IGNORED

Robin’s TV

2 minutes ago, Mjtsmith1 said:

Anyone got anything yet? This is honestly infuriating! Too many weeks it doesn’t load, how hard is it?!

Worked (and is working) perfectly for me in Oz, was watching the lead-up and this has been the best the service has been in years, in terms of buffering etc (i.e. zero).

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Worked (and is working) perfectly for me in Oz, was watching the lead-up and this has been the best the service has been in years, in terms of buffering etc (i.e. zero).

I’m very jealous! App or website? I’m still struggling with both. 130mb internet

1 minute ago, Mjtsmith1 said:

I’m very jealous! App or website? I’m still struggling with both. 130mb internet

Website on my laptop, using Google Chrome on Windows.

Edited by Tom

I'm hugely confused about what i have paid for. I still have an audio subscrition which expires in november. Does it still work?

Why is the comms so appalling over this kind of thing?

There is literally no way of listening, if like me you live in the UK but outside of bristol.

On the website i get  a note about a premium service. Whats this? isn't that what i subscribed to?

I'm now beginning to think that my previous subscription has been cancelled and now they want me to pay £5 a month instead. Don't object but it would have been nice to be told!

5 minutes ago, Heathy said:

I'm hugely confused about what i have paid for. I still have an audio subscrition which expires in november. Does it still work?

Why is the comms so appalling over this kind of thing?

There is literally no way of listening, if like me you live in the UK but outside of bristol.

Like you, I live outside the Bristol area. I have identical problems and my subscription also expires in November. I have emailed support twice this afternoon and yet to receive a response. Is it even manned?

• Like 1

I'm glad its not just me. How did we end up with a subscription that expires 4 months into the season? 

I spent most of last season arguing with the club and the service provider and eventually the app got udated and its started to work fine towards the end of the season. Look like its the same this year!

1 minute ago, bcdc said:

Add me to the list of the non-Bristol area subscribers who - as I said above - is getting nowhere.

I tried to talk to the club through the supporters club but got nowhere. City literally do not care if we're not at the ground buying food and shirts in the shop. They appear to have no interest in the concept of a supporter.

• Like 1

I messaged them also asking why I haven't got access to audio. I've paid for the annual pass which has always included audio. I did get a response though! It's not included now which doesn't seem right.

Unfortunately, video passes don't provide access to audio commentary. We can see that you have a video pass valid until the end of November so you should be able to access that feed if watching from outside the UK. If you are located within the UK you will then need to purchase an audio pass.

these rules are imposed by the EFL so we are unable to provide audio access.

We will provide your feedback to the club.

1 minute ago, jackorack said:

I messaged them also asking why I haven't got access to audio. I've paid for the annual pass which has always included audio. I did get a response though! It's not included now which doesn't seem right.

Unfortunately, video passes don't provide access to audio commentary. We can see that you have a video pass valid until the end of November so you should be able to access that feed if watching from outside the UK. If you are located within the UK you will then need to purchase an audio pass.

Well they could have bloody told us!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jackorack said:

Was that made known! I'm outside the UK and always have the audio stream on while im watching.....Until Today

@leadman this could explain it!

Watched from Buenos Aires.

Picture quality v good with no buffering.

Same complaints as before about showing replies when the game is in progress.

Too many shots of the benches and the crowd/directors box etc.

2 hours ago, Sarumred said:

I'm happy to be included.

Me too.

Last season i attempted to engage with the club via the supporters trust as i said. The chairman Stu got me in touch with the Comms guy Dave Barton. Never has a man less lived up to his job title.  Basically admitted their communication with fans was terrible but couldn't do anything about it as he was moving to a new role. The supporters liason guy never responded to any of my attempts to engage with him over this either.

Basically its all outsourced by the EFL  and they can't do anything about the level of service. That may be the case but there is no exscuse for the lack of communication, especially as its being done in their name and we pay our subscrition to bristol city (or we used to.) I entually got a refund cos i missed so many matches, and i have now asked to be told how to turn off auto renew on my current audio subscription.

