IGNORED

Tommy Conway - Signs for 'Boro- Official

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Am I the only one who doesn't give a flying one if it's a good move for Conway or not, I just want it to be a good move for City ?

the sooner the better the little twerp ***** off !

I’m sure you’re not the only one, which is fair enough.

But I’m sure I’m not the only one who will follow his career closely as I do with most of our home grown payers who leave for potentially better things, especially as he’s a Somerset boy. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

There’s a late twist - Conways agent is trying to put the breaks on the boro deal now as Hull are prepared to offer more in wages.  

Chasing money again if this is true. Does he need to google Danny Coles career? 

29 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I’m sure you’re not the only one, which is fair enough.

But I’m sure I’m not the only one who will follow his career closely as I do with most of our home grown payers who leave for potentially better things, especially as he’s a Somerset boy. 

That's another reason I want him gone !🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Corsham Alf said:

Conways move as good as done - Boro are trying to push it through in time for him to be in the squad for Saturday

31 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

There’s a late twist - Conways agent is trying to put the breaks on the boro deal now as Hull are prepared to offer more in wages.  

Has TC had a medical at Boro then? Otherwise, don't see how they'd push through in time for Saturday ...

Is he now driving across to Hull? If so, it won't go down well at Boro if Hull falls through.

38 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

Surely not the right honourable danny coles? The guy is a charlatan, get him out the business… boro should walk away rather than deal with him.

9 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Has TC had a medical at Boro then? Otherwise, don't see how they'd push through in time for Saturday ...

Is he now driving across to Hull? If so, it won't go down well at Boro if Hull falls through.

Sounds like Joe Bryan to Villa, followed by him then dashing down to Fulham for the £’s 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's Agents for you.

Your spot on Mr P. I was hoping (blindly!) that the whole Conway saga was finally drawing to a close, hence my post.

But of course with an agent involved and Conway now pushing for more money this cannot be resolved by the weekend. 

Transfers these days are just so protracted. 

• Thanks 1

Out of interest, what are OTIBers experiences of Danny Cole’s the agent, other than repeating hearsay / stories from others?

He might be a complete **** for all I know, but there appears to be a lot of jumping on a bandwagon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Loosey Boy said:

Sounds like Joe Bryan to Villa, followed by him then dashing down to Fulham for the £’s 😂

This is what I don't understand. I think it's less about the money with TC. But if you couldn't care less whether you played for either of those teams, it probably would.

Any talk today, tue or not, of discussions with Hull, could be as simple as City giving permission for Tommy to do so.  That might sound like “Dave, don’t be naive”, but I know one club has not been given by permission to talk to him….yet.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, what are OTIBers experiences of Danny Cole’s the agent, other than repeating hearsay / stories from others?

He might be a complete **** for all I know, but there appears to be a lot of jumping on a bandwagon.

He made a massive mistake leaving us as a player. I think players should look at his own career journey Dave. Conway missing a penalty for the Gas v City a cup tie in future will be delightful. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just doing his job which is to get the best deals presented to his client. Not sure he’s done anything wrong throughout this fiasco as club reneged on offer to start this all off.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The same Agent who is Henry Kasosve’s agent, and who has been exemplary  throughout his deal to Brighton by all accounts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I was acquainted with a few of the players in the Wilson era, including Coles who was a complete cock in all honesty. For balance, he wasn’t the only one in that squad back then. I hope for his sake he’s matured a bit since.

Edited by tin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Bit like the pile on for Tinnion ?

Or the bandwagon for Conway being offered a reduced contract, that took off !

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

With Tinnion we actually get to see some of Tinnion’s actions / comments, do we not?

With Conway it depends whether you even were part of the March! 😉

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

What do you mean bandwagon ? Was it not true then ? Are you saying that the comment the verbal offer was different to the actual offer was not true ? Please clarify . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

What do you mean bandwagon ? Was it not true then ? Are you saying that the comment the verbal offer was different to the actual offer was not true ? Please clarify . 

To clarify, I don't believe it for a minute - as @Davefevs rightly alluded to ⬆️

• Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, tin said:

I was acquainted with a few of the players in the Wilson era, including Coles who was a complete cock in all honesty. For balance, he wasn’t the only one in that squad back then. I hope for his sake he’s matured a bit since.

That stacks up as I have a pal who played at FGR and he said Coles was a complete tool 

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

To clarify, I don't believe it for a minute - as @Davefevs rightly alluded to ⬆️

I didn’t say I didn’t believe it at all.  To clarify I do believe the club reneged.

Edited by Davefevs

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

To he honest he's unfit for his present position. Until he proved himself strongly doubters will always persist.

