gobby piss heads at the time. Tinnion had no chance with those wasters.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1

He’s on the verge of entering what may well be his breakthrough season and he looks like he’s pulling the plug on it! Can’t see how he expects this to work out well for him. I wouldn’t be too hard on him personally though as he’s just a young lad - Like others have said I think you have to question the advice he’s getting!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Scrumpylegs said:

He’s on the verge of entering what may well be his breakthrough season and he looks like he’s pulling the plug on it! Can’t see how he expects this to work out well for him. I wouldn’t be too hard on him personally though as he’s just a young lad - Like others have said I think you have to question the advice he’s getting!

I think his breakthrough season was 22/23! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Scrumpylegs said:

He ain't gonna get a 'breakthrough' season in our U21's! 

Crap advice, I agree but ultimately  it's  his choice.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think his breakthrough season was 22/23! 

Think we’re on different wavelengths about wording there. In my eyes he’s established himself over the last few seasons’ nothing more - The ‘breakthrough’’ will be when opposition defences are s***ting their pants when they see his name on the team-sheet and he’s scoring week in and week out. He ain’t quite there yet but might not be too far away?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think any of us can really get our heads into the same headspace as a player potentially looking to sign a contract for tens of thousands of pounds a week.  Normal-person logic doesn’t work.

Can't we? You clearly don't know about my OnlyFans profile...

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

Can't we? You clearly don't know about my OnlyFans profile...

I assumed your profile picture on here was the ostrich’s neck buried in the sand! 😳😳😳

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Nugget said:

I think even if he had a change of heart, for some fans the damage is done, doesn’t wanna be here, be interesting if he heads to Portugal. 

I think you underestimate the fickleness of our fanbase 😉😉😉

• Like 3

Does anyone know what the kid was offered? 

The idea that “he doesn't want to be here” on here by some is more than a bit nauseating. He wants the best deal he can get! Does anyone expect him to sign for less than his market value in wages because some think there is a debt owed by a 21 year old

Infact the opposite is true the current manager wants to play a style that doesn’t suit Conway, has said so and is busy signing who he wants! 

Meanwhile Conway has lost the bloke who gave him his break to play for a guy who wants big blokes  

The club have become very adept in controlling the narrative and making sure some think/say/write what they are fed! 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

30 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Meanwhile Conway has lost the bloke who gave him his break to play for a guy who wants big blokes  

I honestly feel that is the prime mover in all this, looking from afar he appeared very happy at BCFC under the previous management.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

47 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Does anyone know what the kid was offered? 

The idea that “he doesn't want to be here” on here by some is more than a bit nauseating. He wants the best deal he can get! Does anyone expect him to sign for less than his market value in wages because some think there is a debt owed by a 21 year old

Infact the opposite is true the current manager wants to play a style that doesn’t suit Conway, has said so and is busy signing who he wants! 

The club have become very adept in controlling the narrative and making sure some think/say/write what they are fed! 

I think hes on a pretty basic breakthrough wage. My thinking mainly is that hes seen his ex flatmate and his ex strike partner add a zero to their wages in the space of 6 months of eachother, he could easily do the same BUT he hasnt really reached the height that even Antoine did, or even the heights he was hitting when he broke through (champ ypotm).

There is a player in there, dont get me wrong - but even from a club perspective, is he really all that? 20 goals in 82 league apps really aint that impressive for someone who thinks hes high end champ minimum/prem quality? Also inclusive of the fact he has scored a penalty against Boro, Sunderland, Rotherham, Blackburn and Hull? 

I remember him scoring that header against Ipswich, and even just the celebration pissed me off, no idea why.

Anyone who is familiar with the Bristol Nightlife scene also knows he can be a massive Knobhead. 

Apart from all this, I would like to see him stay, and hopefully kick on. We have seen glimpses of quality, but im personally not sure the way we play now under Manning suits him (possession based rather than nige’s faster paced, counter attacking football). 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, willy bedlock said:

Heads been turned obviously 

the-exorcist-regan-mac-neil.gif.714b10aae5e1d6f61118f6db2cdfc24c.gif

That's the post to which the meme should have been attached!

