IGNORED

Tommy Conway - Signs for 'Boro- Official

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

£6m - £8m range I believe, lower goal output but wasn't last year of contract I don't think, also Leicester were on parachute payments and had the most expensive wage bill in Championship history so perhaps likely to spend bigger. I don't see the three relegated teams this season as ones who are going to go out spending big fees on players. 

Thanks and agreed. These 3 for varied reasons aren't big spenders (Leicester should've been restricted last summer but for huge Regulatory failings).

I did wonder if Cannon could be a viable loan target if we sell Conway.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Fair. His friends are gonna have to get used to him not being there regardless.

Do I think he will kick up a fuss? No.

Do I think he will do a Fam and down tools? No.

Do I think he will be a negative in the squad? No.

Do I want him playing in front of others when the deadline is past, if he's still here? No.

What if in training he’s outperforming the others though ? I doubt LM would be foolish enough to cut his nose off to spite his face.

I still think LM is conscious that he’s not convinced the fan base of his credentials yet so I think he’d prioritise points over anything else.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If we were to get in Fally, Sinclair and a new deal for Conway perhaps with fair buyout clause suddenly that could be transformative IMO. Maybe the penny will drop.

A happy and motivated Conway could be an undoubted positive although probably wishful thinking by me.

5 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

What if in training he’s outperforming the others though ? I doubt LM would be foolish enough to cut his nose off to spite his face.

I still think LM is conscious that he’s not convinced the fan base of his credentials yet so I think he’d prioritise points over anything else.

Now Mr P's scenario, I like. Unlikely but you never know.

Post window, TC is essentially gone, as things stand. Personally, I wouldn't play him after that but I'm not LM. All I would say, is that LM has signed the incoming forwards so would. I hope play them ahead of TC.

I do respect the alternative opinion BTW, I just don't see the benefit to BCFC.

46 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Fair question.

If he doesn't want to be here Dave, while others do, why play him? I would rather see those that DO want to be here rather than a player with his attitude to our club.

You don’t have to play him over other first trainers, but I find it insulting to put him in the u21s.  If nothing else, use him to train your defenders.  He might not be first choice when you’re picking a starting xi.

14 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

For me there's a difference between not playing him and prioritising others to essentially dismissing him from the first team group. Conway is hardly likely one to kick up a fuss, would likely have got on with the job professionally even if he's told he's down the pecking order because of his own choice. Conway seemed to be well liked in the group, how does this now effect other players he's friends with? 

This.

+++++

I wonder if it might affect squad morale in any way?  He’s popular with his teammates.

• Like 1

I can’t believe this being ‘frozen out training with the under 21s’ is real.  That would be insane management.  Like his mates in the first team aren’t going to notice or wont be angry at how he’s being treated? It seems a perfect recipe for ruining morale.  If he’d been actively a problem in the squad (fighting / poor effort or whatever) I could understand it but if it’s just because he hasn’t signed a contract then how would that look to the rest of the squad? They’d be thinking “oh they’re nice to me now but as soon as I’m considering my career options I’ll be treated like s**t.  

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Now Mr P's scenario, I like. Unlikely but you never know.

Post window, TC is essentially gone, as things stand. Personally, I wouldn't play him after that but I'm not LM. All I would say, is that LM has signed the incoming forwards so would. I hope play them ahead of TC.

I do respect the alternative opinion BTW, I just don't see the benefit to BCFC.

I guess I’m thinking that LM will be thinking about the benefit to him and not just BCFC in any selections he makes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

You don’t have to play him over other first trainers, but I find it insulting to put him in the u21s.  If nothing else, use him to train your defenders.  He might not be first choice when you’re picking a starting xi.

Fair comment.

FWIW, I find it insulting that he could well end up costing the club that nutured him potentially £Millions.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I can’t believe this being ‘frozen out training with the under 21s’ is real.  That would be insane management.  Like his mates in the first team aren’t going to notice or wont be angry at how he’s being treated? It seems a perfect recipe for ruining morale.  If he’d been actively a problem in the squad (fighting / poor effort or whatever) I could understand it but if it’s just because he hasn’t signed a contract then how would that look to the rest of the squad? They’d be thinking “oh they’re nice to me now but as soon as I’m considering my career options I’ll be treated like s**t.  

Boom 💥 

4 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I guess I’m thinking that LM will be thinking about the benefit to him and not just BCFC in any selections he makes.