Just playing a bit of devils advocate, there’s a line between unfit > developing in role > proving himself.

There are bits of his role where I think he is lacking, but I think we need to be careful to label his for for the job in such black and whiteness.

The club have said he’s developing, so I don’t think you can judge him completely as you would an experienced DoF (TD).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I didn't believe it, not you.

As I’ve said constantly, it is each person’s prerogative what they believe on here.  My basis of believing it is because of who it came from and when I heard it (several months ago).

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

What do you see in Tinnion in this role @bcfc01

He spouts Commercially Confidential into.

He can either communicate too much or little at any given time.

Makes overly optimistic pledges pertaining to new Signings and timelines.

I doubt he has a huge Football Contact Network..if he does we are barely utilising it to our advantage.

I'm struggling to see great selling points all told.  🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just playing a bit of devils advocate, there’s a line between unfit > developing in role > proving himself.

There are bits of his role where I think he is lacking, but I think we need to be careful to label his for for the job in such black and whiteness.

The club have said he’s developing, so I don’t think you can judge him completely as you would an experienced DoF (TD).

Also fair Dave. Should we judge again in May..perhaps he has good points that I don't consider- Recruitment has improved and there should be a bigger budget to work with.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

17 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Ok so you don’t know. Then you are creating a bandwagon that does not think TC was offered a deal that was then not adhered to . 

But you were complaining about others for the same behaviour.

weird 

• Like 1

I can believe the Conway to a degree but Football Insider also picked it up. Pete O'Rourke is a reliable journo.

That said Coles strikes me as problematic, mind you a lot of Agents probably are but his past relationship wirh Tinnion doesn't help, whoever is to blame it can't help.

Just now, Davefevs said:

As I’ve said constantly, it is each person’s prerogative what they believe on here.  My basis of believing it is because of who it came from and when I heard it (several months ago).

Exactly, no probs here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Also fair Dave. Should we judge again in May..perhaps he has good points that I don't consider- Recruitment has improved and there should be a bigger budget to work with.

For me, I continually judge, as new things happen, etc.  ticks and crosses, informing an overall opinion.  But I’m happy to change.  We don’t see / know the whole picture, so sometimes I think being on the greyer sides of black and white suits me best.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I can believe the Conway to a degree but Football Insider also picked it up. Pete O'Rourke is a reliable journo.

That said Coles strikes me as problematic, mind you a lot of Agents probably are but his past relationship wirh Tinnion doesn't help, whoever is to blame it can't help.

Did they not get on at City, then ?

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Dave, Dave, Dave... you appear to be struggling to understand OTIB today.

You see, on here, we have nice simple stories: Danny Coles is nasty. Brian Tinnion is a clown. Manning is boring. Jon L is childlike. 

Why are you confusing matters with all these daft modern concepts like reason, context, balance - pah!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, HengroveReds said:

‘’We don’t care about Conway *wa*ker*, he don’t care about me ‘so’ all we care about is our french king Fallyyyy’ 

Nothing says not caring like crafting a chant for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

This is what I don't understand. I think it's less about the money with TC. But if you couldn't care less whether you played for either of those teams, it probably would.

It might not be all about the money for TC, but I get the impression that for a lot of agents it is about the money i.e.wifm.

Could you see Bournemouth taking a gamble on TC, solanke on his way out to spurs, Semenyo more than likely to step in to lead the line, Conway to go in as squad player?

Bit underwhelming for Bournemouth fans though if they sell Solanke for 65 mil and get Conway in for less than 5

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, HengroveReds said:

Could you see Bournemouth taking a gamble on TC, solanke on his way out to spurs, Semenyo more than likely to step in to lead the line, Conway to go in as squad player?

Bit underwhelming for Bournemouth fans though if they sell Solanke for 65 mil and get Conway in for less than 5

No. Because he is nowhere near good enough. 

• Thanks 1

They already have multiple strikers Bournemouth.

Semenyo, Kluivert, Unal off the Top of my head although Semenyo plays wider too perhaps. Sinisterra among other for wide areas too. Of course there is always a hole to fill, opportunity to reinvest some.

Element of future proofing and succession planning maybe with a minimum of 3 in addition to Solanke.

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Whilst I do agree with the sentiment, he has been in football for a significant amount of time, he was a de facto director of football for the Academy, and I think his rap sheet isn't necessarily so much around competencies, it's around credibility, professionalism and integrity. Those aren't things that I really see him capable of developing further. So I personally don't think at this point it's unfair to apply the label of unfit for the role, none of us can really judge the technical skills with any real insight, but we can the soft skills and he's woefully lacking and woefully lacking in self-awareness ('see you in the Premier League'). 

