IGNORED

Come on, England

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I had a feeling he was just off but..

It was one of those that you don't even celebrate in hope.

Great ball from Kane though. Maybe there is some hope.

• Like 2

For me, the minimum had to be TAA and Shaw for the full backs and Gordon or Eze for Foden. 

I’d strongly consider making all five changes and getting Palmer and Toney on too. A massive role of the dice but why keep things the same if they are not working?

• Like 3

Just now, Davefevs said:

We have width just lack of penetration 

Width just standing there maybe. Saka has to cut back and Foden hasn't tried to go outside while Tripier is scared too.

1 minute ago, Markthehorn said:

Played for us for a season ..

That is the excuse if we don’t turn it around .

No second yellow for Kucka.

Yep got the experience..Nagy was with us, I blame that for Hungary beating us twice in Nations League!

Pekarik also 37, right back- two key weaknesses to really hone in on but will we.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Would anyone want Southgate at City manager?

Not convinced by him at club level but you have to deny reality completely to pretend a manager who has delivered a semi final, a final and a quarter final in three successive tournaments is anything other than our second most effective manager. His record is better than Robson, Venables or anyone else but Sir Alf.

Unless things change then his reign will end in embarrassing disappointment but he has done a better job than most in the role. And, in 2018 and 2022, he did it with teams that were not rated before the tournament. Crap though this is, let’s not pretend reality is not reality in order to make a point.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

They must have changed the criteria for yellow cards since the first half, if that challenge on Rice is anything to go by.

I'd thank my lucky stars as Slovakia manager and take Kucka off asap if I was them.

Puts me in mind of a couple of games vs us whereby Tettey had 3 2nd yellows, didn't get booked and Farke subbed him. 2018.

Or a Fulham midfielder similar but Silva had the chance to sub him 2021.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous