IGNORED

Sinclair Armstrong - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

GabrielM

1 minute ago, westonred said:

Well he has been spot on so far this window dates and players etc so got to listen to him

He put a pen next to Conway's name making out he’s signing a contract didn’t he? 

Spot on then………

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Ian Gay is a performing monkey being fed info that may or may not be true. Either way it is what tins wants you to think and is most certainly not 100% reliable

Genuinely wondering, do other clubs use a hypocritical performing monkey to "get info out there"? Or is it just another of the Lansdown Empire's cunning plans?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Genuinely wondering, do other clubs use a hypocritical performing monkey to "get info out there"? Or is it just another of the Lansdown Empire's cunning plans?

No idea, I just know I stopped following him on twitter after a few days because his tone was unsufferable

Just now, richwwtk said:

No idea, I just know I stopped following him on twitter after a few days because his tone was unsufferable

I was only wondering because it smacks of total and utter amateurism to me........but for all I know it could be common in the game? I know what my gut feel is though.

58 minutes ago, astrondrew said:

A quite interesting interview with Sinclair Armstrong here.

https://youtu. be/t7QuKAvHAhc?si=BbexUfDlqNUTWQXQ  

Not got to the pressing bit yet, but don't love the part where he vaguely suggests he didn't sign for a team because they asked him to take a COVID test (I'm sure that's slightly hyperbolic, but it is literally what he says).

21 minutes ago, westonred said:

Well he has been spot on so far this window dates and players etc so got to listen to him

Has he been spot on an under 21 from overseas I don’t really class Armstrong as overseas, the bloke is full of crap but tries to make himself look important 

29 minutes ago, Jose said:

He put a pen next to Conway's name making out he’s signing a contract didn’t he? 

Spot on then………

You misread this from Ian Gay. The pen next to Conway's name was because he's signing a contract elsewhere.

(it wasn't btw I'm just being childish. Again).

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, westonred said:

Yes i know all that and i'm not a fan of his but he has been 75% spot on in this window if we get Twine on loan he will have been 100% correct in what he told us

But at this point there is nothing happening so he’s just guessing.  If he’s framing it as that, ie his own speculation, that’s fine, we all do that.  If he’s framing it as ITK, then he’s just the messenger of news that someone wants us to believe.

23 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Yes, not necessarily hypocritical monkeys, but they will have people they feed, agents, journos, fans etc.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kidjupiter said:

Not got to the pressing bit yet, but don't love the part where he vaguely suggests he didn't sign for a team because they asked him to take a COVID test (I'm sure that's slightly hyperbolic, but it is literally what he says).

I heard that as an annoyance at being stuck in the hotel room and feeling like it was being delayed by an excuse rather than the having to take a Covid test in itself.

2 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

if ian gets info good luck to him and if he shares it then great. why are people so against him. 

I don’t think it’s that so much, some of it is because he’s changed from being miserable moaner, I know best, bette than Nige, better than LJ, etc….to a bit of a sycophant who has sold his true self for a bit of ITK.  Fair play to him.

I hope Liam succeeds, but if he doesn’t, I will be interested to hear his excuses.  Some if the weak efforts I heard on FBC when we were struggling last winter / early spring were hilarious and so hypocritical.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

16 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

if ian gets info good luck to him and if he shares it then great. why are people so against him. 

I'm only guessing here but I think it's because a lot of people view him as an attention seeking **** but I may be wrong.

(I don't think I am wrong though).

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, fly in the air said:

does anyone know when the medical is. unless I have missed it there has been nothing from the club about this signing. 

I think the assumption from Fab and James P was that it would be done yesterday (Thursday).  I heard (although no idea if true) that it was actually done on Wednesday.

18 minutes ago, astrondrew said:

I heard that as an annoyance at being stuck in the hotel room and feeling like it was being delayed by an excuse rather than the having to take a Covid test in itself.

Yeah I can very much see it being that too, just poorly phrased.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.jpeg.805855302c833c50b502378a47d862fc.jpeg

Im sure he followed up later that he meant “had he listened to me he would’ve”!!!!

