IGNORED

Yu Hirakawa - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

Translated from the article below:

On the 30th, it was revealed that Machida's U-23 Japan national team midfielder Yu Hirakawa (23) has received an offer from Bristol City in the English second division. The transfer is on loan with an option to buy, and the negotiations are reportedly in the final stages.

Hirakawa is a modern-style side attacker who is strong defensively, with fine touches on the ball and a unique dribbling style that varies speed and speed. Another strength is that he can play equally well on both the left and right sides. Last season, he contributed to the club's first promotion to J1 with 6 goals and 4 assists in 35 J2 league games. This season, he has 2 goals and 4 assists in 16 games.

He played in all 6 games in the U-23 Asian Cup in April, which also served as the final Asian qualifier for the Paris Olympics, and contributed to the club's qualification, and is expected to be included in the Olympic team to be announced on the 3rd of this month.

The club, currently leading the J1 league, plans to keep Hirakawa as a necessary player while giving maximum consideration to his future growth. If the transfer is completed, he will be the first player in the club's history to transfer overseas.  Bristol City finished 11th out of 24 teams in the English second division last season. The new season will kick off with a match against Hull on August 10th.

◇Hirakawa Yu: Born January 3rd, 2001, 23 years old, from Kashima City, Saga Prefecture. Saga Higashi - Yamanashi Gakuin University. In September 2021, it was decided that he would join Machida from 2023, and he made his professional debut as a special designated player in December of the same year against Niigata. In June 2023, he was selected for the first time for the Japan U-22 national team, which will be aiming for the Paris Olympics. He is 172 cm tall and weighs 70 kg. He is right-footed.

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/soccer/news/2024/07/01/kiji/20240630s00002000436000c.html#goog_rewarded

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m confident we’ve watched him live in Japan at least 30-40 times, and by different people.

I'd be volunteering to go watch a few, book a couple of days off after the game as well if work are paying for the flights in and out...

44 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Actually suggested him to DaveFevs a while ago.

Mind you, I got all of the other targets wrong..

Yep, when I was looking at forwards in Asia he was one that came out as a potential wider player wasn’t he. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

17 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m confident we’ve watched him live in Japan at least 30-40 times, and by different people.

Such horseshit

• Thanks 2

Doesn't have a great record... his best scoring season is in the Japanese 2nd division and he only scored 6 ? Also hasnt represented japan at any level... Unless people no somthing about this lad I don't? 

• Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Doesn't have a great record... his best scoring season is in the Japanese 2nd division and he only scored 6 ? Also hasnt represented japan at any level... Unless people no somthing about this lad I don't? 

Sounds promising………….

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Played 9 times for Japan u23s.  He’s a wide man not a striker fwiw.

7 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Playing in team top of j1 league

12 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

If he is anything like sakamoto at Coventry I will be a very happy man.

Does anyone have his leauge stats for this season in J1?

Try Google.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Evy11_BCFC said:

Played 90 minutes today 🤔

Saw that.  After Graham’s shout, I thought he was our man when suddenly he didn’t play a few games.

Pure guesswork that if he is our man, discussions are ongoing.

9 minutes ago, Evy11_BCFC said:

Played 90 minutes today 🤔

Not signing tomorrow then! What on earth are City waiting for with Fally? Have they forgot the Twitter password?!

8 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

I can't embed this but he looks decent, league player of the week. It seems odd that he is leaving them mid season. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7d8bnPPHgi/?locale=zh-TW&hl=am-et has he had a falling out or somthing?

Think I read it would be that clubs first player to leave for an English club? Can’t imagine many of them would turn the chance to come to the prem or championship down, has to be the dream for them. 

Interesting to note that that the Japan u23 team qualified for the Olympics in Paris, and Hirakawa was part of the team that got through via the Asian Cup.

image.png.e9082833d73181b3cea8bd83474940cf.png

You’d assume he will be part of that squad in Paris.

So if he does sign, chances are we won’t see him in a city shirt very soon.

4 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Surely if this  Japanese lad played today he isn't the number 7 tinion has mentioned so its just a bullshit rumour.

Tinnion has said so many contradictory things, who knows?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, marksy said:

Looks like whoever told me we signing a Japanese No 7 was telling the truth. Fair play to him, he’s a nice bloke and he knows how I like my coffee 👍

We’ll have to wait and sushi. You may have to tempura your excitement. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting to note that that the Japan u23 team qualified for the Olympics in Paris, and Hirakawa was part of the team that got through via the Asian Cup.

image.png.e9082833d73181b3cea8bd83474940cf.png

You’d assume he will be part of that squad in Paris.

So if he does sign, chances are we won’t see him in a city shirt very soon.

For goodness sake. Why is there always a ‘but’ with this football club! We get excited then realise he won’t play the opening game. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85

54 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Let's knock another potential signing before they play for us

Some so called supporters so negative 

You'll notice as well that they never come up with credible alternative suggestions either. (Credible being the important word).

