IGNORED

Tommy Conway - Signs for 'Boro- Official

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Do you think, obviously not betraying confidences but to you think it a plausible scenario that Tommy sits in the U21/just training for them for the while season?

I still maintain that is pretty rare but not unprecedented.

Personally think TC had been brain washed by seeing his best two room mate AS and AS get fantastic deals at Bournemouth

Only last week AS had a new 5 year contract on around £45k a week 

Same will happen with AS

Sadly TC is no where near their ability 

To be offered 20k a week he should have taken it up 

The problem TC has now is what club will offer him the same sort deal

Glasgow Rangers would never offer that based on injuries 

I’m sad for the lad because he has loads of ability

Just think he being brain washed by his agent and he could end up with no club in this window, continue to train with the under 21,s and left in

the doldrums until Jan 2025

That would be a shame 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Personally think TC had been brain washed by seeing his best two room mate AS and AS get fantastic deals at Bournemouth

Same will happen with AS

Just think he being brain washed by his agent and he could end up with no club in this window, continue to train with the under 21,s and left in

That would be a shame 

I do agree and thanks.

Don't see TC as PL ready. Higher end Championship yeah, PL if he keeps progressing absolutely.

If offered £20k a week that seems quite fair, at the top end of our pay structure presumably.

Great shame for all really significant ability, room for growth- doesn't strike me as a notably badly behaved player...his agent however.

Injuries yes good shout- he has had two medium term injuries already.

Conway sitting out the entire season training with the U21, surely not?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is Coles definitely still his agent? Transfermarkt reckon he's with Unique Sports Group (an actual proper agency) and I don't think that Coles is with them.

I know no more than what transfermarkt says though.

Yep 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Tommy has been offered an amazing deal to stay

It would put him with the highest paid players at the club

His agent Danny Coles ( yes ex City and Rovers player) made him refuse it. 

Danny thinks he could get TC a Premiership club or one of the big two in Scotland 

He ain’t no Premiership striker and quite frankly DC is being a cock. 

I wish TC well but he’s trying to bat well beyond his ability 

DC works for an agency. He is not acting alone. It is a very experienced agency too. 

Though many have said DC is a cock. Personally, I have no idea. 

It is not just about money. 

If "TC is not that good,"  why are people bothered if he leaves?

20 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Same will happen with AS

That would be a shame 

It won't be because of the money for Tommy, he's extremely professional and ambitious. More than likely what drives him is a desire to play at the highest level possible & with a world cup 2 years out trying to stay in the Scotland senior team and get minutes for them. He, and yes I mean he not Coles, probably feels leaving City now is his best chance of achieving this rather than tying himself to City for a further 2 seasons after the next one, in a team where Manning's style of play doesn't help him show his best attributes nor create the volume of chances that would help put him near the top scorers in the league and therefore be unlikely to help him get a good move further down the line. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

DC works for an agency. He is not acting alone. It is a very experienced agency too. 

Though many have said DC is a cock. Personally, I have no idea. 

It is not just about money. 

If "TC is not that good,"  why are people bothered if he leaves?

He's  gash, so QED he's a cock !

Just now, Lrrr said:

It won't be because of the money for Tommy, he's extremely professional and ambitious. More than likely what drives him is a desire to play at the highest level possible & with a world cup 2 years out trying to stay in the Scotland senior team and get minutes for them. He, and yes I mean he not Coles, probably feels leaving City now is his best chance of achieving this rather than tying himself to City for a further 2 seasons after the next one, in a team where Manning's style of play doesn't help him show his best attributes nor create the volume of chances that would help put him near the top scorers in the league and therefore be unlikely to help him get a good move further down the line. 

He probably isn't PL ready yet though is he? Much as he is justifiably rated.

Then again, Delap £15m➡️£20m, who the hell know.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

He probably isn't PL ready yet though is he? Much as he is justifiably rated.

Then again, Delap £15m➡️£20m, who the hell know.

