IGNORED

Sinclair Armstrong - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

GabrielM

16 minutes ago, Qpr Fan said:

Beale was a bull sh1tter of the highest order. He gave the team confidence, rebuffed Wolves, told us he was committed and within five days was off to Scotland!! Many of the squad then downed tools after being so let down by him. Dickie saw the brunt of that with teams walking through our midfield. When players run at Dickie he's just not agile enough react quick enough. My view was he moved like a tug boat. With quick players around him and a good set up he's fine. His team mates let him down and his game suffered and he became the whipping boy.

Knowing our budget I reckon we probably offered Armstrong £8k a week and suspect you'd be around the £10-12k. I suspect he thinks he's learnt all he can from out and will start with new coaches. He wouldn't be a starter for us next season and he wants a chance to be more than a sub. I think he needs to accept he's not a CF as there very little natural goal instinct there. He should be a winger, wide midfielder. Some think he's a sprinter who started playing football. There's something to work with and the time was right to get a decent fee whilst he still has a "potential" tag. It's a coin flop whether that will materialise into anything or if he's end up in L1. I think he'll be a good championship player, but I'm struggling to see a natural who can go into the prem for big money. It's really down to your coaching staff to make him a more intelligent player. He has a lot to learn and I hope your fans don't expect too much too soon. You've paid good money for potential and I'm very happy with the deal.

We heard it was a £2.5m upfront. Some reporting we sold for £2m but that's probably just over the net amount after we paid off Shamrock. 

I'm afraid it's nothing like £2.5m upfront mate. Well under £2m.

Good luck for the season. I know loads of QPR through England away, great lads 👍

• Thanks 1

Welcome aboard Sinclair.  Well done @GabrielM too!

I’m pretty happy with this.  Once he didn’t sign a new deal he was someone I thought we should be all over (tweeted so 14th June)…and we’ve got him.

We need more physicality and pace, and we’ve got it.  His type are few and far between in the EFL.  He is raw, I’ve previously said more raw than Semenyo, but that’s ok.  Over to the coaches to improve him.

Keep saying it, but very interested to see our game-style in preseason.

• Like 8

I really don’t know anything about the signings we have made, but there does seem To be a cunning plan (that doesn’t include Conway)

I texted my cousin a Torquay supporter who commented as below 

“I was going to message you about him! He was one of the best players I’ve seen in a Torquay shirt in a long time! Work rate it unbelievable, obviously a lot lower level but cracking little player!”

I like the work rate comment and I suspect it’s as much about this as pace and power. 

Many thanks to the Rangers fan who wrote in. Speaking with friends and having sat in the loft I think QPR have struggled for sometime with financial issues and a couple of iffy appointments! 

I am hoping better players will improve this chap. Five RoI internationals here now. I suspect that helped too!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

Welcome to BS3 Sincs, very much look forward to seeing your career progress with Bristol City.

Just 37 pages (to date) on OTIB of which circa 10% related directly to SA 😀

Underrated comment! 

Cautiousy optimistic about SA. 

35 minutes ago, Qpr Fan said:

Beale was a bull sh1tter of the highest order. He gave the team confidence, rebuffed Wolves, told us he was committed and within five days was off to Scotland!! Many of the squad then downed tools after being so let down by him. Dickie saw the brunt of that with teams walking through our midfield. When players run at Dickie he's just not agile enough react quick enough. My view was he moved like a tug boat. With quick players around him and a good set up he's fine. His team mates let him down and his game suffered and he became the whipping boy.

Knowing our budget I reckon we probably offered Armstrong £8k a week and suspect you'd be around the £10-12k. I suspect he thinks he's learnt all he can from out and will start with new coaches. He wouldn't be a starter for us next season and he wants a chance to be more than a sub. I think he needs to accept he's not a CF as there very little natural goal instinct there. He should be a winger, wide midfielder. Some think he's a sprinter who started playing football. There's something to work with and the time was right to get a decent fee whilst he still has a "potential" tag. It's a coin flop whether that will materialise into anything or if he's end up in L1. I think he'll be a good championship player, but I'm struggling to see a natural who can go into the prem for big money. It's really down to your coaching staff to make him a more intelligent player. He has a lot to learn and I hope your fans don't expect too much too soon. You've paid good money for potential and I'm very happy with the deal.

