IGNORED

Robin’s TV

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Has there been any news on Robins TV availability for the games not being shown on Sky?

I suspect like iFollow, it will be ditched for uk viewers, but remain for overseas (and radio in uk)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I suspect like iFollow, it will be ditched for uk viewers, but remain for overseas (and radio in uk)

And therefore (and I absolutely don’t condone this), you may well be able to access a stream illegally in the UK for a game you can’t get to (but I don’t condone this). 

Just for the record, I don’t condone this behaviour and am a proud law abiding citizen. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Robin 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Has there been any news on Robins TV availability for the games not being shown on Sky?

As I've read it, Robins TV are not allowed to show live football in this  County only broadcast overseas as EFL have have bought all rights on live football ie Championship, L1 L2 ,please correct me if I'm wrong 

53 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

And therefore (and I absolutely don’t condone this), you may well be able to access a stream illegally in the UK for a game you can’t get to (but I don’t condone this). 

Just for the record, I don’t condone this behaviour and am a proud law abiding citizen. 

It feels such a pointless exercise in this day and age when VPNs are ubiquitous, and there are even free versions of them. They aren't illegal in fact they are recommended for security reasons, and even boast of the ability to circumvent national boundaries in their advertising.

Why do we all have to go through this charade?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It feels such a pointless exercise in this day and age when VPNs are ubiquitous, and there are even free versions of them. They aren't illegal in fact they are recommended for security reasons, and even boast of the ability to circumvent national boundaries in their advertising.

Why do we all have to go through this charade?

I’ve noticed recently that there are one or two broadcasters who now block service to anyone using a VPN.

I’m not tekky! Is that now becoming a thing? Is there a way round it? 

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I’ve noticed recently that there are one or two broadcasters who now block service to anyone using a VPN.

I used to have that problem with iPlayer, weirdly in a particular hotel in Scotland that has it's broadband supplied by Swisscom, so was presumably routed through their servers.

I think the issue is at the VPN end, the broadcasters system recognises multiple connections from the same IP address to identify a VPN server. 

The better VPN's (I use Private Internet Access) I have been told have additional software that connects via multiple IPs and even randomises it throughout the connection, making it virtually impossible for the broadcaster to spot it.

*Edit*. I should add, there should be no reason for Robins TV or iFollow to block access anyway as all they are doing is cheating themselves of revenue. 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I used to have that problem with iPlayer, weirdly in a particular hotel in Scotland that has it's broadband supplied by Swisscom, so was presumably routed through their servers.

I think the issue is at the VPN end, the broadcasters system recognises multiple connections from the same IP address to identify a VPN server. 

The better VPN's (I use Private Internet Access) I have been told have additional software that connects via multiple IPs and even randomises it throughout the connection, making it virtually impossible for the broadcaster to spot it.

Thanks. I had the problem using RAIPlay - the Italian equivalent of iPlayer. So there’s a common theme there! They don’t routinely restrict access to everything the way iPlayer does - but films and of course football are restricted. If it becomes a problem maybe I’ll try one of the others - thanks. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, italian dave said:

A friend tells me that the best option involves a fire stick and IPTV.

• Thanks 1

I cancelled our annual subscription to Robins TV as we can get Sky, I get the impression they are going to show nearly all the games as per last season. I'll just pay for matches as required and see how it pans out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

I cancelled our annual subscription to Robins TV as we can get Sky, I get the impression they are going to show nearly all the games as per last season. I'll just pay for matches as required and see how it pans out.

What I’ve done and gonna do too

4 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Same. 

A slight worry for me, as a Virgin Media subscriber to Sky, is that the red button games haven't actually worked for me on Virgin for much of last season. I never bothered to raise the fault though, as I was able to watch City games on RTV.

Anyone else on Virgin been having problems with the red button? 

11 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Same. 

A slight worry for me, as a Virgin Media subscriber to Sky, is that the red button games haven't actually worked for me on Virgin for much of last season. I never bothered to raise the fault though, as I was able to watch City games on RTV.

Anyone else on Virgin been having problems with the red button? 

It’s gonna be a new streaming service, so not red button…although it might be very similar.

• Thanks 1

I misunderstood it previously then. I was under the impression that all games would be available on Robins TV next season, for overseas fans. 

Overseas fans can continue to watch each EFL Sky Bet Championship match live on Robins TV, (provided it is not selected for international TV broadcast).

On 29/06/2024 at 09:55, italian dave said:

I had a problem accessing Sky Sports from abroad using my SurfShark VPN, it had previously been fine.

I emailed them and they said it’s a constant battle as companies like Sky are forever finding ways to detect it.

The next time I was abroad it worked fine again.