It clearly paid off for him to praise Manning and Tinnion when all the other fans were irate over the sacking of Nige. He can’t go back on that now as will lose ITK detail received quite clearly! As soon as the interview in person at HPC happened we could see the connection hence why you sort of have to believe his status. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

The interview I watched last week reminded me of Micah Richards, very bubbly, excitable.  Not quite as bad as Micah, but that sort of character.  Imagine he’ll be good value in the dressing room.

I'm assuming that as he refused to sign a new contract at QPR we'll be making him train with our u21s right? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He’s 23.

You can look this stuff up, you know..

I know, but I thought it would be more fun to ask the even-tempered, absolutely non-judgemental community I so enjoy the company of on here. Also posted in case he was the “Foreign U21 player the previous poster said IG had gotten wrong. I know better now and throw myself at the mercy of the court 😀

Edited by Southport Red
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Suddenly, with Fally and Armstrong, in addition to what we already have, we've got quite a big side haven't we? Set piece heaven?

Just need Twine now to put those balls in the box... 

7 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

I know, but I thought it would be more fun to ask the even-tempered, absolutely non-judgemental community I so enjoy the company of on here. Also posted in case he was the “Foreign U21 player the previous poster said IG had gotten wrong. I know better now and throw myself at the mercy of the court 😀

Ian Gay is never wrong, mate.

Even when he is, he then changes his story to fit the new facts.

Loads of examples of this across the summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Ian Gay is a performing monkey being fed info that may or may not be true. Either way it is what tins wants you to think and is most certainly not 100% reliable

Can I just ask - how de we know that info is being fed to him by Tinnion?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile the club we are buying Armstrong from look set to win the race for a prolific Swiss League striker here and now for a similar price.

Zan Celar, age 25- this reinforces to me that we are looking at the medium term and beyond rather than a crack at top 6 this season.

15 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

She WAS a right looker in 1912 to be fair.

Started to look a bit rough round the edges by 1930, but by  8  o'clock, and an hour with Rudolph, she was totally shot and looked like the photo!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The interview I watched last week reminded me of Micah Richards, very bubbly, excitable.  Not quite as bad as Micah, but that sort of character.  Imagine he’ll be good value in the dressing room.

If he's anything like Micah Richards you'd think most people would find him bloody annoying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Still have one of the yellow foam balls with the Carter logo on they threw out at Glastonbury (92? Hazy). 

It was 92 indeed as they had released ‘1992 The Love Album’.  Mother wouldn’t me allow to go that year but my mate went and he got them as well!  She did let me go to Reading for the day as a compromise on the coach.  Which was nice as I got to see Nirvana for the one and only time! I’ve always thanked her for that 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Meanwhile the club we are buying Armstrong from look set to win the race for a prolific Swiss League striker here and now for a similar price.

Zan Celar, age 25- this reinforces to me that we are looking at the medium term and beyond rather than a crack at top 6 this season.

Celar's record looks sound.

Mayulu & Armstrong could be seen as speculating - would Celar & retaining Seb PH been a better option? We won't know for at least 6 months

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think that is lip service to the fans. Lansdown is quite happy with a mid table championship side unless we hit a run and do a Luton.
There is very little ambition shown and I would argue that all the signings we've made since Nige left are with a view to maximising sell on value. IF there was any shred of ambition then given the defence was the fourth best last year and we struggled to create chances then a creative midfielder would've been found by now. ("We'll do our transfer work early.....") Given how much we haven't spent it's not unreasonable to assume we could've acquired a proven scorer too. Not to say any of the new lads won't step up but they all have this "one for the future" vibe about them. You have been quite vocal in how the club haven't spent on oven ready, good to go players and the reality is that for those of us who have been supporting the club for as long as we have it's difficult not to have a cynical half empty view when quite frankly, the statements from the chairman and his poodle continue to insult supporters intelligence.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Celar's record looks sound.

Mayulu & Armstrong could be seen as speculating - would Celar & retaining Seb PH been a better option? We won't know for at least 6 months

I wonder why we didn't make a go for Celar or someone similar, surely he isn't on enormous wages?

That would be intriguing although I think the loans out were good. If I was a little greedy I would say loan out S-P-H, offload Conway reluctantly, and get in Sinclair, Fally and Celar say.