We heard it was a £2.5m upfront. Some reporting we sold for £2m but that's probably just over the net amount after we paid off Shamrock. 

Thanks, all I'm saying on Beale and Dickie- no fan of Beale but is possible his football suited better than Critchley but especially Ainsworth, hence brought more out of some of the players who struggled thereafter? Right so he needs to perform in the right setup in a sense, ie quicker midfielders?

Suspect patience will be needed yeah, I certainly will be- young players often need it and we have 3 under 25 this summer and some yojngrt less experienced omes still- ironically I would have been keener on a more experienced striker plus Armstrong or out one from the Austrian League. Wider sounds like it could suit.

I guess the fee may become apparent at either end in the 2024-25 Accounts! Sometime in late 2025, early 2026 then.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Welcome aboard Sinclair.  Well done @GabrielM too!

I’m pretty happy with this.  

We need more physicality and pace, and we’ve got it.  His type are few and far between in the EFL.  He is raw, I’ve previously said more raw than Semenyo, but that’s ok.  Over to the coaches to improve him.

I’m assuming that Manning and his coaches have seen enough of him to think that they’ve got the skills  to develop him into a serious Championship striker. 

As always - time will tell.

4 hours ago, BCFC1959 said:

Why is everything posted on twitter - dinosaurs like me don't do social media. I can barely cope with email and text!

Will have to wait until interviews are posted on City website

X!! My God, you really are a dinosaur.  laugh; you're so last year. 

Edited by pillred

1 hour ago, Qpr Fan said:

Don't worry..... we have these posters too.

I'll sign off now and leave you guys to it. I really hope you can do something with SA and continue his education. 

All the best for the season ahead. 

Best of luck for the season. I honestly think Marti Cifuentes will turn out to be a good manager for you guys. I know a lot on here would say we were crap against you at home but I thought you played some nice football. QPR were well organised, used the ball well and didn't look like a struggling team. Hayden, chair and Andersen all impressed me.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Who is our quickest ever player? Has to be sproule?

Definitely sproule , love rewatching on YouTube the goal he scored against soton when from our corner Basso threw the ball to him just outside our area then he knocked the ball past there defender who must of had 10 yards on him but sproule past him as if he was stood still , then raced away and put the ball in the net 

• Like 3

Just now, redkev said:

Definitely sproule , love rewatching on YouTube the goal he scored against soton when from our corner Basso threw the ball to him just outside our area then he knocked the ball past there defender who must of had 10 yards on him but sproule past him as if he was stood still , then raced away and put the ball in the net 

Didn't he score vs Southampton in successive seasons both using his express pace?

Raw pace through the middle can terrify opposition defences or push them back 10 yards etc .

5 minutes ago, redkev said:

Yeah, I remember that well.

I still wasn't convinced that he'd put it in the net though, I thought he may over run it and it would be a goal kick.

The throw from Basso after catching the ball was just classic Basso.

Loved the pair of 'em.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Didn't he score vs Southampton in successive seasons both using his express pace?

Raw pace through the middle can terrify opposition defences or push them back 10 yards etc .

I think he did, can never find the goals on YouTube. Goal against Leicester was also ridiculous. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Yeah, I remember that well.

I still wasn't convinced that he'd put it in the net though, I thought he may over run it and it would be a goal kick.

The throw from Basso after catching the ball was just classic Basso.

Loved the pair of 'em.

Here it is…..https://youtu.be/B2tSHCwWTjw reckon we played, what’s now called front foot football, back then 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, redkev said:

Would love to see Sproule and junior bent in a foot race(not now obviously)

• Like 1

Well, not quite sure what to make of this signing. Looking at his stats and comments from our QPR friends leaves me feeling a bit apprehensive.

The fact that there were other Championship clubs in for him otoh suggests he may have something about him.

My main take away from this window is you can hardly say LM has been backed to deliver a promotion chasing team. Comparing this summer to what Steve threw at LJ is chalk and cheese.

I hope people take this into account and don't give Manning a hard time if we get off to a slow start.

Edited by robin_unreliant
Spelling
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Well, not quite sure what to make of this signing. Looking at his stats and comments from our QPR friends leaves me feeling a bit apprehensive.

The fact that there were other Championship clubs in for him otoh suggests he may have something about him.

My main take away from this window is you can hardly say LM has been backed to deliver a promotion chasing team. Comparing this summer to what Steve threw at LJ is chalk and cheese.

I hope people take this into account and don't give Manning a hard time if we get off to a slow start.

This is partly down to SL but without criticising the hierarchy yet again but I agree with a lot of this.

A problem is that there were more oven ready strikers out there in a similar price bracket- and with Conway out of the picture, Wells age 34 and Fally and Armstrong the age and experience level they are..

I can see a slow start and they chose this path to some extent.

• Like 3

Welcome, Sinclair. Looks like he meets a few of our needs - physicality and pace.

It really is going to come down to Manning’s coaching this season.

Side question: Is this the most international squad we’ve ever had, when we include Irish and Scottish players like Sinclair and Ross, plus “Irish” and “Scottish” players like Max and Tommy?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I think, as I’ve said, the problem is that our start is on the favourable side and even a slightly below average start may put us behind the 8 ball.

As for Liam, I don’t doubt he’s not been backed as much as LJ. However, he knew the prior manager hadn’t been backed, he’d have seen the owners comments over nest eggs/giving “this squad” the best chance of promotion and he has been brought in on a (as yet unwarranted) reputation as an on the grass coach who improves players. Signing younger players with upside should be fully within his arc based on his given profile, and if he didn’t expect all that, well - we’re back to the whole due diligence argument.

He’s taken over a mid table squad. Been given two new strikers and three new midfielders. Not been forced to sell. Chosen to not renew James. If you believe all you read, chosen not to use Conway. The results (good or bad) are as much on him now as on the higher ups.

• Like 8
  • Flames 3

19 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think, as I’ve said, the problem is that our start is on the favourable side and even a slightly below average start may put us behind the 8 ball.

As for Liam, I don’t doubt he’s not been backed as much as LJ. However, he knew the prior manager hadn’t been backed, he’d have seen the owners comments over nest eggs/giving “this squad” the best chance of promotion and he has been brought in on a (as yet unwarranted) reputation as an on the grass coach who improves players. Signing younger players with upside should be fully within his arc based on his given profile, and if he didn’t expect all that, well - we’re back to the whole due diligence argument.

He’s taken over a mid table squad. Been given two new strikers and three new midfielders. Not been forced to sell. Chosen to not renew James. If you believe all you read, chosen not to use Conway. The results (good or bad) are as much on him now as on the higher ups.

I quite agree.

LM knew, I assume what the terms and conditions were. I would hope the Club knew the profile of manager they were hiring.

He was brought in as you say to improve us..yet with the divergence in experience and lack of prime year strikers I can see a scenario in which by the start of October we are lower midtable, new strikers but firing and pressure, unrest mounting.

Feel unsure about the James call..it is looking somewhat like his team to a degree and he inherited such a good base.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Post the sale of Scott and we still had Weimann, King and James we got 15 points from 10, into 11 and 18 from 14.

We had TGH and only he was reluctantly added once the McCrorie situation became apparent..

What would constitute an okay start? Prior to injuries biting we had 15 from 10 or 11 really, and the 3 months included Leeds and Leicester Away.

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

Agree. One has £8m on Kalas, a bloke who delivered for Fulham and Boro. 