Shouldn't they be one and the same thing BotD? 

Edited by Ska Junkie

4 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Surely a more likely scenario is that his move away from the club is imminent so no point in him rejoining the first team squad?

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Shouldn't they be one and the same things BotD? 

They should if LM intended to be a one club man and only wanted the best for BCFC but ultimately if LM raises his profile and he gets a better offer then he’ll be off, it’s not like he hasn’t done it previously.

• Like 4

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Fair comment.

FWIW, I find it insulting that he could well end up costing the club that nutured him potentially £Millions.

I think the club have played a contributory part in that.

But I appreciate there are two sides to this one.  We are opposite sides, which is fine. 👍🏻

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mozo said:

Surely a more likely scenario is that his move away from the club is imminent so no point in him rejoining the first team squad?

I expect it’s just a logistics thing because he's only just come back from holiday.  I’d be amazed / very disappointed if it’s the ‘frozen out’ thing 

4 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I expect it’s just a logistics thing because he's only just come back from holiday.  I’d be amazed / very disappointed if it’s the ‘frozen out’ thing 

It'll be telling if the same thing has happened to McCrorie.

On one hand I feel like saying **** him. If he doesn’t want to be here then get him gone asap, on the other hand, and more I’m leaning too, If he’s as disillusioned as much as I am with the hierarchy who can blame him for wanting gone. 

• Like 2

I'm always of the opinion, whilst someone is being paid, it's madness to exclude them (unless they're a poor influence).  For the club it's annoying if TC runs his contract down, sure. However, whilst he's our player we may as well drive the most utility out of him. I know it was following a bad performance but I didn't think how we treated HNM made much sense.

I don't agree with the morale thing though, I suspect most players know how it works & largely focus on themselves.

I have no issue with a player running their contract down; that's how the system works, it's not the players fault (unless they're called Jonny Bosman!). 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve been really mixed on this one this evening.

In fact the more I think about it the more heavy-handed it feels.  Happy to be in the minority on this one.

I get the “he’s not committed” line, but that’s only that he’s not committed to signing a new deal.  Nobody has intimated he’s not committed to putting in a shift in training or games.  He’s not wanted to sign a contract for 12 months, and that’s not meant putting him in the u21s previously.  What’s changed in terms of his commitment?  Very little / nothing it seems.

It doesn’t feel like a good way to sell him for as high a fee as possible, nor get him to extend his contract.

Feels like putting him on the naughty step when he hasn’t really done anything wrong.

I just hope it all works out for both parties.

We can't ever know really. He may have told Manning he intends to leave, he might have a crap attitude, it might just be heavy handed.

10 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

He doesn't seem committed to making us a good fee , despite developing him throughout.

If he wants to sign a pre-contract with a Scottish club in January then he should spend the next year with the under 15s or something 

So, how is this different to Antoine, who did not want to sign a new contract? Scott did not want to sign a new contract. What a weird perspective some of you have. Sulking as we are not getting a big fee.

The under 15's are going to be stacked out with over age players. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Imagine the crowd reaction if he plays? Sod him

If he puts in a shift and scores or creates goals the crowd will be calling out for more. 
He will be loved and serenaded by the same people who are slagging him off now. 
I think the way football is going more and more players are going to let their contracts run down and eventually it will be seen as the norm and not the exception. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Wells, Mayulu, Armstrong are good enough and exciting options to have up top. Good bye Tommy

Based on? Wells struggled in front of goal last season and is getting on. And two complete novices experience wise. I’m not being negative for the sake of it but we better hope they get up to speed sharpish as I’m struggling to see where these goals are coming from. 

Edited by Jose
  • Like 3

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Jose said:

Based on? Wells struggled in front of goal last season and is getting on. And two complete novices experience wise. I’m not being negative for the sake of it but we better hope they get up to speed sharpish as I’m struggling to see where these goals are coming from. 

I'd say you are being negative for the sake of it, Wells did OK last season and we have no idea what we will get from the new players, but hey let's write them all off before we even kick a ball

• Like 3

If it is true Tommy is with the 21s, and I’ve no idea if so, there’s next to no chance it’s due to fitness. Unless he’s come back & has done absolutely non of his off season work. 

I can see both sides to the argument personally, but err on the side of it doing more harm than good, especially as no clubs have shown real interest in him. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

And he is a supposed a City fan?

