IGNORED

Sinclair Armstrong - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

GabrielM

Didn’t expect this deal to get the Fabrizio Romano treatment, but great news. Thats as good as a cert (I’ve said it now). Medical and photos tomorrow morning, announcement tomorrow evening? 

Edited by BCFCGav
Spelling, grammar, all sorts.

Just now, BCFCGav said:

Didn’t expect this deal to get the Fabricio Romano treatment, but great news. Thats as good as a cert (I’ve said it now). Medical and photos tomorrow morning, announcement tomorrow evening? 

In the process of finding out the ins and outs 

13 hours ago, HengroveReds said:

Down to the player to choose between Stoke or us! This one will be interesting. Previously worked with Jon Walter’s at youth level (technical director Stoke) could be a big factor. 

F

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Marvellous. Thats 4 of the 75 goals we need next season sorted! 😂

Fab has spoken. Done deal it seems. But do we wait officially for the voice of reason….Ian 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

Right then chaps some intel to brighten up your Wednesday evening.

The club were informed tonight that Sinclair has chosen us. Not a clue re Wages etc

Medical attempting to be booked for tomorrow - club want to get it over the line before friendlies on Tuesday.

No idea on the announcement, presumably tomorrow evening if the medical does actually happen…

No update re Twine. He is still the n1 target and the final ‘Piece’ to the puzzle.

Peace and love,

Ched x

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Is this Fabrizio bloke reliable? 

No mate he isnt. He has 21.4m people following him on twitter because hes full of shit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Facepalm 1

22 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Didn’t expect this deal to get the Fabrizio Romano treatment, but great news. Thats as good as a cert (I’ve said it now). Medical and photos tomorrow morning, announcement tomorrow evening? 

He tweeted about Reuben McAllister leaving us and joining Hibs a couple of years ago. Now that was random!

14 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Right then chaps some intel to brighten up your Wednesday evening.

The club were informed tonight that Sinclair has chosen us. Not a clue re Wages etc

Medical attempting to be booked for tomorrow - club want to get it over the line before friendlies on Tuesday.

No idea on the announcement, presumably tomorrow evening if the medical does actually happen…

No update re Twine. He is still the n1 target and the final ‘Piece’ to the puzzle.

Peace and love,

Ched x

No mate he isnt. He has 21.4m people following him on twitter because hes full of shit.

It’s funny, I was at a wedding with lots of well known journalists recently and he isn’t well liked! Can’t say where he gets them from! Sorry cheddar I’ve quoted you by mistake! I meant Fab!! 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 1

Exciting signing. I hope a lot of the £2.5m is based on performance related bonuses, but on paper could be a shrewd signing. Hopefully can get him over the line and looking forward to seeing him at Aldershot!

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’m not on Twitter….or X. 

He's known as being the most reliable source on twitter, has a very good reliability rate.

Especially at our level, he wouldn't be highlighting it unless it was a definite 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

It’s funny, I was at a wedding with lots of well known journalists recently and he isn’t well liked! Can’t say where he gets them from! Sorry cheddar I’ve quoted you by mistake! I meant Fab!! 

Was about to say similar.  He’s created this transfer persona (fair play) that makes Kaveh and Dharma look like amateurs, but he’s often paid to put out stories to unsettle clubs and create moves too.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Was gunna say :laugh:

Fab is the biggest in the space. Very big headed though, big ego and stinking rich. Most reliable man though, him and IMO Ornstien

4 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Exciting update. Believe fee is less than 2.5m. 

My guess is that circa £2.5m put out there is inclusive of add-ons, and therefore fee is less, maybe as low as £1.5m.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My guess is that circa £2.5m put out there is inclusive of add-ons, and therefore fee is less, maybe as low as £1.5m.

Oh yeah 100%. Ive been told that the fee isnt actually 2.5m including add ons. Considering he has a year left you would hope so anyway.