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Agree. One has £8m on Kalas, a bloke who delivered for Fulham and Boro. 

I wonder if a different manager gets more out of certain players in that era..

Kalas and Baker as a pair, why not indeed.

Maenpaa or Bentley to choose from- quite genuine competition.

Brownhill and Smith plus one of Nagy and Massengo

Weimann through the middle please, Diedhiou first reserve or rotation, Eliasson in the right shape should be a regular starter.

Now there were caveats.. Korey had his rolling injuries, Afobe and his early injury wrecked out burgeoning gameplan, DaSilva injured one game in, Nagy 1.5 and Kalas early.

Even so we looked less than cohesive a lot of the time and that is to a large degree on LJ. That was no cost cutting era, that was an expensive squad with Internationals, players with PL, Championships and European top division experience.

I'll caveat that by saying in 2019-20...at the most expensive we often looked the worst.

• Like 1

Some of the negativity about the squad being put together and LM is disappointing to see. A ball hasn’t been kicked in anger yet but already the doom mongers are posting rubbish

Get a grip ffs and support the players, management & squad 

Just as well forums weren’t about in the 80’s when it was real doom & gloom - but we stuck together and found a way back 

We are a good solid & stable Championship club who cant go out and buy players in their prime and are trying to do things within FFP 

Its about time some have a reality check and stop behaving like entitled spoilt brats 

Edited by INCRED
Spelling
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, The Batman said:

In my lifetime, we've had junior bent and Ivan sproule. They were out and out speed merchants. We found a way to fit in the team

Any other out and out sprinters in the last 35 years? Akinbiyi was very fast. Danny Haynes. Probably some obvious ones I'm missing off top of my head. 

Dave "the train" Smith

8 hours ago, bcfcape91 said:

I think he did, can never find the goals on YouTube. Goal against Leicester was also ridiculous. 

Was there to see it - one of the best goals I've seen by a City player. 

Funnily enough in the same game Skuse scored another belter from something like 35 yards out. Doubt you'd see 2 better goals in the same game.

I think the thing about Sproule's speed was his acceleration from a standing start and over 10 yards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

Some of the negativity about the squad being put together and LM is disappointing to see. A ball hasn’t been kicked in anger yet but already the doom mongers are posting rubbish

Just as well forums weren’t about in the 80’s when it was real doom & gloom - but we stuck together and found a way back 

We are a good solid & stable Championship club who cant go out and buy players in their prime and are trying to do things within FFP 

Its about time some have a reality check and stop behaving like entitled spoilt brats 

It's the usual suspects

• Like 2

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

This video came up in my Youtube feed.

One of the hosts is an oxford supporter and in the segment "dark horses" it's interesting to hear what he has to say about Manning's coaching and his first pre-season at Oxford. I know that many are pessimistic about LM, but based on what he says perhaps there is some ground for being guardedly optimistic.

• Thanks 2

An ‘interesting’ signing to say the least.

Thought the business so far was ok, particularly like the look and attitude of the Japanese guy all be it from the training videos, and was in the camp of one real top quality signing up-front and we could be in, or around, the top 6. 

Then the realisation I support Bristol City kicks in. Superficially, we’ve signed a 3 goal in 60 matches ‘striker’. Frankly, be disappointed if we had signed for free a centre-back with a goals-to-matches ratio like that. Then, we’ve paid £1-2.5 million for him … on a 4 year contract …a total package around £5 million no doubt. 

After the utter farce of that loan winger, someone well and truly has put their neck on the line with this bit of business. Let’s hope this guy lives up to his price tag and length of contract and we can ram back the negative comments down the QPR supporters throats. But, wow, this looks a massive, massive gamble when someone with a half-decent track record could have made us real competitive in this league.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I really like Micah.

Good for you Dave, and those who have agreed with you.

We obviously warm to very different personality types.

He's far too hyper, loud and irritating for me, the sort of annoying individual I try to avoid.