Got nothing to do with him being a City fan or costing the club millions ?

it’s his contract and his career and he’s entitled to do what he wants with it.

Why should he sign a new contract if that’s not what he wants to do ?

Like I’ve said previously, if it suited the club they’d let his contract run down to get rid of him if that’s what suited them.

Can’t have it both ways that players should consider the finances of the club when the club wouldn’t hand out a contract that didn’t suit them 

• Like 1

The thing that worries me here is the perception this could have for our potential recruits and our better academy players; We have built a really good reputation within football for being a place that provides opportunities and acts as a springboard to bigger and better things. It's sometimes hard to accept that we aren't the totality of a football players ambition, but we aren't. Just like any job. 

This feels like a daft ploy that only satisfies the ego's of the "jilted bride" types. He is an asset and if I say so myself, still the best goalscorer at the club. But it's the bigger picture that worries me. 

If we start acting like this (And it sounds a hell of a lot more emotional than the HNM/Bentley situation) then I can see that being in the back of the minds of players like Murphy/Stokes who chose us over others. Worse than that it could put a asterisk next to our name with agents of those types. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Got nothing to do with him being a City fan or costing the club millions ?

it’s his contract and his career and he’s entitled to do what he wants with it.

Why should he sign a new contract if that’s not what he wants to do ?

Like I’ve said previously, if it suited the club they’d let his contract run down to get rid of him if that’s what suited them.

Can’t have it both ways that players should consider the finances of the club when the club wouldn’t hand out a contract that didn’t suit them 

yes, Our treatment of Nathan Baker was an exception rather than the norm and all accounts I've heard are that Nige had a bit of a fight to get that sorted. 

If Tommy did his knee tomorrow we wouldn't be offering him an extension. It goes both ways.

• Like 2

Training with U 21’s?

Was that while squad were in Portugal or now?

Could be that as he has been training for most of the summer with Scotland, he didn't need to go on what is probably more physical training in hotter temperatures than here to get the squad super fit?

I would like to see Tommy as the second striker playing off either of the two new main strikers. Do we really need Twine? I didn’t rate him anywhere near the best in his position and isn’t Conway very suitable for that spot?

• Confused 1

If Tommy stays great if he goes I don't care,

We seem to get this with every player that comes through our youth set up, one minute they are better then Messi the next because they show some ambition and wa t to move to a better level they are joey Barton, 

Players come and go, it's how you replace them that's important 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

If Tommy stays great if he goes I don't care,

We seem to get this with every player that comes through our youth set up, one minute they are better then Messi the next because they show some ambition and wa t to move to a better level they are joey Barton, 

Players come and go, it's how you replace them that's important 

Exactly, they are just passing through. That’s why I can’t be bothered getting too excited about any of them. 

they nearly always jump ship when the opportunity comes up. 

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Training with U 21’s?

Was that while squad were in Portugal or now?

Could be that as he has been training for most of the summer with Scotland, he didn't need to go on what is probably more physical training in hotter temperatures than here to get the squad super fit?

I would like to see Tommy as the second striker playing off either of the two new main strikers. Do we really need Twine? I didn’t rate him anywhere near the best in his position and isn’t Conway very suitable for that spot?

He was on his break after being at the Euros, that’s why he didn’t go to Portugal.

I have said that I think playing off the big front man could suit Conway and yes if it worked then could we use the Twine money elsewhere.

Given how important the first couple of months are to Manning (poor start = loads of pressure on him) then it’s a big call to bomb Conway out of the first team squad given that he may well still be here come September (Unless of course the directions come from above and it isn’t Manning’s call). 

Shame that it’s come to this. 

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'd say you are being negative for the sake of it, Wells did OK last season and we have no idea what we will get from the new players, but hey let's write them all off before we even kick a ball

You are so dramatic 😂 I like Wells but he isn’t getting any younger. The other two are still going to be raw.   Hardly saying they are shit am I. 

For someone who runs the forum you’d think you’d want interaction and people expressing their thoughts. 

• Like 1

Just now, SuperDziek said:

Given how important the first couple of months are to Manning (poor start = loads of pressure on him) then it’s a big call to bomb Conway out of the first team squad given that he may well still be here come September (Unless of course the directions come from above and it isn’t Manning’s call). 