Think flat fee is what u suggested Fevs, around the 1-1.5m mark.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
55 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Oh yeah 100%. Ive been told that the fee isnt actually 2.5m including add ons. Considering he has a year left you would hope so anyway.

Think flat fee is what u suggested Fevs, around the 1-1.5m mark.

And the “good” news is that having saved some money on the £2.5m we had previously been bidding for number 9s, we can add that to our Twine offer and overpay there 😅

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

Be interesting to see how Conway responds to city bringing in 2 strikers. hopefully in a positive way and he fights for his place. if we get Twinne we will have a very good squad. 

I think the fact that we're bringing in 2 strikers (aged 21 and 22) is very strong evidence that Conway won't be here come the end of the transfer window.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fly in the air said:

Be interesting to see how Conway responds to city bringing in 2 strikers. hopefully in a positive way and he fights for his place. if we get Twinne we will have a very good squad. 

he will probably get injured until december then remarkably put in a few performances similar to haaland. get himself a june deal then get crocked again

I just took a look at the Stoke forum to see how their fans are reacting, there a bright bunch arn't they :laugh: One said he probably wants to stay living in London so chose us he probably doesnt realise that Bristol is not in London its 2.5 hours away. The ones that were really excited a few days ago are now posting Not too bothered anyway he looked shite Same old comments how can a club like us beat the mighty Stoke to a player. Well having 4 of his Irish squad members here probably helps a lot Also our state of the art training facilities must have impressed him  Also direct flights from Bristol Airport to Ireland where nearest airport to Stoke is Manchester

• Haha 2

whatever the fee, get excited and get behind this lad cause the sky is his limit, all the attributes to play at the top level (hopefully with us). Get behind him and the new boys, trust manning and co

not many young strikers around with his build / pace / power! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Fabrizio Romano thinks he’s coming to us???

6F17EC94-6CA0-42E3-8145-32ECFFA3B077.png

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wonder if the bit about Stoke needing to trade a bit was true, either way we seem to have won this one.

Anyone else getting déjà vu? 🤔

• Haha 1

I’m pretty sure I posted this earlier, but imho, we’ve missed Antoine Semenyo massively since he went to Bournemouth 18 months ago. Even when he left he wasn’t the finished article, was a bit erratic, but he gave us something very different.

At the time the only player out there that I thought was a realistic replacement was Ogbene.  We tried to sign him, but Rotherham wouldn’t budge.  Luton got him last summer as a PL club.

Prior to that I liked Daniel Udoh at Shrewsbury but a bad injury that cost him a season ruled that out, and I think he’d have been a bit of a gamble anyway.  And before that I liked the Reading-Meite, not the one I now see at Cardiff, who just goes around fouling defenders.  He had cheese-string hamstrings so was never a serious consideration.

Physical, but explosively paced strikers aren’t two-a-penny and the only player I’ve seen since that could fit the bill is Sinclair Armstrong.  I tweeted this on 14th June:

it got the thumbs up from Ian Rossiter, (ex-City coach / scout) who is now at Man Utd, so that’s a good sign.

Do I think he’s as good as Semenyo, nope, obviously not.  Do I think he’s as good as Semenyo at a comparable age, nope, but not much difference.  For me it’s a signing I can get right behind, but will require a bit of patience whilst those rough edges are polished.

I completely get why some will be hugely underwhelmed, and there will also be concern that our strike force this season will be relying on a 21 and 22 year old, both new to the club.

My own thought is that this signing, along with Mayulu’s transfer, reduces the necessity of Twine.  I doubt think that’ll be the same thinking as inside the HPC, but that’s just me.

Hope we get a bit more news on this today.

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, BCFCJK93 said:

3 down, 1 to go. Suspect Conway will need to be sold later in the window before we can stump up the cash for Twine to achieve all 4 targeted positions

Worst case scenario the club hedge their accounts to account for a compensation fee if he doesn’t go in this window or January

TC will struggle to get much game time now so the club need to find a suitor in this window to optimise his value which is around £1.5m

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He is more of a Semenyo type, goals and assists.

