IGNORED

Fally Mayulu - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

15 minutes ago, westonred said:

Ian Gay has just posted a vid of a roof opening on 'X' so here we go

I mean, if the deal was agreed and medical done last night, it all points to an announcement today doesn’t it. Has he deleted his post of a signed contract re Conway? 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Yep because Cardiff are a brilliant benchmark, aren’t they?

Bought Andreas Cornelius for £8m, sold him for £500k five months later.

Went in to play in Serie A for Atalanta & Parma, plus Bordeaux & Trabzonspor.

The season Nige released 12 players their retained list contained players released that cost them over £40m.

People obsess when we get a single signing wrong but they are a basket case of a club.

Brown envelope-tastic that one.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I was once told you don’t have to be a brilliant salesman to earn a living , just a hardworking one. If you say ‘ I don’t suppose you want to buy my wares ? ‘ to enough people , someone will say ‘ as a matter of fact, yeah ‘ . 

Possibly so, possibly not- worked in one sales type company in parouaar and targets can be absolute.  I was in a more support role but the amount if churn at times- people need to at least break even but it us also a different kind of sales and or recruitment however I do agree about the harder you work, the more leads you look to get with it, the greater chance you have.

48 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I mean, if the deal was agreed and medical done last night, it all points to an announcement today doesn’t it. Has he deleted his post of a signed contract re Conway? 

Plus the one being done “in a couple of days” who is “an international”?

Mg money was on an announcement on Monday to continue feel good factor after England v Slovakia- assuming we win of course. Maybe it'll be today.

@Davefevs

From the bits of vid and or Scouting, Data you've seen, does he remind you of Maynard or Kodjia at all albeit perhaps raw, or different again? Thought some of the Scout reports sounded a bit like both or either tbh.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Possibly so, possibly not- worked in one sales type company in parouaar and targets can be absolute.  I was in a more support role but the amount if churn at times- people need to at least break even but it us also a different kind of sales and or recruitment however I do agree about the harder you work, the more leads you look to get with it, the greater chance you have.

Salespeople are notoriously abused. Like footballers , they are affected by the team around them. 
Evidently as a salesperson you have targets to hit so that the company remains profitable.

The good ones are able to do their business without the need to knock on a thousand doors a week ! 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Plus the one being done “in a couple of days” who is “an international”?

An “international who plays for his country” no less! 😜😜😜

42 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Mg money was on an announcement on Monday to continue feel good factor after England v Slovakia- assuming we win of course. Maybe it'll be today.

@Davefevs

From the bits of vid and or Scouting, Data you've seen, does he remind you of Maynard or Kodjia at all albeit perhaps raw, or different again? Thought some of the Scout reports sounded a bit like both or either tbh.

In a word, no…but that’s because I have Myles Leaburn in my head, partly swayed by physical likeness.  But reflecting, still a no.  Kodjia was completely off the cuff as a player, explosive.  I never saw tonnes of Maynard (my wilderness years), but he didn’t jump out as like him.  If you want another, maybe a young Danny Welbeck…although DW was a huge jump ahead ability wise.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In a word, no…but that’s because I have Myles Leaburn in my head, partly swayed by physical likeness.  But reflecting, still a no.  Kodjia was completely off the cuff as a player, explosive.  I never saw tonnes of Maynard (my wilderness years), but he didn’t jump out as like him.  If you want another, maybe a young Danny Welbeck…although DW was a huge jump ahead ability wise.

Welbeck would of been a England regular if it wasn’t for injuries’ loads of natural ability.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Welbeck would have been an England regular if it wasn’t for injuries’ loads of natural ability.

His teammates said he was one of the most gifted players they’d seen come through.

I’m not saying he’s anything like that level, just his game play has a likeness.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Always makes me laugh when we only use black players to compare to other black players 😂

Happens all the time, when you first notice it you can’t unsee it

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, TammyAB said:

Always makes me laugh when we only use black players to compare to other black players 😂

I know, it’s the way they move though.  Can’t help it, I even try to think around it, but rarely find one.

Jack Currie / Joe Bryan

Famara Diedhiou / Kevin Campbell (although he played quite a bit different for us than he did for Angers)

• Like 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

I know, it’s the way they move though.  Can’t help it, I even try to think around it, but rarely find one.

Jack Currie / Joe Bryan

Famara Diedhiou / Kevin Campbell (although he played quite a bit different for us than he did for Angers)

Yeah nothing wrong with it, it’s just interests me that’s what we do, including me

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Mayulu sounds similar to Brooker to me, if you want a white British skinhead picked up from Burslem comparison

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Mayulu sounds similar to Brooker to me, if you want a white British skinhead picked up from Burslem comparison

The new Steve Brooker?

