IGNORED

Sinclair Armstrong - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

GabrielM

58 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I heard something about that. What on earth was that about? 

Essentially I suggested that a certain poster was out of his depth calling out some of our more intellectual posters - and as a result of this they put a virtual bounty on my head and bombarded me with PMs!

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Essentially I suggested that a certain poster was out of his depth calling out some of our more intellectual posters - and as a result of this they put a virtual bounty on my head and bombarded me with PMs!

I’ve always liked you, what was your name again? :whistle2:

• Haha 10

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’m so sorry mate. 

I take it this individual is now/or is about to get banned permanently

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I thought about trying to claim the bounty myself but didn’t have confidence they’d pay up 🙁

Glad you can see the funny side.

+++++

I know of another poster who got some pretty shitty threats from a poster on here, having contacted him on twitter on false pretences and got hold of his details.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

And what he didn't know is that you're actually the most dangerous mofo that OTIB has ever known.

He looks like a natural finisher to me, albeit with minimal observation of his talents thus far, and, crucially, he seems to know that attacking the near post is a good idea. We have lacked that nous for some time now and it is refreshing to see. He could be one of those for which over coaching is the problem. Instinctive finishers are gold, as we know.

I think Armstrong is a big positive of pre-season. He looks like he can play up top and cause problems. Even if the goals don't come so easily in the Championship, he will be occupying defenders, either with strength or running, to create openings for others.

If we're chasing a game, you'd expect to see Fally and Armstrong together to top to attack crosses. If we're playing a counter attack game, Armstrong with Bell and Sykes would be pretty tasty.

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think Armstrong is a big positive of pre-season. He looks like he can play up top and cause problems. Even if the goals don't come so easily in the Championship, he will be occupying defenders, either with strength or running, to create openings for others.

If we're chasing a game, you'd expect to see Fally and Armstrong together to top to attack crosses. If we're playing a counter attack game, Armstrong with Bell and Sykes would be pretty tasty.

That is indeed a factor, we've been so static for so long, either by accident (unlikely), talent (or lack thereof in variety/depth) or design. Conway, in particular, only had very rare bursts outside of the central areas in the second half of last season. I suspect coaching as much as anything. 

20 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

That is indeed a factor, we've been so static for so long, either by accident (unlikely), talent (or lack thereof in variety/depth) or design. Conway, in particular, only had very rare bursts outside of the central areas in the second half of last season. I suspect coaching as much as anything. 

You are right. Tommy explicitly said that Manning had told him to stop making runs in behind.

• Like 1

On 20/07/2024 at 14:26, ORANGE500 said:

And you know for an absolute fact that Tinnion is a yes man and it's not actually his own views that are shared by the owners.It is possible to agree with your employers without sucking up to them.What I do know about Tinnion is that he cares a great deal about Bristol City  that has been demonstrated over the many years he has been connected to this club. Perhaps if you were in a room with him you might discover the grievance you have with him is unfounded in the meantime may I suggest to some of the people on this forum start supporting the club and the squad and stop trying your utmost to  find something to be negative about. 

My feelings about Tinnion have nothing to do with the  present goings on. They are from his time as a player , and then a manager, at no point have I said that he is a yes man.

3 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

He’s big He’s black 

he’s leading our attack 

Armstrong, Armstrong 

Please don't suggest one for Hirakawa... 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Topper 123 said:

He’s big He’s black 

he’s leading our attack 

Armstrong, Armstrong 

Who was that chant originally sung for? I do remember it

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Yeah that's who I had in mind but he wasn't that big was he? Maybe just 6ft. Wasn't his nick name Rambo? 🤔 

It was for him, he was around 6ft tall.

However I have news for you, chants aren’t always factually correct.

”We’re by far the greatest team the world has ever seen” is quite the exaggeration..

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, JAWS said:

13 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

He’s big He’s black 

he’s leading our attack 

Armstrong, Armstrong 

11 hours ago, JAWS said:

Who was that chant originally sung for? I do remember it

I'd guess it wasn't Lee Johnson because he didn't lead our attack! :whistle:

1 hour ago, HengroveReds said:

Interested to see how he does in Ireland u21st tonight playing alongside Aimodo Emakhu up front in 2. 

Emakhu a striker who plays for Milwall, big build like Armstrong, linked with PSV in the summer. 

He had a bit of a stinker coming on as sub against us.