IGNORED

Tommy Conway - Signs for 'Boro- Official

Just now, Davefevs said:

I agree, Tommy doesn’t hold all the aces, but he has some of them, and maybe the odd wild card up his sleeve!

Let's be fair, and given some of the dialogue from posters today who think the hierarchy are unfairly targeted, it really SHOULDN'T be beyond the wit of the highly qualified individuals we apparently have to organise an "out" for Tommy that doesn't look disastrous for the club either. Here's a chance to show us that we have underestimated them and that they are, in fact, effective operators on behalf of the club. A gift wrapped opportunity to do something positive. Say what you like about Swiss - he would have Tommy out of the door by the end of the window, 100%, and he would also have us all believing it was a great outcome for BCFC!!

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I agree, Tommy doesn’t hold all the aces, but he has some of them, and maybe the odd wild card up his sleeve!

This is where I've been wondering why people think he's been "badly advised". I don't really see that he has been from his perspective. 

Badly advised in terms of how his value and contract impacts BCFC - sure - but in terms of his own situation I don't really see it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

This is where I've been wondering why people think he's been "badly advised". I don't really see that he has been from his perspective. 

Badly advised in terms of how his value and contract impacts BCFC - sure - but in terms of his own situation I don't really see it.

I'm on the fence about that as what would if it came to it, a Year in the U21s not playing do to his value and career prospects.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm on the fence about that as what would if it came to it, a Year in the U21s not playing do to his value and career prospects.

I mean it's possible he spends it in the U21s. Maybe that loses him a few £thousand in appearance and goal bonuses, but it really won't be much in the long term.

Ultimately he will get a contract somewhere, that almost certainly will be at a higher wage, and will include a signing bonus of £100k or so. That's true whether he signs for us or someone else. At most he's lost the difference between his current wage and the next wage he's on for the period between now and when he signs that contract. 

What's that going to be? 6-12 months worth of the difference? Negligible in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I mean it's possible he spends it in the U21s. Maybe that loses him a few £thousand in appearance and goal bonuses, but it really won't be much in the long term.

Ultimately he will get a contract somewhere, that almost certainly will be at a higher wage, and will include a signing bonus of £100k or so. That's true whether he signs for us or someone else. At most he's lost the difference between his current wage and the next wage he's on for the period between now and when he signs that contract. 

What's that going to be? 6-12 months worth of the difference? Negligible in the grand scheme of things.

It is more slipping off the radar a bit, losing sharpness if he is not picked for the U21 for a year say.

Training only, no Selection Opportunities considered etc.

That is in a football context de-development arguably to an extent, especially with a player in his early 20s?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not really a money issue from TC's perspective. These lads aren't machines that can just be switched on and off when they feel like it. He could be the type that spends a year doing next to nothing and manages to hit the ground running but there is that possibility that he loses some or most of his sharpness by not playing and it might take a long while to get back. No different than lads coming back from long term injuries......goes both ways, some you would never know they were injured and others look shot.

If I was TC I would be keen to get out one way or another asap.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

It's not really a money issue from TC's perspective. These lads aren't machines that can just be switched on and off when they feel like it. He could be the type that spends a year doing next to nothing and manages to hit the ground running but there is that possibility that he loses some or most of his sharpness by not playing and it might take a long while to get back. No different than lads coming back from long term injuries......goes both ways, some you would never know they were injured and others look shot.

The market moves quickly too, you subtract from a player a years gametime at a decent standard- I'd say that would have an impact if it came to it.

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

TC is a young guy and like many of his age are easily swayed. I’m guessing here but it’s very likely that his agent/parents have convinced him that now’s he’s a Scottish International that his he’s worth more than he’ll be getting at City.

Rumour suggests that possibly either of the Glasgow clubs might be interested but those two apart it seems no other club are taking any interest.

These days earning a Scottish cap means very little outside of Scotland.

I genuinely think that this Conway saga will backfire on him and his advisers and he could find himself without a club especially as he’s now no longer part of Mannings future plans. He’ll be off the radar.

• Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Yeh agreed. And I agree he probably wants out, and wants to get a higher wage and game time now. I question though why this means he's being "badly advised" to stick to his guns and get either a) the contract he wants here, or b) a move away - which seems to be his actual objective.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He’ll be off the radar.

Mate. Players get contracts after doing prison time. A few sessions in the U21s isn't going to cause amnesia regarding a cheap and available 21/22 year old striker with Conway's record.

• Like 6

Conway should be an easy player to sell; young, striker, scored goals in the Champ, good work rate.

Players with this profile don't come up very often. There should be plenty of interest, which helps push the price up. 

It's a weird market if you can't sell a young prospect striker.

And Tommy's agent will be working overtime to find the right suitor.

Edited by mozo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

Conway should be an easy player to sell; young, striker, scored goals in the Champ, good work rate.

Players with this profile don't come up very often. There should be plenty of interest, which helps push the price up. 

It's a weird market if you can't sell a young prospect striker.

And Tommy's agent will be working overtime to find the right suitor.

I agree but it is a weird market this summer.

Very strange really. Are we pricing him out, is there something that experts at other clubs perceive that he lacks that is denying him a Transfer? I don't think he is PL ready just yet but he absolutely feels a saleable asset.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh agreed. And I agree he probably wants out, and wants to get a higher wage and game time now. I question though why this means he's being "badly advised" to stick to his guns and get either a) the contract he wants here, or b) a move away - which seems to be his actual objective.

Mate. Players get contracts after doing prison time. A few sessions in the U21s isn't going to cause amnesia regarding a cheap and available 21/22 year old striker with Conway's record.

That’s true but these former cons often have decent CV’s and TC has had only one club with one half decent season. He’s nowhere near good enough to play for a PL club but would possibly do okay in the SPL.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s true but these former cons often have decent CV’s and TC has had only one club with one half decent season. He’s nowhere near good enough to play for a PL club but would possibly do okay in the SPL.

He's about to turn 22 with two seasons as a Championship striker under his belt. Nearly 80 matches, over 4,000 minutes, nearly 20 goals, at roughly one goal every 200 minutes (yes yes, penalties penalties etc etc). He's already got a better CV than 95% of players his age. He's done his apprenticeship, and he's done it well.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

He's about to turn 22 with two seasons as a Championship striker under his belt. Nearly 80 matches, over 4,000 minutes, nearly 20 goals, at roughly one goal every 200 minutes (yes yes, penalties penalties etc etc). He's already got  a better CV than 95% of players his age. He's done his apprenticeship, and he's done it well.

A year of u21s football would reduce the interest around him, it's a year of development not being spent playing championship football.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

The term nest egg has different connotations on here and imo is used to portray SL as someone who might be feathering his own nest. You know it, I know it and all the likes know it too.

As for why would Conway be in the U21's because he refuses to sign, the answer is because he refuses to sign, perhaps by not putting him in the shop window he might at least see some sense ...and sign.

It's football , it's what happens.

Nest egg only has one connotation on here. As I pointed out to you earlier those were Lansdowns exact words ("building a nest egg") when talking about the Scott money and future sales.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KegCity said:

A year of u21s football would reduce the interest around him, it's a year of development not being spent playing championship football.

I really can't see that happening. It might go late in the window, but either loan or permanent will get sorted.

Edited by mozo
  • Like 3

Just now, KegCity said:

I really don't see him spending the whole season in the U21s. Do you? At some point someone will get injured, or ill, or lose form, or Armstrong and Mayulu will both turn out to be crocks, or Manning will lose his job and we'll bring someone else in. Whatever it is, someone will say "oh shit lads, Tommy's still here...shall we see if he can get us out of 18th position?" And bang he'll be back in the fold, Bristol Live will run a lovely little story about how hard he's been working, how he's been in the gym every day, and how he's got new energy and is "like a new signing".

Or he'll leave before August 31st, which is probably more likely tbh.

