IGNORED

Come on, England

Just now, MelksRed said:

The difference in tempo of the building up is stark. We take 10 mins they get the ball, head down and on the edge of our box in seconds.....

It's because Trippier has gone off

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

If you use that argument I think pretty much every corner would result in a penalty. There is holding, shirt pulling and obstruction of players by defenders virtually every time that is routinely ignored by officials but would be a FK in open play.

I agree, and the reason that free kicks and corners are a free for all is because referees don't penalise the holding and shirt pulling. There was an initiative to do so a few seasons ago and that resulted in quite a few penalties being awarded, but managers started complaining and it died a death. 

The real problem is that free kicks in general are increasingly being awarded for absolutely nothing challenges - the more so when said challenge is followed by the challenged player performing all manner of gymastic rols, twists and truns , usually accompanied by clutching ankles, knees or head to encourage the referee to penalise the opponent.

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

I agree, and the reason that free kicks and corners are a free for all is because referees don't penalise the holding and shirt pulling. There was an initiative to do so a few seasons ago and that resulted in quite a few penalties being awarded, but managers started complaining and it died a death. 

The real problem is that free kicks in general are increasingly being awarded for absolutely nothing challenges - the more so when said challenge is followed by the challenged player performing all manner of gymastic rols, twists and truns , usually accompanied by clutching ankles, knees or head to encourage the referee to penalise the opponent.

Can't remember City getting them!

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

Looks like sent out with don't lose it rather than go win it.

Dutch have tightened up giving us no space.

Just now, Super said:

How?

Obviously Southgate told them to stop being so aggressive, we want less shots on targets, more backwards passes, and generally make it slower and shitter...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Super said:

How?

He told them to pass it sideways for 30 minutes before kicking it out for a throw in and losing it. 

Just now, IAmNick said:

Obviously Southgate told them to stop being so aggressive, we want less shots on targets, more backwards passes, and generally make it slower and shitter...

You don't think the Dutch have thought to do somrlething different?

Just now, Super said:

You don't think the Dutch have thought to do somrlething different?

Yeah obviously they did, they've made a good tactical change and totally stifled us - I don't really think Southgate said any of that for one second.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think Rice gets a bit of unfair flak at times but he is easily having his worst game of the tournament.

Game slows right down every time he touches it , he's not like that for his Club.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Game slows right down every time he touches it , he's not like that for his Club.

At his club he has Partey doing all the grunt work 

Edited by SecretSam

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

In fairness, I don’t feel he’s been (uniquely) culpable for that in the tournament to date. I think he is just having a bad game. But I also think he should be subbed for the reason.

Momentum with the Dutch at the moment. They have sharpened up this half and are not giving us the time and space we had first half.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Felt early on in the 2nd half something had changed a bit.

The offside call??

Palmer and Watkins for Foden and Kane.

Much as I complained about him, Trippier staying high up the pitch stifled the Dutch attacking on the right. Shaw has sat deeper and I think that’s a factor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Much as I complained about him, Trippier staying high up the pitch stifled the Dutch attacking on the right. Shaw has sat deeper and I think that’s a factor.

Fair comment