IGNORED

Fally Mayulu - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

https://kurier.at/sport/fussball/rapid-wien-bundesliga-verkauf-transfer-stuermer-fally-mayulu-bristol-city-katzer/402918121

€3.5m according to this.

Fally Mayulu has only one more training session with Rapid for the coming season. The Frenchman will no longer be involved in the first test match on Friday in Herzogenburg. The striker is already on his way to his new club.

If the medical check is successfully completed, Mayulu will move to Bristol City in the second-tier English Championship. Rapid collects a transfer fee of 3.5 million euros. All details were negotiated on Wednesday, according to KURIER information.

Sky Sport Austria was the first to report on the upcoming transfer.

Price driven up

Although Mayulu played less than 50 percent of the playing time last season, the highly talented attacker was the most sought-after Rapidler. Already in the spring, sporting director Markus Katzer rejected an initial offer of 1.5 million. Before the start of training, another one was received, and even the 2.5 million offered were not enough for the Viennese. Since several clubs were interested in the centre-forward, the price could be increased significantly to 3.5 million.

Edited by Port Red
  • Thanks 1

• Admin

Here's the obligatory YouTube showreel. Not so much for his finishes, every pro can make a highlight reel look ok, I'm more interested in his "presence". Not only is he 6'4" but he makes the others on the pitch look like children! My favourite moment was someone grabbing his shirt and it having literally zero affect on him. Also seems happy to kick with either foot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like how Brian’s thought processes are so obvious:

mrs tinnion: Brian have you got any ice cream? I’m melting in this bastard heat!

Tinnion: no love. I didnt get any on the weekend shop. 
mrs tinnion: well you’d better sort your bastard self out, I’m a puddle of sweat here, I need a rapid fking vienetta and I need it now!

tinnion: rapid vienetta rapid vienetta rapid Vienna… hang on a minute! 

• Haha 8

• Admin
3 minutes ago, astrondrew said:

Bristol Live saying a deal not happening at the moment.

Possibly the "second 9" .... and his agent leaks it so a German club can come in and offer better terms 😂

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

Hmm, perhaps terms agreed with player but now public so his club can drive up the price/interest?

If a fee is agreed with the club it would more likely be his agent leaking it.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, hinsleburg said:

Bristol Live saying bid rejected and not close currently...

Do enjoy the random foreign links, certainly looks like a player we could do with!

Let me guess, his club value him at £4-5m and we bid £2.5m?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Possibly the "second 9" .... and his agent leaks it so a German club can come in and offer better terms 😂

If a fee is agreed with the club it would more likely be his agent leaking it.

Negative hat on...

He'll probably end up going for twice what we are offering to a much bigger club and we'll be left wondering why we thought we even had a chance.

Just now, BobBobBobbin said:

playing style compared to Alexander Isak on some Twitter scout reports... Pretty much the "mobile 9" described. 

The Gongolese Miles Leaburn…that’s who he reminded me of!