For the avoidance of doubt, if a game is selected by sky, eg the Hull game, but is not selected for International TV broadcast, it will be available on Robins TV for fans based overseas.  

Is that the general understanding?

23 minutes ago, Malago said:

For the avoidance of doubt, if a game is selected by sky, eg the Hull game, but is not selected for International TV broadcast, it will be available on Robins TV for fans based overseas.  

That is correct. If a game were to be shown on CBS in the States, for example, then it would not be shown on Robins TV.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, David Brent said:

I misunderstood it previously then. I was under the impression that all games would be available on Robins TV next season, for overseas fans. 

Overseas fans can continue to watch each EFL Sky Bet Championship match live on Robins TV, (provided it is not selected for international TV broadcast).

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, Malago said:

Yes

46 minutes ago, BritAbroad said:

That is correct. If a game were to be shown on CBS in the States, for example, then it would not be shown on Robins TV.

Is it just that it won’t be on Robinstv in That territory (USA), but would be in France for example?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, old_eastender said:

I can’t recall how many of our games are due to be shown on Sky? 

Per Sky page here

"Championship, League One or League Two fan? Your team will be live on Sky Sports at least 20 times next season! Matches will be broadcast live across existing Sky Sports channels or on the brand new Sky Sports+ at no extra cost"

This probably includes the guaranteed one Carabao cup game.

Of course 'no extra cost' might mean NOWTVs usual flexible discounts down to £19.99 pm or below might be removed due to the 'increased value' of the proposition. Also if you want to share/watch more than one game on one tv, or watch above a 1990s quality stream, then you'll need to spend an extra £6 pm on 'boost'. IDK what the equivalent Sky/Virgin prices would be.

7 hours ago, old_eastender said:

So if Sky only going to cover 20 or so of our League games, then still makes financial sense to purchase season ticket for Robins TV at £140, as cheaper than paying £10 per match for those games not shown on Sky...

@Davefevs what's your take on this please?

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

@Davefevs what's your take on this please?

My gut feel is that there will be:

• 9 midweek games televised
  • 4 bank holiday games televised
  • 2 opening day / last day televised 

Thats 15, leaving 31 games of which 5/12ths will be televised…which is circa 13 games, so 28 in total will be televised imho.

18 x £10 is you are gonna religiously catch them all is more than £140, but I’m gonna go down the pay per game route, especially when I can attend AG for half of those 18.  

Happy for someone to check the math.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

My gut feel is that there will be:

• 9 midweek games televised
  • 4 bank holiday games televised
  • 2 opening day / last day televised 

Thats 15, leaving 31 games of which 5/12ths will be televised…which is circa 13 games, so 28 in total will be televised imho.

18 x £10 is you are gonna religiously catch them all is more than £140, but I’m gonna go down the pay per game route, especially when I can attend AG for half of those 18.  

Happy for someone to check the math.

Makes sense. I guess also that some of those not on Sky will be watchable via free streams of either Robins TV or the other clubs TV.

17 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Makes sense. I guess also that some of those not on Sky will be watchable via free streams of either Robins TV or the other clubs TV.

If you’re in the UK and not using vpn, there won’t be any other way to watch.

If you’re using vpn I suspect it will pay to keep an eye on whether City get picked for international broadcast.

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If you’re using vpn I suspect it will pay to keep an eye on whether City get picked for international broadcast.

I'm hoping to see a Sky Sports deal by 31st July - unlikely I know - before deciding what to commit to, given that I should be attending all the home league fixtures at least.

I would be splitting costs, so it would probably just about be worth taking RTV and Sky Sports +, but we'll see.

• Like 1

• Admin
15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That's not true, there are plenty of apps available that show our games, and for free

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'm hoping to see a Sky Sports deal by 31st July - unlikely I know - before deciding what to commit to, given that I should be attending all the home league fixtures at least.

I would be splitting costs, so it would probably just about be worth taking RTV and Sky Sports +, but we'll see.

Fwiw my Now TV deal just auto renewed for reduced amount of £26 per month for 12 months.

3 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Fwiw my Now TV deal just auto renewed for reduced amount of £26 per month for 12 months.

Thanks for the info @Sir Geoff.

I'm hoping for as low as £20 pm like last season, and I know that some customers got it for less that that.

Don't expect the better offers until a few days before the start of the season.

• Thanks 1

On 29/06/2024 at 15:51, ashton_fan said:

On 29/06/2024 at 17:48, Davefevs said:

Does the subscription get cancelled with immediate effect or still run until it expires? 

Mine previously had an expiry date of the end of August but now that it's been transferred to the new streamers, it expires at the end of October (12 months on from being incorrectly fully refunded when they meant to refund 1 game)

Also had an email about the transfer and that there was no auto-renewal so was going to let it run. The same email said friendlies were included

3 hours ago, Scrumpy Dziek said:

Does the subscription get cancelled with immediate effect or still run until it expires? 

Mine previously had an expiry date of the end of August but now that it's been transferred to the new streamers, it expires at the end of October (12 months on from being incorrectly fully refunded when they meant to refund 1 game)

Also had an email about the transfer and that there was no auto-renewal so was going to let it run. The same email said friendlies were included

Still runs until it expires, mine still valid till the end of August, you have paid for it after all.

• Like 1

On 29/06/2024 at 15:51, ashton_fan said:

we cancelled our annual subscription to Robins TV as we can get Sky, I get the impression they are going to show nearly all the games as per last season. I'll just pay for matches as required and see how it pans out.

According to Sky site Championship sides will be shown at least 24 times, but that still leaves up to 22 matches not shown.

I've decided to renew on the early bird offer at £140. Might be that you can save money by watching some streams of games not on Sky using  OK websites, but that's not a given. Also for me the Mrs doesn't mind watching the odd game on Sky, but could be an issue if on twice a week (with League cup games also being shown). So at least with the subscription I'm giving myself an option to watch not on Sky, and know I have every match covered if I want it.

17 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

According to Sky site Championship sides will be shown at least 24 times, but that still leaves up to 22 matches not shown.

I've decided to renew on the early bird offer at £140. Might be that you can save money by watching some streams of games not on Sky using  OK websites, but that's not a given. Also for me the Mrs doesn't mind watching the odd game on Sky, but could be an issue if on twice a week (with League cup games also being shown). So at least with the subscription I'm giving myself an option to watch not on Sky, and know I have every match covered if I want it.

Robins tv don't cover every match though, so that could mess up your calculations slightly.

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

Had a reminder today to renew the early bird offer which i have now done.

Got to say, it's pretty good value at £140 for 5 seasons 😂

image.png.be91637047ce911f8976384e01cada7a.png

Nice deal. In case anyone cares, the annual pass starts from 1 July 2024. How? Don't ask me.

Also the new provider (registered office 30 seconds from Ashton Gate) may have a different vpn policy than the last one.

• Admin
46 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Nice deal. In case anyone cares, the annual pass starts from 1 July 2024. How? Don't ask me.

Also the new provider (registered office 30 seconds from Ashton Gate) may have a different vpn policy than the last one.

One of our off site offices? 

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

One of our off site offices? 

It's a rental at 'Access Offices' on Winterstoke Road. It's the dairylea shaped block bordered on Marsh Road and Ashton Road which is the redeveloped old Mercedes showroom.

I posted in another thread, but this looks like a small family owner company with two principal owners. Neither of which are (on the face of it), related to the Lansdowns.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 1

FYI I've kept a running cost of purchasing away games not on Sky from August-end December via RobinsTV:

1. Annual Pass: Today only at £140 (or equivalent of £15.56 per month) - 5x£15.56=£77.80 (otherwise £180 I think, £22.50 per month) - 5x£22.50=£112.50)

2. Monthly Pass: 5x£25=£125

3. MatchDay Pass: 9x£10 = £90

4. Mix: 6x£10 (MatchDay), 1x£25 (Monthly pass for November) = £85

The 'international broadcast match' assuming Saturday at 3pm could impact us a maximum of 6 times, probably twice as likely as last season given haldf the fixtures are moved.

Option 1 could be a go today, but otherwise option 4 seems best in this use case. And it also mitigates getting caught by 'international broadcast games.'

Canadian expat here. I am starting to worry that there will be no place to watch City if they are broadcast on sky. 

Last season "Sky Matches" were broadcast on DAZN, but checking the livesoccertv app, nothing. 

This has happed in the past whereby North American rights were sold instead of Individual countries. Whereby BeIN sport had the rights, but didn't even broadcast in Canada. 

With the whole rexham interest I am sure there is a deal, just not updated. 

Anyone able to shed some light on this. Those 430am (1230 KO) starts are gonna the end of me!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WayOutWest said:

Canadian expat here. I am starting to worry that there will be no place to watch City if they are broadcast on sky. 

Last season "Sky Matches" were broadcast on DAZN, but checking the livesoccertv app, nothing. 

This has happed in the past whereby North American rights were sold instead of Individual countries. Whereby BeIN sport had the rights, but didn't even broadcast in Canada. 

Anyone able to shed some light on this. Those 430am (1230 KO) starts are gonna the end of me!!!

