IGNORED

Tommy Conway - Signs for 'Boro- Official

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s true Ska - I don’t know what going on with the TC saga anymore than any other fan. There are those that claim or hint that they do know what’s happening but in reality it’s no more than conjecture.

My very simplistic take is based on what generally happens with most transfers - the money debate. Every club is looking to get the best deal for their club and that often leads to negotiations stalling or lingering on and that seems to be where the Twine situation is right now and has been for quite awhile.

As for Conway - the sooner he leaves City the better.

Too simplistic for me… At the end of the day there’s only one decision maker here. Tommy won’t give a rats arse what the best financial deal for Bristol City is, he’ll only leave for a club that he wants to join. From his perspective if he can’t go now then he can go in January… He’s ambitious as we all know and I’d be surprised if he feels that Hull City are his best route to the premier..

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just get shot now tbh Mr P. He isn't doing us any good so just get him out of the club.

That takes two of course Ska. The situation is negative for all, hope it doesn't go to the wire..remaining here post August 30th would be difficult for all parties.

Lots of very bitter people in this thread, towards a human being acting well within his rights in regards to a company (which they don't work for). The same people I am sure would be more than willing to run their work contract down for a longer term payday. Lots of treating Tommy like an ex-girlfriend. Just let it play out and dissect it then!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Lots of very bitter people in this thread, towards a human being acting well within his rights in regards to a company (which they don't work for). The same people I am sure would be more than willing to run their work contract down for a longer term payday. Lots of treating Tommy like an ex-girlfriend. Just let it play out and dissect it then!

Bristol City is bigger than any player and many see TC’s refusal to sign a new deal as disrespectful to the club who nurtured him from a boy and developed him into the player he is now/was.

I don’t see that as bitter. It’s a normal human reaction 

Had he signed and stayed in Mannings plans and scored 20+ this season then other clubs, probably PL clubs would take a far greater interest in him. A similar sum as City got for Semenyo could have been coming the clubs way.

Currently he’s twiddling his thumbs with the u21s and completely out of the Championship window. 

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 4

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Bristol City is bigger than any player and many see TC’s refusal to sign a new deal as disrespectful to the club who nurtured him from a boy and developed him into the player he is now/was.

I don’t see that as bitter. It’s a normal human reaction 

Had he signed and stayed in Mannings plans and scored 20+ this season then other clubs, probably PL clubs would take a far greater interest in him. A similar sum as City got for Semenyo could have been coming the clubs way.

Currently he’s twiddling his thumbs with the u21s and completely out of the Championship window. 

He made a decision and it backfired. That happens in life, but it's done now. Maybe part of getting older means that a potential slight or disrespect to my football club really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. 

I think I'll stop clicking this thread - please return to the handwringing (not specifically referring to you here RR).

5 hours ago, Tom said:

That’s not how football works mate is it though. Players have to take the rough with the smooth. Whilst your logic is sound it doesn’t play out like that in reality as football is an extremely emotional sport and fans of clubs are passionate as f about their clubs.

If there was no emotion/passion fans wouldn’t spend fortunes watching these players kick a bag of wind about on some grass would they. And people like Tommy Conway wouldn’t be earning anything like the money they do.

It all comes with the territory doesn’t it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tom said:

He made a decision and it backfired. That happens in life, but it's done now. Maybe part of getting older means that a potential slight or disrespect to my football club really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. 

I think I'll stop clicking this thread - please return to the handwringing (not specifically referring to you here RR).

Why has his decision backfired? He could sign the new contract anytime he wishes to.

4 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Why has his decision backfired? He could sign the new contract anytime he wishes to.

Can he? Do you think he would be accepted back by all parties when he would basically be saying, "nothing on the table interests me, so you will have to do"?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FNQ said:

Too simplistic for me… At the end of the day there’s only one decision maker here. Tommy won’t give a rats arse what the best financial deal for Bristol City is, he’ll only leave for a club that he wants to join. From his perspective if he can’t go now then he can go in January… He’s ambitious as we all know and I’d be surprised if he feels that Hull City are his best route to the premier..