Semenyo wasn't all about the Goals he was a blend- Pace and Power, some Goals, Assists and able to play central and wider.

This sounds like if Monty Python did a Semenyo version of the Spanish Inquisition sketch!

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m pretty sure I posted this earlier, but imho, we’ve missed Antoine Semenyo massively since he went to Bournemouth 18 months ago. Even when he left he wasn’t the finished article, was a bit erratic, but he gave us something very different.

At the time the only player out there that I thought was a realistic replacement was Ogbene.  We tried to sign him, but Rotherham wouldn’t budge.  Luton got him last summer as a PL club.

Prior to that I liked Daniel Udoh at Shrewsbury but a bad injury that cost him a season ruled that out, and I think he’d have been a bit of a gamble anyway.  And before that I liked the Reading-Meite, not the one I now see at Cardiff, who just goes around fouling defenders.  He had cheese-string hamstrings so was never a serious consideration.

Physical, but explosively paced strikers aren’t two-a-penny and the only player I’ve seen since that could fit the bill is Sinclair Armstrong.  I tweeted this on 14th June:

it got the thumbs up from Ian Rossiter, (ex-City coach / scout) who is now at Man Utd, so that’s a good sign.

Do I think he’s as good as Semenyo, nope, obviously not.  Do I think he’s as good as Semenyo at a comparable age, nope, but not much difference.  For me it’s a signing I can get right behind, but will require a bit of patience whilst those rough edges are polished.

I completely get why some will be hugely underwhelmed, and there will also be concern that our strike force this season will be relying on a 21 and 22 year old, both new to the club.

My own thought is that this signing, along with Mayulu’s transfer, reduces the necessity of Twine.  I doubt think that’ll be the same thinking as inside the HPC, but that’s just me.

Twine or a 10 is a necessity and a position we need to fill. None of the transfers to date or what we have in the squad fit that profile 

Just now, INCRED said:

Twine or a 10 is a necessity and a position we need to fill. None of the transfers to date or what we have in the squad fit that profile 

Just my opinion.  I think with the players already here, it’s not as important.

• Like 1

Thoughts! Watch Link below - very clicky it’s in my head!

LYRICS Below

“Oh manning said  “We’ve got to sign this Irish Wonderkid",

Oooooh words can’t describe, 
When we see him in the red and white,

He looks so fine,

Scoring goals all the time

That’s why we'll sing this song, 
For Sinclair Armstrong!#

Ohhhhh oh oooohh oh

https://m.facebook.com/empireofthekop/videos/stuart-armstrong-song/10155631353356132/

• Like 1

Either stokes, bird, knight, benarous and even mehmeti can play the 10. My concern by not having twine is we would lose the dead ball quality that we’ve missed for a long time. His quality at corners actually makes us deadly with the likes of dickie in the box. 

7 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Either stokes, bird, knight, benarous and even mehmeti can play the 10. My concern by not having twine is we would lose the dead ball quality that we’ve missed for a long time. His quality at corners actually makes us deadly with the likes of dickie in the box. 

Square pegs, round holes.

12 minutes ago, BLRed said:

I'm repeating myself again but I'm ambivalent towards Twine. If we can't get a deal done within the next week fcs let's move on. I think 4 of those mentioned above could play the role, I'm not convinced about Mehmeti as while he sometime played as a no. 10 at Wycombe he's in the Championship now (we hope in the top 6) and I don't think his passing is good enough at this level. As for dead ball situations if a Championship midfielder can't take a corner what's he doing on the pitch. Only James Ward Prowse scores goals regularly from direct free kicks. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
  • Like 2

Really like this signing as I think someone with that pace and power opens up styles of play significantly whether that be balls over the top, hold up, through balls or direct running which is something we’ve missed since AS left

Finishing can be worked on like with AS as when he started playing minutes in the first time he was very raw and I doubted whether he’d break through and look where he took his career year on year. 

