IGNORED

Yu Hirakawa - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

35 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

I can assure you all my posts have been made based on factual information. 

I accept the original Friday announcement was errant but that was due to his club wanting to arrange a farewell match. 

All you seek to do is pick holes/diss persons posts. I accept that at times there is a mass of information posted that is without foundation.

My info is credible as I have connections at BCFC. I’m sick of posts like yours so from now on I won’t respond to any more tripe you post 

I reckon you’re genuine Alf. Shame if you stop posting bits. 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

I can assure you all my posts have been made based on factual information. 

I accept the original Friday announcement was errant but that was due to his club wanting to arrange a farewell match. 

All you seek to do is pick holes/diss persons posts. I accept that at times there is a mass of information posted that is without foundation.

My info is credible as I have connections at BCFC. I’m sick of posts like yours so from now on I won’t respond to any more tripe you post 

We've already been done this road. 

There was a 0% chance that we'd sign a player whilst he's still in another country without us doing a medical. 

So therefore its not factual. 

There wasn't a farewell match arranged, it was a league game. 

You posted that work permits etc were holding it up which again was false. 

When it comes to new signings I'm very much of the opinion of it will happen when it happens. But there are others who do get excited etc and you have posted things that have led to others getting frustrated. 

The only tripe is the false information you've posted countless times. Maybe if you are 'in the know' then you should consider only posting things that are factual and then you'd not leave yourself open to being criticised. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, White Stripe said:

This is somewhat off-topic (although there have been posts above about Japanese culture) but me and my wife recently finished the TV series 'Tokyo Vice'. I loved every minute of it: The better half, not so much.  Now I have that song by The Vapors going round in my brain. :)

Actually, come to think of it, I loved the film 'Lost in Translation'.

I binge watched Tokyo Vice recently too and found it gripping. The Japanese actors in particular were outstanding. Even in a crime drama you got a sense of the Japanese social culture.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, White Stripe said:

This is somewhat off-topic (although there have been posts above about Japanese culture) but me and my wife recently finished the TV series 'Tokyo Vice'. I loved every minute of it: The better half, not so much.  Now I have that song by The Vapors going round in my brain. :)

Actually, come to think of it, I loved the film 'Lost in Translation'.

Lost in Translation is one of my favourite films

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

We can definitely all learn from our mistakes Dave so I’ll digest the feedback/abuse I’ve taken 😂

if you have any respect for the person giving you your info, keep it to yourself or just share with friends you can trust. that way you cant get anyone into trouble for telling you unless of course,your source is trying to get it out there. by that i mean the bt/ig relationship sort of thing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

There was a 0% chance that we'd sign a player whilst he's still in another country without us doing a medical. 

When it comes to new signings I'm very much of the opinion of it will happen when it happens. But there are others who do get excited etc and you have posted things that have led to others getting frustrated. 

The only tripe is the false information you've posted countless times. Maybe if you are 'in the know' then you should consider only posting things that are factual and then you'd not leave yourself open to being criticised. 

What’s the road called? ‘Pessimism and Negativity’? 

• Like 2

Just now, RedRoss said:

That's all a bit heavy from someone who has criticised others 'for shutting down the discussion' and comparing this place to North Korea. 

Yes a few inaccuracies but that doesn't mean he's not getting information. He's kindly passing it on. If you and others don't believe it that's fine but I don't think he deserves too much criticism for just passing on snippets said in best faith.

I think what happens is..

*Corsham Alf hears stuff in good faith and had the best of intentions.

*Passes it on...and the accuracy it proves to be variable at best!

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Went to Seoul in 2013, fantastic place.

Would go back in a heartbeat.

Went to Soul a couple of years back whilst also visiting Taiwan.

What great places, amazing food and everyone and thing seems superior in terms of respect, manors and light years ahead. Wow.......ohhh and racoon & mearcat cafes, genius.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

That's all a bit heavy from someone who has criticised others 'for shutting down the discussion' and comparing this place to North Korea. 

Yes a few inaccuracies but that doesn't mean he's not getting information. He's kindly passing it on. If you and others don't believe it that's fine but I don't think he deserves too much criticism for just passing on snippets said in best faith.

I'm not shutting down discussion, I was shutting down incorrect information. 

If I were to post certain things I knew, I'd try and make sure that what I'm posting is accurate by using common sense. Like for example I'd not say we are going to announce a signing who's abroad and who's not even stepped foot in Bristol. 

Bcfcshags used to get the right balance. That's the benchmark. 

If someone posts inaccurate informed then it's just natural that people are going to call them out on that and I've not been the only one to do that so a bit bizarre why you're calling me out. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Shags is very much still around, just not on OTIB!  At least I don’t think he is!!!

And he is one of main sources afaik!

Has he recently turned down multiple contracts with his current employer?

• Haha 4
  • Flames 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Think it was said previously it wasn’t him, if i remember correctly. 

Edited by George Rs

Just now, George Rs said:

Think it was said previously it wasn’t him, if i remeber correctly. 

It was Scotty Murray I heard. 

Although this could have some inaccuracies.

