IGNORED

Sinclair Armstrong - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

GabrielM

52 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I cannot stress enough the importance that we sign Twine. He is now the exact missing piece. 

On what basis are you saying that?

His 2 goals? One assist?

I know he was unlucky to get injured after his debut but he hardly pulled up any trees with us, did he?

I have said consistently that the main reason for signing him would be that Manning wants him, but his loan spell with us hardly rivalled Andy Cole’s, did it?

Que sera, sera.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Being widely reported Stoke now in, I expect they will blow us out the water with wages, this is only going one way now I’m afraid… onto the next target we must be some way down that list now 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Being widely reported Stoke now in, I expect they will blow us out the water with wages, this is only going one way now I’m afraid… onto the next target we must be some way down that list now 

"Stoke must sell first" is one key line there...that sounds like an FFP future numbers issue could be a factor there.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

On what basis are you saying that?

His 2 goals? One assist?

I know he was unlucky to get injured after his debut but he hardly pulled up any trees with us, did he?

I have said consistently that the main reason for signing him would be that Manning wants him, but his loan spell with us hardly rivalled Andy Cole’s, did it?

Que sera, sera.

He is the ball playing attacking midfielder we need, the right age, knows the championship and is the obvious choice for set piece duty. If we have some pace coming in he can play the through ball for them. Plus he knows the manager, and wants to be here. Those 2 goals came in 12 appearances interupted by injury, in 46 games he would probably be good for 8-10 goals, plus he already knows the squad, and the area.

37 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

That reads like Stoke haven’t really joined the chase at all.  Sounds like they’ve not even been round the local estate agents to talk about their own house!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

I very much doubt Stoke pay the sort of wages they used to. At the beginning of last season their wage bill was allegedly £3.9 million higher than ours. This gap will have decreased since but I think we could match or pay more than they are offering. In addition there is the benefit of not having to live in Stoke.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Widely reported via the same source though it seems , the Republic lads and Dickie will also be familiar faces here which may be a big factor 

27 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Robbie Turner is next on the list, before Steve 'Rambo' Johnson

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

He is the ball playing attacking midfielder we need, the right age, knows the championship and is the obvious choice for set piece duty. If we have some pace coming in he can play the through ball for them. Plus he knows the manager, and wants to be here. Those 2 goals came in 12 appearances interupted by injury, in 46 games he would probably be good for 8-10 goals, plus he already knows the squad, and the area.

See I'm of the opinion that he's still looking for his "breakthrough" championship season at 25 years old. He's got well under one season of minutes above league 1 level in his entire career and while decent didn't set the world alight. 

I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him, but I think some people are basing things off a reputation that isn't really backed up but reality (yet).

He's a decent enough player imo in his prime years now. If he's really one to get excited about he needs to be showing it I think.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, Tony Tootle said:

I very much doubt Stoke pay the sort of wages they used to. At the beginning of last season their wage bill was allegedly £3.9 million higher than ours. This gap will have decreased since but I think we could match or pay more than they are offering. In addition there is the benefit of not having to live in Stoke.

Do any players actually live in Stoke. There may not be much to see in the 5 towns but there are some very beautiful villages in Staffordshire. 

7 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

See I'm of the opinion that he's still looking for his "breakthrough" championship season at 25 years old. He's got well under one season of minutes above league 1 level in his entire career and while decent didn't set the world alight. 

I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him, but I think some people are basing things off a reputation that isn't really backed up but reality (yet).

He's a decent enough player imo in his prime years now. If he's really one to get excited about he needs to be showing it I think.

We were a better side with twine in It that's all there is to it really,

He improves us and adds attacking option, also enables Knight to play in his stronger position

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

I'll expect a call later then as I must be reaching near the top.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ian M said:

You need to stop thinking of Best XIs and best formations. Players will have areas to control dependent on the phase of play and this will differ across a single match let alone a 46 game season.

