IGNORED

Tommy Conway - Signs for 'Boro- Official

4 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Where have you seen that?

Strangely it popped up on my phone as an alert from the BBC Sports App.  Then when I tried to find the article I couldn't - even tried on the website but couldn't.  Odd.

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

No sour grapes on my behalf..........I always believe that if players wish to go, then let them go, if a player is not fully commited then they can leave...... IMHO?   I do think that TC has had his head turned by his best mates  AS's departure?    The grass isn't always greener?   And Middlesborough is either gonna be a stepping stone, or a mis-step  ?  But  I hope he does well, because if he succeeds we will get more add on financial bonuses?

Not saying you but a lot of fans who say he is crap, he is no good anyway.

There is an element of sour grapes among some of our fans about it IMO. I get the disappointment too but in a way it is football.

If he does well we could make some more money.

It is a challenge for him, not least 16 goal Latte Lath. Otoh the high level competition may see him go up a notch or maybe he plays behind Latte Lath or in the 3 behind.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, cheese said:

Fee agreed with Middlesborough?

Well let’s hope so because we now have reached 90 pages with nothing happening 🙄

Mainly full of pro TC saying he’s great lad and done nothing wrong to these terrible scheming sods that run the club 

OR

Anti TC saying he’s a scheming greedy sod with a git of an agent and has an Alex Scott wannabe complex 

Only on OTIB😂

13 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Well let’s hope so because we now have reached 90 pages with nothing happening 🙄

Mainly full of pro TC saying he’s great lad and done nothing wrong to these terrible scheming sods that run the club 

OR

Anti TC saying he’s a scheming greedy sod with a git of an agent and has an Alex Scott wannabe complex 

Only on OTIB😂

I know which camp I'm in !

49 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You realise he is still developing yeah?

Soon to turn 22, strikers don't tend to peak in many cases until their mid 20s onwards. 

Maynard didn't really get going with us until he turned 23 e.g. 

Semenyo showed flashes and an injury didn't help but turning 21 was a bit of a turning point for him although raw potential was always there.

Semenyo was/is an absolute beast physically mr p with rapid pace. Conway has nothing like those physical attributes. Huge difference.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Semenyo was/is an absolute beast physically mr p with rapid pace. Conway has nothing like those physical attributes. Huge difference.

He doesn’t. However Conway is twice the finisher Semenyo was. You only have to go back to the Semenyo is not a striker they score goals thread. 

They are not the same type of forward, but can be equally effective in the right set up! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

Tommy is however a bit of a volume/intensity monster, ranks fairly highly across things like high speed running and sprint distance covered in a game 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Bcfc24 said:

Seeing as it was a day ago I think someone at the BBC has seen the Bristol Live report got the wrong end of the stick and jumped the gun a bit

I tend to agree but was puzzled as it popped up on my phone this afternoon.  Anyway, could mean anything and nothing.

3 minutes ago, bristol red said:

They want £3.5M for Twine and are offering £1.5M plus add ons for Conway at the moment.

Just to be clear you are saying Burnley value Twine more than Conway, to the tune of £2m difference? 

• Hmmm 1

Before I get shot down I cannot reveal my source as that would be unfair but was told this within last hour and same as one that told me about Conway to Middlesbrough. Burnley have come back in as Twine wants the move. Is it reliable.. I have no idea but have no reason to doubt it. I guess we will find out soon.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, bristol red said:

Before I get shot down I cannot reveal my source as that would be unfair but was told this within last hour and same as one that told me about Conway to Middlesbrough. Burnley have come back in as Twine wants the move. Is it reliable.. I have no idea but have no reason to doubt it. I guess we will find out soon.

Thanks for sharing mate.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bristol red said:

They want £3.5M for Twine and are offering £1.5M plus add ons for Conway at the moment.

If true, that’s how you do a good negotiation 101. Theyve dangled a proper carrot in front of Tinns, as they know he’s spent the last 8 months pining for Twine. Fair play. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

If true, that’s how you do a good negotiation 101. Theyve dangled a proper carrot in front of Tinns, as they know he’s spent the last 8 months pining for Twine. Fair play. 

It would also mean that Ian ITK Gay is wrong and that the deals are dependent on each other.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

What do you think is par Pete? I'd say straight swap, but would you say we should get a bit more in a deal like that to factor potential?

1 minute ago, mozo said:

What do you think is par Pete? I'd say straight swap, but would you say we should get a bit more in a deal like that to factor potential?

Depends what the club see the value as. In January, not a chance in hell would anyone have even considered a straight no fee swap, but such is the situation that’s been created I wouldn’t totally bet against it if the money will be spent on twine anyway. 

I’d still not pay anything over £2.5m for twine, but the clear no plan B, desperation from manning & desperation from Tinns to want to back him my hunch is that we overpay just to get it done. 