I don't think anyone has said he's good enough to be first choice in the PL but whether its a top 6 club in the Championship or a squad role in the PL thats up for him to make his own career decisions and he'll be doing what he thinks is best for his career. The very fact that he's turned down increasing his salary by a huge amount should make it clear and obvious to everyone that he's not about the money or he'd have signed the contract as soon as offered it then got Coles to angle for a move a year down the line anyway. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I really don't see him spending the whole season in the U21s. Do you? At some point someone will get injured, or ill, or lose form, or Armstrong and Mayulu will both turn out to be crocks, or Manning will lose his job and we'll bring someone else in. Whatever it is, someone will say "oh shit lads, Tommy's still here...shall we see if he can get us out of 18th position?" And bang he'll be back in the fold, Bristol Live will run a lovely little story about how hard he's been working, how he's been in the gym every day, and how he's got new energy and is "like a new signing".

Or he'll leave before August 31st, which is probably more likely tbh.

I didn’t say it would happen, just the argument that him spending a season playing u21 football not having an impact on the interest around him makes no sense.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

The very fact that he's turned down increasing his salary by a huge amount should make it clear and obvious to everyone that he's not about the money or he'd have signed the contract as soon as offered it

I have been thinking along these lines as well, I really think the NP sacking was a turning point as he was supposedly very close to Nige & he could then see what the knobs in charge at BCFC are capable/incapable of.

That is of course is only my opinion :thumbsup:

Edited by bpexile
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I really don't get it. Our top scorer & improving. Has a full season left on his contract & we want to give ourselves the best chance of promotion. Why not accept that he is entitled to keep his options open, keep things civil on the basis that if we don't get an acceptable bid then he will continue to be one of the main striking options. If he stays past the window & wants a move at the end of next season he should be busting his balls to put himself in the shop window to attract the best club possible. His success would then be our success. We need to swallow our pride & not cut our nose off.  

Instead we've put ourselves in a weak bargaining position by banishing him to the U21's as it gives potential bidders the impression that we're desperate to get rid. As well as creating an uncomfortable atmosphere as he's bound to still be mixing with the other players.

Think it's narrow minded and counter productive 

• Like 10
  • Flames 3

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

TC is a young guy and like many of his age are easily swayed. I’m guessing here but it’s very likely that his agent/parents have convinced him that now’s he’s a Scottish International that his he’s worth more than he’ll be getting at City.

Just going to interrupt my holiday one last time, while the Mrs is having a Johnny Cash. 

Tommy isn’t an idiot, he’s the club PFA rep. The other players wouldn’t trust him to do that if he was a wet behind the ears, know nothing shit for brains. 

Guessing you were never a union rep Robbo?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

And Rob A and Jason Knight, which could prove useful.

Tbh...none of the City related agents have any allegiance to the Club. In some cases the opposite as they fell out, left on bad terms or don't get on with people at our club. 

They do what's best for them. 

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Tbh...none of the City related agents have any allegiance to the Club. In some cases the opposite as they fell out, left on bad terms or don't get on with people at our club. 

They do what's best for them. 

Brian Howard and Tinns get on very well though apparently.

8 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I don't think anyone has said he's good enough to be first choice in the PL but whether its a top 6 club in the Championship or a squad role in the PL thats up for him to make his own career decisions and he'll be doing what he thinks is best for his career. The very fact that he's turned down increasing his salary by a huge amount should make it clear and obvious to everyone that he's not about the money or he'd have signed the contract as soon as offered it then got Coles to angle for a move a year down the line anyway. 

This.

The point that’s missed, if the figures of £8k now vs £20k offer are correct, is that Tommy has left £12k a week on the table, and that contract has been there for over a year. That means he’s turned down half a million quid minimum.

And as noted above, that doesn’t stop him seeking a move at a later stage.

It remains that by ostracising TC we’ve both reduced his market value and also reduced our options. I’m with the posters who say there is no way he sits in the U21s all season because if the clubs value is accurate then we’re not a big enough club or good enough team to leave a player that good on the sidelines all season. And, again, no objections over the decision to sell. But it shouldn’t have got to this.

And as for the Tinnion/Coles thing I think I brought that up a few days ago so can back that up. However, I work for a large company. In a shocking turn of events, I don’t like everyone I work with either internal or external. But I suck it up and get on with the job because I’m paid to do so, and egos get left at the door. I’d expect any competent senior manager in a multimillion organisation do the same.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This.