• Like 3

Do you think we could see Wells or Cornick shipped out? If Conway runs down contract and stays for the season that’ll be 1 season with 5 out and out strikers, plus bell. 

can’t help but feel they will try and shift on Cornick to free up some wages / space. 

especially as manning looks to play 1 striker too

Fally, Conway, Cornick, Wells, Armstrong

Edited by HengroveReds

Are you all happy with this one?

He's either going to be superb and end up in the Premier League or be the next Frank Nouble with very little in between for me. I've seen him have games where he looked a real handful but then others when he looked absolutely dreadful with no technical ability at all. A challenge for Manning to improve and get the best out of I guess.

I see that it’s Tinnions sons birthday today and he’s used that as a potential little clue to a new signing (presumably Sinclair Armstrong) by posting a picture of JT outside the HPC saying and quote “happy birthday JT I think we will enjoy it”

or am I reading into this too much??

• Haha 2

Tinnion just tweeted wishing our assistant manager a happy birthday and said “I think we will enjoy it”

Sounds like the usual language he uses when we’ve got a signing incoming

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Do you think we could see Wells or Cornick shipped out? If Conway runs down contract and stays for the season that’ll be 1 season with 5 out and out strikers, plus bell. 

can’t help but feel they will try and shift on Cornick to free up some wages / space. 

especially as manning looks to play 1 striker too

Fally, Conway, Cornick, Wells, Armstrong

Every year 1 player comes back to training a different beast !!  Just imagine if finally we seen a player in Cornick we all hoped for?

I always cast my mind back to Bobby Reid who undoubtedly had potential, but it wasn’t until Lee Johnson made the at the time strange decision to play him up top that we seen anything like what he could and has been.

I’m not for one minute saying this will be Cornick, but I do believe that he has had quite a difficult start to his City career and hasn’t got going due to being unfit when signed,  Change of manager half way through last season, and then a different way of playing last year.  

At times I seen signs of him being a really awkward sod to manage when he played up top alone.  Especially in the last 20 or 30 of games.

Now 5 subs are allowed players that can come on and impact in ways like this are almost as important as your first x1.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dan11 said:

Are you all happy with this one?

He's either going to be superb and end up in the Premier League or be the next Frank Nouble with very little in between for me. I've seen him have games where he looked a real handful but then others when he looked absolutely dreadful with no technical ability at all. A challenge for Manning to improve and get the best out of I guess.

I always feel that the temptation with players like this is to play at 100% all the time, where with their strength and power they could probably be just as effective at 95% and that's a level where their control gets better.

As for how OTIB feels, you can see from the posts on here which swing from "if we want him, just pay the money" to "why are we spending so much on him?"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Fevs if you could ditch the Twine pursuit, but could still bring one more in, what type of player do you think the squad would benefit from?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Dave.....you are the all seeing Oracle....A Bristol City Bhagwan!   Lets all hope that he fulfills his potential? 

On 15/07/2024 at 19:09, GrahamC said:

Understatement..

However I do get the logic, the guy possesses all the requirements, strong, quick, at 21 plenty of time to improve.

Plus he’s Irish, which means he’ll know about 5 of our squad (Rob Dickie from QPR).

Ends all this “Lansdown is going to heavily back Manning” nonsense too..

He played for a very poor QPR side in a lot of these games who have been in far more turmoil on the pitch than we have been.

a change of scenery for the lad and a different style, which I very much hope we will be playing to suit his style as he’s a Manning signing will work wonders.

This is a signing that I am very positive about, and comparisons to Semenyo excite me as in the early days he was raw and somewhat poor to a lot of our fans but once he learned to use his strengths in the correct areas he has turned into a Premier League talent.

Please don’t knock the lad before he’s kicked a ball for us!

• Like 2