IGNORED

Fally Mayulu - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

15 minutes ago, westonred said:

If he does sign for us i bet Bournemouth are looking forward to signing him next year

I'm probably whooshing myself as I expect your post was jocular- but we don't need to sell for FFP anymore.

Some time between Summer 2026 and March 2027 however. ;) Time will tell.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The Gongolese Miles Leaburn…that’s who he reminded me of!

Son of Carl - Charlton - keep it in the family. That took me back.  Players I grew up watching and now there kids are playing. Makes me feel old.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm probably whooshing myself as I expect your post was jocular- but we don't need to sell for FFP anymore.

Some time between Summer 2026 and March 2027 however. ;) Time will tell.

No true but if a player has a good season for us hes has his head turned by promises of a great wage increase and the prospect of playing in the Prem and we cant turn it down :(

22 minutes ago, westonred said:

No true but if a player has a good season for us hes has his head turned by promises of a great wage increase and the prospect of playing in the Prem and we cant turn it down :(

Do what other clubs do. Of course I understand it but contract length remaining and FFP position do play an important role.

Sunderland are clear of it. Currently Jobe Bellingham was cited at £20m, Jack Clarke £25-30m.

I suspect that could price one or both out of a move this summer if it stayed that way- of course prices move, negotiating positions emerge etc.

Birmingham turned down for Jordan James e.g. in January.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Here's the obligatory YouTube showreel. Not so much for his finishes, every pro can make a highlight reel look ok, I'm more interested in his "presence". Not only is he 6'4" but he makes the others on the pitch look like children! My favourite moment was someone grabbing his shirt and it having literally zero affect on him. Also seems happy to kick with either foot.

Must say, he looks a good all round striker, good in the air, good on the deck with a powerful strike and no slouch with the ball in behind 

Reminds me of Olly Watkins 

1 hour ago, Notbarrymanc said:

I like how Brian’s thought processes are so obvious:

mrs tinnion: Brian have you got any ice cream? I’m melting in this bastard heat!

Tinnion: no love. I didnt get any on the weekend shop. 
mrs tinnion: well you’d better sort your bastard self out, I’m a puddle of sweat here, I need a rapid fking vienetta and I need it now!

tinnion: rapid vienetta rapid vienetta rapid Vienna… hang on a minute! 

Your in Athletico Mince Peter Beardsley territory there.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Your in Athletico Mince Peter Beardsley territory there.

Haha, i saw a video yesterday, theres a recording of beardsley doing the john barnes rap in world in motion,, which certainly sounds like it might be genuine,. Reminds me of tinnion a bit with that slurred geordie accent

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Why do we believe Bristol Live over any other source? Let's wait and see. 

As alluded to previously, James Piercy has been pretty immaculate thus far.

This could also be a case though as others have mentioned where the truth is somewhere in the middle. The selling club may be trying to drive an auction but we could be close to agreeing a fee, we are trying to do the opposite and play it down. 

It could also be a timing thing, Piercy may have been told second or third hand with a delay whereas the Austrian media could be all over it. I will say the wording (and it may just be the translation) is pretty adamant.

Will be interesting to see and from the limited clips certainly looks exciting 

22 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

As alluded to previously, James Piercy has been pretty immaculate thus far.

This could also be a case though as others have mentioned where the truth is somewhere in the middle. The selling club may be trying to drive an auction but we could be close to agreeing a fee, we are trying to do the opposite and play it down. 

It could also be a timing thing, Piercy may have been told second or third hand with a delay whereas the Austrian media could be all over it. I will say the wording (and it may just be the translation) is pretty adamant.

Will be interesting to see and from the limited clips certainly looks exciting 

It looks like the Rapid Vienna version of Piercy is saying its almost done, £2.5m rejected and increased offer accepted 

https://x.com/AlexHuber81/status/1805996163880894466?t=R2hQz_2xRa7wtQiuXQrQKQ&s=19

Edited by hinsleburg
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

We are sharp operators here at this club. He hasn't even signed for us yet but already we're discussing selling him to a Premier club and when best to do it.

Haha, the sharp operator is on otib, im not convinced anyone at the club is particularly sharp

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Seems like there was a bid rejected but a new bid has done the trick.

:dunno:

The Austrian giants apparently rejected Bristol City’s first two offers of €1.5m and €2.5m, respectively.

With more clubs showing an interest in Mayulu, Bristol City upped their bid to €3.5m and the third and final offer did the trick.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, TammyAB said:

Thank you to Nigel Pearson for his steady stewardship over our finances for three years during a difficult three-year period, which is now seemingly allowing us to spend some money to improve the squad.

I think Gould deserves a lot of praise in that respect.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

The Austrian giants apparently rejected Bristol City’s first two offers of €1.5m and €2.5m, respectively.

With more clubs showing an interest in Mayulu, Bristol City upped their bid to €3.5m and the third and final offer did the trick.

That figure represents a big profit for the Austrian side, who signed the striker on a free transfer from Blau-Weiß Linz just a year ago.