Edited by downendcity

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

I think hes on a pretty basic breakthrough wage. My thinking mainly is that hes seen his ex flatmate and his ex strike partner add a zero to their wages in the space of 6 months of eachother, he could easily do the same BUT he hasnt really reached the height that even Antoine did, or even the heights he was hitting when he broke through (champ ypotm).

There is a player in there, dont get me wrong - but even from a club perspective, is he really all that? 20 goals in 82 league apps really aint that impressive for someone who thinks hes high end champ minimum/prem quality? Also inclusive of the fact he has scored a penalty against Boro, Sunderland, Rotherham, Blackburn and Hull? 

I remember him scoring that header against Ipswich, and even just the celebration pissed me off, no idea why.

Anyone who is familiar with the Bristol Nightlife scene also knows he can be a massive Knobhead. 

Apart from all this, I would like to see him stay, and hopefully kick on. We have seen glimpses of quality, but im personally not sure the way we play now under Manning suits him (possession based rather than nige’s faster paced, counter attacking football). 

I’m completely not in any way associated with the Bristol nightlife scene. I will let those who know more than me say everything there is to say about the lad on a faceless forum. 

Who knows what he is on or has been offered, but your thoughts are duly noted by some. 

The way Mr Manning wants to play clearly doesn’t suit him and as stated the club has been searching for forwards that Mr Manning thinks will

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, bpexile said:

I honestly feel that is the prime mover in all this, looking from afar he appeared very happy at BCFC under the previous management.

Hasn’t he been turning down the new contract for over a year now, which is way before Manning joined.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Didn’t sign his contract though . 

No I agree he didn't Major, but we'll now never know if he would of if the guy that gave him his break was still in charge.

All hypothetical now isn't it ? & the sooner it's settled the better imo :thumbsup:.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

There is a lot to TC that is not known or in the public domain . We missed a few tricks a few years ago , when his flat mate was on a far superior contract , and we had signed players of lesser ability or potential on multiples of his wages . I would be surprised if his decision is money driven .

As we are signing players who are are very tall , for a single striker role , why on earth would he sign a new contract ? 

I would love TC to stay but he would be wasted with the Manning one up front . That’s life . It’s a club decision . 

Suggestions that he thinks he is something above his station are wide of the mark , he knows where he is at , it seems . He is making a big decision. The little , and it is little , bit I know , is that this is about the best place to be for his development. It is not about money . Much as that does not meet the narrative of some . 

Will we get a fee for him ? Who knows . But the lad is just trying to make the best decision . 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

56 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

As we are signing players who are are very tall , for a single striker role , why on earth would he sign a new contract ? 

56 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

I would love TC to stay but he would be wasted with the Manning one up front . That’s life . It’s a club decision . 

Knowing us we will sell Tommy then sack Manning and bring in a manager who plays to the now sold Tommys strengths!

• Confused 1

On 04/07/2024 at 20:57, Ska Junkie said:

He's being badly advised whoever is in his ear! It's too early in his career to be the next 'Scott'.

He won't get there either if this attitude carries on.

Badly advised? 

Sorry but if say we've offered him 20k for example. But his agent has said "hey Tommy, Rangers have made contact with me and they are prepared to offer you 30k a week plus a signing on fee" then that's not being badly advised is it? 

I think it is possible to be well advised financially but poorly advised professionally.

I've an open mind in respect of the Conway issue although I'd really rather we didn't lose him on a free, but...

Maybe Rangers or Celtic would he okay due to the level. Top third to tip.end Championship, ditto.

PL? Not yet IMO.

However to PL, Old Firm he could better himself financially for sure. Probably some Parachute clubs too.

Easy to make the wrong move at the wrong time and be set back however- happens often in football.

• Like 4

• Admin
9 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Badly advised? 

