IGNORED

Yu Hirakawa - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

6 hours ago, Harry said:

So, Yu says he’s hoping to recover for the next game, but Gay says he’s coming back? 
Which is it? Should we believe Yu or Gay? 

Is the next game v Yuaregay?

sexy homer simpson GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well. Ian Gay has had his say. And as normal it’s insightful. “He’ll be on his way  back that’s for sure”. Thanks Captain obvious, I thought after getting an injury he’d decide not to come back.

Absolute weapon.

IMG_3469.jpeg

And yet he's still likely to be wrong, there's absolutely no chance anyone has made a decision on whether he stays or returns at the point he made that post.

There's every chance it's just a bad impact injury and he'll carry on out there. Even if he's ruled out of the next game he'd likely still stay you'd think as he could have a full week's rest before the quarter's if they make it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo B said:

make your mind up is come back or not, to me it looked a serious injury let’s hope not we had enough of injuries last year and years before . It bad luck again 

I may be off target?   But with the consideration as to who pays his wages, and the contract he has signed, then this surely   would dictate where his loyalties and responsibilities lie?  If he is carrying an injury, and is in need   of getting it treated,   then it has to be a priority     for him to be ready to perform for his main employer's??

Edited by maxjak

11 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

How long before we get the dreaded news that he’s out for the season.  It’s just our luck! 

What is the saying"if it wasn't for bad luck we would get no luck at all". Always seems to ring true for us.

• Like 1

I was chatting with my mate the other day and said I hate that we're signing a player who then going to go play at a highly competitive level before even playing for us, with our record of new signings getting injured this was my concern.
I really hope it's minor and that he'll be back soon, a big signing who isn't getting to train with us, doesn't speak English and is now injured, I don't think he's going to adapt quickly at this rate.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, REDOXO said:

What a nasty niggly stamp that was.

A proper ankle snapper. 

Such an atypical South American challenge......so cynical and completely unnecessary, just a case of "I'm here, so watch out"   It is fortunate that Messi moved to Spain, because if he had remained playing in Argentina, he would have had been kicked to pieces, and would never have become the superb footballer  we all know?   South American defenders almost see it as a badge of honour to kick skillful  players out of the game?  Et Yu Brute?

25 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Such an atypical South American challenge......so cynical and completely unnecessary, just a case of "I'm here, so watch out"   It is fortunate that Messi moved to Spain, because if he had remained playing in Argentina, he would have had been kicked to pieces, and would never have become the superb footballer  we all know?   South American defenders almost see it as a badge of honour to kick skillful  players out of the game?  Et Yu Brute?

Maradona was kicked to pieces/butchered, but that was in Europe.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

I was chatting with my mate the other day and said I hate that we're signing a player who then going to go play at a highly competitive level before even playing for us, with our record of new signings getting injured this was my concern.
I really hope it's minor and that he'll be back soon, a big signing who isn't getting to train with us, doesn't speak English and is now injured, I don't think he's going to adapt quickly at this rate.

The worry for me is , he’s already played part of a season. Gone off to the Olympics , then coming into a very intense league. My fear is he’ll be burnt out by Christmas 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The worry for me is , he’s already played part of a season. Gone off to the Olympics , then coming into a very intense league. My fear is he’ll be burnt out by Christmas 

Relax.He may not play again before Christmas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

That’s OK.

Isn’t that when his loan expires anyway? 😠

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

This was posted a while back, since then he has walked into and back out of a press conference  where he said he was hoping to be available for the next match. I don't think we should be in panic mode yet.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ian is singing an optimistic tune etc.

He is correct that's the message City received, though he's clearly copy and pasted that from someone who is not great with spelling... 

I wonder who in our club that could be 🤦

He did miss that it will be weeks not months on the sidelines 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

He is correct that's the message City received, though he's clearly copy and pasted that from someone who is not great with spelling... 

Weeks? That is a relief, relatively speaking.

Hopefully Hirakawa will make as strong and sustainable a recovery as possible. ie The right balance between back ASAP and not too soon.

20 minutes ago, phantom said:

I wonder why they bothered appointing Sheridan Robins. 😀😀😀

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

This was posted a while back, since then he has walked into and back out of a press conference  where he said he was hoping to be available for the next match. I don't think we should be in panic mode yet.

image.png.12a42d97a211058d97d368960c0c062c.png

15 minutes ago, mozo said:

When is our injury crisis going to start gaining momentum. Disappointing start so far :whistle:

Usually starts about 10 minutes into the first game of the season.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mozo said:

When is our injury crisis going to start gaining momentum. Disappointing start so far :whistle:

Yes.