I really don't think it's about which club HE wants to join. It's about the best deal for him. Let's face it Boro, Burnley or Hull doesn't have the same attraction as Glasgow and European football, does it. He's made his bed, the club has invested in a different calibre of striker and there's no turning back. He will effectively be where he was when he turned down the same improved contract we offered him a while ago but without the adulation of 40,000 Glasgow fans behind him and European football both internationally and domestically in front of him. He can thank his brilliant agent for that.

6 minutes ago, FNQ said:

That ship has sailed PNQ.

It’s very likely that the contract offer is no longer on the table.

In Mannings position I’d have removed the offer after three refusals.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Will this affect Boros approach for TC? He’s a forward more of a winger though I think 

IMG_2457.thumb.jpeg.ead713863cba901cd137a981ca58df75.jpeg

We could learn a lot from Boro as moved on from Conway to the next target and secured a really good player. 

Edited by Shuffle
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Will this affect Boros approach for TC? He’s a forward more of a winger though I think 

IMG_2457.thumb.jpeg.ead713863cba901cd137a981ca58df75.jpeg

My mates a Boro fan and says in his opinion obvs the two things aren’t linked, this lad is more of a winger type forward so still in the hunt for a central striker.

In his words they’re going for it this season as the feeling is that the league is weaker than last year

Usual caveats that this is a fans view point

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Can he? Do you think he would be accepted back by all parties when he would basically be saying, "nothing on the table interests me, so you will have to do"?

I think the club would consider an inevitable hugely increased future sale value rather than worry about any short term moral dilemmas. Remember it was the club that lost the moral high ground in the first place when the renigged on the original contract offer.

In any case, Tommy’s on his way and I’m not at all sure he’s regretting his position.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, FNQ said:

I think the club would consider an inevitable hugely increased future sale value rather than worry about any short term moral dilemmas. Remember it was the club that lost the moral high ground in the first place when the renigged on the original contract offer.

In any case, Tommy’s on his way and I’m not at all sure he’s regretting his position.

And the fans? The first chance he misses or challenge he appears to pull out of? His team mates are less of a worry, footballers tend to think differently, but still they need to believe that everyone is playing 100%. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

And the fans? The first chance he misses or challenge he appears to pull out of? His team mates are less of a worry, footballers tend to think differently, but still they need to believe that everyone is playing 100%. 

Wasn’t an issue all of last season was it.. In addition to being our top scorer, his performances last season while still not signing that contract got him into the Scotland euros squad. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Wasn’t an issue all of last season was it.. In addition to being our top scorer, his performances last season while still not signing that contract got him into the Scotland euros squad. 

The situation wasn't really that publicised until the season ended, but even then there were people on here and on the terraces questioning his commitment towards the end of the season.

21 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

It doesn’t really, but the other week I ordered a latte macchiato and asked for it skinny as I’m trying to lose weight. Although I trusted the discretion of the coffee shop manager, I was stunned to find that most of the other patrons knew my order even before I’d recieved it, when I still may have changed to an Americano. Furthermore, I paid a little extra for the skinny status and the information of the price seemed to hit the public domain with no explanation. It wouldn’t have been so bad, but they literally had a Scottish barista over from Belgium sitting down doing nothing while I was trying to get my drink due to “work permit” issues.

(Her working at the shop is totally irrelevant)

If the Scottish barista you mention is the same one that served me, she is absolutely useless.

I asked her for a Latte made with oat milk, and she just looked at me blankly and said ‘I canna make a Latte withoot milk’.

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

If the Scottish barista you mention is the same one that served me, she is absolutely useless.

I asked her for a Latte made with oat milk, and she just looked at me blankly and said ‘I canna make a Latte withoot milk’.

She is really rubbish - I was looking at the cakes in there the other day and said “Excuse me is this a Macaroon or a Meringue?”

She replied “Och lad no you’re not wrang”

Useless.

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

What evidence do you have to back that up?

I heard it from what appears to be someone of good character on a recent FBC podcast.. when your mate Ian Gay who was also on the show didn’t dispute it I assumed it to be true. Do you know differently then?