Sorry but if say we've offered him 20k for example. But his agent has said "hey Tommy, Rangers have made contact with me and they are prepared to offer you 30k a week plus a signing on fee" then that's not being badly advised is it? 

Surely depends if it is the right club at the right time? 

If he's only looking for the maximum money available I'd argue that is bad advice 

• Like 1

I suspect the contact offer has been on the table since Nigel Pearson’s days hasn’t it?

I don’t buy the argument that he can’t play in a one, and we don’t play to his strengths.

What are his strengths? He’s a good finisher, he’s sharp, and energetic, okay in the air. Not particularly unusual. 

How many teams play a front two these days? Whatever it is, he’s limiting his options if playing in a “one” is not acceptable to him. I’d suggest he’s better off adapting his game and learning to play in a one as well as a two. Good players can and will adapt.

Good luck to him if he goes, Scotland would be a good move, I think he’d score a hatful there for a team that generally dominates weaker opponents. 

Not concerned if/when he does go though, will have nowhere near the impact of Alex Scott leaving IMO.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I genuinely don’t think with what they have already committed in the way of fees etc that at present, Celtic or Rangers could afford Conway, hence the previous suggestion in the Scottish football press that get would prefer to do a deal in January knowing they would get him for a peppercorn fee. I also think that he is far from a Premier League level player at present but someone is clearly ‘in his ear’. IMHO he’d be better signing a deal with a release clause, better wages (obviously) and developing at City for another couple of years than ending up possibly being a squad player elsewhere. Everyone has an opinion though. 😊

Edited by Andrew Horsman
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

can a player sack his agent whenever or are they on timed contracts too??

Scotty Murray would be able to give chapter and verse about that.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Andrew Horsman said:

I genuinely don’t think with what they have already committed in the way of fees etc that at present, Celtic or Rangers could afford Conway, hence the previous suggestion in the Scottish football press that get would prefer to do a deal in January knowing they would get him for a peppercorn fee. I also think that he is far from a Premier League level player at present but someone is clearly ‘in his ear’. IMHO he’d be better signing a deal with a release clause, better wages (obviously) and developing at City for another couple of years than ending up possibly being a squad player elsewhere. Everyone has an opinion though. 😊

I think Celtic should be able to, they have major Retained Profit, Cash Reserves and Profitable each year as well as CL football. Rangers are a bit more variable financially but owners who put some cash in.

I do agree new deal, perhaps release clause, higher wages etc seems a way to go- flourish here and go if or when the time is right. Or maybe we somehow go up by 2026 or something with a happy Conway.

Celtic Cash Reserves at the end of June 2023.

Screenshot_20240706-132432_OneDrive.jpg.e19054a3c23559b21ff9f14c66d7c961.jpg

Just the £70m or thereabouts. 🤷‍♂️

Now whether they would or do, or they have a wage cap or even higher end fee they wish to pay for a player, that's a totally separate issue.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

did he have issues?

As I remember, he split with the agent and the agent sued him for outstanding monies owed.

It went to court and I think Murray won the case (thats from memory).

Similar case with Obefemi Martens back in 2010;

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/obafemi-martins-wins-legal-case-1410030

There will be numerous others no doubt.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Flames 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Badly advised? 

That could be the case but it could also be the case that, us apart, he's been offered nothing and the agent sees pound signs with no thought for the player. His future progression should be thought about too, not just £££ in the short term.

Nobody knows.

Personally, I don't think he's ready for the 'big' move and should be getting his head down here to build that reputation but that's just my opinion, which is clearly biased to BCFC.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

As I remember, he split with the agent and the agent sued him for outstanding monies owed.

It went to court and I think Murray won the case (thats from memory).

Similar case with Obefemi Martens back in 2010;

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/obafemi-martins-wins-legal-case-1410030

There will be numerous others no doubt.

thanks for that, makes me think all this is tommys agent doing whats best for tommys agent.

joe bryan was in a similar situation once but he stayed a bit longer and got the big move he wanted with everyone happy

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RollsRoyce said:

There is a lot to TC that is not known or in the public domain . We missed a few tricks a few years ago , when his flat mate was on a far superior contract , and we had signed players of lesser ability or potential on multiples of his wages . I would be surprised if his decision is money driven .

