IGNORED

Sinclair Armstrong - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

GabrielM

51 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ah yeah completely agree when you put it that way.

They have made a bed, they have taken big calls- I shall be expecting improvement even if the experience etc balance doesn't feel quite right.

your expectations are the absolute minimum they need to deliver for me to even consider thinking about going back down there. they will have to near on piss the league all bar top 5 for me to think they may have called it right. then they will have to go some more to justify the manner in which they went about it.  i still love city as my team but just couldnt trust myself to not let rip at them if i went back yet,the last thing i want to do is stoop to their level and make myself look stupid in public

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

Truly a video only a real "maverick thinker" known for his "groundbreaking concepts" could possibly conceive.

Armstrong, genius. City do it again. The footballing world will be talking about this for years to come!

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Truly a video only a real "maverick thinker" known for his "groundbreaking concepts" could possibly conceive.

Armstrong, genius. City do it again. The footballing world will be talking about this for years to come!

Surprised he’s not driving a c5 as well 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I'd of gone down the Sir Clive route, our new signing tapping away on a Spectrum 48k as he rides in on a C5.

Not sure the kids would get it 😂

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

• The title was changed to Sinclair Armstrong - OFFICIALLY SIGNED
4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I'd have done a video filmed from the front end of a car bumper,  shot low to the road, driving along Aston Road, turning in to Aston Gate - that lovely sound of the DB5 in the background - Louis Armstrong's We have all the time in the world' playing over the top.... as the camera comes to a stop in the car park, cut to another camera panning away, revealing a Sinclair C5 and him getting out of seat.

Proper ground breaking, creative, maverick thinking right there 🤣

FFS!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CiderJar said:

Oh Armstrong's signed for City

He wears a spaceman hat

....I'll get me coat.

I'm sensing a new version of Andi's 'starman' song.

Sinclair Armstrong

Wears our red and white 

He plays for Bristol City

and he's f+×÷$%g dynamite 

Too hot for a coat. 🚶‍♂️

• Admin
2 minutes ago, BCFC1959 said:

Why is everything posted on twitter - dinosaurs like me don't do social media. I can barely cope with email and text!

Will have to wait until interviews are posted on City website

It's on the official website 

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Shirt number?

Not announced yet 

7 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

With the tape loading sounds just to confuse anyone under the age of 40

5 min loading screen on Twitter followed by a pixilated image of the new man before it crashes.

Opportunity missed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I'd of gone down the Sir Clive route, our new signing tapping away on a Spectrum 48k as he rides in on a C5.

I bet he’d of preferred that to wearing that silly thing on his head.

I’d imagine his mates will have enjoyed him being turned into buzz lightyear 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BCFC1959 said:

Why is everything posted on twitter - dinosaurs like me don't do social media. I can barely cope with email and text!

Will have to wait until interviews are posted on City website

If you have WhatsApp, City now have a “channel” on there 

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's on the official website  

Sorry - I was not referring to the announcement but pictures of what was posted on twitter and also comments from Manning on twitter. Not everyone is on social media

29 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Theres a certain someone on Twitter who absolutely loves it, it seems….

Wonder why 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BCFC1959 said:

Sorry - I was not referring to the announcement but pictures of what was posted on twitter and also comments from Manning on twitter. Not everyone is on social media

You know that otib is social media don't you?

33 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Nobody in the media team is old enough to know what either of those things are.

• Like 1

I think this guy is what we might need. Pace, power and strength in forward areas. A little rough around the edges.

His physique reminds me a bit of Tony/Anthony Rougier

• Hmmm 2

21 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Shirt number?

He’s worn 30 in his last two seasons at QPR, don’t think there is going to be much competition for that one, so wouldn’t be surprised if it is that.

With everyone bar Twine/whoever we sign in that position instead, on board now I think the friendlies next week will see the players wear their squad numbers.

• Thanks 1

You've signed an athlete not a footballer and, in my opinion, paid over the odds for him. Yes he is fast and strong, but that's pretty much all he offers. Maybe your coaches can get more out of him that ours did but I suspect that pretty quickly you will be as frustrated with him as we were. His ability to knock any cross over the bar regardless of how close to the goal was becoming legendary (and we had Hugill on loan one season!) and his diving is less convincing than Harry Kane's. 

Good luck with him as by all accounts he is a decent fella and I wish him well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 17/06/2024 at 19:37, GabrielM said:

Nowhere near being a "finished product" (7g/a in 40 games last season) but could be a great option to offer us something different up top in matches. 

Has incredible strength and pace but is very raw technically and his decision making on the ball leaves a lot to be desired, however is only 20 so obviously has time on his side to improve. 

Apparently doesn't want to stay at QPR and from speaking to a few of their fans they'd be surprised if they were in a position to reject an offer of much more than £1 million. 

All hail our new head of recruitment..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

He’s worn 30 in his last two seasons at QPR, don’t think there is going to be much competition for that one, so wouldn’t be surprised if it is that.

With everyone bar Twine/whoever we sign in that position instead, on board now I think the friendlies next week will see the players wear their squad numbers.

Part of me thinks Conway will have 15 taken off him and given to someone else.