Luckily I can switch him off!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah, I've been happy to be patient with Manning, as I would any manager, but I agree with you wholeheartedly that this is his season to own. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Good for you Dave, and those who have agreed with you.

We obviously warm to very different personality types.

He's far too hyper, loud and irritating for me, the sort of annoying individual I try to avoid.

Luckily I can switch him off!

Agreed, when he actually calms down he talks quite a bit of sense but that is fairly infrequent

Armstrong when meeting Mayulu …

“Hello Fally,

I’m Sinclair, Fally

it’s so nice to have you here, where you belong

You’re looking swell, Fally

l can tell, Fally

You’re still glowing, you’re still crowin’

You’re still going strong ….”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 95red said:

May aswell signed frank Bruno ,never worth the money we've paid, L2 footballer in a couple  of years.

You're an optimist. Fk me. You'd be moaning like fk if there were no signings. He's gonna go on to be the next Pele. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Would love to see Sproule and junior bent in a foot race(not now obviously)

Sproule all day long , much quicker I reckon , 

A few other quickes I remember watching at the gate ( not city ) Trevor Francis - Stan Collymore ( one of the best performances I’ve seen at Ashton gate in my life think he scored a hat trick and tore us apart ) - Franz Carr ( Forest right winger ) 

28 minutes ago, algenon2007 said:

You're an optimist. Fk me. You'd be moaning like fk if there were no signings. He's gonna go on to be the next Pele. 

These w**nkers were moaning and attacking the club when it was  claimed he might be signing for Stoke(Sunderland and Birmingham were also interested)now he's signed for us he's a load of crap it seems.So sick of these people and their grievance with Tinnion who else is so bored with that.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, INCRED said:

80's was a great time to be around! 😀

27 minutes ago, redkev said:

A few other quickes I remember watching at the gate ( not city ) Trevor Francis - Stan Collymore ( one of the best performances I’ve seen at Ashton gate in my life think he scored a hat trick and tore us apart ) - Franz Carr ( Forest right winger ) 

Kyle Walker when he was on loan at QPR was by far the quickest i've ever seen at AG

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Armstrong when meeting Mayulu …

“Hello Fally,

I’m Sinclair, Fally

it’s so nice to have you here, where you belong

You’re looking swell, Fally

l can tell, Fally

You’re still glowing, you’re still crowin’

You’re still going strong ….”

Haha, keep taking the tablets Joe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, INCRED said:

Whilst you are correct a lot of fans like myself have seen this for 30 years plus, the hype about players we've bought, "oh it's going to be different this season, we've bought well" etc and it's all a spin which means when we're mid to lower table it leaves a bad taste. After that long of going around in circles it can be difficult to be optimistic. 

If we're fair here we've bought a Japanese lad who could potentially be a gem but also will have to overcome a language barrier and adapt to a league that is far better at defending, we've bought a striker who has a pretty poor record and looks to be more of a long term investment, we're yet to sign Twine who looked very promising. There's is as much reason to be wary as optimistic. I personally think Manning won't get near the top 6 this season and the rhetoric from the club will be how we've bought for the future only for years down the line for them to change direction and try something else. 

That's my issue with this club, I love it but as a whole it's business plan is keep trying different things and hope something eventually sticks, the issue being is we never really stick to something long enough to perfect it. 

I'm predicting a midtable finish with a few highs and lows but nothing to write home about. I think the football will be largely the same with us looking like World beaters against teams that open up against us and the usual struggle against teams that know how to sit back and defend in numbers. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, ORANGE500 said:

These w**nkers were moaning and attacking the club when it was  claimed he might be signing for Stoke(Sunderland and Birmingham were also interested)now he's signed for us he's a load of crap it seems.So sick of these people and their grievance with Tinnion who else is so bored with that.