Suggestions that he thinks he is something above his station are wide of the mark , he knows where he is at , it seems . He is making a big decision. The little , and it is little , bit I know , is that this is about the best place to be for his development. It is not about money . Much as that does not meet the narrative of some . 

Will we get a fee for him ? Who knows . But the lad is just trying to make the best decision . 

Exactly!

The suggestion he is something above his station’ emanated from ‘within the club hierarchy’

2 hours ago, Kibs said:

I suspect the contact offer has been on the table since Nigel Pearson’s days hasn’t it?

I don’t buy the argument that he can’t play in a one, and we don’t play to his strengths.

What are his strengths? He’s a good finisher, he’s sharp, and energetic, okay in the air. Not particularly unusual. 

How many teams play a front two these days? Whatever it is, he’s limiting his options if playing in a “one” is not acceptable to him. I’d suggest he’s better off adapting his game and learning to play in a one as well as a two. Good players can and will adapt.

Good luck to him if he goes, Scotland would be a good move, I think he’d score a hatful there for a team that generally dominates weaker opponents. 

Not concerned if/when he does go though, will have nowhere near the impact of Alex Scott leaving IMO.

Playing to Tommy’s strengths isn’t a binary “play on his own or play in a two”, it is much much style based that formation / no. of strikers based.  So it’s wrong to suggest he can’t play in a one.  It’s more about the way the team plays, the types of chances he gets, where those chances come from, the speed of build-up, etc.

Imho he has a pretty well-rounded game, but he wants to be on the end of chances in the box.  Under Manning, we generally build-up slowly, we have to go round the outside and allow teams to create condensed defensive areas of the pitch.  Not conducive to any forward, let alone Tommy.

Comparing to Alex Scott is crazy.  Can still be a bloody good player without needing to be as good as Alex Scott.

Seems when a player might be leaving it becomes an easy target.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Playing to Tommy’s strengths isn’t a binary “play on his own or play in a two”, it is much much style based that formation / no. of strikers based.  So it’s wrong to suggest he can’t play in a one.  It’s more about the way the team plays, the types of chances he gets, where those chances come from, the speed of build-up, etc.

Imho he has a pretty well-rounded game, but he wants to be on the end of chances in the box.  Under Manning, we generally build-up slowly, we have to go round the outside and allow teams to create condensed defensive areas of the pitch.  Not conducive to any forward, let alone Tommy.

Comparing to Alex Scott is crazy.  Can still be a bloody good player without needing to be as good as Alex Scott.

Seems when a player might be leaving it becomes an easy target.

Understand that, and stand by my opinion. Wasn’t comparing him as a player to Scott 👍 I was simply suggesting the void to fill and impact on the way we play doesn’t concern me in the same way. 

Funnily enough I wasn’t “targeting” him either, seems you can only have a negative view (which mine wasn’t intended to be particularly), when it’s targeted at LM/BT/JL. 

Edited by Kibs
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

That could be the case but it could also be the case that, us apart, he's been offered nothing and the agent sees pound signs with no thought for the player. His future progression should be thought about too, not just £££ in the short term.

Nobody knows.

Personally, I don't think he's ready for the 'big' move and should be getting his head down here to build that reputation but that's just my opinion, which is clearly biased to BCFC.

Take away our biases and the reality is Tommy Conway is not a Liam Manning type of player. He's now 2nd choice. 

So I don't think money or career wise that it's the right thing for Tommy to stay here.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Understand that, and stand by my opinion. Wasn’t comparing him as a player to Scott 👍 I was simply suggesting the void to fill and impact on the way we play doesn’t concern me in the same way. 

Funnily enough I wasn’t “targeting” him either, seems you can only have a negative view (which mine wasn’t intended to be particularly), when it’s targeted at LM/BT/JL. 