Then you are futureproofing as you know Wells is off next summer probably, Conway is clearly off now or then and S-P-H hopefully returns in good shape.

Armstrong can also play out wider too if he is a Semenyo type?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 minutes ago, Philly The Kid said:

I think that is lip service to the fans. Lansdown is quite happy with a mid table championship side unless we hit a run and do a Luton.
There is very little ambition shown and I would argue that all the signings we've made since Nige left are with a view to maximising sell on value. IF there was any shred of ambition then given the defence was the fourth best last year and we struggled to create chances then a creative midfielder would've been found by now. ("We'll do our transfer work early.....") Given how much we haven't spent it's not unreasonable to assume we could've acquired a proven scorer too. Not to say any of the new lads won't step up but they all have this "one for the future" vibe about them. You have been quite vocal in how the club haven't spent on oven ready, good to go players and the reality is that for those of us who have been supporting the club for as long as we have it's difficult not to have a cynical half empty view when quite frankly, the statements from the chairman and his poodle continue to insult supporters intelligence.

This I agree on.

I hope for the best and if some of these young players can develop together and be kept that could be different.. just not yet.

I would have been on James being retained for another 2 years, in Year 2 especially he could help to guide some of Murphy, Knight, TGH etc- young promising midfielders.

36 minutes ago, Ashton_Red said:

3 and a half million seems steep but hope he’s worth it

IMG_2593.png

Making up numbers now , Cheddar said 1.2m rising to 2m which is what is nearer the mark 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Problem being, Adam is often very good with fees. 

Dosent make sense to me

I think I recall you saying it was around £1.2m rising to around £2m with add ons?

Do you still believe this to be the case and the reporter is incorrect?

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I think I recall you saying it was around £1.2m rising to around £2m with add ons?

Do you still believe this to be the case and the reporter is incorrect?

Yeah thats what I was told and based off what Piercy said I still believe that to be true. 

No chance in hell we paid 3.5m for this kid when we didnt want to pay 4 for Sinayoko.

Again mate im only putting out the information im told. 

Edited by cheddarwedlocker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Yeah thats what I was told and based off what Piercy said I still believe that to be true. 

No chance in hell we paid 3.5m for this kid when we didnt want to pay 4 for Sinayoko.

Again mate im only putting out the information im told. 

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

Thanks again for sharing the info you have available 👍

1 hour ago, Ashton Fete said:

Maybe they’re waiting for the O’Neils stock to arrive to unveil the 3rd kit. 

Shame he won’t play until February 

Or have they gone to O'Neils for a pint of Guinness

Shocking business if it it 2.5 million upfront. Same age as Tommy with nowhere near the stats. And can’t see us getting near that for him with the current situation. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jose said:

Shocking business if it it 2.5 million upfront. Same age as Tommy with nowhere near the stats. And can’t see us getting near that for him with the current situation. 

I read it as £1.5M up front with add ons taking it to £2.5M. 

Lets wait until the club come out and tell us the real value. I cannot believe its the quoted £3.5m we are currently a laughing stock on 'X'  people posting QPR have done us over and we've had our pants pulled down paying that fee so the sooner the truth comes out the better 

6 minutes ago, Jose said:

Do you believe everything you read? Jeez

• Like 1

I said I liked Armstrong's attributes but not for that much money.

Looks like all of the other possible striker options that the club wanted were thinning out and they've overpaid a bit if those numbers are true.

You pay that type of money and expectations are going to be a lot higher and for someone who is still starting out and learning his trade it is going to be difficult for him.

Just now, westonred said:

Lets wait until the club come out and tell us the real value. I cannot believe its the quoted £3.5m we are currently a laughing stock on 'X'  people posting QPR have done us over and we've had our pants pulled down paying that fee so the sooner the truth comes out the better 

Can't believe people take in what is written on that cesspit!

• Like 2

So it’s either shocking business or great business depending on which reporter has got it right. Why don’t we wait and see before throwing complements or accusations Not very OTIB I know letting facts get in the way of any of our agendas (pro or anti the club hierarchy). Meanwhile shall we get back to discussing Tommy on this thread to fill in the time until any announcement.

• Like 1