Posted (edited)

I am presently within walking distance of the Gate, if it wasn't raining I could nip on past and see if anything going on.

5 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

So any chance of an 8 oclock announcement?

I highly doubt it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

So any chance of an 8 oclock announcement?

At some point tomorrow would seem most likely if he’s doing his medical today and all the terms have been pre agreed. 

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I thought his name was Mcshaggs

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Can everyone chill out I'm having to read through all your bitching it's annoying can we keep this to hirakawa talk thanks 

Ok dad.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cheese said:

If you think that's mental, we have 11 people on the pitch who identify as professional footballers!  Worlds gone mad.

And a work experience kid who identifies as our chairman! 2024 eh. Madness. 

• Like 2

Just now, Crackers Corner said:

Anyone else think he will be announced once in Portugal after medical and contract in Bristol? Before I get roasted I have zero inside info.

Guessing media team are in Portugal?

Bottle of Mat-Yu-es Rose anyone?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Guessing media team are in Portugal?

Bottle of Mat-Yu-es Rose anyone?

Get the Fever Pitch team on it.

Their maverick inspirational thinking will have him standing next to a cow in a City shirt, alongside a big poster of a red diamond on a white background that is inspired by the Clifton Suspension bridge and the Japanese flag🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Corsham Alf said:

Thank you Dave. As usual you’ve hit the nail on the proverbial head.

In hindsight my excitement led me to post rather in haste. I will be more careful from now on.

But I am rather despondent at some of the recent posts I’ve read so for now I’m going to revert to just reading/and not posting. 

Don’t take any notice, I and I expect quite a few others enjoy hearing titbits. Keep on posting, so what if your a few days out.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Their maverick inspirational thinking will have him standing next to a cow in a City shirt, alongside a big poster of a red diamond on a white background that is inspired by the Clifton Suspension bridge and the Japanese flag🙄

they should have done yu and fally together, started with a chequered body painted pair of tits with 'a fine pair of bristols'  now thats maverick

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I’m slightly terrified of whatever cultural appropriation they have planned. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

In hindsight my excitement led me to post rather in haste. I will be more careful from now on.

But I am rather despondent at some of the recent posts I’ve read so for now I’m going to revert to just reading/and not posting. 

Take no notice, always good to hear a few titbits during the close season. Mind you with your source throwing you a few curve balls you could end up being known as Unlucky Alf…

IMG_0128.png.373259afe42927acdd9b7a759bd7086b.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The vapours start playing then David Sylvian comes out of the mist in the new City shirt carrying some sushi while a picture of Tokyo from 1946 and 2024 merge on a screen behind him, then Yu walks out, looking totally bewildered as Aneka bursts out singing 'Japanese boy'.

That's my guess anyway. 😉

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 7

I wouldn't listen to that wum from weston, he's an outlier.

Keep posting.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

<INTRO>
We see the outside of the Budokan, and zoom in to see two Sumo wrestlers in Red and White trunks. As the camera zooms in further, we see Martin Kuhl and Lee Tomlin with hands on knees, squaring up.

<VOICEOVER>
”Bristol City have always had links with Japan. From the rising sun pub to overweight players who would be more at home in the circle, the club are closer to the Orient than Orient. But now, comes a bigger link. A player the club have seen 40 times live. A player who saw Ashton Gate bouncing against Southampton, and wanted to join..

<CUT TO CITY PLAYERS IN JAPANESE GARB>

Samurai Bell

Hari-Kari Cornick

Kalmakazi Naismith

<CUT TO YU WITH JAPANESE FLAG>

VOICEOVER 

“And now he is here.”

<CUT TO FEVER PITCH LOGO>

• Like 2
  • Haha 17

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

<INTRO>
We see the outside of the Budokan, and zoom in to see two Sumo wrestlers in Red and White trunks. As the camera zooms in further, we see Martin Kuhl and Lee Tomlin with hands on knees, squaring up.

<VOICEOVER>
”Bristol City have always had links with Japan. From the rising sun pub to overweight players who would be more at home in the circle, the club are closer to the Orient than Orient. But now, comes a bigger link. A player the club have seen 40 times live. A player who saw Ashton Gate bouncing against Southampton, and wanted to join..

Samurai Bell

Hari-Kari Cornick

Kalmakazi Naismith

VOICEOVER 

“And now he is here.”

Bell doesn't look to happy!

image.thumb.png.0742232ef0276dda426bea44299e1880.png

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

<INTRO>

<VOICEOVER>

Samurai Bell

Hari-Kari Cornick

Kalmakazi Naismith

VOICEOVER 

“And now he is here.”

Given that he was born in Kashima which is pretty close to Nagasaki, the "Inspirational leader" will no doubt have a nuclear explosion followed by him walking through the flames with a "from the ashes of defeat, comes a new hero".🤦‍♂️

This is his Fever Pitch Bio after all...

Screenshot_20240707_200733_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by NcnsBcfc

Given that he was born in Kashima which is pretty close to Nagasaki, the "Inspirational leader" will no doubt have a nuclear explosion followed by him walking through the flames with a "from the ashes of defeat, comes a new hero".🤦‍♂️

It’s just dawned on me…is Fever Pitch a creative video agency or a kit design house…or both?  Or none??.