Why has he been bombed out,

He didn't return to training at the same time as the others due to being at the euros, he may be with the u21 to bring his fitness up to the first teams levels,

It's not as if that hasn't happened before 

1 hour ago, RollsRoyce said:

So, how is this different to Antoine, who did not want to sign a new contract? Scott did not want to sign a new contract.

Which is exactly my point too.

22 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

The thing that worries me here is the perception this could have for our potential recruits and our better academy players; We have built a really good reputation within football for being a place that provides opportunities and acts as a springboard to bigger and better things. It's sometimes hard to accept that we aren't the totality of a football players ambition, but we aren't. Just like any job. 

This feels like a daft ploy that only satisfies the ego's of the "jilted bride" types. He is an asset and if I say so myself, still the best goalscorer at the club. But it's the bigger picture that worries me. 

If we start acting like this (And it sounds a hell of a lot more emotional than the HNM/Bentley situation) then I can see that being in the back of the minds of players like Murphy/Stokes who chose us over others. Worse than that it could put a asterisk next to our name with agents of those types. 

What he said ⬆️⬆️⬆️

3 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

I don’t think LM has enough credit in the bank to be freezing out TC, especially if the season doesn’t start well.

It would certainly appear from the type of striker that we’ve recruited that we’ll play a style that doesn’t suit TC up top on his own.

But I see no reason why he won’t be in the squad and if we need a goal to get back into a game then we may well see him come on and play off the big man.

Maybe they've tried their best to convince him to stay, given him a deadline to make a call so that we can actually make some money, nothing has changed, so they are trying to accelerate him leaving / chance of getting a fee.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

I don’t think the post was negative just realistic . 
Our new signings are not top six experienced players. There is a large element of risk with these lads who hopefully will blossom here but that is the market we are buying in. 
Nahki is a top professional but can we expect him to improve at his age ? 
It’s just reality. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It's because we've come to an impasse in trying to bring in a 9 & 10 and money generated by Conway leaving now might just solve that issue.

So sticking him with the kids is just a way of trying to force him out - and that domino falling could pave the way for the 9 & 10 we want but can't currently get over the line. 

Put it this way - if we'd already got Twine and another 9 in, I don't think for a minute that Conway would be training with the kids.

So the fact he is, suggests to me it's just a tactic, an extreme one, to try and resolve the impasse we find ourselves in.    

36 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

I suppose it depends who’s call it is , Manning or higher, hopefully can be resolved one way or the other quite quickly 

I’m going to take a brave step here…

He might not be training with the U21 and even if this is true it could be something as simple as they started their pre season a week or two after the first team so he’s going through all the medical, running tests etc and then will join the first team when complete as the first team are ahead of this

Re the contract, it’s no different to Scott and Semenyo who like TC are young lads trying to maximise their earnings and play at the highest level.

If he isn’t going to sign (which is now looks certain with the new signings) then as I’ve said earlier in this thread, it could be the clubs valuation that is preventing him leaving or no one has come in for him as yet. 

Even if he stays until Jan or goes for a free next summer, its the same situation re interested clubs versus our expected fee.

So let’s not hammer the kid for wanting to earn the most money he can get and play at the highest level

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Maybe they've tried their best to convince him to stay, given him a deadline to make a call so that we can actually make some money, nothing has changed, so they are trying to accelerate him leaving / chance of getting a fee.

Yep. Too many people overthinking this one. 

It's just about the particular circumstance we find ourselves in this summer - finding it difficult to get the 9 & 10 in - rather than being indicative of how we'll treat every young player from now on who doesn't want to sign a new contract. Imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jose said:

You’ve got a point.

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It's just about the particular circumstance we find ourselves in this summer - finding it difficult to get the 9 & 10 in - rather than being indicative of how we'll treat every young player from now on who doesn't want to sign a new contract. Imo. 

Yep & if that is the case (it may not be!) the other players would understand that, it happens at other clubs & probably agree with it if he doesn’t want to be here / with us why invest time/ effort in training him for the season ahead where he wants to be someone else’s assets / not around our group 

I never believe anything a player / agent / manager / Tinnion says until everything is sorted 

remember when I was a young un saw Gary Collier up the downs was chatting to him with a couple of mates , he said how much he loved playing for city and wanted to push on with us was really happy etc etc etc 

next day back page of evening post ( before forums and internet etc etc ) Gary Collier sold , Was it Coventry he went to can’t remember now 

• Like 1

If only we had an experienced person at the helm with these sorts of situations, who’s known for being commercially savvy and did really good deals for us last summer….

