IGNORED

Tommy Conway - Signs for 'Boro- Official

1 hour ago, cheese said:

Well, whatever, it clearly didn't work!  :)

They played some really nice football, did Boro, but they got carved open on the break. Both sides were playing weakened line-up.  Conway came on at 3-0 down, he didn’t change the game!!!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They played some really nice football, did Boro, but they got carved open on the break. Both sides were playing weakened line-up.  Conway came on at 3-0 down, he didn’t change the game!!!

So you're saying he couldn't even get a start in a weakend side?  He must be made up.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

It was interesting that Coburn started ahead of Conway last night. Carrick trying to work him out maybe.

I thought Coburn was great in The Maginifent Seven - didn't see him as a footballer though.  Maybe Carrick needed a hard man in the team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

It was interesting that Coburn started ahead of Conway last night. Carrick trying to work him out maybe.

Just easing him in I'm sure. Carrick knew what he was getting and wanted him and Boro spent well to get him. I'm not sure TC had much of a pre-season either. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cheese said:

I thought Coburn was great in The Maginifent Seven - didn't see him as a footballer though.  Maybe Carrick needed a hard man in the team.

They need a hard man in the midfield, someone like Bronson

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Boro is considered an upgrade on us by most people in football id imagine.

Not sure what hes supposed to have done wrong.

Leave us?

4 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Boro is considered an upgrade on us by most people in football id imagine.

Not sure what hes supposed to have done wrong.

He refused to sign a new contract with his boyhood club to force through a move to a team that has just lost 0-5 at home to Stoke. Add to that, the place is is also the only area in the world that is considered to be a bigger shit hole than Stoke. I’d say he’s had a shocker personally. 

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Bobbie said:

He refused to sign a new contract with his boyhood club to force through a move to a team that has just lost 0-5 at home to Stoke. Add to that, the place is is also the only area in the world that is considered to be a bigger shit hole than Stoke. I’d say he’s had a shocker personally. 

If you think 

1. That he will live in Middlesborough

2. That the "area" just a few miles from the town is a shithole.

3. He has not profited substantially from the move.

4. League Cup results are an accurate barometer for how things will go this season.

You are the one having a shocker.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Natchfever said:

If you think 

4. League Cup results are an accurate barometer for how things will go this season.

Keep telling yourself that Tommy x 

20 hours ago, Bobbie said:

Well Stoke is not exactly a good team to highlight given his last experience with Stoke before his move.  What's a goal between friends.

10 hours ago, Natchfever said:

If you think 

Agree with this 100%. Think people need to calm down a bit about this transfer. Tommy did not fit into how Manning wants to play and so far (early days I know!) our replacements up front look bloody good. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Bobbie said:

Nowhere near the shocker your having,Bob..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 28/08/2024 at 09:07, Davefevs said:

That really is a game I was expecting him to start, thought it strange that he didn't

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He will get absolutely slated at AG if he plays in the return I suspect.

Based on some of the Bryan and Palmer booing, combined with the social media comments.

Bryan got a good round of applause when he came over to the South Stand/Lansdown corner and rightly so

• Like 6

1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

Bryan got a good round of applause when he came over to the South Stand/Lansdown corner and rightly so

Heard some booing for Bryan vs Millwall, I'm in the Dolman though. Think it maybe was pantomime booing in fairness, possibly from the Safe Standing area.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Heard some booing for Bryan vs Millwall, I'm in the Dolman though. Think it maybe was pantomime booing in fairness, possibly from the Safe Standing area.

Definitely was pantomime booing, Joe smiled and clapped Standing fans,they in turn clapped him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Playing off the main striker in a position he never really played for us 

Is he?  Thought from the line-ups he’d be central, Burgzorg left, Jones right, Azaz behind?  You been watching?

(I’ve just flicked over from Burnley to have a look)

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Is he?  Thought from the line-ups he’d be central, Burgzorg left, Jones right, Azaz behind?  You been watching?

I'm watching, he's moving about but predominantly behind Burgzorg alongside Azaz with very little on the left 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This average position has him a little further forward than I've seen but certainly no one left

Screenshot_20240831_131231_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'm watching, he's moving about but predominantly behind Burgzorg alongside Azaz with very little on the left 

Yeah, looks a bit of a lop-sided double 10.

fwiw Nige was originally intending to play him as Weimann’s understudy in the no10 role.  They saw him as being capable of making the sane runs and cool finishing.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

fwiw Nige was originally intending to play him as Weimann’s understudy in the no10 role.  They saw him as being capable of making the sane runs and cool finishing.

I said that so many times ! I think he will be a success in a deeper role

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

And as a bonus less likely to be caught offside.  You need a target man for that to work though which we had with Martin and Semenyo