Interesting, he was somewhat ruined by injury in his latter time here.

Could have flourished further without this.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The new Steve Brooker?

If he is half as brave as Brooker, but also a lot less injury prone, he may fit the bill! 😜

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Brilliant!

More Jon Stead I reckon.

• Flames 1

25 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Loved him

One that sticks in the mind, was be he back from injury or just off the bench in the rain v Norwich. Was it last minute or thereabouts?

We looked on the cusp then, top of the Championship albeit a tight top end of it

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

59 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The new Steve Brooker?

My first hero as a City fan

• Like 1

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

My first hero as a City fan

Always thought and yeah the game has changed tactically too, a lot but always thought him and Maynard both fully fit etc could have been a very strong pair. Brooker bigger, Maynard quicker- both under 30.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If only we could find another Steve Brooker, minus the injuries!

Another Brooker and for me another Maynard minus the injuries and attitude in his case.

Wonder if he had been a fully fit option in 2007-08 if he may have made the difference, not necessarily starting every week but first half of season Noble behind Brooker vs certain sides- bit of flair behind physicality with two structured lines of 4 behind.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The new Steve Brooker?

Or even Paul Cheesley for the older ones.  A player I was convinced destined to play for England had it not been for his horrendous injury.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

On the Gay front, he doesn’t half tweet some nonsense.

If all targets have been watched live 30-40 times by different people that means that:

- They would have had to been watched for an entire season before we signed them (now, bear in mind Liam hasn’t been in charge for a year and he’s drawn up the “profile”). Per old Ian’s tweet, we had to find the players post being given the profile.

- In addition, Mayulu has only played 28 times for Rapid Vienna so unless we had him targeted pre his move there I don’t think it’s plausible he can have met Mr Gays threshold

Now, im prepared to believe we had Mayulu on a long list. I’m not prepared to believe we had Rapid Vienna season tickets and saw every game he played last year.

And, Ian, if everyone gets watched 30-40 times before signing, can you explain Mebude???

Also, if it takes you 40 viewings to decide whether someone is a good player or not…

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

If all targets have been watched live 30-40 times by different people that means that:

- They would have had to been watched for an entire season before we signed them (now, bear in mind Liam hasn’t been in charge for a year and he’s drawn up the “profile”). Per old Ian’s tweet, we had to find the players post being given the profile.

- In addition, Mayulu has only played 28 times for Rapid Vienna so unless we had him targeted pre his move there I don’t think it’s plausible he can have met Mr Gays threshold

Now, im prepared to believe we had Mayulu on a long list. I’m not prepared to believe we had Rapid Vienna season tickets and saw every game he played last year.

And, Ian, if everyone gets watched 30-40 times before signing, can you explain Mebude???

Maybe we have 40 scouts in Austria and they all went to one game?

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Also, if it takes you 40 viewings to decide whether someone is a good player or not…

Yes I think I prefer the Bill Shankly approach of going to an away game on a wet cold Tuesday night, preferably when there is little on the game, and seeing how they play then. 

As for Mr Gay, anyone who is convinced he is ITK these days, should remember how and what he posted during his time here back in the day. He has always liked to give the impression that he is only a step away from the decision makers, he wasn't then and I am not convinced he is that close now.

• Flames 3

15 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I can see why he gets on with tinnion.

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, football scouting is a lot different now. with the right software you can watch a players entire career from the comfort of your own living room now...

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes I think I prefer the Bill Shankly approach of going to an away game on a wet cold Tuesday night, preferably when there is little on the game, and seeing how they play then. 

As for Mr Gay, anyone who is convinced he is ITK these days, should remember how and what he posted during his time here back in the day. He has always liked to give the impression that he is only a step away from the decision makers, he wasn't then and I am not convinced he is that close now.

He’s definitely been fed some information by tinnion.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

He’s definitely been fed some information by tinnion.

Maybe at some point, or he has surmised something from snippets of conversations we know he has had, but nowhere near the extent he is claiming. Also I think it looks like he might be have been cut out of the loop for divulging too much, and now he is posting his own thoughts and letting people believe they come from within. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Me and a mate who works at a pro club recruitment dept had a similar debate a few weeks ago when it had previously been mentioned by Tins about watching a player 30-40 times, and he called BS!

As I was alluding to yesterday about watching clips, you can watch player events quite quickly.  If you take the Johann Cruyff quote (paraphrased) - “a player only is on the ball for 2 mins per game”, if you have scouting software that can pinpoint all their actions (like Wyscout), you could watch a player’s whole season in 90 minutes theoretically. You could of course extend that viewing time, because Wyscout will categorise some off the ball actions too.