Graham, your device’s autocorrect feature changed until to unless 😅

So about £2m more than we are willing to spend on a striker.

————————————————————

I see quite a lot of mention along the lines of “these types of signings aren’t gonna get us top 6”. I know a few players have mentioned promotion but I don’t believe I have seen any comment from the hierarchy saying that’s the goal for this season this Summer (rightly imo).

We cannot go out and buy our way to promotion, what we can do is buy younger players with almost uncoachable positive attributes (such as pace and frame) and try to coach them to be better in other areas. That may work straight away but more likely it is incrementally moving us up the table, as Manning’s predecessor was doing but let’s not go down that road! I only mention it as I feel it is the right approach for a club like our’s.

We have a solid base defensively (noting that defence starts from the front) so we shouldn’t really struggle with relegation and this should really be viewed as a development season with an outside chance of success if that development is faster than expected.

I kind of agree with this post, don't anticipate a great risk of struggle, a development season seems okay..albeit not what was sold last Autumn.

Formation and setup point wise I have certain football biases and philosophy preference and blindspots as presumably we all do..of course we can switch in-game and between games- so long as it doesn't become tinkering and confusion. Square pegs and holes.

I think £4-5m unless you get a high end loan, a high end free or strike gold in the market or the Academy is the correct number for that level of striker at this level atm.

I still have my concerns about the overall age balance and experience balance if we are to be pushing the top end this year. If we aren't expecting it, then it is easier to accept. No immediate hurry, Manning and presumably Hogg contracted until summer 2027 for what that is worth.

34 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I think you're looking at things a bit simplistically. I keep saying it, but football isn't played on excel sheets.  Use your eyes rather than "2 goals and 1 assist", which actually is actually a decent return for the amount of time he played. 

He offered way more on and off the pitch than those simplistic stats. Go back and watch the games that he played in. Look at his positioning and movement that allowed others to around him to improve. 

He also has (imo) the right attitude and most of all he wants to be here. You can't put a price on that. 

The main stat you need is the amount of games we won with him in the side vs not in it. 

All about opinions though, and I truly believe if we buy him it makes us a top 6 side. 

And I’d argue it is incredibly simplistic to see just adding him now would make us a top six side.

He’s a useful Championship player, nothing more.

Certainly is about opinions, though.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

I think now our most important signing this summer will be by far a number 10 weather that's twine or not we have needed somone to knit things together in that final 3rd for years and twine showed when he was fit how vital his role was in getting better results I really hope we are looking at twine alternatives because somthing tells me he will be kept on at burnley.

100% agree 🤞

21 minutes ago, cheese said:

I'll expect a call later then as I must be reaching near the top.

I'm a 57 year old ex rugby player with shot knees but even I've found my boots just in case Tins calls! 😉

Patrick Keegans, but I've only found 1, should be okay eh!

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I think you're looking at things a bit simplistically. I keep saying it, but football isn't played on excel sheets.  Use your eyes rather than "2 goals and 1 assist", which actually is actually a decent return for the amount of time he played. 

He offered way more on and off the pitch than those simplistic stats. Go back and watch the games that he played in. Look at his positioning and movement that allowed others to around him to improve. 

He also has (imo) the right attitude and most of all he wants to be here. You can't put a price on that. 

The main stat you need is the amount of games we won with him in the side vs not in it. 

All about opinions though, and I truly believe if we buy him it makes us a top 6 side. 

You're right, football isn't played on spreadsheets, but IMO Twine didn't particularly impress via the eye test either.

I saw Twine as a player who didn't quite fit in with our other midfielders in terms of athleticism and defensive contribution - he didn't press with the same intensity as our other attacking players and seemed less tenacious than most of our other midfielders. I was willing to excuse that on the basis that he was in the team to create chances and provide attacking threat......but then he didn't really do that to the extent that I'd hoped. In fairness, I will say that I thought his set pieces were excellent. That was the view I formed without any statistics.

The stats @GrahamC provided simply support the idea that he wasn't contributing THAT much going forward.