• Like 1

Assuming this is true, I'm slightly surprised that we're looking at a player who appears to be an out-and-out winger given that Manning seems to favour the 3-4-2-1......a formation without wingers.

Given that he has been described as being "strong defensively", I wonder if the plan is to utilise him as a (relatively attacking) wing back.

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

… and you also believe the moon is made of cheese, made by the tooth fairy and Easter bunny 😀

• Like 1

Can’t help be excited if this lad and the one from Austria Vienna join. Completely different approach to recruitment by bringing players in from Europe and far east. It’s obviously a risk but why not? 

Every signing is a risk. Not sure what their English is like but other players adapt to other countries language and culture 

It at least brings an air of an unknown quantity not just for us but teams playing against us 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Ian said the 7 was done but it was due to his club as to why it wasn’t announced yet so this makes sense. We all assume where he is getting the info from!  

Hang on, Right, so we’ve signed someone, but are letting him continue to play for his (now ex) club….? 

Apart from the fact thats not contractually feasible, it’s either BS, or the “the deal is done” is just another ‘he’s told us he’d like to come’ remark. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, George Rs said:

If he can cross the ball i’m sold, haven’t had someone with a consistent delivery in years 

Eliasson was the last I remember being really solid at getting it on someones head

• Like 3

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Hang on, Right, so we’ve signed someone, but are letting him continue to play for his (now ex) club….?

As per the rest of this very long close season take it with a large pinch of salt, will worry about it when it happens 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Apart from the fact thats not contractually feasible, it’s either BS, or the “the deal is done” is just another ‘he’s told us he’d like to come’ remark. 

We're taking him on loan with an option to buy to I guess it's possible.

17 minutes ago, George Rs said:

If he can cross the ball i’m sold, haven’t had someone with a consistent delivery in years 

Is he that sort of player? From the clips I’ve seen he is more of a player who cuts in

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Played 9 times for Japan u23s.  He’s a wide man not a striker fwiw.

How does this fit into Mannings preferred 3421 with two tens rather than wingers? 

Clubs in the bag? Recruiting for 2 systems?

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

How does this fit into Mannings preferred 3421 with two tens rather than wingers? 

Might play him as a wingback, he’s been highlighted to have good defensive capabilities. 

• Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Good point well made.

I hesitate to use the term 'Clubs in the bag'

You can also add the possible striker from Rapid Vienna, says he played in a 2 at various times.. 

Which is it? 3-4-3? -3-5-2? Two tens, wide attackers?

Back 4 and any combo in front.

9 hours ago, petehinton said:

The deal could be signed but the contract and everything isn't announced until 1st July which is when the transfer window officially opens.

If that is the case what is stopping the ex-club from playing him? Could be an agreement in place that he will continue to play but if he gets injured the deal is off keeps the player in match fitness and he isn't just sat doing nothing.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

The deal could be signed but the contract and everything isn't announced until 1st July which is when the transfer window officially opens.

If that is the case what is stopping the ex-club from playing him? Could be an agreement in place that he will continue to play but if he gets injured the deal is off keeps the player in match fitness and he isn't just sat doing nothing.

Are you talking Japanese Transfer window as the EFL window officially opened 14th June. Players contracts normally run out 30th June not sure about Japan so it maybe that

Edited by westonred

5 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

IG has posted stats of the player late last night on his feed like he did for Fally. 

Did he already know about this guy or just jumping on the bandwagon now the name is out there ?

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Good point well made.

I hesitate to use the term 'Clubs in the bag'

You can also add the possible striker from Rapid Vienna, says he played in a 2 at various times.. 

Which is it? 3-4-3? -3-5-2? Two tens, wide attackers?

Back 4 and any combo in front.

I don't think it's too different. If we are signing a player like this. Either they can fulfil a wing back role or they are player that can widen the pitch in some games. 

Again, it does feel the like some fans are still stuck on starting 11's and rigid formations when the game has moved on to 16 players used in 90+ minutes and fluidity in formations.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't think it's too different. If we are signing a player like this. Either they can fulfil a wing back role or they are player that can widen the pitch in some games. 

Again, it does feel the like some fans are still stuck on starting 11's and rigid formations when the game has moved on to 16 players used in 90+ minutes and fluidity in formations.

OK well we already have McCrorie, Sykes and Tanner that can play wing back. Some games? Sounds exactly like clubs in the bag. 

If you've seen my posts in the past I've mentioned how formations are always very fluid. It's a frame work. Soon as you attack the formation changes. Soon as you defend the formation changes. 

Manning himself said about playing with the two number 10s. 

We are a club that's confused. We want to be able to play a 3 at the back formation whilst also being able to play a 433 or variation of in my opinion. And rather than recruiting for one system we are recruiting for two. What that means is instead of buying one really good number 10. We could instead be buying a decent number 10 and a decent no 7. 

It's only you that's assuming fans are stuck on formations. Playing with a 3 or a 4 at the back are two completely different systems. It's not like going from a 4231 to a 433. 

Wasn't there a point last season where our head coach was very slow to make changes in game away from the starting 11? 

• Like 3