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I really can't see that happening. It might go late in the window, but either loan or permanent will get sorted.

Agreed, it would be a failure by everyone if it doesn't get sensibly sorted out.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I really don't see him spending the whole season in the U21s. Do you? At some point someone will get injured, or ill, or lose form, or Armstrong and Mayulu will both turn out to be crocks, or Manning will lose his job and we'll bring someone else in. Whatever it is, someone will say "oh shit lads, Tommy's still here...shall we see if he can get us out of 18th position?" And bang he'll be back in the fold, Bristol Live will run a lovely little story about how hard he's been working, how he's been in the gym every day, and how he's got new energy and is "like a new signing".

Depends how determined and stubborn Tinnion is but what you say could still play out.

31st August departure could be best for all, provided we obtain some semblance of okay price.

Screenshot_20240707_200733_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d8f858ee285cc8b825badb40efe93ce0.jpg

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Let's be fair, and given some of the dialogue from posters today who think the hierarchy are unfairly targeted, it really SHOULDN'T be beyond the wit of the highly qualified individuals we apparently have to organise an "out" for Tommy that doesn't look disastrous for the club either. Here's a chance to show us that we have underestimated them and that they are, in fact, effective operators on behalf of the club. A gift wrapped opportunity to do something positive. Say what you like about Swiss - he would have Tommy out of the door by the end of the window, 100%, and he would also have us all believing it was a great outcome for BCFC!!

Yep @Numero Uno spot on there.

I can see the Chairman getting involved and making calls to all of his contacts in the game that he's amassed from his kit designs and doing photoshoots with dogs in City shirts.

Or maybe not... 

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I can see the Chairman getting involved and making calls to all of his contacts in the game that he's amassed from his kit designs and doing photoshoots with dogs in City shirts.

Or maybe not... 

Or perhaps Steve could step in. He sorted the Scott sale for Phil Alexander, so this should be an easy one to sort out 😂.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Or perhaps Steve could step in. He sorted the Scott sale for Phil Alexander, so this should be an easy one to sort out 😂.

The mind boggles doesn't it.

I actually think we have so little experience of how to do business football wise at the club at the present.

There is no way we would have done, what we have done in our dealings with Auxerre and Burnley , if we had an experience Chief Executive or Football director in place. Multiple bids, all valuing the player dramatically lower than their estimations.

Likewise the concept of "Verbal understandings", what a load of nonsense that is, in the modern world. Sylla being a good case in point here.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I actually think we have so little experience of how to do business football wise at the club at the present.

There is no way we would have done, what we have done in our dealings with Auxerre and Burnley , if we had an experience Chief Executive or Football director in place. Multiple bids, all valuing the player dramatically lower than their estimations.

Likewise the concept of "Verbal understandings", what a load of nonsense that is, in the modern world. Sylla being a good case in point here.

FWIW I don't for a minute believe that it was Steve Lansdown who did the legwork on the Scott transfer. But yes, I've long said that the loss of the CEO position has been a real detriment to the Club. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Screenshot_20240707_200733_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d8f858ee285cc8b825badb40efe93ce0.jpg

Or maybe not... 

As an aside @NcnsBcfc Is that picture and accompanying guff real or is it a piss take?  

15 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I’m led to believe the deals for McCrorie, Knight & Dickie were also ‘extremely smartly put together’ by Alexander too. Basically all of them, from a fan perspective, seem to be wrapped up pretty quickly too. 

Chalk & cheese to how we’ve tried to get Twine in, the multiple rejections for Sylla you mention, and it sounds like the Bird dealings in January was an absolutely bloody mess as well. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Exactly no1, my view too.  Instead someone watched Supernanny on E4 and thought naughty step was a good idea.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yep, exactly.  People looking at this from a very myopic view.

46 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yep.  

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

I’m led to believe the deals for McCrorie, Knight & Dickie were also ‘extremely smartly put together’ by Alexander too. Basically all of them, from a fan perspective, seem to be wrapped up pretty quickly too. 