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It would also mean that Ian ITK Gay is wrong and that the deals are dependent on each other.

I think they’re absolutely dependent on each other, in as much as Conway money means we can afford to splash on Twine.  

I don’t think there’s a chance in hell they do Twine + money for Conway, in a player exchange ‘dependent’ way. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Sorry, but where / how are we coming to the conclusion that Tins makes these decision's ? 

Edited by BigTone

22 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Sounds like we give them £3.5m and a player now.

They give us £1.5m and maybe but probably not another £2m and a player.

It's Phil Wang on Taskmaster haggling in the Souk all over again.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Sorry, but where / how are we coming to the conclusion that Tins makes these decision's ? 

He’s the Technical Director…he’ll obviously get budget support from Tom Rawcliffe, and then present to the Board - which is now 3-strong (inc Tom).

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

He heads up the entire football operation, so he’ll be leading all the decision making & largely all the transfer ins and outs 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

He heads up the entire football operation, so he’ll be leading all the decision making & largely all the transfer ins and outs 

There must be some governance in place which Davefevs alludes to. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s the Technical Director…he’ll obviously get budget support from Tom Rawcliffe, and then present to the Board - which is now 3-strong!

So not his decision entirely

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

There must be some governance in place 

So not his decision entirely

No, definitely not…he’s a propositioner really, but he decides who we go after / who we sell off the back of recruitment meetings.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

No, definitely not…he’s a propositioner really, but he decides who we go after / who we sell off the back of recruitment meetings.

Ok, so not the No 1 decision maker 

18 minutes ago, mozo said:

Surely there are more teams besides Burnley and Boro willing to take a punt on Conway?!!

Perhaps teams are starting to catch on that city have ditched their stupid value 

• Like 1

Just now, Lrrr said:

Perhaps teams are starting to catch on that city have ditched their stupid value 

He will go elsewhere I am sure. Someone is waiting in the wings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Sounds like we give them £3.5m and a player now.

They give us £1.5m and maybe but probably not another £2m and a player.

It's Phil Wang on Taskmaster haggling in the Souk all over again.

Perhaps it’s a bit of ‘you’ve made offers you know we won’t accept for 2 months (plus January) so have some of your own medicine’ 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Because he's head of football operations or whatever his Tecknikal title is theses days.

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Reality bites.  Would be interested (as per @BigTone’s post) how this will be received up the line, because I very much suspect the wonderful Lansdown Family have been given the impression that we’d sell him for a lot more (than even Boro are offering).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Because he's head of football operations or whatever his Tecknikal title is theses days.

Ok, but there is surely a governance in place 

Just now, Lrrr said:

Perhaps it’s a bit of ‘you’ve made offers you know we won’t accept for 2 months (plus January) so have some of your own medicine’ 

Hopefully this is true. Hopefully this tri-partite will-they-won't they love saga for the ages trundles on for another month.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bristol red said:

Boro have offered better offer but Conway wants to go to Burnley so… interesting times await

Burnley also have what City want in Twine, could imagine if City rebuffed Burnley here the price for Twine could become awkward again. 

Just now, RedEyez said:

Swap deal + £1m to Burnley and get it over and done with.

It’s all actually getting a bit jarring now .

Thats an awful deal. Conway has more potential than Twine. Conways proved it in the Championship for one. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

Just now, RedEyez said:

In your opinion.

Conway is wanted by City - hence new contract. And is 21/22.

Twine played 14 games in the champ for Burnley, then was loaned out. And is 25.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Thats an awful deal. Conway has more potential than Twine. Conways proved it in the Championship for one. 

One's featuring in every pre-season friendly and one has been binned to training with the 21's and kicked out the first team changing room

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

One's featuring in every pre-season friendly and one has been binned to training with the 21's and kicked out the first team changing room

And you agree that Conway is only good enough to play for u21s?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bristol red said:

Wolves and Leicester are also interested but no offers made yet…

I expect they will be looking to lowball as late as possible into the window as far as possible.

In particular Wolves given the Scott stuff last year but that is pure speculation on my part.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Selred said:

Of course not but its the reality that City's hierarchy have created for themselves 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

As I said straight swop. It was meant to be. Even the threads here have become one. Twine wants to be here and Tommy wants to go to Burnley.  Let's just get it done.

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

Effectively the decisions higher up may have helped to devalue one of our prize assets.

Separately, If we had only had the foresight to offer a 3+1 in 2022..like a lot of clubs do.

You could even say the same about Scott, 4+1.

However I also accept financial pressures were huge at that point.

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

You've got to consider the remaining contract lengths.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lrrr said:

Of course not but its the reality that City's hierarchy have created for themselves 

And we aren’t talking about City’s decisions here.
We are talking about reality, and reality is Conway + £1m is a bad deal for Twine. 

• Like 1