Twine is clearly a very technically gifted footballer and if he's to sign it for us then it MIGHT click for him. However, I really struggle to see how his performances in a Bristol City shirt suggest any guarantee that he'll fire us into the top 6.

In fairness to you, it looks as though Manning and Tinnion are on your side of the debate! My concern is that the Twine advocates are being driven more by their hearts than their heads. 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I respect your opinion.  Didn't we win every time he was in the team?

No. But only lost 2 games with him playing, drew 4, won 4.

Edited by Selred
  • Like 1

I happen to know a player at QPR and from the pieces they have said this guy is a good egg, "young" aka raw but genuinely believes he can path a career as a decent striker. Him not signing a contact was suggested it more to do with seeing a path way forward for him as a player than anything but obviously for professional reasons he didn't really touch on that. 

Edited by CityFarAndWide
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Wouldn’t be gutted if Stoke gazump us.

surely we can do better in the European market

Only a matter of time now isn’t it, why as a club do we seem to let the cat out the bag on deals only for them not to come off, it’s happened to us with Sinayoko, Kulenovic and now Armstrong. Also after publicly stating we want to sign him no sign of Twine signing any time soon… what a shambles

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 6

Just now, Bcfc24 said:

Only a matter of time now isn’t it, why as a club do we seem to let the cat out the bag on deals only for them not to come off, it’s happened to us with Sinayoko, Kulenovic and now Armstrong. Also after publicly stating we want to sign him no sign of Twine signing any time soon… what a shambles

The deal might be done for all we know. All just speculation atm. 

1 minute ago, Bcfc24 said:

It's not letting the car out of the bag, it's people with big mouths leaking info, that isn't the club's fault,

Also we may leak false names to hide the real target,

Finally this is the same at 92 professional clubs it's not unique to Bristol City, it isn't a shambles it's just how it works 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

In respect of Twine it seems as simple as Burnley asking price, nobody has met it yet.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Or it could be the agent, who I heard was messing the Club around a bit.
Or then QPR , let others know he's available , they would love a better offer.
Or the player , more options more money or choice of Clubs.
Or it could already have been done.

There is never one side to any of these things , specially when Club feels forced into trying to sell . Do you think we would keep it quiet if an offer came in for Tommy ? Makes sense to let all parties know and hope for a bidding war.

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I respect your opinion.  Didn't we win every time he was in the team?

I thought football wasn't played via spreadsheets and statistics? 😉

I have no idea if that's true, but I'd be careful about reading too much into it given the small sample size and the fact that our good run of form towards the end of the season aligned with us having statistically the easiest set of fixtures of any team in the league.

Edit - just checked. Transfermarkt says: P10 W4 D4 L2 (2 goals, 0 assists)

image.png.325ae3e41105d1a67ab6b2831308c79e.png

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I kind of agree with this post, don't anticipate a great risk of struggle, a development season seems okay..albeit not what was sold last Autumn.

Formation and setup point wise I have certain football biases and philosophy preference and blindspots as presumably we all do..of course we can switch in-game and between games- so long as it doesn't become tinkering and confusion. Square pegs and holes.

I think £4-5m unless you get a high end loan, a high end free or strike gold in the market or the Academy is the correct number for that level of striker at this level atm.

I still have my concerns about the overall age balance and experience balance if we are to be pushing the top end this year. If we aren't expecting it, then it is easier to accept. No immediate hurry, Manning and presumably Hogg contracted until summer 2027 for what that is worth.

We still cannot afford that, or perhaps more accurately, don’t wish to pay that (given it would need to come from additional investment). So we are looking at players who haven’t reached that valuation yet that have some attributes we can work with and trusting our staff to coach the improvement. Not saying we will or we won’t achieve that goal but it’s probably a wise strategy if the players identified can improve and our coaches are capable of delivering that.