3 minutes ago, FNQ said:

I heard it from what appears to be someone of good character on a recent FBC podcast.. when your mate Ian Gay who was also on the show didn’t dispute it I assumed it to be true. Do you know differently then?

Its a RUMOUR, without ever any substance shown behind it, as per my reply to Sir Geoff yesterday, unfortunately as berating city is a popular sport on here people seem to want to believe it and state it as fact like you just did, without any clue as to the truth

image.thumb.png.497a9d6fb277936f6c2c9312f503fbf2.png

Not sure where you got my mate Ian Gay from, think he is an idiot from the bits I see posted on here as I am not really on X

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

Its a RUMOUR, without ever any substance shown behind it, as per my reply to Sir Geoff yesterday, unfortunately as berating city is a popular sport on here people seem to want to believe it and state it as fact like you just did, without any clue as to the truth

image.thumb.png.497a9d6fb277936f6c2c9312f503fbf2.png

Not sure where you got my mate Ian Gay from, think he is an idiot from the bits I see posted on here as I am not really on X

Nope, several people have heard it from different sources at the club as have I.

• Thanks 2
  • Hmmm 2

2 minutes ago, cheese said:

Nope, several people have heard it from different sources at the club as have I.

Sorry that still does not make it true and even it is, without the reasoning and context as to why a contract is reduced it may not be a stick to beat the club with, perhaps if they did so it was for a very good reason, but as I put in my other post financially it makes absolutely no sense, as has cost city a lot of money to not have TC on a new contract. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cheese said:

Can't be bothered to scroll through the chat what's this rumour everyone's talking about ?

8 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Sorry that still does not make it true and even it is, without the reasoning and context as to why a contract is reduced it may not be a stick to beat the club with, perhaps if they did so it was for a very good reason, but as I put in my other post financially it makes absolutely no sense, as has cost city a lot of money to not have TC on a new contract. 

Quite right as I guess the story effectively goes back to things that TC might have said but I'm inclined to believe it because the story goes Celtic showed interest last January, TC was told that he would get a nice shiny new contract at £x so Celtic wasn't persued.  Then, when the contract arrived it was at £y or not at quite the same favourable terms so it was clear the verbal offer was just made to deter Celtic.  Personally, everything that follows then makes sense.  Now the club could have decided between the verbal and formal offer that belts had to be tightened, or TC wasn't worth as much as they thought, or TC didn't feature in the new manager's plans etc etc.  I'm sure they could justify it somehow and there could be a myriad of reasons.  But, sitting as TC I would be pretty hacked off and can see why he wouldn't then negotiate.  Allegedly.

• Like 2

112 pages of nothing but speculation 😲.  The only thing we've had confirmed is that a contract offer was made and was not signed.

I for one, are bored of spending time worrying where a player who wont play the club will end up at, Mayulu albeit a cameo on Saturday looks like he could be a handful and Sinc's looks incredibly raw.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, cheese said:

Quite right as I guess the story effectively goes back to things that TC might have said but I'm inclined to believe it because the story goes Celtic showed interest last January, TC was told that he would get a nice shiny new contract at £x so Celtic wasn't persued.  Then, when the contract arrived it was at £y or not at quite the same favourable terms so it was clear the verbal offer was just made to deter Celtic.  Personally, everything that follows then makes sense.  Now the club could have decided between the verbal and formal offer that belts had to be tightened, or TC wasn't worth as much as they thought, or TC didn't feature in the new manager's plans etc etc.  I'm sure they could justify it somehow and there could be a myriad of reasons.  But, sitting as TC I would be pretty hacked off and can see why he wouldn't then negotiate.  Allegedly.

Its a good story, but the only TRUTH, is that none of us know what really went on or why. Unfortunately rumours can sometimes be spot on, have a one sided element of truth to them or spread to cause mischief (not by the person who posted on here), in my opinion, it makes no sense, even if TC was not in LM plans he is worth a lot more to the club on a contract than be left in a situation where we are now desperate to off load so he does not walk for next to nothing in a year, which he still could. 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

She is really rubbish - I was looking at the cakes in there the other day and said “Excuse me is this a Macaroon or a Meringue?”

