I needed so much more
Rain clouds
Oh, they used to chase me
Down they would pour
Join my tears
Allay my fears
Sent to me from heaven
Fally Mayulu you're my world

More appropriate than "Love is the law" which popped into my mind.

Strap on Fally chased us down the alley
We feared for our behinds
Oasis was a shop with shoes so hot
They were sure to blow your mind
Running so fast, I can taste the past
Oh, take me home

Now we know where we're going, baby
We can lay back and enjoy the ride
Take in the sights and drown in our senses
Love is the law so take me deep inside

• Like 2

Well long, tall Fally, he's built for speed, he got
Everything that Chaiman Jon need

Oh baby, yeah, baby, whoo-ooh, hoo-ooh, baby
Havin' me some fun tonight, yeah

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

More appropriate than "Love is the law" which popped into my mind.

Strap on Fally chased us down the alley
We feared for our behinds
Oasis was a shop with shoes so hot
They were sure to blow your mind
Running so fast, I can taste the past
Oh, take me home

Now we know where we're going, baby
We can lay back and enjoy the ride
Take in the sights and drown in our senses
Love is the law so take me deep inside

Now that is a class song. Brilliant instrumental too. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pillred said:

Fally Fally the new John Galley! (for the older posters :laugh:.)

Let's just see the lad play, before we start assigning songs and let him shag our wives.   I can't take going through that disappointment again, and nor can the missus.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Flames 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Just watched the You Tube training session 

A lot focused on Fally 

Didnt smile once and looks slow and pissed off 

Mh opinion only 

I see a serious young man concentrating on his job and instructions given in a foreign language. I also don't see any of the other players hitting their straps yet probably because, as Manning says at the end of the video, they are stepping it up tomorrow. 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, Lavington Robin said:

Now that is a class song. Brilliant instrumental too. 

Until Fally we wasnt happy,

Needed so much more.

Sent to us from heaven.

Fally the French man your our world.

• Flames 1

Posted (edited)

Is that Tinnions son at 25s in the first day video? 

Just seen the posts directly above 🤣

Hes in training kit? Guess he works at city? 

Edited by Fpcity

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Don’t know if it’s been  mentioned  as I haven’t been reading through the thread . Why was tinnion’s son in the video welcoming him ? 

Same reason he was running around the pitch during the Anfield celebrations.

It's Jon and Tins club now.

• Flames 2

45 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Same reason he was running around the pitch during the Anfield celebrations.

It's Jon and Tins club now.

Another reason I’m glad I didn’t renew. It’s taking the old jobs for the boys statement to a whole new level. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fpcity said:

Is that Tinnions son at 25s in the first day video? 

Just seen the posts directly above 🤣

Hes in training kit? Guess he works at city? 

He does a college course with the robins foundation, they all wear city kit. They are on holibobs now. Source: My son is on the course

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Paul G said:

He does a college course with the robins foundation, they all wear city kit. They are on holibobs now. Source: My son is on the course

Not sure that quite explains why he'd be one of the first few faces a new signing meets upon his arrival at the HPC though!

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

artworks-000076089184-hff6cy-t500x500.jpg.cb5c73963020986db332756e0a415f40.jpg

20 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Not sure that quite explains why he'd be one of the first few faces a new signing meets upon his arrival at the HPC though!

All aboard the gravy train..

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Hmmm 1

On 03/07/2024 at 12:55, exAtyeoMax said:

can’t help thinking this could work well. Has a great catchy chorus, doesn’t need words

Half of our fanbase struggle with basic English...what on earth makes you think they can pick this up? 😆

21 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Well, if that's one of the first faces he saw I wonder what he thought he was walking into! (I know it's mean, but if you set 'em up I'll knock 'em in!)

And anyway he was there in honour of his contribution to our win at Anfield where he played a vital role preparing to become something swimming around in the goalscorers nut sack a decade later! Obviously!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Half of our fanbase struggle with basic English...what on earth makes you think they can pick this up? 😆

Well, if that's one of the first faces he saw I wonder what he thought he was walking into! (I know it's mean, but if you set 'em up I'll knock 'em in!)

And anyway he was there in honour of his contribution to our win at Anfield where he played a vital role preparing to become something swimming around in the goalscorers nut sack a decade later! Obviously!

that's why I said it doesn't need words, just a few "la's"

10 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

that's why I said it doesn't need words, just a few "la's"

I honestly think some would even struggle with that! 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I honestly think some would even struggle with that! 🤣

to be honest they'll just recycle some old song to fit. They're not very adventurous. 

19 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Something with the marseillaise would be good,,, 

Del Boy says that he likes it with a green salad or chips, although he's really more.of a salad cream type of guy! :)

• Haha 1

On 02/07/2024 at 16:28, Eddie Notgetinya said:

What’s that coming over the hill?

No, I'm emotionally scared, I'll share, a lad I know gave me a rendition of that song.  What's that coming over your nan is it your grandad, is it your grandad.  My brain dutifully knocked up an image and scared me. Therefore all versions of this little ditty take me back to this trauma.

Thankyou for your understanding in this matter.

• Haha 6

34 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

No, I'm emotionally scared, I'll share, a lad I know gave me a rendition of that song.  What's that coming over your nan is it your grandad, is it your grandad.  My brain dutifully knocked up an image and scared me. Therefore all versions of this little ditty take me back to this trauma.

Even more traumatic if it wasn't your grandad! :shocking:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

A former work mate of mine used to sing.

I tickled her fanny didn’t know she was my granny, she got so excited Magic Moments.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Nakhi always comes across well.Seems a genuinely good guy.

Excellent senior pro. Possibly didn't live up to the price tag in his prime but invaluable, the contract extension on lower wage helped us financially too to spread the cost.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Excellent senior pro. Possibly didn't live up to the price tag in his prime but invaluable, the contract extension on lower wage helped us financially too to spread the cost.

Think he will make a good coach when he hangs up his boots.Seems especially good with younger players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Think he will make a good coach when he hangs up his boots.Seems especially good with younger players.

he is, i know the foot doctor and he loves chatting with him, one of his favourites when he goes to hpc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Just now, redsquirrel said:

he is, i know the foot doctor and he loves chatting with him, one of his favourites when he goes to hpc

Perhaps our glorious leaders may not make the same mistake again and if he has ambitions and is working towards it  offer Wells some kind of coaching role?

King with his PL experience would've been perfect but imagine those 2 as coaches and the tactical know how etc they could pass on to young players coming through.

Then again imagine a dynamic, opportunistic and highly skilled top brass above Manning.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps our glorious leaders may not make the same mistake again and if he has ambitions and is working towards it  offer Wells some kind of coaching role?

King with his PL experience would've been perfect but imagine those 2 as coaches and the tactical know how etc they could pass on to young players coming through.

Then again imagine a dynamic, opportunistic and highly skilled top brass above Manning.

be amazing if we could get some serious pros in ,i agree. Nahki isnt ready for a coaching role yet ,hes got a few more years left in his legs as we know😉

player/coach maybe for a couple of years??

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Where does this belief come from that King would be a good coach? Has anyone on otib got any first hand knowledge of his coaching expertise? 

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

be amazing if we could get some serious pros in ,i agree. Nahki isnt ready for a coaching role yet ,hes got a few more years left in his legs as we know😉

player/coach maybe for a couple of years??

Trying to think how it goes with succession planning, did a hypothetical with midfield the other day.

*Conway or replacement, Fally, Wells

Obviously Cornick can fill in and maybe a new dimension if paired with a pacy striker in some games or some in-game changes- see him and Adebayo at Luton.

That is this year..

*Conway or replacement, Fally, S-P-H (if Dundee loan goes well).

*Wells- if he stays, player-coach.

Eventually we hope transitioning to coach.

We go up it all changes and likewise if someone very good at a reasonable price becomes available we have to look at that too, in any position IMO.

1 hour ago, Pugofwar said:

Where does this belief come from that King would be a good coach? Has anyone on otib got any first hand knowledge of his coaching expertise? 

He was or is working towards coaching for a start, he strikes me as the sort of Senior Pro who would be good with the younger players.

From a tactical, positioning, experience very good. City fan too for what that is worth, a PL winner and Championship winner is he not- he is a winner.

Now it is possible that he wasn't very good but I doubt it. From 2022.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/player-coach-role-for-king/

From 2023.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/king-signs-new-deal/

The hypocrisy of moaning about “jobs for the boys” because Tinmans son is at the HPC and also trying to get any player over 30 to be kept on as a coach is crazy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

38 minutes ago, grifty said:

The hypocrisy of moaning about “jobs for the boys” because Tinmans son is at the HPC and also trying to get any player over 30 to be kept on as a coach is crazy.

Gerken and Bell and others have been fine..beyond that, Tinnion is a superbly qualified Technical Director, likewise Jon Lansdown in his role...clearly all brilliant and the best we can afford in their field.

By all means look to hire the best we can, just feels like a missed opportunity given he is experienced, he knows the club well as fan and player latterly and obviously his winning experience at high levels.

