IGNORED

Sinclair Armstrong - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

GabrielM

It's funny how we all (me included) get excited about a new signing even though his goal scoring record is abysmal for a goal scorer! 

He does look a menace though. Can't imagine many would look forward to marking him. Proper unit! Bit in the Akinbiyi mould! 💪

My QPR mate said "he's a trier but got potential" 

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

182cm according to Wikipedia and transfermarkt. That's 5'11" to you, or roughly 4 cubits.

Not exceptionally tall at all.

Just reporting what Manning supposedly said to my neighbour…….….:dunno:

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Since when?  Asking for a friend!

He’s 34 now. At least two years past his peak - very experienced but then so was James and he wasn’t part of Mannings plans.

• Like 1

A picture of Ashton Gate in the sunshine on Twitter. Caption about awaiting the start of the new season but it seems more than a little bit ‘tease-ey’. I think he’s here tonight!

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He’s 34 now. At least two years past his peak - very experienced but then so was James and he wasn’t part of Mannings plans.

I’m so glad we didn’t sign him 3 years ago then and built a whole team around him 🤣🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m so glad we didn’t sign him 3 years ago then and built a whole team around him 🤣🤣🤣

Back then Nige was in charge and he already had Andy King and James two very talented midfielders along with Williams once he got fully fit so no space to bring in BB. 

LJ/Ashton should have signed him when they were in charge.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

According to my neighbour the Armstrong signing is ‘imminent’. He bumped into Manning earlier in Boots in Nailsea and asked him. 

Seems like Manning has moved to Nailsea. Lots of current and former City players and managers live around here including Tinnion, Mickey Bell, Millen and Mark Shail.

Apparently Armstrong is a tall bloke. 

So is that official?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

According to my neighbour the Armstrong signing is ‘imminent’. He bumped into Manning earlier in Boots in Nailsea and asked him. 

Seems like Manning has moved to Nailsea. Lots of current and former City players and managers live around here including Tinnion, Mickey Bell, Millen and Mark Shail.

Apparently Armstrong is a tall bloke. 

nige has a house here,stays here occasionally,and i go and see him occasionally too if hes here for a few days.  as for manning,was he buying hair restorer??

• Haha 2
  • Robin 2

11 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Is the Conway stuff bad news? Look at all the comments on twitter

I fear it may not play out well for us in the medium term, but a good time to capitalise on praise. Either way could be spun as a PR win.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

An all timer player profile from Ian Gay who has added Sinclair's middle name to seem more informed. He then went on to write a lot of words on Armstrong without saying anything at all.

• Haha 4
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Forelock tugger to the hierarchy isn't he.

Oh yes. I find the whole ordeal rather nauseating and extremely unprofessional from Tinnion. Not that I should expect anything more being honest.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, The Coach said:

Oh yes. I find the whole ordeal rather nauseating and extremely unprofessional from Tinnion. Not that I should expect anything more being honest.

It's no way to run well anything much tbh but definitely not a solid 2nd tier football club in one of the best 2nd tiers in the world, turning over as a Group £30-40m.

It is tiresome beyond words.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gibbo7 said:

What’s Ian Gay said.  I can’t see I’m blocked as he didn’t like me questioning his integrity.

Exactly the same as me.  My granddaughter who is 3 is more grown up than him. I'm sure he just craves attention.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

Exactly the same as me.  My granddaughter who is 3 is more grown up than him. I'm sure he just craves attention.  

No shit... only looked at his profile a couple of times and it's full off "hey I followed you, please follow me back" and "I'll give x hours to follow me me or I will un-follow you' 

Very mental behaviour, he's obsessed with follow numbers (attention) and the height of people (small syndrome).