The next important part will be to edge closer to the play-off race so we don’t get half a season of these players looking like something approaching the finished article before selling them a la the two AS’s and countless others before them.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Only a matter of time now isn’t it, why as a club do we seem to let the cat out the bag on deals only for them not to come off

How do you know it was City who let the cat out of the bag?

How do you know it wasn't QPR?

How do you know it wasn't the player or his agent?

We haven't signed Sinayoko or Kulenovic because we don't have the money to meet the asking price. Nothing to do with letting cats out of bags.

Engage your brain.  

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We haven't signed Sinayoko or Kulenovic because we don't have the money to meet the asking price. Nothing to do with letting cats out of bags.

Engage your brain.  

We do have the money’ sl just won’t spend it .

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Engage your brain.  

How about you have a think about how we conducted business when Pearson was manager, realistic targets that got done with little to no drama, it’s been scattergun this summer to say the least. Multiple targets gone for and alright fair point we cannot afford, so why did we waste time on them. Not clear not clinical in the market at all. Almost like our recruitment team needed help from an experienced man to guide them to the level of footballer that was attainable.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes - "Our budget won't stretch to meet the asking price" would be more accurate.

A budget set by....the owner!  

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

With the help of FFP. 

We all have to adhere but we have more headroom than we are utilising IMO.

I reckon maybe we are or could be £10-15m maybe a bit more ahead of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashton Fete said:

Don’t blame the cutter and paster 😂

Never, blaming the WLS writer.

15 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I have no idea if that's true, but I'd be careful about reading too much into it given the small sample size and the fact that our good run of form towards the end of the season aligned with us having statistically the easiest set of fixtures of any team in the league.

There were lots of things going on in those games to disseminate that it was more than the positive effect of one player.  Can get into the correlation / causation argument here very easily.  You could add game state when entering the field of play and when leaving it too, e.g:

West Brom - a defeat, yet was already 0-2 when he went on ✅ 

Leicester - nil-nil when he went off, win 1-0 ❌

Other things:

Knight playing in midfield gave us a different dimension behind him

What looked to be a nighters intent to press higher in some games

etc, etc.

There were some elements of his game I liked, e.g. he was good at finding space, gave us a killer-ball option

There were bits I didn’t, e.g. weak in the challenge / poor under close marking, gave up possession too easily

My overall opinion is that you’d have to give him complete license / be a totally free-spirit to get the best out of him, and…I’m not convinced the benefits outweigh the risks to the team.  If we were Burnley with a better supporting cast I think you can do that.

If Manning - the decision maker in all of this (assume we agree a fee with Burnley at some point!!) wants him, then that’s fine by me.  Some judgement will be linked to the price we end up paying too.  I’d love to know the alternatives though!

But as I love my spreadsheets / data, here’s Twiney’s on the pitch contribution:

v Watford 1-1 🟡 90 ⚽

v West Brom 0-0 🟡 22

v Leicester 0-0 🟡 61

v Plymouth 1-0 🟢 82

v Sunderland 0-0 🟡 77

v Blackburn 2-0 🟢 71

v Huddersfield 1-1 🟡 90

v Norwich 1-1 🟡 81

v Rotherham 2-0 🟢 81 ⚽

v Stoke 0-4 🔴 90

P10 W3 D6 L1 GF7 GA7 Pts15

(Full results P10 W4 D4 L2 GF12 GA9 Pts16)

+++++

It’ll be what it’ll be.  I’m pretty ambivalent at the £2m-£2.5m mark.

26 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

How about you have a think about how we conducted business when Pearson was manager, realistic targets that got done with little to no drama, it’s been scattergun this summer to say the least. Multiple targets gone for and alright fair point we cannot afford, so why did we waste time on them. Not clear not clinical in the market at all. Almost like our recruitment team needed help from an experienced man to guide them to the level of footballer that was attainable.

How many times did Pearson try to sign a striker from a French team just promoted to Ligue 1 or from the biggest team in Croatia?

Or anyone from Japan?