Ditto

if they actually sat in the same room and repeated the comments to BT I dare say their demeanour may be a lot less disrespectful but it’s so easy to spout crap on forums 🤭

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Ditto

if they actually sat in the same room and repeated the comments to BT I dare say their demeanour may be a lot less disrespectful but it’s so easy to spout crap on forums 🤭

I'll be honest, I grew up watching Tinnion, I watched him as manager and seen his career grow to what it is now and if there's a single person I think I may show disrespect to in person it's him. 

I don't think he's the right man for the position he has, I thought the same when he was manager. I fully respect his ability to work with younger players and help their development but in my opinion his worth as an employee ends there. I genuinely think the only reason he is where he is now is because he knows who to form good work relationships with. He's made the right friends and they don't want to let him go because he is reliable when they need backing up and he can take that hit for them. 

I honestly think he's probably a major factor in why we stagnate at times as no-one seems to stand up to the top people at the club and when they do they're removed and Tinnion always backs it which in turn has seen him get the promotions he has. For me Tinnion has become a yes man of the worst kind. 

• Like 12
  • Flames 3

5 hours ago, INCRED said:

There is a happy medium, you can buy the odd prime player within a present framework. Such as a striker aged 23-28 from a European League- see QPR, to  lesser extent Latte Lath.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Kyle Walker when he was on loan at QPR was by far the quickest i've ever seen at AG

Haha, keep taking the tablets Joe

Ah I forgot Holloway was by far the quickest heading for the tunnel chased by half the Dolman stand 🙈

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Spike said:

I'll be honest, I grew up watching Tinnion, I watched him as manager and seen his career grow to what it is now and if there's a single person I think I may show disrespect to in person it's him. 

I don't think he's the right man for the position he has, I thought the same when he was manager. I fully respect his ability to work with younger players and help their development but in my opinion his worth as an employee ends there. I genuinely think the only reason he is where he is now is because he knows who to form good work relationships with. He's made the right friends and they don't want to let him go because he is reliable when they need backing up and he can take that hit for them. 

I honestly think he's probably a major factor in why we stagnate at times as no-one seems to stand up to the top people at the club and when they do they're removed and Tinnion always backs it which in turn has seen him get the promotions he has. For me Tinnion has become a yes man of the worst kind. 

This is exactly how I feel about him, I would love to be in a room with him, and tell him some home truths.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redkev said:

Agree on Collymore..he was outstanding that day, can't stand the bloke but without doubt the best I've seen from an opposition player in my time.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bobby girl said:

This is exactly how I feel about him, I would love to be in a room with him, and tell him some home truths.

And you know for an absolute fact that Tinnion is a yes man and it's not actually his own views that are shared by the owners.It is possible to agree with your employers without sucking up to them.What I do know about Tinnion is that he cares a great deal about Bristol City  that has been demonstrated over the many years he has been connected to this club. Perhaps if you were in a room with him you might discover the grievance you have with him is unfounded in the meantime may I suggest to some of the people on this forum start supporting the club and the squad and stop trying your utmost to  find something to be negative about. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, INCRED said:

I think most fans are simply trying to form a realistic prediction for our chances next season.

Yes, it's ridiculous when people only look at the negatives and assume every player we sign is going to be crap. But it's also ridiculous when people blindly assume that every signing will immediately be one of the best players in the league and carry us to promotion.

Re your last couple of sentences, I actually think our fanbase is one of the least entitled and spoilt that I know. How many other midtable Championship fanbases would put up with the perennial underachievement that we have and still continue to show up in such good numbers? If anything, I'd like our fans to be a little bit more "entitled". A few pages ago in this thread we had people who found it incomprehensible that we might beat Stoke (17th last season) to a signing for Christ's sake.

We really need to move away from this narrative that expecting Bristol City to be a more successful football club is in any way unreasonable.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I think most fans are simply trying to form a realistic prediction for our chances next season.

Yes, it's ridiculous when people only look at the negatives and assume every player we sign is going to be crap. But it's also ridiculous when people blindly assume that every signing will immediately be one of the best players in the league and carry us to promotion.