The point that’s missed, if the figures of £8k now vs £20k offer are correct, is that Tommy has left £12k a week on the table, and that contract has been there for over a year. That means he’s turned down half a million quid minimum.

It remains that by ostracising TC we’ve both reduced his market value and also reduced our options. I’m with the posters who say there is no way he sits in the U21s all season because if the clubs value is accurate then we’re not a big enough club or good enough team to leave a player that good on the sidelines all season. And, again, no objections over the decision to sell. But it shouldn’t have got to this.

And as for the Tinnion/Coles thing I think I brought that up a few days ago so can back that up. However, I work for a large company. In a shocking turn of events, I don’t like everyone I work with either internal or external. But I suck it up and get on with the job because I’m paid to do so, and egos get left at the door. I’d expect any competent senior manager in a multimillion organisation do the same.

Agreed, and on top of the pettiness and incompetence, just imagine the uproar if we fire a few blanks up front in the first few games and at the same time Tommy’s scoring for fun against the kids in the U21’s…why do these idiots keep on doing it to themselves (and ultimately us)?

• Like 8

8 hours ago, glynriley said:

Just going to interrupt my holiday one last time, while the Mrs is having a Johnny Cash. 

Tommy isn’t an idiot, he’s the club PFA rep. The other players wouldn’t trust him to do that if he was a wet behind the ears, know nothing shit for brains. 

Guessing you were never a union rep Robbo?

No never a union rep, it never appealed to me but was a member of one. My various union reps all had snit for brains tho. Fortunately I had very little to do with any of them.

49 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Agreed, and on top of the pettiness and incompetence, just imagine the uproar if we fire a few blanks up front in the first few games and at the same time Tommy’s scoring for fun against the kids in the U21’s…why do these idiots keep on doing it to themselves (and ultimately us)?

It won't even take a few games. If we don't score on the opening day then the knives will be out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It won't even take a few games. If we don't score on the opening day then the knives will be out.

Will they? I've only seen people questioning this decision on OTIB, consensus on social media seems to be that people agree with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

And Rob A and Jason Knight, which could prove useful.

Interesting that Knight has signed on. He wasn't represented when he joined us.

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

As soon as Mayulu puts one that "he should have scored" wide.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.png.d87bdfa1bb4c60ba88df96e90682f40e.png

Coles is listed as the Agent in Tommy’s contract extension in the FA’s 21/22 intermediary txns.

They are a serious operator, no way is Coles acting alone. They will know through their network what can and cannot be done. 

The issue for us, City, is that we have now cut TC out of the loop and look desperate to sell. If anyone is going to bid, they are likely to leave it late in the window. We have reduced further any transfer value. Unique will be talking to people, and will have a destination in mind. I cannot see him being with us after August, but I also cannot see how a new "nest egg" is being created with this approach. When it look like he can be signed for a low fee, there will be plenty of interest, from some surprising clubs too methinks. 

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Speak for yourself. Mine will be out if we don’t score in the first half against Newport today :whistle:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Conway?

Under these circumstances?

Now (22nd July)?

I’d hope we’d get £3m for him.

The longer it goes on?

the nearer to £2m it’ll get.

+++++

Back in May?

With Scotland call-up?

Thought of contract reconciliation?

I’d have put him at £6m(ish)

Wow, I think we must be talking about a different player, but differences of opinion make this site worth visiting

12 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

They are a serious operator, no way is Coles acting alone. They will know through their network what can and cannot be done. 

The issue for us, City, is that we have now cut TC out of the loop and look desperate to sell. If anyone is going to bid, they are likely to leave it late in the window. We have reduced further any transfer value. Unique will be talking to people, and will have a destination in mind. I cannot see him being with us after August, but I also cannot see how a new "nest egg" is being created with this approach. When it look like he can be signed for a low fee, there will be plenty of interest, from some surprising clubs too methinks. 

You beat me to it.

Said the same to someone else last night.  Only City have showed their hand, other clubs will happily shows theirs.  We’ve not got to the flop, yet, let alone the turn and the river.

1 minute ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Wow, I think we must be talking about a different player, but differences of opinion make this site worth visiting

Are you on the lower side, then?

(you are always a good thought provoking poster)

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

This.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You beat me to it.