For instance, anyone with self-awareness would have stopped feeding Ian Gay a long time ago because he would be aware of how divisive that alone is amongst a proportion of the fan base.

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, 38MC said:

Whilst I do agree with the sentiment, he has been in football for a significant amount of time, he was a de facto director of football for the Academy, and I think his rap sheet isn't necessarily so much around competencies, it's around credibility, professionalism and integrity. Those aren't things that I really see him capable of developing further. So I personally don't think at this point it's unfair to apply the label of unfit for the role, none of us can really just the technical skills, but we can the soft skills and he's woefully lacking and woefully lacking in self-awareness ('see you in the Premier League'). 

For instance, anyone with self-awareness would have stopped feeding Ian Gay a long time ago because he would be aware of how divisive that alone is amongst a proportion of the fan base.

Very much agree MC, it seems our hierarchy don’t seem bothered about those skills you mention.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They already have multiple strikers Bournemouth.

Semenyo, Kluivert, Unal off the Top of my head although Semenyo plays wider too perhaps. Sinisterra among other for wide areas too. Of course there is always a hole to fill, opportunity to reinvest some.

Element of future proofing and succession planning maybe with a minimum of 3 in addition to Solanke.

They will move for Nketiah if Solanke goes.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, KegCity said:

They will move for Nketiah if Solanke goes.

Good little player and knows where the back of the net is. As for Conway, the only premiership he’ll end up in is the Scottish one. 

1 hour ago, HengroveReds said:

Not good enough to lead the line but surely as quad player, 5 million is nothing for prem clubs to take a risk!

That would be a bad move for him on the football side as he won't play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCFC K said:

No, I thought we might get peanuts for him because of his contract situation, it seems like we are getting more which I’m pleased about.

Still seems low that..Thomas-Asante similar record and older went for more.

Delap £15m base fee was it, I can't remember exactly albeit he had 2 years left.

WBA made more than £1m apiece on others out of contract in a year. £5m is in some ways fair and isn't in others. He stacks up well vs players of age, minutes etc in the Championship in his position in this League over the last 2 years. Not saying he is PL ready but £1m absolutely would be short-changed IMO.

1 minute ago, BCFC K said:

Thomas-Asante can play up top by himself or a 2, no sign that Conway can, and vast majority of teams play 1 up top nowadays in the championship. 

3 Goals in 8 League games post return from injury in Spring 2023 would suggest maybe maybe not.

The fact that Thomas-Asante is almost 4 years older too, all that experience and development.

Would have to check the setups for his output the season just gone and the bulk of goals in 2022-23 did come in a pair but he was injured for months.

Just now, BCFC K said:

Why is that relevant? I haven’t brought up the striker in question you have.

You said.

25 minutes ago, BCFC K said:

Thomas-Asante can play up top by himself or a 2, no sign that Conway can

Which metrics are you using here to suggest that TC cannot play up front as a lone striker. The jury is out in some ways but..

5 hours ago, HengroveReds said:

I appreciate that,  that kind of money is hard to turn down..........and that Solanke head has been turned.  But I think they are crazy to sell him.  One of the very best strikers in the country, who should have gone to the Euros IMHO?

49 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I appreciate that,  that kind of money is hard to turn down..........and that Solanke head has been turned.  But I think they are crazy to sell him.  One of the very best strikers in the country, who should have gone to the Euros IMHO?

Believe there is a release clause in his contract.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Cash flow vitally important, 65 mil for Bournemouth will be huge, spent approx 45 mil this window, with 3 mil ish sold

23/24 - spent approx 100 mil on players, and didn’t really sell anyone of value Ben Pearson that was it

Edited by HengroveReds

I have doubts abour Bournemouth and their FFP to last season as I have for a while. Promotion Bonuses were not exempt for Nottingham Forest iirc.

Supposedly they (Bournemouth) got £6m in Loan Fees which helps but who knows.

Cash Flow is only an issue if the owner or external loans, Investors don't fill the void.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I have doubts abour Bournemouth and their FFP to last season as I have for a while. Promotion Bonuses were not exempt for Nottingham Forest iirc.

Supposedly they (Bournemouth) got £6m in Loan Fees which helps but who knows.

Cash Flow is only an issue if the owner or external loans, Investors don't fill the void.

Agree re cash flow, but if the deal is on the basis of meeting a release clause, that’s £65m today, not structured in instalments nor dependent upon anything.

That’s not to say Bournemouth maybe didn’t negotiate something else in order to get the deal through or stick in a sell on.

But it’s quite attractive to an investor to know that the club will be cash rich so they can use their cash to invest elsewhere and get a return on it.