He signed players from Oxford, Carlisle, Wycombe, Luton.

Which is a darn sight less complicated than what we're trying to do this summer.

You think signing Andy King was as complicated as signing Hirakawa from Japan?

Deary me.

And it hasn't been scattergun - we had a clear list (there are posters on here who knew the names yonks ago) and we've worked our way through it because - guess what? - not every deal you want to strike comes off - for a million and one reasons. Twas ever thus and nothing to do with being incompetent. 

So as I said... 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

How many times did Pearson try to sign a striker from a French team just promoted to Ligue 1 or from the biggest team in Croatia?

Or anyone from Japan?

He signed players from Oxford, Carlisle, Wycombe, Luton etc.

Which is a darn sight less complicated than what we're trying to do this summer.

You think signing Andy King was as complicated as signing Hirakawa from Japan?

Deary me.

So as I said... 

perhaps Pearson was aware of where we are as a club in the food chain. Tinnion and Gilhespy playing football manager by the looks of the scattergun summer we are having

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 4

55 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Football is played on spreadsheets, football manager is basically excel the game...... 😀

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

FFP

FFP no, we are spending the least  we can on untried foreign or young ones hoping and  praying  one comes off & we can sell on a profit in a year or two.  Lansdowns orders and Tinman doing his best to oblige & keep his job he's not qualified  to do .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm a 57 year old ex rugby player with shot knees but even I've found my boots just in case Tins calls! 😉

The boots will be ok as long as you’ve still got your tin of dubbin

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The boots will be ok as long as you’ve still got your tin of dubbin

And the bottle of liniment.

Those dressing rooms used to stink back then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

59 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

We do have the money’ sl just won’t spend it .

We really don’t have it. It’s like having a credit card in SL’s name. Money coming in pays some of it off so we can spend a bit more but if we spend everything that comes in then the debt doesn’t get paid off at all and that just racks up ever increasing debt. The reality is that our credit limit has been reduced in recent years by overspending when MA was here. Just because I have a £10k limit on my credit card doesn’t mean that I have money or that I should spend up to the limit. We are a club still racking up massive debts each month so let’s not blame Steve for reigning in the excessive spending of his money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

FFP

Yes and no IMO.

I'll do my workings on the main FFP thread but reckon we could even stretch to a £4-5m striker without causing ourselves any notable problems.

If we are seeking to be in a position where are clear of FFP at all times and any Profit on Disposal of Players can be treated as a bonus then yeah FFP is notably more apparent.

Likewise the new much vaunted 70% Rule.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

We really don’t have it. It’s like having a credit card in SL’s name. Money coming in pays some of it off so we can spend a bit more but if we spend everything that comes in then the debt doesn’t get paid off at all and that just racks up ever increasing debt. The reality is that our credit limit has been reduced in recent years by overspending when MA was here. Just because I have a £10k limit on my credit card doesn’t mean that I have money or that I should spend up to the limit. We are a club still racking up massive debts each month so let’s not blame Steve for reigning in the excessive spending of his money. 

Shock football club losing money’ if he no longer wants to cover losses perhaps he could reduce the asking price for the club to something near realistic’ he’s partly to blame for our losses isn’t he .

• Like 4

3 hours ago, IAmNick said:

This is spot on, and I think there is a lot of revisionism over Twine. The one excellent game in his loan spell was against an already relegated Rotherham - and as has been said, we know he can tear apart league one teams.

Thinking on the games he had, he was decent, no more, against Leicester, poor against Plymouth and Stoke (although allowances as last game and part of an overall poor performance), Watford it was something like 44% pass completion and he was abysmal and disinterested against Huddersfield.

The last eight games showed a change in approach overall to be more “front foot” and we got results - but probably ones that outstripped performances - and I would argue the correlation is not causation card. It’s hard to argue we deserved the point in both Sunderland and Huddersfield (and although we won on intent vs Leicester Vardy should have seen it out of sight) and anyone saying he’s the top six difference maker when we were generally average with him in the side in a favourable run is a bit overly optimistic.

