IGNORED

Fally Mayulu - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Tbh if I worked for a football club's media team, it'd take all my powers of restraint to not respond to some of the absolute nonsense that gets flung in their direction, especially on twitter.

Online is like the Wild West and can be very cruel and damaging. Sometimes, me including, it brings the worst out in people especially when the city lose. . When the City win though, the eggs and bacon always taste’s nicer on a Sunday morning 

Other coming on here I don’t bother with the rest of it. As soon as the transfer window closes I’ll be giving OTIB a rest 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marksy said:

It’s obvious he’s signed and a couple more will follow shortly. Maybe the club just want  is to wait and have a laugh at our expense because of the crap that has been said about the owners and members of staff. 
Just imagine being on the receiving end of that?

I can actually see that level of pettiness from some of them🤣

51 minutes ago, Ashtongreight said:

I doubt it, I don’t believe they’d be that childish. 

I mean probably but can we rule it out? 😂

Yes i am joking but we aren’t the most professionally run football club that’s for sure. Been saying it for years, the upper brass need to stay quiet. They have created so many problems for themselves just by speaking. Why do we get frustrated for 12-18th every season? Sure, we all want to do well but because they say it every damn season even when it isn’t realistic. When saying we want to be competitive while being financially responsible will suffice. If it all comes together we believe this side could be a playoff team. Not hard. 

Now the over explaining of transfer targets. We are looking at mostly forward options some domestic and some foreign. Working hard to have at least 1-2 in before we come back to training. It is not hard to give information and cover yourself. 

Anyway, I hope by Wednesday there are 2 in and that’ll generally ease the mood with fans I think. While this forum is not the general mood of the fanbase, everyone likes signings to feel hopeful. Getting a couple in for the whole preseason will give a nice feel good factor around the team which does not hurt. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Tbh if I worked for a football club's media team, it'd take all my powers of restraint to not respond to some of the absolute nonsense that gets flung in their direction, especially on twitter.

I logged into a largely defunct work Twitter/x account today to look for news on Fally. It appears to now be largely full of right wing conspiracy theorists and their tweets being promoted whether you follow them or not.

Quite why anyone sane it still on there is a mystery

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, astrondrew said:

I logged into a largely defunct work Twitter/x account today to look for news on Fally. It appears to now be largely full of right wing conspiracy theorists and their tweets being promoted whether you follow them or not.

Quite why anyone sane it still on there is a mystery

City signing Fally Mayulu sounds like a right wing conspiracy to me aswell mate, how have we let the nazis get control of the club, utterly unacceptable 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It'll be Monday won't it.

Maybe they’re waiting to get one or two more done to do a multi-announcement?

Though actually I think that’s unlikely. Can’t remember that being done by us too recently, think they like having multiple separate days with high engagement. Ditto I think that’s the reason we reveal each kit separately (home, away, third). And why we never seem to do a signing/kit joint announcement. 

Which is kind of annoying, would rather just have the info asap personally.

Anyway, I’m rambling. Fally could be tomorrow? Post England?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Maybe they’re waiting to get one or two more done to do a multi-announcement?

Though actually I think that’s unlikely. Can’t remember that being done by us too recently, think they like having multiple separate days with high engagement. Ditto I think that’s the reason we reveal each kit separately (home, away, third). And why we never seem to do a signing/kit joint announcement. 

Which is kind of annoying, would rather just have the info asap personally.

Anyway, I’m rambling. Fally could be tomorrow? Post England?

My thinking was Monday to capitalise on a feel good factor post England and maybe with more than one addition as you say.

Should we win of course.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

On the Gay front, he doesn’t half tweet some nonsense.

If all targets have been watched live 30-40 times by different people that means that:

- They would have had to been watched for an entire season before we signed them (now, bear in mind Liam hasn’t been in charge for a year and he’s drawn up the “profile”). Per old Ian’s tweet, we had to find the players post being given the profile.

- In addition, Mayulu has only played 28 times for Rapid Vienna so unless we had him targeted pre his move there I don’t think it’s plausible he can have met Mr Gays threshold

Now, im prepared to believe we had Mayulu on a long list. I’m not prepared to believe we had Rapid Vienna season tickets and saw every game he played last year.

And, Ian, if everyone gets watched 30-40 times before signing, can you explain Mebude???

Stevie Wonder watched him!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

My thinking was Monday to capitalise on a feel good factor ppst England and maybe with more than one addition as you say.

Should we win of course.

Out of interest, how do you capitalise on when a signing is announced? I don’t get it. 

2 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Out of interest, how do you capitalise on when a signing is announced? I don’t get it. 

I don't know it just seems like the sort of thing our club might do.

It doesn't especially make sense but..

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

SIGNING ANNOUNCED. 

Q.E.D. :whistle:

• Flames 1

7 hours ago, marksy said:

It’s obvious he’s signed and a couple more will follow shortly. Maybe the club just want  is to wait and have a laugh at our expense because of the crap that has been said about the owners and members of staff. 
Just imagine being on the receiving end of that?

Good banter that mate

• Like 1

I have heard the new kit release is imminent, perhaps they are trying to time it to coincide.

Not sure the point in delaying, especially if we believe Tins and a couple are so close to signing.  Multiple announcements, players, kits etc mean more views, exposure etc on social media.

My only other theory is JL has run out of red in his colouring set and waiting on an amazon delivery to Bermuda!

7 hours ago, Bobbie said:

Boring as it sounds, releasing posts on social media is a science; the timing of the posts can have a major impact on the traction and views. 

Those views and engagements translate into sales; every click on the website to read the story is the potential for someone to click on the club shop site or tickets etc. 