All City games will be available in Canada on Robins TV this season, except those chosen for International broadcast, normally 5 or 6 games per season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Same here, live in Alberta.I work away from home (2weeks on 2 weeks off, dayshift/ nightshift )and have major problems  trying to access games, lucky if I can catch a few games when I'm at home, hoping that a new app I acquired will work, it did really well for the Euros and Copa but a vpn is a must with it as the adverts are horrendous. You must live in BC looking at your time difference!

2 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Same here, live in Alberta.I work away from home (2weeks on 2 weeks off, dayshift/ nightshift )and have major problems  trying to access games, lucky if I can catch a few games when I'm at home, hoping that a new app I acquired will work, it did really well for the Euros and Copa but a vpn is a must with it as the adverts are horrendous. You must live in BC looking at your time difference!

Yes mate. Live in Victoria. Be a lot easier if city were in the PL

• Like 1

I'm surprised that Sky haven't produced a promotion where 'EFL season ticket holders' can get a discounted rate for Sky Sports this season.

They must know that this amount of disruption is likely to cause some inconvenience and if they are trying to increase viewership then why not start with people who have a genuine interest.

5 hours ago, Malago said:

All City games will be available in Canada on Robins TV this season, except those chosen for International broadcast, 

It’ll likely be more unfortunately:

image.thumb.jpeg.0acc4958e47498ea7e7d38353f9f1f98.jpeg

155 happens to be 5 x 31 (no, not some random Fevs maths), and there are 31 weekends bar opening and final day.  Each weekend there is a 5/12ths chance City will be the international game…circa 13 games will be unable to be watched in your territory.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’ll likely be more unfortunately:

image.thumb.jpeg.0acc4958e47498ea7e7d38353f9f1f98.jpeg

155 happens to be 5 x 31 (no, not some random Fevs maths), and there are 31 weekends bar opening and final day.  Each weekend there is a 5/12ths chance City will be the international game…circa 13 games will be unable to be watched in your territory.

I’m not so sure the formula will be that straight forward… Leeds, Burnley, Sheffield Utd etc will feature a lot more than us, it won’t be a straight ‘roster’ type deal.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FNQ said:

I’m not so sure the formula will be that straight forward… Leeds, Burnley, Sheffield Utd etc will feature a lot more than us, it won’t be a straight ‘roster’ type deal.

The UK TV deal is based around a more even distribution.  But I don’t know about the overseas deals.  5/12 each weekend still lends itself to be more than last season, even if the big clubs get a bigger share.

Some of the international broadcast games still allowed RTV coverage if you were in country X. Think i remember having to take VPN airlines to Romania last year to watch one game for example. Hopefully the same this season under the new deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

Some of the international broadcast games still allowed RTV coverage if you were in country X. Think i remember having to take VPN airlines to Romania last year to watch one game for example. Hopefully the same this season under the new deal.

Yep, all answers above from me, are non-vpn based.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Robins TV will be giving us the ability to do replays, this season? 

I’m based in the US and won’t be able to watch live. Last season it was a right pain not being able to record games

I’m based in the US and asked this question of robins TV support. They said there will be on demand replays but delayed by 24 hours (due to rights issues).BTW I ‘ve asked them a number of questions and they have have responded quickly and with useful info.

On 20/07/2024 at 15:26, BritAbroad said:

Just signed up for paramount so as to capture wider EFL coverage and Carabou content.

7 hours ago, NDW4CITY said:

I’m based in the US and asked this question of robins TV support. They said there will be on demand replays but delayed by 24 hours (due to rights issues).BTW I ‘ve asked them a number of questions and they have have responded quickly and with useful info.

The previous Uk tv deal was that the full game couldn’t be made available until after the highlights packages had been shown on tv.  That mainly covered the iFollow clubs, as City were sporadic in uploading full games.

Dunno if that was the same for US.

Just signed in for audio (Radio Bristol) No payment by paypal any more, you have to use your debit/credit card. The navigation is not good, as it used to have a listen live button, cant see that anymore, only a watch live one. I hope I will be able to get on to it when the transmission starts. 

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Just signed in for audio (Radio Bristol) No payment by paypal any more, you have to use your debit/credit card. The navigation is not good, as it used to have a listen live button, cant see that anymore, only a watch live one. I hope I will be able to get on to it when the transmission starts. 

Can't even get Radio Bristol pre match on their website now, it used to be on an hour before the game. Is this because the game is on Sky? didn't make any difference last or previous seasons.

Yep I’m the same. Based in Slovakia and can’t get anything to load, audio or video. I swear it’s the worst service for money. If there was any alternative at all for less than 30 euros a month I’d take it. 

6 minutes ago, Red Cloud said:

How many YEARS have they had to get this right?

Yeah same. User interface for listen live surely the main way app is used. So should be the most basic thing to get right. Embarrassing that it’s not working at all.