IGNORED

Sinclair Armstrong - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

GabrielM

2 hours ago, UREDS_91 said:

Just need Twine now to put those balls in the box... 

Twine to string some passes together, thread some defence splitting balls to our forwards and tie the opposition in knots! :whistle:

Just now, Port Said Red said:

OTIB

"If we don't match or better Stokes offer we clearly have no ambition"

48 hours later.

"We paid how much!!?"

Oh, c'mon. You wouldn't have it any other way.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, westonred said:

Lets wait until the club come out and tell us the real value. I cannot believe its the quoted £3.5m we are currently a laughing stock on 'X'  people posting QPR have done us over and we've had our pants pulled down paying that fee so the sooner the truth comes out the better 

We probably won't ever 'really' know. 

Do you actually really care?

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Celar's record looks sound.

Mayulu & Armstrong could be seen as speculating - would Celar & retaining Seb PH been a better option? We won't know for at least 6 months

Do any of us really know much about the strength of Swiss domestic football?

When I looked at him in the summer he seems to have been used by Lugano as a sub a lot.

I guess we are working on the basis that bringing in one of the two with Championship experience makes sense.

We’ll certainly get the opportunity to directly compare Fally with Celar, all I’ve heard so far suggests we have made a smart move.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jose said:

Shocking business if it it 2.5 million upfront. Same age as Tommy with nowhere near the stats. And can’t see us getting near that for him with the current situation. 

They aren't as far apart goal contribution wise as you'd think. Anyway that's unimportant and not the way to judge either player.

10 minutes ago, westonred said:

Lets wait until the club come out and tell us the real value. I cannot believe its the quoted £3.5m we are currently a laughing stock on 'X'  people posting QPR have done us over and we've had our pants pulled down paying that fee so the sooner the truth comes out the better 

£1m of that £3.5 figure you quote, if correct, is based on bonuses. If we pay all those bonuses that usually means the lad has done well………at which point we’ll all be proclaiming that QPR made a huge mistake!!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

OTIB

"If we don't match or better Stokes offer we clearly have no ambition"

48 hours later.

"We paid how much!!?"

Also, if he signs “another Bas Savage”

If he didn’t “typical City, no ambition”..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jose said:

Shocking business if it it 2.5 million upfront. Same age as Tommy with nowhere near the stats. And can’t see us getting near that for him with the current situation. 

It's been explained numerous times that the manager wants a different type of forward. The style he wants to play requires pace, power, high energy.

It's got nothing to do with buying someone with better stats than the forward we're selling.

Armstrong is a year younger than Conway.

The fee will be undisclosed, so we'll never know.

Apart from that, yeah.

9 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

QPR fans are dancing away over this, they don’t rate him. But they also thought Dickie was awful so let’s see! Big pressure on Manning and Tinnion if we don’t get off to a good start. 

They've nailed their colours to the mast when it comes to Manning so I don't expect much pressure from the club. If we finish 11th they will say he's done a good job.

And Tinnion is safe as long as the Lansdowns are around.

26 minutes ago, Jose said:

It would be if it was true.

More likely 1.75m tops with add ons to 2m.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

22 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Do you believe everything you read? Jeez

Yes, I'm still convinced we paid 10 million for matty taylor

Edited by Monkeh
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It's been explained numerous times that the manager wants a different type of forward. The style he wants to play requires pace, power, high energy.

It's got nothing to do with buying someone with better stats than the forward we're selling.

The fee will be undisclosed, so we'll never know.

Apart from that, yeah.

A forward that doesn’t score goals. By the sounds of it he doesn’t have the stamina to fill that role hence he’s been used as more of an impact sub. It’s a lot of money whichever way you look at it. Also wouldn’t surprise me if we use him as more of a wide forward perhaps. 

It stinks of poor business and that’s from someone who doesn’t overly rate Tommy.

They are the same age. That’s what I said. 

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

They've nailed their colours to the mast when it comes to Manning so I don't expect much pressure from the club. If we finish 11th they will say he's done a good job.

And Tinnion is safe as long as the Lansdowns are around.

I mean the fans! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

From the club no, think fans maybe expecting a bit more..

After all we made the change and pursued elements of this strategy to improve. Some of the calls have been..brave.

They wanted Premier League hence why the sacked Nige and didn’t back him with the Scott funds. Tinnion said See you in the PL too so they need to back it up. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, westonred said:

The club probably won't come out and tell us. It'll simply be reported as "Undisclosed fee".

Hopefully we get a clearer indication of the true fee on this one.