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

…the undisputed king of the slums, more aliases than Klaus Barbie, the master butcher of Leigh on Sea…

Excellent taste SD.  I stayed at Fruitbats house once after watching them at Brixton Academy, as he took pity on us that we were otherwise going to be staying in the back of my mates mums very small old BT van (including my mates mum)! 😂 Amazing band and lovely people.  Anyway, back to the day job…

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, chowie said:

No shit... only looked at his profile a couple of times and it's full off "hey I followed you, please follow me back" and "I'll give x hours to follow me me or I will un-follow you' 

Very mental behaviour, he's obsessed with follow numbers (attention) and the height of people (small syndrome).

its called immanence, we all know where he gets it from👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lenred said:

Excellent taste SD.  I stayed at Fruitbats house once after watching them at Brixton Academy, as he took pity on us that we were otherwise going to be staying in the back of my mates mums very small old BT van (including my mates mum)! 😂 Amazing band and lovely people.  Anyway, back to the day job…

was it one of these or the older grey ones??

800px-1981_Bedford_HA_110_Van_(British_T

14 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

was it one of these or the older grey ones??

800px-1981_Bedford_HA_110_Van_(British_T

I’m sure it was a slight newer version than that (may not have been mind) but 100% that same colour with the BT decals taken off but the livery still visible (like a ghost sign if that makes sense).  

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hocca said:

An all timer player profile from Ian Gay who has added Sinclair's middle name to seem more informed. He then went on to write a lot of words on Armstrong without saying anything at all.

Ian thing is very funny. For years he has moaned and groaned about every city manager and player going on here for a time, then each week in Geoff Twentyman’s ear…..suddenly gets given info from within the club and is our biggest happy clapper supporter! 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, lenred said:

Still have one of the yellow foam balls with the Carter logo on they threw out at Glastonbury (92? Hazy). 

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

Why do they take so long making transfer completion announcements as soon as a player is signed give us the details staright away.  Instead we seem to have to wait for the videos of a players medical, 1st day at the club, meeting the players, Interview for the fans why he chose us etc Various Pictures in club Shirt . Well all that could be after informing us that the guy has actually signed. 

9 minutes ago, westonred said:

Why do they take so long making transfer completion announcements as soon as a player is signed give us the details staright away.  Instead we seem to have to wait for the videos of a players medical, 1st day at the club, meeting the players, Interview for the fans why he chose us etc Various Pictures in club Shirt . Well all that could be after informing us that the guy has actually signed. 

This sums up our fan base nicely

Reacting to rumour should be hashtagged

He may not have signed yet!

14 minutes ago, westonred said:

Maybe he failed the medical?  I’m joking.

14 minutes ago, frenchred said:

This sums up our fan base nicely

Reacting to rumour should be hashtagged

He may not have signed yet!

He signed yesterday according to IG so why cant they tell us.   It's obviously more than a rumour isn't it but they seem to want to get all the media stuff out the way first

5 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

Thanks. He comes across well in the bit I've watched so far.

The interview I watched last week reminded me of Micah Richards, very bubbly, excitable.  Not quite as bad as Micah, but that sort of character.  Imagine he’ll be good value in the dressing room.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, westonred said:

He signed yesterday according to IG so why cant they tell us.   It's obviously more than a rumour isn't it but they seem to want to get all the media stuff out the way first

Hahaha, so is Ian Gay the new oracle?

He is a supporter like you and me, a headline grabbing, wanabee, but a supporter just like us!

• Like 6
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

Really enjoyed the bit about pressing, how it's been drilled into him by Damien Duff (I think?!) embraces chasing down defenders, being a nuisance, that threat alone is probably worth more almost as much as goals to a degree if it gives players around him chance to shine too. Interesting who they see as No.1 ... I guess purely on fees - Fally, Armstrong then Wells. But you could imagine Wells, loving playing alongside these guys, forget the name but he used to pair really well up front with a big bloke in his Bradford days - James Hanson (mmmbop) think it was, that was pretty lethal for them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, westonred said:

Ian Gay is a performing monkey being fed info that may or may not be true. Either way it is what tins wants you to think and is most certainly not 100% reliable

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

Hahaha, so is Ian Gay the new oracle?

He is a supporter like you and me, a headline grabbing, wanabee, but a supporter just like us!

Well he has been spot on so far this window dates and players etc so got to listen to him

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 3

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

Ian Gay is a performing monkey being fed info that may or may not be true. Either way it is what tins wants you to think and is most certainly not 100% reliable

Yes i know all that and i'm not a fan of his but he has been 75% spot on in this window if we get Twine on loan he will have been 100% correct in what he told us