IGNORED

Come on, England

What has been noticeable throughout the tournament is the number of teams that, when they win the ball back, break forward at pace with as few as possible quick positive passes , get numbers forward and thereby stretch the opposition defence and isolate defenders.

By comparison, Southgate is using the Bristol City playbook, so when we win the ball back our approach play is laboured, predictable, uses far too many across and back passes, allowing the opposition all the time in the world to regroup, get men behind the ball and back into shape. 

Other teams seem prepared to take a risk going forward. England's play reflects Southgate, being very much safety first.

• Like 11

Just now, Super said:

Walker and Saka have been shocking.

For all the criticism of Southgate, far too many England players have performed way below the level they do for their clubs.

Yes, you can argue that Southgate's system isn't getting the best from some/many, but that doesn't excuse the lack of energy, running off the ball and failing to perform the basics.

• Like 1

The thing for me is I can forgive mistakes and poor performances but I find it very hard to forgive Southgate doing the same over and over again and expecting things to be different.

Our attack has looked unbalanced all tournament, as has our left side. The fact Southgate has persisted with the same players in poor performance after poor performance is unforgivable.

• Like 2