Said the same to someone else last night.  Only City have showed their hand, other clubs will happily shows theirs.  We’ve not got to the flop, yet, let alone the turn and the river.

Surely the idea that we've shown our hand and lowered the value is predicated on there only being one club willing to offer on Tommy? If there were multiple clubs trying to outbid each other, the value could still end up meeting earlier expectations? Saying that we want to sell him wouldn't necessarily make a difference in that scenario.

If there aren't multiple clubs trying to outbid each other, then we were in a weak position anyway, so is it any weaker?

Also, do we know for sure that Coles hasn't already spread the word that Conway won't sign a new contract in a bid to drive up interest (ie theres a bargain to be had)? 

I can't really assume that City have wilfully put Conway in the discount aisle unless I know that we could have had £x for him, but now we'll get £x.

I appreciate that you guys will hear more snippets about things behind the scenes than I am, but from my objective perspective, I can't safely make these assumptions. 

Edited by mozo

• Admin
7 minutes ago, mozo said:

Surely the idea that we've shown our hand and lowered the value is predicated on there only being one club willing to offer on Tommy

When did this change?

image.png

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Surely the idea that we've shown our hand and lowered the value is predicated on there only being one club willing to offer on Tommy? If there were multiple clubs trying to outbid each other, the value could still end up meeting earlier expectations? Saying that we want to sell him wouldn't necessarily make a difference in that scenario.

If there aren't multiple clubs trying to outbid each other, then we were in a weak position anyway, so is it any weaker?

Also, do we know for sure that Coles hasn't already spread the word that Conway won't sign a new contract in a bid to drive up interest (ie theres a bargain to be had)? 

I can't really assume that City have wilfully put Conway in the discount aisle unless I know that we could have had £x for him, but now we'll get £x.

I appreciate that you guys will hear more snippets about things behind the scenes than I am, but from my objective perspective, I can't safely make these assumptions. 

If there are a number of clubs interested, it’s very possible Tommy chooses the one he wants and tells City that it doesn’t matter what the others bid, he only wants to go to club x.  Then we are into “take it or leave it” territory.

Of course there could be a bidding war too.  But I don’t think it gets to Delboy’s auction amounts!

From some info I was given, Birmingham bid more than us for Sinclair Armstrong, but he didn’t want to drop to Lg1.

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

17 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

no offers. Then  conway you must be mad not signing a new deal. surely that must tell you something. you are not as good as you think you are. get out of the clouds and get on with your football. o and get a new agent

But the club has pissed him off by sending him to train with the U21’s. 

28 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

no offers. Then  conway you must be mad not signing a new deal. surely that must tell you something. you are not as good as you think you are. get out of the clouds and get on with your football. o and get a new agent

No offers because City have put a stupid price tag on his head.  Let’s see where that lands City over next 5 and bit weeks.

Edited by Davefevs

13 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Same will happen with AS

Don't say that, they'll be all out to get you, attack you and blame Manning for this.

Just now, supercidered said:

Are you not at liberty to divulge?

Someone quoted they would take £3  million ,earlier in the thread. Davefevs stated that's not even in the ballpark of what the club want, not even the same stratosphere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FNQ said:

This is my precise critique which could be ill-founded.

New strikers, albeit same age as Tommy- adjustment period new League.

Relatively raw other striker still  very much developing from QPR.

Wells age 34.

There is a risk is there not that goals are hard to come by..will take a strong hierarchy to stay the course if we are high energy, but low scoring and not many points on the board come early September, early October.

3 hours ago, KegCity said:

Will they? I've only seen people questioning this decision on OTIB, consensus on social media seems to be that people agree with it.

For now...

Let's see how matters lool by the following landmarks...

*Say 2 points and 2 Goals from the first 4 Games.

*8 points and 8 Goals from the first 10 Games.

Just by way of example.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wells age 34.

There is a risk is there not that goals are hard to come by..will take a strong hierarchy to stay the course if we are high energy, but low scoring and not many points on the board come early September, early October.

I'm sure it's been circulated elsewhere on this Topic but if TC had signed a contract but with a sensible buyout fee. Even if this new contract was relatively short i.e. 1 year extension then TC would be in the First Team set up and playing for a place like everyone else.