Anyone know what Phil Alexander is up to atm??

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

100% agree on the overthinking bit. None of us know what has been said, it could be Liam being a dick, or Liam being told what to do by the club or Tommy being a dick........nobody speculating about Agents blanking BCFC for eternity on here knows, that's for sure. Not only that I think one or two are giving the impression that they support Tommy Conway FC not Bristol City FC. He's just another player passing through who has decided that we aren't good enough for him moving forwards, nothing more or less than that and his prerogative too............off you go lad.

6 minutes ago, redkev said:

I never believe anything a player / agent / manager / Tinnion says until everything is sorted 

remember when I was a young un saw Gary Collier up the downs was chatting to him with a couple of mates , he said how much he loved playing for city and wanted to push on with us was really happy etc etc etc 

next day back page of evening post ( before forums and internet etc etc ) Gary Collier sold , Was it Coventry he went to can’t remember now 

Coventry on a Bosman which kick started all the 10 year contracts Dicks gave to some City players ultimately leading to the clubs administration and the AG8.

Mate of mine back in the day but lost touch when he moved to Coventry (no internet or mobiles in those days). He ended up in Florida as a coach, no idea where he is now.

13 minutes ago, redkev said:

Ever thought it might have been your fault he went? 🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Coventry on a Bosman which kick started all the 10 year contracts Dicks gave to some City players ultimately leading to the clubs administration and the AG8.

Mate of mine back in the day but lost touch when he moved to Coventry (no internet or mobiles in those days). He ended up in Florida as a coach, no idea where he is now.

Was not such thing as a Bosman back then ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve been really mixed on this one this evening.

In fact the more I think about it the more heavy-handed it feels.  Happy to be in the minority on this one.

I get the “he’s not committed” line, but that’s only that he’s not committed to signing a new deal.  Nobody has intimated he’s not committed to putting in a shift in training or games.  He’s not wanted to sign a contract for 12 months, and that’s not meant putting him in the u21s previously.  What’s changed in terms of his commitment?  Very little / nothing it seems.

It doesn’t feel like a good way to sell him for as high a fee as possible, nor get him to extend his contract.

Feels like putting him on the naughty step when he hasn’t really done anything wrong.

I just hope it all works out for both parties.

On the surface, it looks ridiculous. That said,  I've read through the thread and I'm still a bit unclear as to whether we definitively know he's been told to train with U21s for the foreseeable future and why.

Tommy is a reliable goalscorer with a good workrate and I don't think there's any possibility of him not trying next season because he needs to earn himself a decent move. If he has been moved to the U21s then the only possibilities are:

1) He's recovering from the Euros and the senior squad are further along with their pre-season to a point so he needs to build fitness first.

2) Talks are sufficiently progressed with a club that both club and player know he'll be gone in the next two weeks

3) He's said or done something behind the scenes that's led the club to think he's no longer going to deliver on the pitch. 

4) We're petty, vindictive idiots. 

Really hoping it is 1 or 2. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, petehinton said:

If only we had an experienced person at the helm with these sorts of situations, who’s known for being commercially savvy and did really good deals for us last summer….

Anyone know what Phil Alexander is up to atm??

Living off his payoff, having signed an NDA?

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

3 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

That threw me too.

https://the1888letter.com/freedom-of-contract-gary-collier-and-the-ashton-gate-eight/

Seems a bit of A) and B)..as we did lose him on a free somehow (others will know more) but Bosman itself came in mid 1990s.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

That threw me too.

https://the1888letter.com/freedom-of-contract-gary-collier-and-the-ashton-gate-eight/

Seems a bit of A) and B)..as we did lose him on a free somehow (others will know more) but Bosman itself came in mid 1990s.

The introduction of “freedom of contract”…before this change, a club retained the registration at the end of the contract and a player was stuffed if they wanted to move.  The change introduced the ability for a “tribunal” to set the fee.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BobBobBobbin said:

Yes we have and the evidence is there - Kelly, Semenyo, Scott, Vyner, Pring, Bell and Tommy. Tommy's current situation is of his choosing and the club's contract offer is evidence that they want(ed) him to stay and be financially rewarded accordingly. If , whether sooner or later, it will be to "bigger and better" things, so further reinforcing our reputation.