4 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

he looks like hes just found his tinky winky for the first time

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

they should have done yu and fally together, started with a chequered body painted pair of tits with 'a fine pair of bristols'  now thats maverick

Ah, another oblique reference to our illustrious duo!

Not sure Jon would stand to be painted, but if it's happening, just make sure it's non toxic paint:

We don't really need Fever Pitch's Maverick any higher than he is already, although BT may spiral into a universe where his timelines make sense.

You mean " from the ashes of disaster, grow the roses of success" to quote some ex MP who's name escapes me !

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

For Christs sake - why do you feel the need to criticise all the time?  If you think someone's passing on incorrect information just let it go.  Your constant criticism of anyone and everything is getting, quite frankly, boring.  So, putting you on ignore from now on so I don't have to keep skipping by your tripe.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

<INTRO>

<VOICEOVER>

Samurai Bell

Hari-Kari Cornick

Kalmakazi Naismith

VOICEOVER 

“And now he is here.”

By the end of the week the Japanese government will announce that they're suspending all diplomatic relations with the UK due to the offence caused.

• Haha 1

• Admin
58 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Not that maverick if you've already thought of it 😉

Apologies if you are in fact JonL.

18 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Ah, another oblique reference to our illustrious duo!

Not sure Jon would stand to be painted, but if it's happening, just make sure it's non toxic paint:

We don't really need Fever Pitch's Maverick any higher than he is already, although BT may spiral into a universe where his timelines make sense.

i wouldnt want those two painted, hung out to dry maybe..

58 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

The vapours start playing then David Sylvian comes out of the mist in the new City shirt carrying some sushi while a picture of Tokyo from 1946 and 2024 merge on a screen behind him, then Yu walks out, looking totally bewildered as Aneka bursts out singing 'Japanese boy'.

That's my guess anyway. 😉

https://youtu.be/wfQhm3Y9FGk?si=Nnn8dc8ccnbclHLo

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

<INTRO>

<VOICEOVER>

Samurai Bell

Hari-Kari Cornick

Kalmakazi Naismith

VOICEOVER 

“And now he is here.”

👏👏👏👏👏👏

It’s just dawned on me…is Fever Pitch a creative video agency or a kit design house…or both?  Or none??.

I thought that when I read it - what have kits got to do with video / creative arts?

To directly answer your question….   Ummm a rich man’s play thing…. 

• Like 4

On 06/07/2024 at 06:11, Tom said:

For our non-tech savvy friends:

https://www.zelvia.co.jp/news/news-270829/

Google translate says: "We would like to inform you that FC Machida Zelvia player Yu Hirakawa will leave the team after the Meiji Yasuda J1 League Round 22 match against Nagoya Grampus, kicking off at 6:00 PM on Saturday, July 6th, in order to complete the necessary procedures and preparations for a transfer to an overseas club.

After undergoing a local medical check, he is scheduled to sign a formal contract, and we will provide an update once the contract has been signed."

He will be playing at 10am UK time, so fingers crossed for no awful injury!

hirakawa.png

I thought fever pitch was a Nick Hornby Book and a film with Colin Firth about Arsenal

8 minutes ago, numbeast said:

Nick Hornby Book and a film with Colin Firth about Arsenal

Not another "A Saturday Night Fever" ???? ................................:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Tim Monaghan said:

@Corsham Alf I think I owe you an apology. I’ve been on jury service this week and I’ve got a pretty brutal case that’s the worse kind you can think of, so I’ve been a bit horrible to be around this week. It’s obviously not fair to take my own emotions out on others this week as I did in my post to you. 

So please accept my apologies. 

Dont really see enough of this to be honest. I’ve no idea what went on, but fair play. 👏 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tim Monaghan said:

@Corsham Alf I think I owe you an apology. I’ve been on jury service this week and I’ve got a pretty brutal case that’s the worse kind you can think of, so I’ve been a bit horrible to be around this week. It’s obviously not fair to take my own emotions out on others this week as I did in my post to you. 

So please accept my apologies. 

Fully understand that and happily accept. Very gracious of you to do so. 

We are all fans of the club and share a common interest. I’ve been following BCFC for over 45 years, the last 12 as a season ticket holder. 

If I share information it genuinely is because I’m excited- but clearly I need to validate the info first. It’s all a learning curve. 

• Like 15

2 hours ago, greengrass said:

Song suggestion for his first appearance at AG. 1963 uk top ten single. Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto. I believe Sukiyake in a food in Japan. Would make him feel at home.

Or, the libretto from The Mikado................... oh, no , on second thoughts a bit non p c !

Fully understand that and happily accept. Very gracious of you to do so. 

We are all fans of the club and share a common interest. I’ve been following BCFC for over 45 years, the last 12 as a season ticket holder. 

If I share information it genuinely is because I’m excited- but clearly I need to validate the info first. It’s all a learning curve. 

I've appreciated the info you've given. Thank you.

• Like 2