IGNORED

Fally Mayulu - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

New bid gone in

Interesting that Piercy is saying this is a third player, so not one of the two that Tinnion is claiming are done.

• Like 1

Just now, Tim Monaghan said:

Thats good news. 

What are your thought on this player, Pete?

I won’t confess to knowing anything about him I can’t lie, but in many ways these are the most exciting!

On face value & from the YT vids, he looks absolutely perfect & one I’m really excited about. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I won’t confess to knowing anything about him I can’t lie, but in many ways these are the most exciting!

On face value & from the YT vids, he looks absolutely perfect & one I’m really excited about. 

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I think he looks perfect too and I also think he would work well with Twine. 

Just now, Port Said Red said:

It would be £2.96m but do we pay that over the three years or €3.5m? If the latter, it could vary across time.

Suspect Steve will use Hedging if spread over a period.  There’s a line in the accounts for FX gains and losses.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

£3.5m+ is certainly cracking the nest egg a bit. 

£3m or €3.5m or more than that. It would still be up near our more expensive transfers, and certainly more than anything we've spent in recent seasons. That was my only point really.

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You do know this lad is French?

Indeed Graham, just showing my age mate.

If we spent €3.5M on Hans, I would worry as he must be in his 70's nowadays.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

£3m or €3.5m or more than that. It would still be up near our more expensive transfers, and certainly more than anything we've spent in recent seasons. That was my only point really.

Might suggest one or two of these other “confirmed” signings are free? If we are spending £3m on a player untested at this level. 

Do like the look of this fella however, will be interesting to see how our attacking play changes with him up front. 

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Indeed Graham, just showing my age mate.

If we spent €3.5M on Hans, I would worry as he must be in his 70's nowadays.

Hans is currently shilling Crypto coins at the Fanzones here in Vienna. Seems like he needs the money 

8 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Might suggest one or two of these other “confirmed” signings are free? If we are spending £3m on a player untested at this level. 

I've no idea. But, I would think that our budget could well be higher this summer. We're in a good place, and the base squad is of a profile (age/experience/quality) that it could well be elevated by a few good buys.

I'd not advocate for spending the farm to "give it a go", but I've long felt that this season is the best opportunity to have a tilt at it. I've no issue at all with a few decent sized fees being dropped - provided the amortisation and wages etc are probably managed.

• Like 1

It’s fascinating how much credence people give to the Bristol Post.

Whenever a transfer story from abroad breaks, they always say bid rejected, looking unlikely. Then, over the next hours/ days (depending how much time they’ve got before another British outlet publishes a story) they’ll publish another article saying another bid made, before a final article saying bid accepted. This is all ongoing whilst the original outlet that broke the story haven’t mentioned a single thing different from the original story.

Reach PLC longs out a transfer story for clicks and revenue, and people on this forum treat them as gospel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

Think a lot of championship clubs will be heading back towards that sort of spend range with the market finally stabilising. We've always been one of the higher spenders (non PP) in the division and for good reason.

To me this transfer looks like one we'd laugh at in the future and talk about how we got him for such an outrageously low price he has the physical attributes that a lone 9 needs to succeed in todays game. 

Its now just about developing everything else, which I feel we're pretty good at. I Shouldn't count my eggs before they hatch though but I do hope we get him.

Im getting confused here (not difficult i know)....

So based on what Brian said yesterday ('be happy with 4 attacking players'), the current position is this?

Players close to being done:

Player A - Fally Mayulu (c£/€3.5m - although seems deal isnt agreed yet).

Player B - unconfirmed attacking player

Now, moving on to the next 2:

Player C - unconfirmed attacking plater

Player D - unconfirmed attacking player

Have i got that right?

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

£3.5m+ is certainly cracking the nest egg a bit. 

Or we just have more budget than some have suggested?

The club have doubled down on Manning, they have to back him this summer.

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Im getting confused here (not difficult i know)....

So based on what Brian said yesterday ('be happy with 4 attacking players'), the current position is this?

Players close to being done:

Player A - Fally Mayulu (c£/€3.5m - although seems deal isnt agreed yet).

Player B - unconfirmed attacking player

Now, moving on to the next 2:

Player C - unconfirmed attacking plater

Player D - unconfirmed attacking player

Have i got that right?

If James Piercy is right (he usually is) this lad isn’t one of the two already agreed (according to Tinnion).

Still think Twine will be one of the four, but no idea if he’s one of the two supposedly done.

• Thanks 3