1 hour ago, BobBobBobbin said:

And how will players like Fally and Armstrong ( assuming he signs as has been strongly suggested) feel if, after committing their immediate futures ( 3/4 year contracts), they find themselves being overlooked for a player not prepared to commit to the club and making it clear that he wants away at the first opportunity?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

I call it a Bosman as it was the same principle as the Bosman ruling a few years later in the 90's.

Whatever, it was instrumental in Dicks offering the susequent 10 year contracts.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

1) He's recovering from the Euros and the senior squad are further along with their pre-season to a point so he needs to build fitness first.

Are the under 21s not at the same fitness level as first team? And if so why not? (does their season start later than ours?)

I thought they'd be at a similar level, and next Tues would be featuring in the earlier game?

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Yes we have and the evidence is there - Kelly, Semenyo, Scott, Vyner, Pring, Bell and Tommy. Tommy's current situation is of his choosing and the club's contract offer is evidence that they want(ed) him to stay and be financially rewarded accordingly. If , whether sooner or later, it will be to "bigger and better" things, so further reinforcing our reputation.

And how will players like Fally and Armstrong ( assuming he signs as has been strongly suggested) feel if, after committing their immediate futures ( 3/4 year contracts), they find themselves being overlooked for a player not prepared to commit to the club and making it clear that he wants away at the first opportunity?

Both Scott and Semenyo refused to sign contract extensions and were not "bombed out". 

Where have you got the "first opportunity" from? that's conjecture. He might be waiting for a very specific move, He might have been put off by Manning's tactical style or coaching. There's no way of knowing for sure. 

How will they feel if Nahki, a player we probably won't renew at the end of the season, plays? If we play Tommy and he plays well they'll work harder to get in the team. If they aren't like that then we've signed duds. (They will be like that).

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BobBobBobbin said:

Both Scott and Semenyo refused to sign contract extensions and were not "bombed out". 

Where have you got the "first opportunity" from? that's conjecture. He might be waiting for a very specific move, He might have been put off by Manning's tactical style or coaching. There's no way of knowing for sure. 

How will they feel if Nahki, a player we probably won't renew at the end of the season, plays? If we play Tommy and he plays well they'll work harder to get in the team. If they aren't like that then we've signed duds. (They will be like that).

Correct - there is a lot of speculation surrounding Tommy's situation.

We don't know what clubs are interested.

We don't know what bids, if any have been made.

We don't know, AFAIA, what City are asking for him and whether this is a fair asking price   it's an open market so the only proper price is what someone wants is prepared to pay.

We don't know if Tommy has been pushed into this situation because his agent can see a healthy pay day for himself, but can sell it as being a healthy pay dy for TC and progressing his career.

We don't know why TC is training with the U21s.

Despite the above I've been reading posts suggesting that TC wants to leave because he's not happy with the hierarchy at the club. That he wants to leave because he doesn't like Manning's tactics and having to play as a lone striker  ( he best hope that where ever he moves doesn't have a change of manager who adopts a different way of playing and uses a lone striker). That he's with the Us because Manning has "frozen him out" vindictively.

It could be that one/some/all of the above do apply, but as seems to have been the case since Pearson's departure, for every situation or decision that arises, without any evidence some fans' post will always chose to criticise/blame the club, head coach/hierarchy. On the Armstrong thread, when Stoke's interest was mooted and quotes from football insiders/pundits were indicating that Stoke was looking his likely destination, there was a post saying words to the effect " we should had this in the bag, but what can you expect with Tinnion handling negotiations" . Now a day or 2 on it looks like the deal is close to completion

Unless he's come back from the Euro's as Billy Big Bollocks with a completely negative attitude, I would expect that TC would give 100% during his remaining time here. However, I would also accept that Manning has to be more concerned about the club's future - a future that clearly does not include TC. The only question just now is whether TC will be here days/ weeks or 5/9 months. If the former then why would you ant him training with players that will be integral to the team that starts the season? If the latter, then I would be surprised if LM did not keep Tommy involved with the squad, prioritise the new signings yes, but keeping TC available to use from the bench or in case of injuries.

Because of this, I'm inclined to think a move away is perhaps closer than we think. Either that or TC has rejoined with a "different" attitude. I guess time will tell.

• Like 6