Re your last couple of sentences, I actually think our fanbase is one of the least entitled and spoilt that I know. How many other midtable Championship fanbases would put up with the perennial underachievement that we have and still continue to show up in such good numbers? If anything, I'd like our fans to be a little bit more "entitled". A few pages ago in this thread we had people who found it incomprehensible that we might beat Stoke (17th last season) to a signing for Christ's sake.

We really need to move away from this narrative that expecting Bristol City to be a more successful football club is in any way unreasonable.

I’m not deluded enough to think we are going to hit the ground running and be an amazing attacking team that takes the league by storm but putting a bit of perspective on things - we as supporters haven’t seen any of the new players play in a competitive game for us or seen the benefit of a pre season under LM 

Let’s see how we perform after 10 league/cup games which is more realistic and then critique players/performance of the team 

1 hour ago, ORANGE500 said:

And you know for an absolute fact that Tinnion is a yes man and it's not actually his own views that are shared by the owners.It is possible to agree with your employers without sucking up to them.What I do know about Tinnion is that he cares a great deal about Bristol City  that has been demonstrated over the many years he has been connected to this club. Perhaps if you were in a room with him you might discover the grievance you have with him is unfounded in the meantime may I suggest to some of the people on this forum start supporting the club and the squad and stop trying your utmost to  find something to be negative about. 

32 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I’m not deluded enough to think we are going to hit the ground running and be an amazing attacking team that takes the league by storm but putting a bit of perspective on things - we as supporters haven’t seen any of the new players play in a competitive game for us or seen the benefit of a pre season under LM 

Let’s see how we perform after 10 league/cup games which is more realistic and then critique players/performance of the team 

Totally agree

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There is a happy medium, you can buy the odd prime player within a present framework. Such as a striker aged 23-28 from a European League- see QPR, to  lesser extent Latte Lath.

Latte Lath cost Middlesbrough more than we have paid for Mayulu & Armstrong combined. Not in our league.

Fair comment though about Celar, he was pretty prolific in Swiss football last season & so we either looked at him & said he wasn’t for us, or weren’t ever looking at that league.

Definitely reasonable to make a comparison with Mayulu once both have played a fair few games, at similar clubs, probably cost similar fees.

Think Mayulu is much more the “type” of striker we were seeking, have a feeling that he’ll do well after an understandable settling in period.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to seeing what he can do and how the coaching team improve him. Yes he’s young and raw, but remember Semenyo’s early performances and he didn’t turn out too bad! 

Good to see that the Former Head of Bristol City Comms has now been employed by the BBC.....at least confirm the team a player has singed for twice! Not change the team in the second sentence. 🤐 

Screenshot_20240720_193928_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.203925dc9b05935612e010c9f2c4bfc6.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, eardun said:

Looking forward to seeing what he can do and how the coaching team improve him. Yes he’s young and raw, but remember Semenyo’s early performances and he didn’t turn out too bad! 

If it is on the Semenyo trajectory it will he sometime post November if not next season (IMO).

He was good eventually but it took some time.

48 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If it is on the Semenyo trajectory it will he sometime post November if not next season (IMO).

He was good eventually but it took some time.

Exactly what the wife said about me ☺️

• Haha 1

On 15/07/2024 at 20:04, Jose said:

A striker that can’t score who QPR fans don’t rate and seems to have no footballing brain at all. 

Yep great 🙄

Remember Sammy Szmodics? He didn't exactly set the world on Fire here....in fact, barely played, a different coaching team unlocked hs potential and re-roled him....had a good season last year

Question is....is our coaching team able to do that?

7 hours ago, INCRED said:

I’m not deluded enough to think we are going to hit the ground running and be an amazing attacking team that takes the league by storm but putting a bit of perspective on things

But it could happen.....the issue is we don't need to hit the ground running. We just need some consistency in results......it's a new start, time for optimism but with a large dose of reality. One game at a time.....