I'd be very surprised if we've paid as much as £2.5m up front.

Edited by Supersonic Robin

As with all signings how about we watch the new lads play a few times and then judge? People are convinced TC will prosper under a different style elsewhere so let’s see what these boys do given time on the grass to get up to speed with Liams style of play. Speculation is pointless, means **** all and what they end up doing for the club on the pitch is the be all and end all that we judge on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jose said:

A forward that doesn’t score goals. By the sounds of it he doesn’t have the stamina to fill that role hence he’s been used as more of an impact sub. It’s a lot of money whichever way you look at it. Also wouldn’t surprise me if we use him as more of a wide forward perhaps. 

It stinks of poor business and that’s from someone who doesn’t overly rate Tommy.

They are the same age. That’s what I said. 

50% of his appearances last season were as a starter.

All were at Centre Forward.

So again, apart from that, yeah.

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

The club probably won't come out and tell us. It'll simply be reported as "Undisclosed fee".

Hopefully we get a clearer indication of the true fee on this one.

I'd be very surprised if we've paid as much as £2.5m up front.

If it’s undisclosed then we’ll find out soon enough anyway 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Plus, with all signings under 25, you’re paying for what you think you can get out of them not what they’ve done previously. For example it will be disappointing if Sam Bell, TGH and Hayden Roberts don’t kick on this season. QPR asking for 20% of future fee suggests there is something there.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

They wanted Premier League hence why the sacked Nige and didn’t back him with the Scott funds. Tinnion said See you in the PL too so they need to back it up. 

I agree.

They sacked NP and his team, were tight on funds or promise of contract with funds and freedom to operate at worst, decided we could do without a dedicated CEO etc.

Now freezing out our most accomplished striker..

Yeah it is ballsy, I fear it will backfire somewhat but the onus is on them to deliver now or at least strongly trend in the right direction.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Again I said they are the same age you patronising ***. 

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Plus, with all signings under 25, you’re paying for what you think you can get out of them not what they’ve done previously. For example it will be disappointing if Sam Bell, TGH and Hayden Roberts don’t kick on this season. QPR asking for 20% of future fee suggests there is something there.

I don’t think anyone would have problems with add ons as it would mean they’ve been successful (ish) 

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

More in hope James. I thought it was £2.5 overall (£1M of which is add ons). 

That's £3.5M isn't it? 

These people make it up as they go along , many people who are closer to the deal inc Peircy say 2m inc add ons , 1.2m up front is nearer , don’t have that much faith in certain people at the club but 3.5 m total crap 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

We probably won't ever 'really' know. 

Do you actually really care?

Yes i care very much about my club and dont like fans of other clubs taking the piss out of us thinking we have been had over

• Hmmm 1

Just now, Cov 77 said:

These people make it up as they go along , many people who are closer to the deal inc Peircy say 2m inc add ons , 1.2m up front is nearer , don’t have that much faith in certain people at the club but 3.5 m total crap 

Piercy is getting his info from City though....

Just saying. 

8 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I mean the fans! 

Understood. Though we know the disdain the club has for the fans so I doubt we would have much impact. Beyond Tinnion leaving Twitter again.😉

Lets see how this lad does if he signs for us, could be the move he needed. If he has pace and power then he could be the Semenyo replacement we've needed, but will need time to settle in.

3 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Lets see how this lad does if he signs for us, could be the move he needed. If he has pace and power then he could be the Semenyo replacement we've needed, but will need time to settle in.

No one can argue that our squad is missing those attributes that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

More in hope James. I thought it was £2.5 overall (£1M of which is add ons). 

That's £3.5M isn't it? 

That reads 1.5m up front and 1m add ons to me ?

(which would still be ott - 2m in total tops sounds right)

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Adam Leventhal is from The Athletic. Their policy is to have 2 sources before publishing.

Of course it may depend who the sources are. The selling club may exaggerate to pacify their fans while the buying club may play it down to pacify theirs. Or vice versa.

And who knows what they get from 'sources close to the player' ie agents!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, westonred said:

Yes i care very much about my club and dont like fans of other clubs taking the piss out of us thinking we have been had over

Both these figures have most probably leaked by the respective clubs. We are going to suggest a lower figure than QPR to appease our fans QPR will ahigher price to keep their fans happy. As the fee will no doubt be undisclosed they can hint at those prices without giving a firm number. The true cost may be clearer when the accounts come out but by that time we won't really care.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Piercy is getting his info from City though....

Just saying. 

Absolutely & I really do struggle to believe the amount here that The Athletic are quoting, but not beyond the club to try to spin it, either.