Chalk & cheese to how we’ve tried to get Twine in, the multiple rejections for Sylla you mention, and it sounds like the Bird dealings in January was an absolutely bloody mess as well. 

“Clout”

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

100% @petehinton (sorry run out of likes)

Its the 4 bids for Sinayoko. The "Verbal understanding" for Sylla, all nonsense.

I'm sure if PA for RG were still here, then things would have progressed a lot better, But then of course, he would have to have been allowed "his own voice" and certain people would have had to have listened.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

100% @petehinton (sorry run out of likes)

Its the 4 bids for Sinayoko. The "Verbal understanding" for Sylla, all nonsense.

I'm sure if PA for RG were still here, then things would have progressed a lot better, But then of course, he would have to have been allowed "his own voice" and certain people would have had to have listened.

Pay your £5 & like away, you little tinker!!!!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Henry said:

Leave em alone. They are doing amazingly well.

I dunno how they manage to land this contract but it’s impressive.

https://www.reachfeverpitch.com/projects/yu-hirakawa

"Jon, would you like to pitch for the Yu Hairakawa campaign?"

"Yes Jon, I think I would. Send me a brief, and I'll get back to you."

It must be head spinning for Jon.

Edited by Sleepy1968

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

TC is a young guy and like many of his age are easily swayed. I’m guessing here but it’s very likely that his agent/parents have convinced him that now’s he’s a Scottish International that his he’s worth more than he’ll be getting at City.

Rumour suggests that possibly either of the Glasgow clubs might be interested but those two apart it seems no other club are taking any interest.

These days earning a Scottish cap means very little outside of Scotland.

I genuinely think that this Conway saga will backfire on him and his advisers and he could find himself without a club especially as he’s now no longer part of Mannings future plans. He’ll be off the radar.

There are plenty of very switched on young people, how do you know that TC isn’t a shrewd guy and and as you say you’re just guessing saying you think he’s been swayed.

Also I’d suggest it’s got nothing to do with being a Scottish international as he had already turned down the new contact offer long before he ever got his cap and I’m sure winning a Scottish cap means a fair deal to the individual even if you don’t think it’s anything special outside of Scotland.

I think it’s already been said that there are other clubs with Conway in mind but the club seem to have an unrealistic valuation at the moment.

And until his contract runs out he’ll have a club and even if that happened I’d guarantee that it wouldn’t be long until he was signed.

Lots of assumptions and guesses in your post.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

He's about to turn 22 with two seasons as a Championship striker under his belt. Nearly 80 matches, over 4,000 minutes, nearly 20 goals, at roughly one goal every 200 minutes (yes yes, penalties penalties etc etc). He's already got a better CV than 95% of players his age. He's done his apprenticeship, and he's done it well.

Indeed.

Which, of course, begs the question as to why City have not done more, much more, to retain such a promising player.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Are you his dad?………..:dunno:

I said many times that in my opinion TC is seriously overrated by some on here. He’s nowhere as clinical of some of the strikers that we’ve had in the 20+years.

He misses too many one/one situations. A proper striker would score 80% of the time with TC I reckon it’s below 50% 

He’s nowhere near as good as he’s been told.

• Facepalm 1

Or, and I am probably visualising pigs flying here, our Technical Director might lose his job; wise, experienced heads (Do we still have any?) might realise they have made a (several) huge mistake(s) and try to reset things. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I said many times that in my opinion TC is seriously overrated by some on here. He’s nowhere as clinical of some of the strikers that we’ve had in the 20+years.

He misses too many one/one situations. A proper striker would score 80% of the time with TC I reckon it’s below 50% 

Penalty Goals adjusted out.

15.52% Conversion Rate League Only, maybe a shade more.

What would you deem an average conversion rate, his Shot Numbers are not brilliant but then neither are our creativity numbers.

Are you adjusting for all strikers, are you factoring in e.g. age, experience, division?

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

From memory, did you list those strikers of the last 20+ years that you deemed more clinical than TC.