This compromise means that all parties are winners and any potential buyer knows where they stand. As it stands right now, I don't think this benefits anyone. Even a potential buyer who may wait for the compensation route will then be in a bun fight for TC i.e. where he may prefer and or level of wages.  

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

If there are a number of clubs interested, it’s very possible Tommy chooses the one he wants and tells City that it doesn’t matter what the others bid, he only wants to go to club x.  Then we are into “take it or leave it” territory.

Of course there could be a bidding war too.  But I don’t think it gets to Delboy’s auction amounts!

From some info I was given, Birmingham bid more than us for Sinclair Armstrong, but he didn’t want to drop to Lg1.

There are lots of possible negative scenarios here for sure, I'm just not personally at a point whereby I can say we've 100% messed up. So many outcomes are still possible, and unless anyone knows a/ what the agent's moves have been, b/ what Tinnion et al's moves have been and c/ what clubs are willing to pay, it's all just an u known quantity.

Again, appreciate that you might have heard an overwhelming amount which leads to a definite conclusion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I'm sure it's been circulated elsewhere on this Topic but if TC had signed a contract but with a sensible buyout fee. Even if this new contract was relatively short i.e. 1 year extension then TC would be in the First Team set up and playing for a place like everyone else.

This compromise means that all parties are winners and any potential buyer knows where they stand. As it stands right now, I don't think this benefits anyone. Even a potential buyer who may wait for the compensation route will then be in a bun fight for TC i.e. where he may prefer and or level of wages.  

I don't especially disagree, buy out clause, incentive to impress could've worked for all parties.

Compensation and free agent is a risk sure, surely a bad scenario for all (except perhaps his Agent) is Conway literally training with the U21, not getting any gametime etc for the entire season.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

For now...

Let's see how matters lool by the following landmarks...

*Say 2 points and 2 Goals from the first 4 Games.

*8 points and 8 Goals from the first 10 Games.

Just by way of example.

Why even think like this, it’s futile.  I get it’s a forum, but there’s a point when it’s not really a discussion…imho.

4 minutes ago, supercidered said:

That’s the problem, City and Tommy aren’t gonna find a “compromise” fee.  That is evident from the fee they quoted one club….and that’s with a year left.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't especially disagree, buy out clause, incentive to impress could've worked for all parties.

Compensation and free agent is a risk sure, surely a bad scenario for all (except perhaps his Agent) is Conway literally training with the U21, not getting any gametime etc for the entire season.

I don’t think it would, City would want a high buyout clause, Tommy would want a low one.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wells age 34.

You have just imagined a worst case scenario, what if the opposite happens? But apart from that the club have a duty to put the club first and not bow down to players taking them hostage.  

The whole 'going on a a free because contracts fail, debacle needs sorting it does no one any favours except the club that picks up a diamond for nothing

Of course it's the smaller club that suffers, having investing all the time and money. 

Contracts have no merit these days.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why even think like this, it’s futile.  I get it’s a forum, but there’s a point when it’s not really a discussion…imho.

That’s the problem, City and Tommy aren’t gonna find a “compromise” fee.  That is evident from the fee they quoted one club….and that’s with a year left.

I don’t think it would, City would want a high buyout clause, Tommy would want a low one.

Oh well. I'm sure everyone at the club knows what they are doing and that it will work out well for all parties in the end.

(reading that back, sarcasm doesn't come across very well in written form). 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

You have just imagined a worst case scenario, what if the opposite happens? But apart from that the club have a duty to put the club first and not bow down to players taking them hostage.  

The whole 'going on a a free because contracts fail, debacle needs sorting it does no one any favours except the club that picks up a diamond for nothing

Of course it's the smaller club that suffers, having investing all the time and money. 

Contracts have no merit these days.

I know it can smack of catastrophising..

