IGNORED

Palmer-Houlden to Dundee (Loan): Updates

Bcfc24

2 hours ago, BCFC1512 said:

Honestly think we may regret letting him out on loan this season!

16 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

4 goals for SPH so far this season.

Please someone tell me we have the option to bring him back in January!!?

8 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

We do...

If the kid continues to get on the end of things and we need the extra fire power for the run in, this could turn out to be a very good loan. 

A lot can happen in the next few months, but I’m hoping this thread runs and runs! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

If the kid continues to get on the end of things and we need the extra fire power for the run in, this could turn out to be a very good loan. 

A lot can happen in the next few months, but I’m hoping this thread runs and runs! 

I love your optimism that we will be near the top at Xmas.

With no experienced goal scoring striker, other than Wells, I worry.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I love your optimism that we will be near the top at Xmas.

With no experienced goal scoring striker, other than Wells, I worry.

I’m a City fundamentalist! I’m always optimistic at the beginning of the season. Prior to the knife being stuck in my soul! 😂 

The management and board have spent some money and taken risks that haven’t been afforded since LJ was buying clubs for his bag. 

My personal opinion is Yu may be a big signing. I liked the look of Bird too. 

We will need goals from everywhere and have “a modicum” of faith that some research was done into our forward options! 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Colemanballs said:

There's a lot of praise for young Seb on the Dundee forum in the latest match day thread, a 3-1 win over Hearts.

https://www.thedarkblues.co.uk/topic/35878-hearts-home-10th-aug-2024-match-thread/page/22/#comments

They seem to like him a lot.

Yes I was going to link this myself on Saturday, there are pretty positive about the whole team right now, so might be worth waiting until they drop a couple of games. 

Interesting that one poster describes SPH as a "beast" already.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2024 at 15:36, 1960maaan said:

Exactly 

I hope the service to him improves. Seemed to make a few decent runs and took up some good positions , but that final ball was poor. So many underhit passes to runners in the box, specially early. Maybe having a local derby on the opening day played a part , we shall see. 
Debut goal on the opening day of the season, against your local rivals, is none too shabby though. 

Making runs as a forward that no one in midfield picks up is perfect experience for playing for us!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Went off injured later on.

Yes I have jumped on the Dundee forum and they were telling me. There is hope it’s not serious, as someone said he’s become an important player for them. Hopefully Armstrong who looks like an utter steal and Fally, who I think will be playing in the prem in a year already, stay fit, but a recall option in December I hope is written in!

• Hmmm 1

20 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

SPH will get a crack at Glasgow Rangers at Ibrox in the Scottish Cup. Sep 21/22 I believe! 

Hopefully his injury from yesterday isn’t serious!

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Injury??

Just a tweak apparently, taken off for his own protection. They didn't really need him to beat Airdrie 6-1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Just a tweak apparently, taken off for his own protection. They didn't really need him to beat Airdrie 6-1.

In line with the social media trend of a while ago:

Seb to camera: "I'm a Bristol City player, of course I injure my hamstring" 😅

He's done well but so far he's played against sides of top of L1/lower Championship at best. I think he can score at a level beyond that but he needs to continue to score consistently for Dundee first. Unless we suffer injuries to our front line, or some catastrophic lack of form, I would not look to bring him back in January and would keep him at Dundee for the season. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

A lot, settled in really well & been made to feel very welcome by team mates & staff.

Good to hear Graham, the fans love him too, saw one post wondering if he is outside their price range for a permanent move (yes), and they all love the fact that he has hit the ground running from day one.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

A lot, settled in really well & been made to feel very welcome by team mates & staff.

Cool! Big cup game away at Rangers to look forward to now, no doubt some support from Brizz may make it up there!!!

Dundee forum is very impressed I’ve been told he’s a big player for them now! 

Edited by REDOXO

Having seen a bit of SPH playing for Dundee and then seeing how Fally and Sincs have started the season, I have to congratulate Tins and Co for making the decision to send SPH on loan. No disrespect to SPH, but at the moment he is a level below F and S. He will learn far more playing for Dundee than being on the bench (at best) here and hopefully will have developed into a genuine challenger for a starting spot with us next season. Well done all!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NDW4CITY said:

Having seen a bit of SPH playing for Dundee and then seeing how Fally and Sincs have started the season, I have to congratulate Tins and Co for making the decision to send SPH on loan. No disrespect to SPH, but at the moment he is a level below F and S. He will learn far more playing for Dundee than being on the bench (at best) here and hopefully will have developed into a genuine challenger for a starting spot with us next season. Well done all!

@GrahamC am I right in thinking it was Seb’s decision himself (club supported him either way)?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Cool! Big cup game away at Rangers to look forward to now, no doubt some support from Brizz may make it up there!!!

Dundee forum is very impressed I’ve been told he’s a big player for them now! 

When are Rangers due to be back at Ibrox ??.....assume it would be before this fixture?

1 hour ago, Son of Fred said:

When are Rangers due to be back at Ibrox ??.....assume it would be before this fixture?

Good point. Dont know. Rangers away I should say. They latest is they are pushing for before the end of September. Still great experience either way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Having seen a bit of SPH playing for Dundee and then seeing how Fally and Sincs have started the season, I have to congratulate Tins and Co for arranging the move and for SPH making the decision to go. No disrespect to SPH, but at the moment he is a level below F and S. He will learn far more playing for Dundee than being on the bench (at best) here and hopefully will have developed into a genuine challenger for a starting spot with us next season. Well done all!

Yep.

Modified my post......🤣

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@GrahamC am I right in thinking it was Seb’s decision himself (club supported him either way)?

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yep.

Only at Bristol City could players block their own pathway by deciding to go on loan... :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

On 19/08/2024 at 13:45, Port Said Red said:

Good to hear Graham, the fans love him too, saw one post wondering if he is outside their price range for a permanent move (yes), and they all love the fact that he has hit the ground running from day one.

It is the way of modern football and the concentration of riches in the 'large major footballing nations' that mean the reality for Dundee is that despite being arguably the 6th or 7th largest club in Scotland, they would be shopping in the League 1-National League market for permanent signings.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Showed big kahunas to step in injury time, trailing by a goal.

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Another pen though only time the boy scores a goal.

We will see now he will playing much more counter attacking football. 

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Boro forum pretty praiseworthy of his performance generally too.

They haven't had much sample size to go off though have they. They will soon see conway for me is massively over rated and over hyped by some on here due to him being from the academy.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I was at Easter Road today in the Dundee end. 

Unfortunately Seb had an afternoon to forget. Started off OK making some promising runs down the right and I was impressed with his tracking back. He can certainly shift.

But as the half wore on he was poor defensively, getting beaten easily, and also had some really poor touches up top where he lost the ball. 

Dundee played really well, and should have been out of sight. Then their second goal came, but was ruled offside- and it was Seb who was narrowly ruled offside. Maybe not him entirely to blame but kind of summed up his half. 

I should say this was in the context of Hibs being absolutely awful too, and being booed by their own fans.

Hibs equalised via Boyle with a cracking free kick right in front of us.

Second half, Hibs came into the game more. And Dundee were mostly breaking down the left so Seb wasn't involved much.

Just before he was subbed off he did have a chance, with a shot at goal from a narrow angle. He did well to get the shot away. 

But yeah, he looked off the standard today in a game between two sides that would struggle in the Championship big time. 

Dundee's  no. 17 McGowan best player on the park and ironically joining Hibs this week apparently. 

Great support from Dundee, well over a thousand I think. They had to open another block in the away end shortly after kick off. 

20240824_152944.jpg

20240824_145602.jpg

20240824_150019.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6