At this point he’s a league one proven player whose last good season was two years ago at that level. And both my eyes and the stats say that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Bcfc24 said:

All of these targets we're speculation, we may not even have been in for them. The Croatian bloke clearly had reservations about going to the UK too and apparently used City to bump up his wages. Don't think you can use these 'targets' as a stick to beat the club with.

Now Mebude on the other hand...

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

3 Goals and 4 Assists in 25 Games for Hull or was it 4 and 3.

Not the only metric but a starting point. Is that a high enough return?

I think the other thing Pops, as I don’t think the stats show a “can’t miss” signing (particularly one that takes set pieces) is that if Twine is that special a signing and there appears to be consensus he’s likely to be available, why aren’t Burnley beating off suitors with a shitty stick? The only teams seemingly in for him are us and a league one team. 

Acknowledge that not all teams may need a number 10 or can afford him but if he’s the top six tipping point at this level as has been said, the lack of interest is unusual at least (and “but he wants to join us” is not an argument there - if Norwich came in for example and made him a key man he’s straight there)

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Jesus I clicked on here to see if we were signing anyone and saw this was hot,turns out it’s a load of old nonsense with people clutching at straws 

Your new to otib I take it ? 😉

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Crimson Crayola said:

All of these targets we're speculation, we may not even have been in for them. The Croatian bloke clearly had reservations about going to the UK too and apparently used City to bump up his wages. Don't think you can use these 'targets' as a stick to beat the club with.

Now Mebude on the other hand...

The eye catching post on Stoke forum about Armstrong was ‘ he looks **** ‘ 😳

Just now, Cov 77 said:

The eye catching post on Stoke forum about Armstrong was ‘ he looks **** ‘ 😳

Rhymed with bank 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

3 Goals and 4 Assists in 25 Games for Hull or was it 4 and 3 was his other number for the season.

Not the only metric but a starting point. Is that a high enough return?

I mean how can you know? Played on the left but was he asked to be more of a winger than playmaker? Did he take all their set pieces? I know Tufan takes a lot. Were they more focused down the other side with Philogene or someone else? 

I genuinely don’t know but I think so many factors go into it that it is impossible to say that isn’t a good enough return or say it is a great return. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the other thing Pops, as I don’t think the stats show a “can’t miss” signing (particularly one that takes set pieces) is that if Twine is that special a signing and there appears to be consensus he’s likely to be available, why aren’t Burnley beating off suitors with a shitty stick? The only teams seemingly in for him are us and a league one team. 

Acknowledge that not all teams may need a number 10 or can afford him but if he’s the top six tipping point at this level as has been said, the lack of interest is unusual at least (and “but he wants to join us” is not an argument there - if Norwich came in for example and made him a key man he’s straight there)

Sunderland were credited with an interest e.g. one stage Silvio, Idk if they still are.

I agree he isn't a must must have, in some ways stats I wouldn't mind a go for Swift- albeit age and cost would make it a no. We are possibly better with Twine without but he isn't a guarantee etc. (Well nobody is but as close as we can get).

Twine to Conway I get. Twine to Sinclair? Who knows. Twine to Fally? Again who knows.

Norwich I think could be caught by certain Financial Forecast rules atm, a few clubs will be. Not us.

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

You and @cheese need to keep an eye on Ian Gay's tweets for a cryptic heads up. Just make sure your phone is charged & tell Tins to do one if he offers under ¥10k per week. Tip: If your counter demand is higher than his offer, Tins will use his special negotiating powers (Jon) to bid you up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Shock football club losing money’ if he no longer wants to cover losses perhaps he could reduce the asking price for the club to something near realistic’ he’s partly to blame for our losses isn’t he .

He is, but, LJ/Ashton debacle aside, it's de rigueur to lose £300K plus a week in The Championship. It's absobloodylutely mental.