Similar story with McCrorie last summer, Scottish media was quoting a far bigger fee than Piercy reckoned.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, numbeast said:

Both these figures have most probably leaked by the respective clubs. We are going to suggest a lower figure than QPR to appease our fans QPR will ahigher price to keep their fans happy. As the fee will no doubt be undisclosed they can hint at those prices without giving a firm number. The true cost may be clearer when the accounts come out but by that time we won't really care.

Give 6 months and Tinnion will let it slip in an interview 

• Haha 8

If we cast our minds back 12 months, the quoted fee for Dickie was in excess of £1m, if I recall correctly. Tinnion later said it was £600k.

IMHO those fees quoted by the Athletic are wildly exaggerated. Piercy will be closer to the precise figures.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Exactly!  

Im not inclined to accept any thing that is mediocre, at any time.

They sacked the last fella for not producing the week he had seven players from our under age teams on first team duty. Two of whom have now been sent out to league two, for game time. 

No excuses from Tinnion, Manning or Lansdown this season, having backed a guy who has no experience with money or football at this level until he came here 

The problem with our support is we don’t call out those responsible enough, competitive league position nudging top six, or even in it, is my expectation if those running the club and team  

• Like 7
  • Flames 4

29 minutes ago, Jose said:

Again I said they are the same age you patronising ***. 

I don’t think anyone would have problems with add ons as it would mean they’ve been successful (ish) 

Mate, you rushed to outrage ("shocking", "stinks", "poor business") about a fee, even though no-one knows the fee. 

You think someone born in August 2002 is the same age as someone born in June 2003.

You've ignored explanations from the club about the type of forwards we want to sign and the fact Conway doesn't fit that profile.

You've failed to understand this deal has nothing to do with "stats" because it's about the above.

You think Armstrong has been used more as an impact sub by QPR, when 50% of his appearances last season were as a starter.

You think it sounds like he lacks stamina with no evidence to support that - apart from the fact you think QPR used him mostly as an impact sub. Which they didn't.

You wouldn't be surprised if we used him as a wide forward, when all his appearances last season were at Centre Forward.

This is how you get 30 pages of nothing on the internet - lots of opinions, very few of them formed by looking at the facts. 

I know diddly about this lad but it took all of 5 minutes to come to an informed opinion - based on facts - that he wasn't used mostly as an impact sub, that he played all last season at CF not wide, etc etc 

How about you give it a go?

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly!  

Im not inclined to accept any thing that is mediocre, at any time.

They sacked the last fella for not producing the week he had seven players from our under age teams on first team duty. Two of whom have now been sent out to league two, for game time. 

No excuses from Tinnion, Manning or Lansdown this season, having backed a guy who has no experience with money or football at this level until he came here 

The problem with our support is we don’t call out those responsible enough, competitive league position nudging top six, or even in it, is my expectation if those running the club and team  

I tend to agree.

The only caveat I would add is that we are (IMO) taking one punt too many. Fally and Armstrong will take time to adjust as well Yu, a prime years striker or a happy Conway I would be talking differently..

Wells is in the Autumn of his career, the strategic planning remains an ongoing concern of mine.

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Mate, you rushed to outrage ("shocking", "stinks", "poor business") about a fee, even though no-one knows the fee. 

You think someone born in August 2002 is the same age as someone born in June 2003.

You've ignored explanations from the club about the type of forwards we want to sign and the fact Conway doesn't fit that profile.

You've failed to understand this deal has nothing to do with "stats" because it's about the above.

You think Armstrong has been used more as an impact sub by QPR, when 50% of his appearances last season were as a starter.

You think it sounds like he lacks stamina with no evidence to support that - apart from the fact you think QPR used him mostly as an impact sub. Which they didn't.

You wouldn't be surprised if we used him as a wide forward, when all his appearances last season were at Centre Forward.

This is how you get 30 pages of nothing on the internet - lots of opinions, very few of them formed by looking at the facts. 

I know diddly about this lad but it took all of 5 minutes to come to an informed opinion - based on facts - that he wasn't used mostly as an impact sub, that he played all last season at CF not wide, etc etc 

How about you give it a go?

Are you thick or just bored. Ones 21, the other is 21. That is the same age. Dress it up any other way you like. Born different year? Yes but what I said about age is FACT.  You saying they are not is posting for a no reason at all, trying to be clever.

I also said IF we are paying that. Another  thing you are struggling to process.

Reading QPR forums. Some say he struggles to play 60, others say he’s better off coming off the bench. Others say he’d be better as a wide forward. Something we can do in our set up. 

