IGNORED

Tommy Conway - Signs for 'Boro- Official

It might have been mentioned on this massive thread but is the sale of Conway being delayed by talk of this swap deal  with Burnley. Not only could we miss our on Twine anyway but surely the longer the Conway saga goes the more the risk of the price we get for him decreasing.

46 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

It might have been mentioned on this massive thread but is the sale of Conway being delayed by talk of this swap deal  with Burnley. Not only could we miss our on Twine anyway but surely the longer the Conway saga goes the more the risk of the price we get for him decreasing.

This is fair as well.

Point is there could be a Scenario with no winners. We have 23 days to avoid!

40 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've a feeling Middlesbrough will turn bids down but we shall see.

What would Wolves go to? £30m? More?

Boro would be mad to let him go unless it's an idiotic bid, or it's a very good one and they have a replacement lined up.

• Like 1

Up front can mean 2 things IMO.

I take it to mean in tbis instance we want say £4m in guaranteed Fee and £1m if and when Add-Ons hit. These are conditional obviously. Profit and Loss.

Other possibility is that we literally want at least half in the first instalment and the rest spread over- whatever period.. that's Cash Flow.

The 2nd shouldn't be an issue with SL at the helm but he does want to spend less.

17 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

image.png.a9c4fdeb9fc62f7cea399dbf99a4f060.png

I believe there is some logic as to why Boro are leading the race.

I heard the transfer fee is towards the £3m mark and the rest is add-ons.  Sorry, hardly a revelation or unguessable either. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I heard the transfer fee is towards the £3m mark and the rest is add-ons.  Sorry, hardly a revelation or unguessable either. 

And Boro want to pay a fiver up front . 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Lee Johnson Fan loves you 🤣

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I'd be okay with that.

We'll speculate forever as to whether we could have got 4 or 5 mill from Boro with different posturing.

But at least we get profit on the books without losing him to Celtic or Rangers next season.

Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

Can’t we include the full £5M in our accounts this year due to him being a youth player? 

No.

Only If Middlesbrough pay £5m in one hit.

Otherwise it is e.g. £2-3m in straight fee, and then add-ons appear as, if or when they fall due. Conditional- but like the sell-ons for Webster, Kelly, Brownhill.

29 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'd be okay with that.

We'll speculate forever as to whether we could have got 4 or 5 mill from Boro with different posturing.

But at least we get profit on the books without losing him to Celtic or Rangers next season.

I'll speculate that the up front fee will be closer to 4m plus add-ons to make it up to 5m, plus a good sell-on percentage.

Boro are keen to get him in asap and 4m up front for Conway represents a good deal all round.

If he wants to go there, then he'll be gone early next week I would think - but this thread will still be going strong for another 100 pages..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Why are we even haggling over the fee, he wants out, let him go! Any fee is a bonus seeing as he could be gone for free in 10 months!

Yeah just let him go for anything, don't consider negotiating how much. He only came from the academy and wants to go. That all seems very sensible. 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Hocca said:

Middlesbrough closing in apparently , delay due to City wanting more of the fee upfront.

should probably read other posts before I repeat news🤣

Interesting whether you’re suggesting City want more of the circa (believed to be) £3m as a first payment, or whether they want to increase transfer fee and have less add-ons?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Yeah just let him go for anything, don't consider negotiating how much. He only came from the academy and wants to go. That all seems very sensible. 

City are haggling over upfront fee. Deal worth up to 5mil. 

If boro are offering 2.5 million up front, let him go, we’d get certain add ons for goals international caps & potential sell on clause, is it really worth holding out for an extra million upfront tops with a view to lose him on a free and not get a sell on / add ons. 

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting whether you’re suggesting City want more of the circa (believed to be) £3m as a first payment, or whether they want to increase transfer fee and have less add-ons?

Increased transfer fee less add ons it’s sounds like to me. Not that I’m ITK or anything that’s just my take on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

If boro are offering 2.5 million up front, let him go, we’d get certain add ons for goals international caps & potential sell on clause, is it really worth holding out for an extra million upfront tops with a view to lose him on a free and not get a sell on / add ons. 

What if (for ffp reasons) we need more up front, to afford to bring in twine?

11 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Yes, it is worth negotiating more upfront (guaranteed) because nothing is guaranteed with any add-ons. 

It sounds like multiple clubs are interested so we're not going to not sell him. I want him sold asap however, that doesn't mean we shouldn't negotiate the maximum out of it. 

• Like 3

Maybe we are looking for more of the transfer fee guranteed instead of add ons to improve our ability to reinvest elsewhere. Manning said he still wants a couple more additions and at least one (a 10) won’t be cheap. 

Makes sense if so but it’s good to know we have genuine offers on the table so there’s very little chance we get nothing for Conway.

Middlesbrough is a good move if it materialises.

Likely to be going for top 6, strong supply line although he has to compete with Latte Lath probably. Strong competition could bring a new level out of him.

He isn't PL ready yet probably, seems a sensible move to progress his career if it materialises.

29 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Maybe we are looking for more of the transfer fee guranteed instead of add ons to improve our ability to reinvest elsewhere. Manning said he still wants a couple more additions and at least one (a 10) won’t be cheap. 

Makes sense if so but it’s good to know we have genuine offers on the table so there’s very little chance we get nothing for Conway.

Who is the second player? A CB eg a McNally or a right sided overseas player as mentioned on here last week? 

6 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Who is the second player? A CB eg a McNally or a right sided overseas player as mentioned on here last week? 

Mcnally aint happening, player is overseas but idk about position 

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Meh said:

Boro will finish lower than us - yes I will bet a tenner for charity !! 👍🏻

Blimey they're gonna have a bad season then!  But I actually agree with you.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Am I the only one who doesn't give a flying one if it's a good move for Conway or not, I just want it to be a good move for City ?

the sooner the better the little twerp ***** off !

If it’s a good move for TC then it’s a good move for City. That’s to say that we’ll get good add ons and a continued reputation for grooming young players of quality at our academy. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

13 minutes ago, BCFC K said:

I’m glad you’re not negotiating.

What upfront fee can we expect in reality, I’d say no more than 3.5 million for a player out of contract in summer? In comparison to Armstrong too for 1.5ish OOC next summer. 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

The Irish Press said Shamrock Rovers for €0.7m in Sell-on for Armstrong.

That being 25%. Which would mean £600,190.50.

Which being pedantic and using today's Exchange Rate would make it £2,400,762.

Post Balance Sheet Events may tell us a few things.

That might be the case with add-ons!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

Conways move as good as done - Boro are trying to push it through in time for him to be in the squad for Saturday

Hopefully this one sticks…

2 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

Conways move as good as done - Boro are trying to push it through in time for him to be in the squad for Saturday

Well lets hope we re-invest that money for Twine so he can be in our squad for Sat

• Facepalm 1