I  hope Fally and Armstrong do cause the opposition a lot of problems. On paper we have an okay start 

I agree on your last points, Bosman Ruling I dunno what to make.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But @Davefevs a compromise is surely possible?
Leaving aside all the bits and pieces about goodwill, reneged agreements etc, Tommy's not a mug, he's a union rep after all and naturally he's looking after his own best interests. He'll know the club are doing the same and after some hard bargaining something could've been worked out which suits all parties? To allegedly leave £500k on the table over principle is ballsy to say the least. My suspicion is that it's all been handled badly from day one (including the period when Nige was here and there was an initial offer) and the club thought they'd again get him on the cheap. Every manager describes a players contract offer as fantastic for obvious reasons, but I think Nige realised, as Manning will do in due course that the club is basically run by enthusiastic amateurs. They've probably tried it on once too often for Tommy's liking and he's drawn a line at that.
I think the fact the club has allowed this to happen is poor. SL has always stated the club would never stand in the way of a player who's got the chance to play in the PL and earn loads, so they should all have had an attack of common sense and worked out something which suited all parties IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Philly The Kid said:

But @Davefevs a compromise is surely possible?
Leaving aside all the bits and pieces about goodwill, reneged agreements etc, Tommy's not a mug, he's a union rep after all and naturally he's looking after his own best interests. He'll know the club are doing the same and after some hard bargaining something could've been worked out which suits all parties? To allegedly leave £500k on the table over principle is ballsy to say the least. My suspicion is that it's all been handled badly from day one (including the period when Nige was here and there was an initial offer) and the club thought they'd again get him on the cheap. Every manager describes a players contract offer as fantastic for obvious reasons, but I think Nige realised, as Manning will do in due course that the club is basically run by enthusiastic amateurs. They've probably tried it on once too often for Tommy's liking and he's drawn a line at that.
I think the fact the club has allowed this to happen is poor. SL has always stated the club would never stand in the way of a player who's got the chance to play in the PL and earn loads, so they should all have had an attack of common sense and worked out something which suited all parties IMHO.

When you know what the club are putting out there and you know what little £s it will cost next summer, compromise has to move a long way from both sides. IMHO it just feels like both are too far apart. But that’s just me. As this window goes on, something will budge. 

• Hmmm 1

13 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Sometimes players just need a new challenge or a change of environment. 

• Admin
37 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I know it can smack of catastrophising..

I  hope Fally and Armstrong do cause the opposition a lot of problems. On paper we have an okay start 

I agree on your last points, Bosman Ruling I dunno what to make.

And only the 2 goals from 4 games of your two scenarios occurred last season, and that just the once, fairly early on, during the worst of Manning's own injury problems.

You'd like to think with a better squad availability and Manning having a better understanding of the squad here that it's not a particularly likely outcome. Certainly not one worth worrying over. As I have said elsewhere, pre-season is the time to get excited about what we can do, there's plenty of time once the season is swinging to do the depressive things 😅

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

And only the 2 goals from 4 games of your two scenarios occurred last season, and that just the once, fairly early on, during the worst of Manning's own injury problems.

You'd like to think with a better squad availability and Manning having a better understanding of the squad here that it's not a particularly likely outcome. Certainly not one worth worrying over. As I have said elsewhere, pre-season is the time to get excited about what we can do, there's plenty of time once the season is swinging to do the depressive things 😅

Well all this is true tbh. I am I guess overlooking Wells if the new players need time to acclimatise.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

No offers because City have put a stupid price tag on his head.  Let’s see where that lands City over next 5 and bit weeks.

Surely an interested party can still make an offer?

That’s how negotiation usually begins!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Didn’t want to drop to league 1 or didn’t want to live in Brum 👀

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Surely an interested party can still make an offer?

That’s how negotiation usually begins!!

Or the difference is so big the club thinks it’s not worth the time and effort 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Got to be a better option that letting him go OOC though?

Isn't this exactly what we did with Brownhill and Flint a few years ago?

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Got to be a better option that letting him go OOC though?

From yours and my perspective, yep.

But club have landed the first kick in the bollocks by banishing him to u21s.  That makes any chance of reconciliation less likely.

• Like 3

Anyone know if Tommy's family have any affinity with Celtic or Rangers? 

Ultimately, for a professional football it probably doesn't matter a great deal (Celtic legend Kenny Dalglish grew up a massive Rangers fan) but it may sway matter if he had an option with them both. 

I know Rangers are rumoured to have made a bid, but given Celtic's desire to actually do something in Europe I'd expect them to look abroad and get a more finished article rather than take a chance on Tommy.  May be completely wrong of course. 

I wish Tommy well regardless.