She replied “Och lad no you’re not wrang”

Useless.

She knows what you’re like and made yours with her right hand too.  The equivalent of spitting in it!

7 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

The irony is, he is not connected either.

The bigger irony is what he’s being told is only part of the story…spun to save face / deflect any blame.

20 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Totally this. He’s been at this club since 8, no issue him going to a Leeds at this level or a club like Brighton (indeed any club in PL as it’s a great shot at it) but if he ends up at Hull that is throughly depressing. Just feel clearly there is a relationship issue, I go back again to that very first video of Manning talking to the squad post Nige sacking and Conway looks unhappy and deeply unimpressed! 

Yet, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, TC actually withdrew from a Scotland squad meeting in order to return to City and acquaint himself with LM's plans for the future.

Was his depressed look due to the fact he had just realised what the (his) future entailed?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Please can we stop posting Ian Gay nonsense?

All the right words in the wrong order. I think you meant: 

Please can we stop Ian Gay posting nonsense?

Happy to help.

Or even, 'Please can we stop nonsense Ian Gay posting ?'

53 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Yet, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, TC actually withdrew from a Scotland squad meeting in order to return to City and acquaint himself with LM's plans for the future.

Was his depressed look due to the fact he had just realised what the (his) future entailed?

Can't believe people are looking back at a few fleeting moments of a video when LM has first arrived and determine that he was not happy with LM or his future role. 

It could be 1001 reasons why he did not look happy and that's just the ones not to do with football and just as many to do with, 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cheese said:

Proving the point, and this is by no means a dig at you in the slightest, that our club has more than it's share of unprofessional employees and  leaks like a ******* collander (and it would appear that this issuing of information to punters starts from very high up too). The only thing you can say about that is not every thing that leaks is true, in fact some of it is absolute bollocks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EmersonsKev said:

112 pages of nothing but speculation 😲.  The only thing we've had confirmed is that a contract offer was made and was not signed.

I for one, are bored of spending time worrying where a player who wont play the club will end up at, Mayulu albeit a cameo on Saturday looks like he could be a handful and Sinc's looks incredibly raw.

Wherever he goes I will only be looking out for their results in so far as they affect the City, whether he scores a few or not I couldn't give a flying ****, he's just not a player I have ever got that enthused about (I accept he has plenty of ability and that if he goes to Burnley he is at a level that suits him so it's not a bitch at him)...................it certainly won't be the same as hoping Scott starts tearing it up at Bournemouth, put it that way.

• Like 1

Just now, Charlie0016 said:

Tommy Conways birthday today … club haven’t posted anything about it.

was Weimanns birthday yesterday and guess what … the club posted about it 

Just about to post this

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

Really pathetic

I reckon we all follow TC on IG lol

• Like 1

Yeah that's exceptionally poor, making the point to wish a former player happy birthday but not a current one just because you don't like what they're doing with their contract. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

I agree heard nothing from the club. be nice to hear from Tins on where we are with Transfers

Because that went so well last time…

Wonder if those two he said had “agreed to sign in the next few days” over six weeks ago now have turned up yet?

He’s wise to say absolutely nothing until either the remaining targets have been secured or the window has closed.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

Regardless of what's gone on, if true, this is classless and vindictive.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Brian, Jon or Steve?

Dunno. Maybe head of comms has had a memo from Jon.

Maybe junior comms just guesses what would happen to them if they tweeted anything about TC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fly in the air said:

if he went to Hull this week put a clause In not to play Sat. surely not that difficult 

It would be difficult because it can't be done. That's only available for loans. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Theoretically you can put what you want in a contract if both parties agree within reason and the law of course.

And I'm pretty sure it's only allowed within the competition rules for loans and not permanent transfers where the playing rights are transferred from one club to another. A more creative solution though would be to complete the transfer after the cut off time for the player to be registered in time for the game... so you're right it could be done, but I'm sure not in any meaningful and enforceable way other than that. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 1