I thought you had and the list was strikers who were all older, more experienced and further in to their careers when they were at City.

I also highlighted the point that if TC was converting chances at the rate you expected then we wouldn’t be having a conversation about his future because he’d of already been snapped up by a bigger and better team 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The idea he’ll find himself without a club is for the birds. It’s simply not going to happen, even if he doesn’t kick a ball this season, I don’t doubt he’ll end up at one of the Glasgow clubs, or certainly another championship club would snap him up on a free. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 38MC said:

The idea he’ll find himself without a club is for the birds. It’s simply not going to happen, even if he doesn’t kick a ball this season, I don’t doubt he’ll end up at one of the Glasgow clubs, or certainly another championship club would snap him up on a free. 

It is difficult to say..there are a number of good Championship players still not been picked up yet and the game does move quite quickly.

A year out can impact perceptions etc, could go either way really.

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Whatever your opinion, for you to suggest that Conway might end up 'without a club', that's a new level of madness even for you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It is difficult to say..there are a number of good Championship players still not been picked up yet and the game does move quite quickly.

A year out can impact perceptions etc, could go either way really.

My point exactly about TC being off the radar for an entire season.

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Nest egg only has one connotation on here. As I pointed out to you earlier those were Lansdowns exact words ("building a nest egg") when talking about the Scott money and future sales.

So nothing to do with Steve's nest egg then?

Not much.

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

My point exactly about TC being off the radar for an entire season.

Yeah it is a risk for all.

These matters usually end with a move or a stand-down..I'm trying to think of examples where a player has indeed spent an entire season exiled in the U21s. Possibly even only training.

I can't think of any offhand- @Davefevs or anyone else, any ideas?

46 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed.

Which, of course, begs the question as to why City have not done more, much more, to retain such a promising player.

I'm not sure what more we can do than offer him contracts for months and months on end. We can't force him to put pen to paper. Should we have tried for an extra year when we last contracted him, knowing that he'd possibly come off Euro 24 with a full call up (albeit no minutes). Maybe, maybe, but hindsight is 20/20. I don't really blame the club tbh. He's good, but he's not "tear up the wage structure you've spent 4 years trying to get back under control" good.

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I swear you're a parody account. Penalties aside he's got a 41% shot on target rate last season, not spectacular, but the best of our strikers and it puts him level with Szmodics in that stat alone. His xG/shot is 0.11 which is bang on the average of all shots in the whole division, and he's outperformed his non-penalty xG in 2022/23 and matched it in 2023/24 . He's struggled for goals because he's gone through positional changes and he's been serviced by the likes of Mehmeti.

I'd love to see your stats for one-on-ones btw as I struggle to find themselves. If you can help me out there that would be awesome.

No I am not his dad. Honestly I am not really bothered if we have Conway starting for us in 24/25 or not. He's good, he's done well, but he's not irreplaceable and life will go on without him. But I also think that this (quite entertaining and enjoyably speculative conversation) conversation should be framed correctly and set within it's proper context.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm not sure what more we can do than offer him contracts for months and months on end. We can't force him to put pen to paper. Should we have tried for an extra year when we last contracted him, knowing that he'd possibly come off Euro 24 with a full call up (albeit no minutes). Maybe, maybe, but hindsight is 20/20. I don't really blame the club tbh. He's good, but he's not "tear up the wage structure you've spent 4 years trying to get back under control" good.

Of course, but I understood that we had reneged on a previous offer.

It takes a brave man, but sometimes a simple apology, an admission that we had made a huge mistake might lead back to the negotiating table. 

• Like 3

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

It takes a brave man, but sometimes a simple apology, an admission that we had made a huge mistake might lead back to the negotiating table. 

Ah ok well if we did that then there's a bit of complexity isn't there. That's going to affect relationships, and not positively.