My reply was general too Kibs, just replying to yours as the basis of my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Take away our biases and the reality is Tommy Conway is not a Liam Manning type of player. He's now 2nd choice. 

So I don't think money or career wise that it's the right thing for Tommy to stay here.

An opinion you are more than welcome to hold WSM.

As a City supporter, obviously, I want what's best for the club, not necessarily the individual.

Sadly, Tommy could be left in limbo at a very important stage of his career / development 😢. Is that his choice or poor advice? We just don't know.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

I think there is way too much over analysis of Tommy Conway. Simply put he is a very talented young man capable of scoring goals at a very high level, certainly there is still

a lot of development potential to be fulfilled. The sad dynamic for me is that with our model we are likely to see a succession of Tommy Conway's flourish on our stage and then hold greater controls on their overall destiny should

they so wish. This is not of course a one way street we too seek to capture talented players by way of established release clauses or limited contracts.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I don't get many tidbits but I think he'll sign.

UTC

you would think he would be smart enough to know that if he was wanted by a big club,he would have been snapped up by now

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is the contract still on the table then?

Can’t see any reason why not.

He’s only 21, was our top scorer last season, has made his international debut & is a valuable asset.

Of course if someone made us an acceptable offer he would still be off, but if there isn’t concrete interest this outcome would be best all round.

As we have clearly been rejected by a couple of strikers this summer with Mayulu on board it would solve that problem too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

why would celtic want him. he could not even get a run out for Scotland when they were desperate for goals at the euros. sorry not as good as he and some think he is

Agreed and when I posted that out on here towards the end of last season it was pointed out that TC is still only 21 and not yet fully developed as a striker………fair comment.

However it wouldn’t bother me one iota if/when he moves on. He may improve at his next club but whoever signs him will know that he’s not the finished article and will hopefully hone his skills in front of goal. 

Tommy’s playing with fire here to some degree. Yes he’s got great potential but he’s not the real deal just yet . If he doesn’t leave and just runs his contract down he runs the risk of sitting on his arse all of next season if Liam sticks with one up top . With little or no chance to impress suitors for an entire season where does he expect to go next summer ? He could end up in League one somewhere if he gets this wrong . He should just sign the contract on the table . If he’s good enough he’ll get the move he wants even if he does sign the contract . 

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

If he stays, in some ways it’s not great for us or him as Liam seems to want a different profile lone striker, we may be wanting to cling onto someone that potentially isn’t gonna get guaranteed game time 

33 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Tommy’s playing with fire here to some degree. Yes he’s got great potential but he’s not the real deal just yet . If he doesn’t leave and just runs his contract down he runs the risk of sitting on his arse all of next season if Liam sticks with one up top . With little or no chance to impress suitors for an entire season where does he expect to go next summer ? He could end up in League one somewhere if he gets this wrong . He should just sign the contract on the table . If he’s good enough he’ll get the move he wants even if he does sign the contract . 

Maybe it’s his agent who isn’t as good as he thinks he is, rather than Tommy!!!

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Nugget said:

If he stays, in some ways it’s not great for us or him as Liam seems to want a different profile lone striker, we may be wanting to cling onto someone that potentially isn’t gonna get guaranteed game time 

See my view is the exact opposite.

We get to secure our top scorer, with Mayulu signed, Wells still available & Sam Bell someone who I think will end up as a striker long term, our options suddenly look better.

Obvious that our meagre transfer funds (whatever happened to those claiming Lansdown would back Manning this summer?) are making it very tough to get strikers in, so this would be good news.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

36 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

A sensibly placed buy out clause may now be the way forward with this... although of course that may have previously entered discussions.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We get to secure our top scorer, with Mayulu signed, Wells still available & Sam Bell someone who I think will end up as a striker long term, our options suddenly look better.

Obvious that our meagre transfer funds (whatever happened to those claiming Lansdown would back Manning this summer?) are making it very tough to get strikers in, so this would be good news.