So if you can find a contact i am happy to join in. 

Ian

I have had a thought about our subscriptions. Historically we always paid at the end of July but as a token of good will during covid it was put back until the end of November. 

Looking at my account, I have no current plans in place and, I suspect others are in the same position.

My gut feeling is, our subscriptions have been brought back to the end of July to coincide with the beginning of the new season. I have no problem with that but, as others have said, it would be nice to be told.

5 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

I have had a thought about our subscriptions. Historically we always paid at the end of July but as a token of good will during covid it was put back until the end of November. 

Looking at my account, I have no current plans in place and, I suspect others are in the same position.

My gut feeling is, our subscriptions have been brought back to the end of July to coincide with the beginning of the new season. I have no problem with that but, as others have said, it would be nice to be told.

Where are you looking to see your account? The Covid thing makes sense though.

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Website on my laptop, using Google Chrome on Windows.

Thanks for this. I got on through the website (only 33 minutes into the game!). 

Would have been lovely to know the app wouldn’t work anymore - since they pushed it so much before, just an email would have done. 

I definitely find the total silence the most frustrating thing, there’s never any communication about which games are and aren’t available, problems with the app or site, and I’ve emailed after multiple games about issues and I’ve never had a response. Not really good enough when you pay so much for it now. 

13 minutes ago, Heathy said:

Where are you looking to see your account? The Covid thing makes sense though.

Log into the BCFC website as normal. Go to the menu bar and tap Robins TV and then Listen Live. In top right hand corner my account is indicated by the first initial of my christian name. Tap on that and it will show you have no existing plans in place. To the left of that initial is a bad called "plans" and in there it gives you the option of subscribing for the next 12 months for £45.

Hope that helps.

21 minutes ago, Mjtsmith1 said:

Would have been lovely to know the app wouldn’t work anymore - since they pushed it so much before, just an email would have done. 

I only knew this because of the preseason games.

I started a Thread Match day audio a few hours ago as it is a specific problem now!

I spoke to a bloke for an age via chat who point blank refused to put the audio back on my account despite being told I have paid for it! (I pay for annually with my video in my account in December) Eventually he said he's just tec support and he has had a direct order from THE EFL not to add audio to the video account under any circumstances

I know that audio for some has been added back to peoples accounts. You can check this by going to your account.

They said they will be sending all comments to Bristol City

I in turn sent a message to the EFL to try and get to the bottom of WTF is going on as depending who you talk to you get a different response at tech support

The Club statement back in the summer states audio would continue!!!!!!

Edit

And have added info on the SLO sub forum!!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, lotusman said:

Just signed up for paramount so as to capture wider EFL coverage and Carabou content.

I think they've got 250 efl/Carabou Cup games this season. The cov Cup game on Tues is being streamed by them.

6 hours ago, the1stknowle said:

Just contacted live support and apparently you can't listen on the app anymore, you have to listen via browser. 

Glad I cancelled my annual audio pass then (which I did because more away matches will be on Sky now). Seems an odd decision as the app was great for listening on a phone. I noticed the app wasn’t working when I tried to watch one of the preseason games too. 

To be fair to the new 'local' provider, City did provide info that RTV would not work on the app.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/early-bird-deadline-approaching-for-robins-tv/

And I got an email pre season, which I guess (I never read it) contained the same info.

Could it have been made more explicit. Yes, clearly, but they made some effort.

As for the audio stream being available to video subscribers in the past - did it used to say this in the old video pass T&C's, because I don't remember seeing it. If not possibly Premium TV were screwing up by including it in the first place. Otherwise, it should have carried forward for your remaining sub term.

To the people mentioning subs possibly being cut short - this should not be the case if your transfer was handled correctly. For example, in my case I had a 'free' Video pass for my remaining RTV term under premium tv.

So if you were due to expire in November, you should have a pass with the new provider showing this, and you shouldn't be paying again.

