IGNORED

Come on, England

Congratulations Spain.

Good to see what can be achieved with offensive front foot football....

English game is too tippy tappy across the back and take 15 mins to go from box to box.  

Dinosaur No.9 on for too much of the game....a useless Statue. 

Bellingham and Foden well off their respective club form.....

We have progressed further than we should have.....been found out by a better team.... didn't really win any second balls, too happy to sit deep and invite the best team in the competition on to them in the LAST 10 MINUTES.

Luck has finally run out......

Warnock for England Manager 🤪...might have some guts about us then.

Rant over.....off to bed. 

• Haha 4
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Football is a momentum game and we lost it in the instant that we took a throw near their corner flag and it went all the way back to Pickford to pump it out for their goal kick 

We barely touched the ball thereafter 

I remember that. Bizarre decision making, just allowed them to regain control again. Foden should of been off earlier.

• Like 1

Our luck ran out, shame, with a decent manager we could of gave them a game, man for man we are as good as them but we have a totally inept manager, push the boat out to get a Pep, Klopp or Arteta, unfortunately I think we’ll end up with the current U21 manager

• Like 2

Bye bye Gareth. Let’s see he goes as a club manager again. I’m guessing not so great.

I think he’s a bit of a chicken.

And let’s not forget, another easy draw to the final.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

100% this. Totally pissed off - i cant even watch it. 

My piss was well and truly boiled, we were trying to deploy a low block, except really ******* woefully.  That's coaching all day long! We were on the front foot and we just started to sit back and concede possession.

Just now, Rossi the Robin said:

Southgate has worked wonders with the culture and unseen FA development but we probably need someone now with these players to take us forward without the brakes - a hard act to follow 

Now now mate, we should win every game under another man apparently, so I for one am very excited for either Potter or Howe to lead us to back to back World Cup & Euros!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Walker massively caught out for both goals. Those are the margins. 

He was tucking check Saka positioning v runners. Saka is in a different post code v Williams most of the night. 

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Football is a momentum game and we lost it in the instant that we took a throw near their corner flag and it went all the way back to Pickford to pump it out for their goal kick 

Yes, odd that Walker didn't lob it in the box near Rice, with BellIngham lurking behind. Pick ford only ended up lobbing towards the box but from a much poorer launching-it position 

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

If we'd had a more mobile centre forward we might have been able to press better, had an out ball from defence and been able to hold it up better.

Spain the better team, but think England has been hampered by Kanr playing throughout this tournament.

Agreed he's pretty much done **** all apart from getting a dubious penalty. Made to look good in the Bundesliga which is pretty much like the Scottish Prem in terms of only 2 or 3 teams that are truly competitive. Not his fault he's continuously picked though. 

Time for a reboot and a rethink on how we want England to play...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

That ******* defensive mindset ******* ruined England's chances of winning that game.  I hate Southgate we lump into a semi, do well in the semi and all is forgiven.  Bollocks that was a chance spurned and because of tactics and coaching.

My piss is well and truly boiled.

Oh why you moaning. It’s tournament football we are through that’s all that matters………… I moaned pretty much after every game because it’s ******* obvious what is coming. All that talent and we produce that. Predictable. 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Now now mate, we should win every game under another man apparently, so I for one am very excited for either Potter or Howe to lead us to back to back World Cup & Euros!

I’d take that as long as either totally changes the way Southgate tries to play, the players are there

Obviously gutted like most. It's the hope that kills you. Right back to heartbreak in the Championship 😅

It wasn't to be but looking forward to a new manager/fresh change with England down the line. 

That hurts, but not as much if we had been the better team and we weren’t.

Spain have consistently played far more exciting, skilful, adventurous and entertaining football than us. Despite us having the 3 top players in the European Leagues. If the likes of Kane - who didn’t just not turn up, but didn’t even get on the bus - Bellingham and Foden go missing is it the managers fault? Well, possibly for not subbing them early or having watched their performance not changed the system.

Think on the positive side that England’s ‘suffocate and have a couple of moments’ type of football will now not be adopted by the FA or English Clubs as our template. Hopefully, we can now enjoy a high skill, adventurous, brave and front-foot Spanish style of football for years to come.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

I wish some of you would just be honest and admit that Southgate was getting the blame regardless of how we lost that.

That said, it's time for him to move on now.

I am genuinely baffled though about how we allowed Spain to regain momentum after the equalisee

• Like 3

I wish some of you would just be honest and admit that Southgate was getting the blame regardless of how we lost that.

When he starts his mates rather than the best team, then he gets the blame. His England career is plagued with misplaced loyalty.

I defy anyone to say Southgate has ever got the best out of these players. 

Time to move on, and thank **** for that. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I assumed when he announced that he was leaving Liverpool that he had a job lined up.  

Yeah England hopefully 

Edited by BS3_RED
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Agreed he's pretty much done **** all apart from getting a dubious penalty. Made to look good in the Bundesliga which is pretty much like the Scottish Prem in terms of only 2 or 3 teams that are truly competitive. Not his fault he's continuously picked though. 

Time for a reboot and a rethink on how we want England to play...

For all his obvious ability and fantastic goalscoring record, his time at Spurs, even moving to Bayern and now England perhaps proves that you will never win anything if you've got Harry Kane in your team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I don’t blame Southgate for being a shit and totally inept manager I blame the FA for keeping him in post four years too long 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Spot on,his negative football for years now has been let’s be honest criminal with the players we have,to suddenly blame him is wrong 

8 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Next England manager?