Tinnion's wife I read on here runs the Coffee Shop?

Apologies Gerken is at Bath of course now, Bell Idk.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

43 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Gerken and Bell and others have been fine..beyond that, Tinnion is a superbly qualified Technical Director, likewise Jon Lansdown in his role...clearly all brilliant and the best we can afford in their field.

By all means look to hire the best we can, just feels like a missed opportunity given he is experienced, he knows the club well as fan and player latterly and obviously his winning experience at high levels.

Tinnion's wife I read on here runs the Coffee Shop?

Apologies Gerken is at Bath of course now, Bell Idk.

I could argue that we dodged a bullet by not keeping King on because his coaching philosophy revolved mainly around getting players to wear teas cosies on their heads. But that would speculation. Just like speculating that he would be a good coach. Just feels like criticising the club for the sake of it, there's loads of other stuff to focus on for that.

• Hmmm 1

10 minutes ago, Pugofwar said:

I could argue that we dodged a bullet by not keeping King on because his coaching philosophy revolved mainly around getting players to wear teas cosies on their heads. But that would speculation. Just like speculating that he would be a good coach. Just feels like criticising the club for the sake of it, there's loads of other stuff to focus on for that.

That is speculation, this claim at least is a little more grounded in fact.

Screenshot_20240713-151748_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bb60039b53d99ef28988479576f94823.jpg

Now we can debate as to whether it is PR but "is often spoken about as a big influence by many of City's young stars" sounds rather useful to me??

Especially coupled with his high level experience and tactical intelligence. Just feel we have let a good one slip through the net there.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

On 12/07/2024 at 20:27, Mr Popodopolous said:

Doesn't seem long ago everyone on here seemed to be saying the exact opposite about Nahki! - bad attitude, always looks grumpy, selfish as apparently chose not to be vaccinated and shouldn't be allowed to travel as would be endangering the other players - funny the difference a couple of years makes!

Never felt he was given proper chance here, played out of position at one stage, and then in and out the team quite a lot.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Wild isn’t it. All from people that have seen zero from him training, let alone in a coaching role 😂.  Pure comedy. 

and spoken in depth with people who do know what they are on about? not everybody granted but some people do know more than they see on otib or at ashton gate.

edit, i will add to that there is no evidence or signs of any that he wants a coaching role at this moment in time,not here anyway👍

Edited by redsquirrel
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, bbew said:

Doesn't seem long ago everyone on here seemed to be saying the exact opposite about Nahki! - bad attitude, always looks grumpy, selfish as apparently chose not to be vaccinated and shouldn't be allowed to travel as would be endangering the other players - funny the difference a couple of years makes!

Never felt he was given proper chance here, played out of position at one stage, and then in and out the team quite a lot.

I never understood that.  So what if he looked grumpy, he’s a striker, wants to score goals.  It’s the same shit now be chucked at Conway.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, bbew said:

City fans fickle - who'd have thought?    :whistle:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bbew said:

I'd like to know your definition of everyone, many were impressed by his willingness to play in the U21's and work with the lads at that level. I was also told by another player that he was the first person the youngsters would go to if they needed help, and I made that known on here. 

He obviously likes the idea of leaving a legacy, you only have to watch the videos of him with the young Bermudan fans to see that.

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

37 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I'd like to know your definition of everyone, many were impressed by his willingness to play in the U21's and work with the lads at that level. I was also told by another player that he was the first person the youngsters would go to if they needed help, and I made that known on here. 

He obviously likes the idea of leaving a legacy, you only have to watch the videos of him with the young Bermudan fans to see that.

I am pretty sure that Tommy Conway was effusive with his praise about how  Nahki had helped and encouraged him.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am pretty sure that Tommy Conway was effusive with his praise about how  Nahki had helped and encouraged him.

Yep TC did say that. Nahki is a popular guy throughout the club. Nige frequently mentioned Nakhi’s positive attitude and professionalism and thought very highly of him.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep TC did say that. Nahki is a popular guy throughout the club. Nige frequently mentioned Nakhi’s positive attitude and professionalism and thought very highly of him.

Even when he wasn’t starting very often.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

just noticed fally’s younger brother (18) senny mayulu plays for PSG 8 first team apps last season

That’s mentioned on pages 2 & 4 of this thread, possibly on several others..

22 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

just noticed fally’s younger brother (18) senny mayulu plays for PSG 8 first team apps last season

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That’s mentioned on pages 2 & 4 of this thread, possibly on several others..

Doesn’t do any harm in referencing it again for those who haven’t trolled through the 24 pages so far 👍

• Like 4
  • Haha 1