IGNORED

Come on, England

32 minutes ago, Offside said:

I’m very pleased we won (albeit undeservedly), but we don’t seem to have learned our lessons from the previous games. 

Tonight’s game has to be a massive wake up call for Southgate and the playing squad.

Cannot continue under the same approach for game 5

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Wot no pie chart?!

That’s the data analysts job.  His pie chart would be rectangular with four blue segments!

31 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Thats amazing how they all have the same name

On an old project team we have 9 Dave’s!  We were all of a similar ish age and all had unimaginative parents! 🤣

Even Javed had the letters Dave, so we used to call him J-Dave

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Paulton Red said:

hard to get excited about the next match with sOUThgate in charge 

Previous competitions I’ve been up the pub with around about 10 others. Every game, real buzz about it in the build up ect ect.  

After watching the first 2 group games in Ibiza I’ve not even thought about going out for it.  No one’s mentioning it ether, even in the lead up to the tournament. 

I might try and sort something for the next game, but tonight’s really not encouraging. 

20 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Tonight’s game has to be a massive wake up call for Southgate and the playing squad.

Cannot continue under the same approach for game 5

The last final vs Italy should have been that call, but obviously it wasn't. I think we can safely say that Southgate has not learned anything, nor is he likely to.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s the data analysts job.  His pie chart would be rectangular with four blue segments!

On an old project team we have 9 Dave’s!  We were all of a similar ish age and all had unimaginative parents! 🤣

Must have been the most popular name for those of a certain age. About 10-15 years ago in our Scooter Club meetings there was ;

Thornbury Dave,

Cool Dave,

Vespa Dave ,

Pet shop Dave . 

I think there were more but I forget. Like I say, popular name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Must have been the most popular name for those of a certain age. About 10-15 years ago in our Scooter Club meetings there was ;

Thornbury Dave,

Cool Dave,

Vespa Dave ,

Pet shop Dave . 

When David "Dave" James played for us, we decided every member of the team's middle name was Dave. It made us laugh anyway.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Thornbury Dave,

Cool Dave,

Vespa Dave ,

Pet shop Dave . 

Thanks for your post Cool Dave

Did Pet Shop Dave go on to anything? I know he loved that Hammond organ his Nan had at her place.

Edited by fairweather
Spelling

18 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Another horrendously display but you can say whatever you like about Southgate, he does seem to have a certain knack at getting results in major tournaments.. On another day we would have quite easily lost that game tonight..

He's trying damn hard at that. He will eventually come unstuck playing the same players with the same boring tactics. I think he wallpapers his fridge.

22 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Another horrendously display but you can say whatever you like about Southgate, he does seem to have a certain knack at getting results in major tournaments.. On another day we would have quite easily lost that game tonight..

And with a coach who could get that team to perform 60% as well as they do for their clubs, we could have won 5-1

Just woke up.

Did I dream we had a free kick just inside their half and some pillock passed it sideways to their forward and he nearly chipped Pickford, who’d seemingly abandoned his goalkeeping duties to admire the advanced positioning of some of his mates in the England team?

Yes, we won. Frankly, be embarrassed if we win the Tournament playing Southgate’s brand of anti-football. 

My greatest fear is with Manning we’ve appointed a manager from a similar ‘FA coaching manual’ background to Southgate. Football is about energy, craft, passion, excitement and harnessing those attributes to achieve positive outcomes. Southgate’s teams are devoid of any artistry or emotion. Just dull, dull, dull robotic movements with possession the king. Woeful. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

If you're Gareth Southgate then this morning you're making and taking Jude breakfast in bed and giving him a foot massage. Southgate was a goner until that magical goal by Jude. Truly special goal when the nation had lost all hope. 

Unbelievably we are now just the 3 wins away from winning the competition. But something needs to change and quickly. Unfortunately we won't sack Southgate mid tournament so instead I suggest we play Saka left back and Palmer right wing. 

Hopefully this unlikely win invigorates us. It's quite telling that there isn't the usual tournament buzz going around the country. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If you're Gareth Southgate then this morning you're making and taking Jude breakfast in bed and giving him a foot massage. Southgate was a goner until that magical goal by Jude. Truly special goal when the nation had lost all hope. 

Unbelievably we are now just the 3 wins away from winning the competition. But something needs to change and quickly. Unfortunately we won't sack Southgate mid tournament so instead I suggest we play Saka left back and Palmer right wing. 

Hopefully this unlikely win invigorates us. It's quite telling that there isn't the usual tournament buzz going around the country. 

I agree, but sadly with Guéhi out I feel caution will win out. 
Even if Southgate feels he has to change it a bit, I have a feeling he will stick to what he likes. He may end up with 3 RB's, but I don't see us starting Palmer and Gordon, or going with Toney along side Kane. At least not until about 10 minutes to go and 1-0 down again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Amazing how English people want England to lose. Bizarre 

It says a lot that the most active this thread has been is when it looked like England was going out.

Some English “fans” are pathetic. It wasn’t good but **** me don’t we just relish the opportunity to slag the team off. I have to laugh at the people who left early mind, they missed one hell of a goal to take it to extra time and for what, there wasn’t even any trouble getting out the ground after 🤣.

It’s not unique to England, same on here for City games. It’s significantly busier on here after a defeat.

12 hours ago, 2015 said:

Embarassing.

My flight to Germany is tomorrow too 🤦🏻‍♂️

I know it looked like we were going out when you posted this, but the atmospheres brilliant out here and you should be able to get tickets for England if you want them.

Been recommended this site, apparently legit.

https://www.ticombo.com/en/sports-tickets/football-tickets/match-40-round-of-16-england-vs-slovakia-euro-2024-2406301800/0eb197ec-eb4d-4baf-812e-c97d5edae807/filter

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Moronic how this country embraces naff so readilly and enthusiastically.

It was as much relief as celebration in the ground last night but a wins and win and if you can’t celebrate something like that then why even bother watching football? Do you not celebrate a city win if we’ve played badly?

Guess you weren’t at Millwall away last season?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It says a lot that the most active this thread has been is when it looked like England was going out.

Some English “fans” are pathetic. It wasn’t good but **** me don’t we just relish the opportunity to slag the team off. I have to laugh at the people who left early mind, they missed one hell of a goal to take it to extra time and for what, there wasn’t even any trouble getting out the ground after 🤣.

It’s not unique to England, same on here for City games. It’s significantly busier on here after a defeat.

I know it looked like we were going out when you posted this, but the atmospheres brilliant out here and you should be able to get tickets for England if you want them.

Been recommended this site, apparently legit.

https://www.ticombo.com/en/sports-tickets/football-tickets/match-40-round-of-16-england-vs-slovakia-euro-2024-2406301800/0eb197ec-eb4d-4baf-812e-c97d5edae807/filter

A lot of what you say about England fans is correct BUT what Southgate has produced this tournament is way below an acceptable standard. We play like dinosaurs compared to the other top nations and they are laughing at us when they are still awake……yet we have players who regularly produce way better than that. We might not be the best side at the tournament but are playing like one of the most clueless, down there with Scotland. It’s like lobbing the keys to a formula 1 racing car at your Nan.

Just take a look at what everyone in Europe says about us……hamstrung by a terrified coaching staff.

• Like 2