It's annoying of course. There's a reason why the sags have done 5 in a row or whatever it is; engagement. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 28/06/2024 at 14:44, Mr Popodopolous said:

I definitely remember a Hartley-Maynard one v Middlesbrough.

He made the one v Newcastle himself possibly, a long ball out of defence could be classed as an assist maybe.

03:55.

Forgot how good a finisher he was , some brilliant goals there 

• Like 2

I'm hoping we've done our homework on this lad. We've had issues in the past with players not settling for what ever reason and does seem very inexperienced with regard to league appearances. Let's hope he's a class act but definitely going to need time to settle. Good luck to him.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Port Red said:

I have heard the new kit release is imminent, perhaps they are trying to time it to coincide.

Not sure the point in delaying, especially if we believe Tins and a couple are so close to signing.  Multiple announcements, players, kits etc mean more views, exposure etc on social media.

My only other theory is JL has run out of red in his colouring set and waiting on an amazon delivery to Bermuda!

I am getting to the point whereby the longer they drag out the kit release and these multiple signings that have or haven’t been done deal for weeks the more underwhelmed I will be once it’s finally announced.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Port Red said:

Already made this point. There were boxes of the new away kit lying around at the HPC on Weds and they were beginning to print them. So very possible new signings will coincide with its release. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Street red said:

I'm hoping we've done our homework on this lad. We've had issues in the past with players not settling for what ever reason and does seem very inexperienced with regard to league appearances. Let's hope he's a class act but definitely going to need time to settle. Good luck to him.

Homework?  We’ve watched him 30-40 times! 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously though, assuming he signs this will be the 3rd country he’s moved to.  It is the life of the ambitious European footballer. He will have French speaking people at the club, although wouldn’t surprise me if his English is better than mine!

edit: it is!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Seriously though, assuming he signs this will be the 3rd country he’s moved to.  It is the life of the ambitious European footballer. He will have French speaking people at the club, although wouldn’t surprise me if his English is better than mine!

3rd country not bad for a 21 year old let's hope he cracks it in the championship.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We all wish you could speak as coherently as that Dave! 🤣

He probably speaks German as well. Puts us all to shame.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He will have French speaking people at the club,

And on OTIB , which I suspect will be the deal clincher. 
:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Sprechen pour yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, redkev said:

Forgot how good a finisher he was , some brilliant goals there 

I think he was a lost talent in a way. Injury and then latterly attitude, real shame.

At times in the latter GJ days he was making his own goals at times- chipping in with some assists and winning some penalties too.

55 minutes ago, mozo said:

Only some of you. Ich spreche Deutsch, je parle Francais and eu falo Portugues. It's the Bristolian that I'm not too good at now!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I talk some nonsense on here under teeth so you have to admire his front for talking complete nonsense on Twitter with his real name 

Thought talking complete nonsense was the whole point of Social Media 🙄 

If the rumours are true that we’ve also agreed a deal for the “7” but that it can’t be announced until 1st July, perhaps they will both be confirmed tomorrow - one in the home kit and one in the away one …..

39 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

If the rumours are true that we’ve also agreed a deal for the “7” but that it can’t be announced until 1st July, perhaps they will both be confirmed tomorrow - one in the home kit and one in the away one …..

I have to say I am completely confused on who is signing I just hope Tinnion gets on with it and the players signed are an improvement on what we have. That for me will be the real test of his performance in this window. Unfortunately missed the "getting them in early" which was a stated aim but don't mind that if they are worth waiting for.

49 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

O’Hare

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Worth noting that will be when Bird officially joins as well.

This would be very clever and very fun so I’ll rule this out immediately 🤣

It will be all announced tomorrow as that’s when Steve’s pension gets paid in and he can write a few cheques knowing they won’t bounce. 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I particularly enjoyed the second interviewee's explanation.......what a joker?

@cidered abroad

O'Hare has been linked with those 3 and varied others. He leaves Coventry who are still in quite an aggressively ambitious phase, skips them...and comes here?

Don't see it myself. He had a period of injury last season yes but he is going higher than Coventry IMO- I'd be very happy if we picked him up on a free, see also Willock and had we made a move, Jamal Lowe to name 3.

On 28/06/2024 at 19:06, marksy said:

Pearson was a top manager and he’s history. 
Just move on and look forward to the new season instead of imagining things. 

I wonder who’s next though the door?

history for some,fond memories for others, i would have very little interest in city for the new season if he hadnt made me see sense and stick with it

• Like 1
  • Robin 3

7 hours ago, fly in the air said:

unless I am wrong I am expecting 3 signings to be made tomorrow.  2 tins said we're agreed plus the French lad.

I wouldn’t expect anything at anytime, then you cant be disappointed. Pretty good chance it will be someone we hadnt heard of until 3 days ago, they will be average and we will finish 12-16th next season.

• Facepalm 2

9 hours ago, fly in the air said:

unless I am wrong I am expecting 3 signings to be made tomorrow.  2 tins said we're agreed plus the French lad.

I predict Mayulu, HiriKawa and one other.

images.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Who is the other?

why post a picture of a ball of Twine?

Oh! ,,,👏

He's just stringing you along.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

Me thinks you'll end up disappointed. I predict the French lad only tomorrow. 

Well it's already July 1st here in Oz guys & I've heard **** all :dunno:.

Sorry just trying to lighten up :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, bpexile said:

Well it's already July 1st here in Oz guys & I've heard **** all :dunno:.

Sorry just trying to lighten up :thumbsup:

Well you're a few hours ahead of us so let us know if you hear anything

• Like 2
  • Haha 2