IGNORED

Yu Hirakawa - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

12 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

Listen to the interview again when the interviewer suggested 2 months manning replied saying yes or something like it's likely the case 

He didn’t say that.

Having listened to it now I thought it was ok, honest, more upbeat & enthusiastic & comfortable in his interviews.

He can’t come out & say that the Twine stuff is shambolic & he’s clearly toeing the party line by saying we aren’t putting all our eggs in one basket when obviously we are.

• Like 2

Is Yu likely to play in the Asia Cup next Jan/Feb? I know he is representing Japan in the Olympics at U23 level, but just wondering if we will lose him to the aforementioned competition. More to the point are Manning/Tinnion aware of the possibility- was this factored in when signing him? 

• Admin
On 05/08/2024 at 20:52, Port Said Red said:

It really doesn't unless you really want to be pessimistic, seriously who is able put figures on an injury on this board? 

Nahki suffered a very similar injury at Leeds last season if I remember correctly. I think his was about 8 weeks before his return so factor in the time Yu has already been convalescing and I reckon it’ll be a similar ballpark. It seems Ian Gay received the same news over tea and biscuits with Tins in his office today 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ian M said:

Nahki suffered a very similar injury at Leeds last season if I remember correctly. I think his was about 8 weeks before his return so factor in the time Yu has already been convalescing and I reckon it’ll be a similar ballpark. It seems Ian Gay received the same news over tea and biscuits with Tins in his office today 😅

Yes that's more realistic and to be honest that probably gives him a "post season" break that will help in the long term.

I can understand why he stayed to support his team mates in Japan, it's not like he wasn't getting quality treatment and he was part of a national group.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes that's more realistic and to be honest that probably gives him a "post season" break that will help in the long term.

I can understand why he stayed to support his team mates in Japan, it's not like he wasn't getting quality treatment and he was part of a national group.

It’s a shame but absolutely nothing anyone connected with the club (or the indeed the Japanese set up) could have done about it.

He can certainly use the time to improve his English, settle in to a new City (& Country) & as he’s been playing since February, treat it as his post season break.

Was really looking forward to seeing him play, it will just be a little later than hoped.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

• Admin

At least I know the message I got a few weeks ago was correct

As to why it took so long to go public, that is unclear

Maybe the club had to wait for Tins to update Ian Gay first?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, phantom said:

At least I know the message I got a few weeks ago was correct

Japan vs Paraguay was only 2 weeks ago. So, you were leaked highly sensitive medical information before the injury happened! 😱 The plot thickens... 🧐

26 minutes ago, Pugofwar said:

Japan vs Paraguay was only 2 weeks ago. So, you were leaked highly sensitive medical information before the injury happened! 😱 The plot thickens... 🧐

I think @phantom's links to the Japanese medical team is a matter of public record.... :)

• Haha 2

• Admin
49 minutes ago, Pugofwar said:

OK Mr Pedantic, but you get my point.

His injury WAS known a long time ago, and like others he isn't the only injury the club are slow to announce

10 hours ago, Ian M said:

The only little issue is that it appears he wasn’t, they were trying to get him fit to play.  LM said on SOTC he was surprised to see him training in France.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cidre Monita said:

Is Yu likely to play in the Asia Cup next Jan/Feb? I know he is representing Japan in the Olympics at U23 level, but just wondering if we will lose him to the aforementioned competition. More to the point are Manning/Tinnion aware of the possibility- was this factored in when signing him? 

They deserve a lot of the flak that has come their way over the last year, but quite frankly this is a ridiculous question to ask.

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If I'm an optimist I'll say 4-5 weeks from the date of the injury itself.

Pessimist in me says 4-5 weeks but is that technically fit, robust and match fit etc?

Different definitions of fit really.

They don’t know what the injury is yet (based on Monday’s SOTC) as he’d not done the scans.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

To be fair by our historic average midtable Championship with some young players, decent scalps and football and yeah Cup runs isn't that bad.

My hope is that if Sinclair did bang them in, well we keep and build around given all the hard work to get out of FFP etc.

My key question is are we as a club and wider Organisation, continually striving to be the best that we can in all areas? I really can't see evidence that we are.

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

They deserve a lot of the flak that has come their way over the last year, but quite frankly this is a ridiculous question to ask.

Sorry don’t understand why that is a ridiculous question. By the sounds of it he is a rising star in Japan and could make the squad. Not heard anything from the City management so I ask again are they aware we could lose our new signing next Jan/Feb?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cidre Monita said:

Are you really asking that last question?

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They don’t know what the injury is yet (based on Monday’s SOTC) as he’d not done the scans.

LM said in presser just released 'not looking great, expecting best part of four weeks probably.'

Didn't explain what the injury was.

But Matt Parsons was 'helping him shop in Ikea and Asda yesterday'.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

LM said in presser just released 'not looking great, expecting best part of four weeks probably.'

Didn't explain what the injury was.

But Matt Parsons was 'helping him shop in Ikea and Asda yesterday'.

I’ll take four weeks personally. That’s four league matches, including one he was probably going to miss anyway, and then a full international break to get ready for Blackburn

7 hours ago, phantom said:

OK Mr Pedantic, but you get my point.

His injury WAS known a long time ago, and like others he isn't the only injury the club are slow to announce

Was an attempted joke aimed at some of the hystrionic reaction to leaks rather than at you 😉

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The only little issue is that it appears he wasn’t, they were trying to get him fit to play.  LM said on SOTC he was surprised to see him training in France.

Surely we had the right to get yu over for a scan or insist it gets done over there with our supervision, weve lost a few weeks already and the delay wont have helped.

10 hours ago, Cidre Monita said:

Sorry don’t understand why that is a ridiculous question. By the sounds of it he is a rising star in Japan and could make the squad. Not heard anything from the City management so I ask again are they aware we could lose our new signing next Jan/Feb?

Because for all their faults, of course they are aware of the potential for him to be away. In fact I dare say the loan only goes to January for that very reason (given there's conflicting stories about whether or not he signed a contract extension).

They're incompetent, but not that incompetent!

10 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Because for all their faults, of course they are aware of the potential for him to be away. In fact I dare say the loan only goes to January for that very reason (given there's conflicting stories about whether or not he signed a contract extension).

They're incompetent, but not that incompetent!

I think you give them way too much credit!

Aside from the Asia Cup It seems a strange loan deal anyway, for someone who has played a full season in Japan, followed by the Olympics & then straight into the Championship program. 

• Hmmm 1

22 hours ago, Cidre Monita said:

By the sounds of it he is a rising star in Japan and could make the squad. 

Has anyone covered off why a club chasing their first ever J league title could affotd to loan out such an apparently vital member of the squad ?

Just seems an odd move unless he was surplus to requirements.

Bad luck for the lad and hope he can integrate quickly and be a massive success here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Has anyone covered off why a club chasing their first ever J league title could affotd to loan out such an apparently vital member of the squad ?

Just seems an odd move unless he was surplus to requirements.

Bad luck for the lad and hope he can integrate quickly and be a massive success here.

Contract expiring, wants to come to Europe. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Surely we had the right to get yu over for a scan or insist it gets done over there with our supervision, weve lost a few weeks already and the delay wont have helped.

I don't see what advantage that would have given us, I am certain that the Japanese medical team would have done all this and have started the process of recovery, we haven't lost anything. 

Yu, wanted to show solidarity with his international team mates and had every right to do so.

• Like 1