Listening to all the bl00dy experts on the pundit panel having their veiled digs at Southgate, I would think one of Shearer, Ferdinand or Richards would clean up with this England squad

• Like 1

Well at least you can all moan about GS for the next few weeks and leave LM to prepare for our glorious upcoming season playing wonder football

😀😀

Edit

I've been told I have to use emojis when I'm being sarcastic. 

Edited by BS3_RED

If anyone genuinely thinks Klopp would be interested I'll have some of what you're on.

I don’t think many managers out there would turn down the job, tbh. The squad is really exciting.  

However….What would keep the likes of Klopp & Poch away, is being in the country and seeing how the press & country speak & treat English managers. 

They’re probably looking at the comments about Southgate tonight and laughing in disbelief. 

13 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Next England manager?

Potter all day long I can't stand Southgate he's been flattered by the talent we have.  That was not a Spain team that was amazing, it was an average side that was well coached with a couple of good players really well used.  Allowing Yamal and Williams to interchange left and right we brilliant, and Rodri is quality.  We have way more talent that's just been deployed badly. FFS Gordon fell off an electric bike making a phone call in training and never appeared again how stupid is that. That's the set-up.

Edited by Lorenzos Only Goal
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Southport Red said:

Out of interest, did Pickford pass to a white shirt at all tonight?  All 

I remember is him hoofing it long to Spanish players. Great shot stopper but his distribution is non existent. 

He was our best player. 

• Like 1

The test of Southgate’s prowess as a manager will be in the job offers he gets afterwards. No one is going to want him. He fell into the England job - didn’t deserve it one bit. 

And I could be the most successful manager ever if I played Serbia, Slovenia and Hungary every single game. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Potter all day long I can't stand Southgate he's been flattered by the talent we have.  The was not a Spain team that was amazing, it was an average side that was well coached with a couple of good players really well users.  Allowing Yamal and Williams to interchange left and right we brilliant, and Rodri is quality.  We have way more talent that's just been deployed sadly FFS Gordon fell off an electric bike making a phone call in training and never appeared again how stupid is that. That's the set-up.

Potter 🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Cannot complain about that .

They deserved to win overall

well said,  not that hard to say is it? forget all the talk about how we're just as good as them player for player and Gareths handbrake etc... we're just not... they were by FAR the better team all over the pitch and played us off the park bar 10 mins after our subs. They could have had 5 or 6.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I am genuinely baffled though about how we allowed Spain to regain momentum after the equalisee

There was about five minutes after we scored when I thought we might do it. Then back to a bad low block that got opened up two or three times with Pickford saving us. We weren’t good enough in truth and Spain deserved it.

Still think the real lost chance was home to Italy, but two finals in a row has at least given us some memories.

• Like 2

So frustrating. I can’t moan about the result; Spain were the better team and deserved to lift the trophy. But, why it takes us to go a goal behind before we start playing is beyond me, especially when we have a squad of this talent. It’s gives us next to no chance against the best teams. 

If Southgate goes, it’s a thanks from me for his principles and integrity but long overdue. I hate the term “front-foot” but the fear’s gone and we need to have more intent. Otherwise, we will always be the bridesmaid and never the bride. 

Just now, StGeorge said:

HAhahhahahahaa Dream on

But, but, but …..   Jon and Tins told us that would happen. We await next Season full of optimism of the promised new dawn. 

16 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

And then proceeded to continue with a centre midfield of Rice and Bellingham (ironically what all the fans had been calling for) for the next ten mins at level pegging without touching the ball. Instead of bringing on a not ideal solution but a solution nonetheless in Gallagher.

This is where we lost the game in itself albeit to a better team anyway

1 minute ago, Will Rollason said:

well said,  not that hard to say is it? forget all the talk about how we're just as good as them player for player and Gareths handbrake etc... we're just not... they were by FAR the better team all over the pitch and played us off the park bar 10 mins after our subs. They could have had 5 or 6.

We are better player for player.  I don't get it's hard to understand.

We've been badly coached.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

At least he’s achieved as a manager. He’s an infinitely better manager than Southgate. 

Achieved what?

• Like 3

A reflection partly on how GS sets us up, but a BBC stat…In the 181 minutes he played across both the Euro 2020 and 2024 finals, England captain Harry Kane had just one shot, one touch in the opposition box. Not a good stat.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Out of interest, did Pickford pass to a white shirt at all tonight?  All 

I remember is him hoofing it long to Spanish players. Great shot stopper but his distribution is non existent. 

Just shows how dated our football can be at times , how many other keepers hoofed it upfield as much as him 

1 minute ago, Super said:

Achieved what?

Let me rephrase; which would you consider a bigger managerial achievement?

a. Getting Boro relegated. Or,

b. Making unfashionable BHA a very good premier league team on jack shit money.

Because they’re the highlights of the careers of the men we’re comparing  

Just now, cityexile said:

A reflection partly on how GS sets us up, but a BBC stat…In the 181 minutes he played across both the Euro 2020 and 2024 finals, England captain Harry Kane had just one shot, one touch in the opposition box. Not a good stat.

That makes pretty horrific reading, although not overly surprising. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Let me rephrase; which would you consider a bigger managerial achievement?

a. Getting Boro relegated. Or,

b. Making unfashionable BHA a very good premier league team on jack shit money.

Because they’re the highlights of the careers of the men we’re comparing  

The only time Potter has managed big name players with egos he was absolutely useless. No thanks 

• Flames 1

Just now, !james said:

The only time Potter has managed big name players with egos he was absolutely useless. No thanks 

Yeh. You just go ahead an ignore what a basket case Chelsea were at that time. Southgate has really got the best out of our big names hasn’t he? We romped our way to these finals didn’t we?

• Confused 1