I don’t disagree but if I was Tommy he’s got increased competition now & he was often rotated with Wells as it is before Mayulu. Interesting few weeks ahead. 

A quick update on TC.

Rangers have bid 1.75m for him. It’s a take it or leave it offer from rangers as they are skint and can barely afford that. The deal is littered with add ons and only £400k upfront. Pretty poor from them. Apparently Tinnion wants to peddle this story apparently to generate interest as currently there is none other than this bid! So very little interest in TC. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

A quick update on TC.

Rangers have bid 1.75m for him. It’s a take it or leave it offer from rangers as they are skint and can barely afford that. The deal is littered with add ons and only £400k upfront. Pretty poor from them. Apparently Tinnion wants to peddle this story apparently to generate interest as currently there is none other than this bid! So very little interest in TC. 

There will be plenty of interest in Tommy Conway, what there might not be is bids (at this point).  I know of one “bigger” club interested, they control when and if they bid (this summer).

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

A quick update on TC.

Pretty clever to bluff and then leak that you're bluffing. Absolutely shrewd operation. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There will be plenty of interest in Tommy Conway, what there might not be is bids (at this point).  I know of one “bigger” club interested, they control when and if they bid (this summer).

Perhaps Dave but as we speak that interest hasn’t materialised. Thus far clubs have only tentatively enquired about him so perhaps he’s not as good as he thinks he is. 

Posted (edited)

I don’t think it helps we’ve been so open about sign or sell.

It plays into the buying club(s) hands as they’ll know the longer it goes on the more likely we’ll drop the value and with agents who’ll use the media or drive up interest when bid(s) come in we’ve lost control of the situation to a degree 

This has got deadline day written all over it

Edited by Ashton Fete
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ashton Fete said:

It plays into the buying club(s) hands as they’ll know the longer it goes on the more likely we’ll drop the value and with agents who’ll use the media or drive up interest when bid(s) come in we’ve lost control of the situation to a degree 

Going to Deadline Day is fine, so long as we’ve done our business already. We can’t afford to be left short.

I’m sure he will be gone by 1st September but what we get for him is anyone’s guess - it will be nowhere near the £5m-£8m some have suggested.

Perhaps he will end up as part of the deal for Twine? After all, we have history of doing such deals with Burnley (Brownhill/Wells)

It really is quite tiresome the 'he's not as good as he thinks he is' line from people 

1.  Whether someone bids for you or not has nothing to do with how good you actually are.

2. No evidence of arrogance or arrogant behaviour, unless someone has experience of him being a big time Charlie?

3. He hasn't signed a new contract. That's it.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

32 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

Perhaps Dave but as we speak that interest hasn’t materialised. Thus far clubs have only tentatively enquired about him so perhaps he’s not as good as he thinks he is. 

What has bidding got to do with his ability, it doesn’t change because of bids / no bids!  And if City have said £5-8m (as per Post article) then clubs might think, ah sod it well have him for compo next summer, or wait til right near the end of the window, or January.

28 minutes ago, Ashton Fete said:

Yep, LM’s comments weren’t helpful either were they?  If you want him to stay, blow smoke up his arse.  If you’re gonna sell him, blow smoke up his arse.

15 minutes ago, The Bard said:

It really is quite tiresome the 'he's not as good as he thinks he is' line from people 

1.  Whether someone bids for you or not has nothing to do with how good you actually are.

2. No evidence of arrogance or arrogant behaviour, unless someone has experience of him being a big time Charlie?

3. He hasn't signed a new contract. That's it.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I wonder if Conway would be a better performer and even score more goals if he was the “number 10” with the French newcomer. In other words instead of Twine?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I wonder if Conway would be a better performer and even score more goals if he was the “number 10” with the French newcomer. In other words instead of Twine?

The season that Weimann scored all those goals, Nige and coaches worked a lot with Tommy on playing him off the striker(s).

I think it showed up in his understanding with Wells in how they would work as a pair making reverse runs.

Certainly an option.