12 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

As per my earlier post, I have now heard back from Sheridan Robins. She has contacted those responsible for Robins TV and if she doesn't hear back by Monday will chase on our behalf.

Superb. Well done Sarumred. Many thanks.

26 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

As for the audio stream being available to video subscribers in the past - did it used to say this in the old video pass T&C's, because I don't remember seeing it. If not possibly Premium TV were screwing up by including it in the first place. Otherwise, it should have carried forward for your remaining sub term.

This was in the FAQ last year that I found: 

image.thumb.png.22404032981ab3ea426390323bd57199.png

So I read that as it should be included...

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 2015 said:

Thought the coverage was far better today than it ever has been previously which was extremely amateur. Leroy is a good guest and summariser.

To be honest I just want to listen to radio bristol ☹️

11 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

To be fair to the new 'local' provider, City did provide info that RTV would not work on the app.

And I got an email pre season, which I guess (I never read it) contained the same info.

To the people mentioning subs possibly being cut short - this should not be the case if your transfer was handled correctly. For example, in my case I had a 'free' Video pass for my remaining RTV term under premium tv.

So if you were due to expire in November, you should have a pass with the new provider showing this, and you shouldn't be paying again.

I can't find this email in inbox at all.

In fairness, live customer service was good, responsive and not condescending. And, after a few geoblock message and double log in issues getting on to browser on mobile, the actual listening experience, quality and interface is a lot better than the app.

Does raise the question, what is the point of the app now? Would maybe have been sensibe to trial run a pre season game on this platform for subscribers so that we didnt all face the issues logging in for first game of season. And, for all the 'we emailed and notified', there is one obvious place to put the message. - on the app itself! So that could have been much better thought out as you are looking to switch customers from one way of doing things to the other.

But only fair to admit that the tech seems a lot better and the customer service quick and helpful. 

11 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Just read this link you posted and I can't obviously see that it says that audio won't be available on the app. I see it says robins tv no longer available on app when referencing video. And then at the end it says audio will continue on Robins TV. So if you are supposed to extrapolate from that that audio is on Robins TV and Robins TV is no longer on the app therefore audio isn't on app, that is a big stretch, esp considering there is still a tab on the app called Robins TV.

Much more thoughtful, clearer comms needed. 

• Like 1

Just now, the1stknowle said:

Just read this link you posted and I can't obviously see that it says that audio won't be available on the app. I see it says robins tv no longer available on app when referencing video. And then at the end it says audio will continue on Robins TV. So if you are supposed to extrapolate from that that audio is on Robins TV and Robins TV is no longer on the app therefore audio isn't on app, that is a big stretch, esp considering there is still a tab on the app called Robins TV.

Good point.

5 hours ago, the1stknowle said:

Agree, especially as that info was aimed at overseas viewers so as a domestic audio listener I didn’t even read this. 

• Like 1

I’m almost annoyed to admit I’ve signed up to this new thing so I can get audio. Hopefully it will be better than last years service. But I have to say i seriously dislike City and their approach to us fans right now. 

I have now had a reply from Sheridan Robins in response to my email on Saturday. 

Like many of you, my subscription runs until the end of November and it appears, that mine "slipped through the net" when Robins TV migrated to the new platform. Mine has now been reinstated with an expiry date of November 2024.

I think you all need to contact Robins TV and explain your individual situation as it would appear that mine was not an isolated case.

Good luck everyone!

• Thanks 1

I will post this on the other audio thread.

Thanks to those that have participated in contacting the club.

I haven't had a response but after reading Sarumred's latest post, I re-checked my account. 

It seems that a decision has been made and implemented.

OK, it's not a full package holiday to Barbados as compensation but short of us getting automatic promotion to the Premier plus winning this season's FA Cup, I'll take it. 

Hopefully a generic email to those affected in incoming. If not, Sheridan has extra work on her hands to change an amateurish customer service.

The next question is will this pass  actually let us listen to the game tomorrow night?