If you don’t like reading opinions probably best not to be on a public forum!  

boring me now let’s leave it at that. Let’s hope he signs and scores bucket loads.

Edited by Jose

Up to 3-4m range seems to be our limit these days. Very respectable imo for a non PP club. His fee whether 1m or 3m is going to seem steep if he does not perform. If he does, it looks like a steal. I don’t think 2.5m up front is a fee that is extreme. When it comes down to it, he’ll need to make a significant impact whether it was 1.5m up front or 2.5m upfront. 

In terms of numbers compared to Conway, I don’t think that matters either. Football is more than goals scored. For me, Tommy rarely impacts the game unless he scores. Perhaps football scouts have determined SA brings more impact to a 90 minute game than TC does. Conway may finish a chance more often but if that only comes once every two games, is that a positive? 

• Like 4

I've been in meetings most of today. It seems quite a lot of OTIB are getting very hot under the collar. Relax everyone it's a sunny Friday and the cloud and rain will be returning tomorrow onwards!

I get a lot of the points made about what the fee and the structure of the fee may or may not be for SA. However, if I think about SA and the 2 that have already signed, it gives me a lot of hope that we will be a better watch in the final third (I know the bar has been set pretty low for some time now). Whether that equates to more goals only time will tell. Last season I still attended matches but went for a day out with the lads rather than it being about watching City. The reason being that hoping to watch a really good football match was rare and I'd lost quite a bit of hope. Would be nice to be entertained on a regular basis.

I've got a really good vibe about SA and I just hope we can this nailed down and made public today.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I tend to agree.

The only caveat I would add is that we are (IMO) taking one punt too many. Fally and Armstrong will take time to adjust as well Yu, a prime years striker or a happy Conway I would be talking differently..

Wells is in the Autumn of his career, the strategic planning remains an ongoing concern of mine.

I agree mate. 

But we are in the position we are solely due to Junior and Tinnion hiring Manning and backing him with money created by sales and specifically not afforded Pearson 

Im not inclined to hear any excuses coming from any of them. The choices and statements of intent were made, so deliver or resign would be my message to those who need to hear it. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I agree mate. 

But we are in the position we are solely due to Junior and Tinnion hiring Manning and backing him with money created by sales and specifically not afforded Pearson 

Im not inclined to hear any excuses coming from any of them. The choices and statements of intent were made, so deliver or resign would be my message to those who need to hear it. 

Ah yeah completely agree when you put it that way.

They have made a bed, they have taken big calls- I shall be expecting improvement even if the experience etc balance doesn't feel quite right.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

52 minutes ago, Jose said:

Are you thick or just bored. Ones 21, the other is 21. That is the same age. Dress it up any other way you like. Born different year? Yes but what I said about age is FACT.  You saying they are not is posting for a no reason at all, trying to be clever.

I also said IF we are paying that. Another  thing you are struggling to process.

Reading QPR forums. Some say he struggles to play 60, others say he’s better off coming off the bench. Others say he’d be better as a wide forward. Something we can do in our set up. 

If you don’t like reading opinions probably best not to be on a public forum!  

boring me now let’s leave it at that. Let’s hope he signs and scores bucket loads.

Hmm, Conway is 21 years and 347 days old while Armstrong is 21 years and 27 days old.  So Conway is 320 days older than Armstrong.  Perhaps they are waiting until 6 Aug to announce the signing so you and MM can both agree that Conway is older 🎉

Edited by red panda
typos

2 minutes ago, red panda said:

Hmm, Conway is 21 years and 347 days old while Armstrong is 21 years and 27 days old.  So Conway is 320 days older than Armstrong.  Perhaps they are waiting until 6 Aug to announce the signing so you and MM can both agree that Conway is older 🎉

Then he will be right 😂

Ironically the original point was missed. It looks like QPR will be getting decent money for their player, where as we have a player a little more proven sat in our U21s with clubs knowing we are absolutely desperate to do business. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Then he will be right 😂

Ironically the original point was missed. It looks like QPR will be getting decent money for their player, where as we have a player a little more proven sat in our U21s with clubs knowing we are absolutely desperate to do business. 

So on the one hand we are signalling that we are desperate to get rid of Tommy and on the other making it clear we are desperate to sign Twine.

The brains trust doesn't seem to have had any negotiating skills training.

• Haha 5

It's one small step for Sinclair.

We choose to go to the gate. We choose to go to the gate, and do the other things, not because they are easy but because...I am a cider drinker.

In case Sheridan is struggling for ideas.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1