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

The article about reneging on a previous offer was from one source I believe , not proven , so not understood 

Rights and wrongs on both sides here and nothing clear about what is happening , but no apology needed 

4 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

The article about reneging on a previous offer was from one source I believe , not proven , so not understood 

Rights and wrongs on both sides here and nothing clear about what is happening , but no apology needed 

But when one is negotiating, and keen (desperate?) to clinch a deal, an apology, even if it is not needed or even justified, can sometimes clinch that deal. 

As I said, a brave and strong man....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'd love to see your stats for one-on-ones btw as I struggle to find themselves. If you can help me out there that would be awesome.

No I am not his dad. Honestly I am not really bothered if we have Conway starting for us in 24/25 or not. He's good, he's done well, but he's not irreplaceable and life will go on without him. But I also think that this (quite entertaining and enjoyably speculative conversation) conversation should be framed correctly and set within its proper context.

I don’t do stay Exiled, that’s DaveFevs department.

One phrase always springs to mind when I see stats used to support a point of view - ‘lies, dammed lines and statics’ made popular by Mark Twain who attributed it to Benjamin Disraeli 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

A proper striker would score 80% of the time with TC I reckon it’s below 50%

Yeh you don't do stats do you.

Honestly.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

One phrase always springs to mind when I see stats used to support a point of view - ‘lies, dammed lines and statics’ made popular by Mark Twain who attributed it to Benjamin Disraeli 

Was it a quote about caravans then?

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

36 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Tommy has been offered an amazing deal to stay

It would put him with the highest paid players at the club

His agent Danny Coles ( yes ex City and Rovers player) made him refuse it. 

Danny thinks he could get TC a Premiership club or one of the big two in Scotland 

He ain’t no Premiership striker and quite frankly DC is being a cock. 

I wish TC well but he’s trying to bat well beyond his ability 

That's why I said in another post that I could see Pring going the same way. Same Agent. 

Agree re DC. 

37 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Tommy has been offered an amazing deal to stay

It would put him with the highest paid players at the club

His agent can only recommend; he can't force him to sign (or not sign) anything.

As others have pointed out ad nauseum, not surprisingly, having seen his flat mate get a life changing pay rise, Tommy hasn't been settled since.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

39 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Is Coles definitely still his agent? Transfermarkt reckon he's with Unique Sports Group (an actual proper agency) and I don't think that Coles is with them.

I know no more than what transfermarkt says though.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is Coles definitely still his agent? Transfermarkt reckon he's with Unique Sports Group (an actual proper agency) and I don't think that Coles is with them.

Coles works for them. 

Lee Matthews has Sam Bell.

Brian Howard has Scott Twine.

Edited by spudski
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, spudski said:

That's why I said in another post that I could see Pring going the same way. Same Agent. 

Agree re DC. 

Yep 

40 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

100% yes 

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

His agent can only recommend; he can't force him to sign (or not sign) anything.

As others have pointed out ad nauseum, not surprisingly, having seen his flat mate get a life changing pay rise, Tommy hasn't been settled since.

As I heard TC has been at City all his life

At a guess on £8k week

Hes been offered a contract to match City’s highest paid players which would be around 20k a week

For a lad of his age he should and  and his agent agree it

In 2  years perhaps the big guns will chase him but for a young man he is mental to turn down such a deal 

To add:

Tinman and Coles don’t see eye to eye 

That’s where the real problem lies 

Edited by Dolman Block B
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Dolman Block B said:

At a guess on £8k week

Hes been offered a contract to match City’s highest paid players which would be around 20k a week

For a lad of his age he should and so should and his agent agree it

In 2  years perhaps the big guns will chase him but for a young man he is mental to turn down such a deal 

To add:

Shame that as supposed professionals in their respective fields that they can’t put their issues aside and do what might be best for Conway 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

At a guess on £8k week

To add:

Do you think, obviously not betraying confidences but to you think it a plausible scenario that Tommy sits in the U21/just training for them for the while season?

I still maintain that is pretty rare but not unprecedented.

6 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

At a guess on £8k week

To add:

Not many who were around during the time he was manager do! 

• Like 1