20240812_154808.jpg

20240812_154842.jpg

On 10/08/2024 at 08:11, jackorack said:

This according to the EFL IS NOT TRUE! All issues are to be sent to Bristol City. EFL response to me as below. 

Hello David

Thank you for your e-mail, we appreciate you getting in touch.

You will be able to see the plan available to you on the Bristol City website here. For supporters overseas, these plans will usually be the video monthly pass or the video season pass. As Bristol City operate their own streaming service then if you are experiencing any issues you would need to continue your dialogue with the Club in this respect.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Kind Regards

Danny

• Admin
1 hour ago, Sarumred said:

I have now had a reply from Sheridan Robins in response to my email on Saturday. 

Like many of you, my subscription runs until the end of November and it appears, that mine "slipped through the net" when Robins TV migrated to the new platform. Mine has now been reinstated with an expiry date of November 2024.

I think you all need to contact Robins TV and explain your individual situation as it would appear that mine was not an isolated case.

Good luck everyone!

This is an important post for everyone to read

If anyone is still having problems after the games over the Bank Holiday can you PM me directly please, as I am meeting with the club in the first week in September and will ensure it is raised

I have just had a response from Sheridan.

I emailed Sheridan at 4.30 and in less than 2 hours she very kindly responded. 

I suggested (yet again) regarding a point of contact should there be technical issues re a non-feed as opposed to just an email to the Premium TV version.

She will respond when she hears back from the independent body looking after the audio.

Most impressed.

Just arrived from RTV as below. 

So everyone overseas check to see that you have both audio and video access in your profile. 

Good evening David

Thanks for your patience whilst we sought clarification on the audio streaming rights from the EFL. We can confirm that you are entitled to access audio as part of your video pass and as such you should now have full access to all audio streams going forward.

Please let us know if you are have any issues accessing the content.

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I have an email now from the EFL confirming that they had been in contact with Bristol City FC and all video packages will include audio packages moving forward. 

Assume tonight’s game not available to view overseas? Looks like ESPN+ May no longer have EFL Cup rights…

5 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Assume tonight’s game not available to view overseas? Looks like ESPN+ May no longer have EFL Cup rights…

Todays game is live on paramount+ I paid for my first months subscription yesterday. Judging by the amount of championship footy already shown we are going to need RTV and Paramount+ subscriptions. 

From Saturday we will have access to radio Brizz back as well as the video if they don’t muck it up. 

We do have audio through RTV for tonight if you are not in a position to watch on paramount+

I think as a bonus P+ still has champions league for the season. 

let’s try and meet up for a game this season! 

17 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Todays game is live on paramount+ I paid for my first months subscription yesterday. Judging by the amount of championship footy already shown we are going to need RTV and Paramount+ subscriptions. 

From Saturday we will have access to radio Brizz back as well as the video if they don’t muck it up. 

We do have audio through RTV for tonight if you are not in a position to watch on paramount+

I think as a bonus P+ still has champions league for the season. 

let’s try and meet up for a game this season! 

Thanks mate - yes, I do have Paramount, just need to dig out my user credentials.

Edit - am in and they are advertising the game thus: “Bristol C and Coventry kick off in the opening round of the EFL Cup, as both teams look for unlikely runs.” Ouch!

And yes, we must arrange a meet up this season! 👍🏻

26 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Thanks mate - yes, I do have Paramount, just need to dig out my user credentials.

Edit - am in and they are advertising the game thus: “Bristol C and Coventry kick off in the opening round of the EFL Cup, as both teams look for unlikely runs.” Ouch!

And yes, we must arrange a meet up this season! 👍🏻

Are you talking about the american channel paramount,mickey mouse and all that?This is a serous question

Edited by johnbytheriver

1 hour ago, johnbytheriver said:

Are you talking about the american channel paramount,mickey mouse and all that?This is a serous question

Yes Paramount+ its PPV

The talk of the above may only apply to those who may or not be in North America. 

Edited by REDOXO