But that’s not watching a player 30-40 times though…that’s just watching a player’s relevant actions.  Nor are they sat there watching the full-90 30-40 times either.

They will be trying to short cut that scouting time, making it as efficient as they can.  That’s why they are using the software they are and doing very little “at-stadium scouting”, mainly leaving that until they’ve really dialled in on who they want.

He really has bought it hook line and sinker.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

40 minutes! For some it only takes a 20 second clip on you tube. 

For others the top right box on Wikipedia is enough, why waste 20 secs! 🤣🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

To be fair, football scouting is a lot different now. with the right software you can watch a players entire career from the comfort of your own living room now...

Not denying that. It’s the fact that Mr Gay stated they’d been watched live (ie in Person) that makes it nonsense

@Davefevs puts it a bit more eloquently than me!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glen hump said:

Welbeck would of been a England regular if it wasn’t for injuries’ loads of natural ability.

I met him and the rest of the Brighton team at Heathrow back in January. Welbeck was was very polite, didn't mind a selfie and a little chat. 

Was he part of the rumour that we asked for him on loan in 2010ish but man utd came back and said we could have Owen instead? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Me and a mate who works at a pro club recruitment dept had a similar debate a few weeks ago when it had previously been mentioned by Tins about watching a player 30-40 times, and he called BS!

As I was alluding to yesterday about watching clips, you can watch player events quite quickly.  If you take the Johann Cruyff quote (paraphrased) - “a player only is on the ball for 2 mins per game”, if you have scouting software that can pinpoint all their actions (like Wyscout), you could watch a player’s whole season in 90 minutes theoretically. You could of course extend that viewing time, because Wyscout will categorise some off the ball actions too.

But that’s not watching a player 30-40 times though…that’s just watching a player’s relevant actions.  Nor are they sat there watching the full-90 30-40 times either.

They will be trying to short cut that scouting time, making it as efficient as they can.  That’s why they are using the software they are and doing very little “at-stadium scouting”, mainly leaving that until they’ve really dialled in on who they want.

He really has bought it hook line and sinker.

It’s crazy to me that people really genuinely think that a Bristol City scout, either local or in the European market, GENUINELY think they’ve seen the same player (and by default, team) live in 35-40 separate games last season.

Can you imagine 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I talk some nonsense on here under teeth so you have to admire his front for talking complete nonsense on Twitter with his real name 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I talk some nonsense on here under teeth so you have to admire his front for talking complete nonsense on Twitter with his real name 

Loves his heights and weights doesn’t he? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah, as Fevs has pointed, there is no way on this earth that this chap has been watched 30-40 times “live”; as Gay puts it. 

They will have found his name against a set of parameters based on his stats. They’d have then had a few of the analysts watch a few games on Wyscout  and then they’d have had the rest of his moments ‘clipped’ and they’ll have all watched that. 

So they probably have seen 30-40 of his games, but not full 90, just his clipped actions, and they might have (and I stress might have) gone to see him live maybe once or twice.

And given he only completed more than 60 minutes on 11 occasions last season, they’d have had to pick and choose those games very wisely to get a decent viewing of him.  

But yeah, 30-40 “live games” is a rather extraordinary statement 🤣

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It’s crazy to me that people really genuinely think that a Bristol City scout, either local or in the European market, GENUINELY think they’ve seen the same player (and by default, team) live in 35-40 separate games last season.

Can you imagine 🤣🤣

Perhaps we sent 40 scouts at once to watch the same game? A block booking with the airline would have saved a few quid too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Think he just likes the attention.  Makes him feel important. 

Jfi he's not.

It’s obvious he’s signed and a couple more will follow shortly. Maybe the club just want  is to wait and have a laugh at our expense because of the crap that has been said about the owners and members of staff. 
Just imagine being on the receiving end of that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 2

6 minutes ago, marksy said:

It’s obvious he’s signed and a couple more will follow shortly. Maybe the club just want  is to wait and have a laugh at our expense because of the crap that has been said about the owners and members of staff. 

It's not ideal but they created a toxic situation last October  ot possibly between say August and early November and sadly erm it could get a lot more toxic if we spend decent money and falter.

Tinnion and his proclamations attract scrutiny, heat and noise. See also JL.

SL at least has built up the infrastructure, put in loads but some policies post April 2023 have been really suspect.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, marksy said:

I doubt it, I don’t believe they’d be that childish. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, marksy said:

Yeah, really, player signed, but we’re not gonna announce you yet because we wanna get one over on a fans forum. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Ashtongreight said:

I doubt it, I don’t believe they’d be that childish. 

Some of the things I’ve read on here and heard people say have been outright cobblers and said out of frustration. 
A bit personal as well and wouldn’t like it said about me.