It's just limping along at the moment. :whistle:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

This was posted a while back, since then he has walked into and back out of a press conference where he said he was hoping to be available for the next match.........

................  pulled his hamstring!

Edited by downendcity
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Hang on, this is almost exactly what was posted on this forum only hours after the game, he didn't need to get this from the club his "source" could just as easily be OTIB. 

28 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

He'd better not be out for the season, I've just had this arrive! 😂

20240725_182834.jpg

20240725_182856.jpg

Hope you didn't buy a Lithuanian national one when we signed Andrius Velicka on loan!  🥺

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Maradona was kicked to pieces/butchered, but that was in Europe.

Pele was kicked out of the '66 world cup.

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We could just get Ian to act as their spokesman? 

God can you imagine Ian interviewing players. Tanner gets 3 words into his answer before Ian interrupts to correct him.

• Haha 2

• Admin
54 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Yes it does seem to be for the Olympics. I didn't realise that at the time though, so just went with his City number instead.

So apart from the wrong number, and the wrong name it was a nice gesture

• Haha 4

Just now, phantom said:

So apart from the wrong number, and the wrong name it was a nice gesture

Not the wrong name. He had Hirakawa on his shirt while playing for Japan in Olympics the other day. Have applied to have Yu instead playing for City though. Not bothered about the number. Will wear a different number each time playing for Japan anyway.

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

• Admin
1 minute ago, Ashton Yate said:

Not the wrong name. He had Hirakawa on his shirt while playing for Japan in Olympics the other day. Have applied to have Yu instead playing for City though. Not bothered about the number. Will wear a different number each time playing for Japan anyway.

I reckon it would make a great impression on him if you could show him the shirt as soon to the start of the season as possible

9 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Yes, but there are some on this thread asking if we could possibly cancel the loan or “typical Bristol City” because a bloke picked up a knock in a game we had no control over.

Send him back to Japan for his recovery was another.

Good news (unless you are only on here to catastrophise, of course).

• Like 1

On 24/07/2024 at 22:42, Silvio Dante said:

Well. Ian Gay has had his say. And as normal it’s insightful. “He’ll be on his way  back that’s for sure”. Thanks Captain obvious, I thought after getting an injury he’d decide not to come back.

Absolute weapon.

IMG_3469.jpeg

On 24/07/2024 at 23:55, Harry said:

So, Yu says he’s hoping to recover for the next game, but Gay says he’s coming back? 
Which is it? Should we believe Yu or Gay? 

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ian is singing an optimistic tune etc.

So Gay has gone from “he’ll be on his way back that’s for sure” to it being “not very serious” and “a decision to be taken soon as to whether he flys back”. 

You couldn’t make it up. Well, actually you could. And he did. 
🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

56 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

See my other post mate - their source for this is a Twitter account set up when Yu joined that just shitposts in Japanese any stories from the club, Bristol Live or prominent Twitter accounts. The source for that Twitter accounts report is Ian Gay, so it may be true but is actually the internet eating itself.

• Admin
51 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, but there are some on this thread asking if we could possibly cancel the loan or “typical Bristol City” because a bloke picked up a knock in a game we had no control over.

Tbf "typical Bristol City" type comments was bemoaning our luck, not critical of the club.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I really don't mind that Ian has inside information it's all good. However, I can't stand the 'As I said' replies he has. It just screams ego to me. 

He’s also not the only one with insider links, there have been a dozen or so people who have predicted scenarios very accurately. 

45 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

See my other post mate - their source for this is a Twitter account set up when Yu joined that just shitposts in Japanese any stories from the club, Bristol Live or prominent Twitter accounts. The source for that Twitter accounts report is Ian Gay, so it may be true but is actually the internet eating itself.

At least the Japanese account corrected the grammar 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

As he is here on loan and not our player then his parent club will make the final decisions on any rehabilitation. If they wish for him to return to Japan for treatment then that is probably their right, although unlikely if its just a minor injury. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I really don't mind that Ian has inside information it's all good. However, I can't stand the 'As I said' replies he has. It just screams ego to me. 

Totally agree. Embarrassing for a bloke his age. 

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Maybe you need to take comments with a pinch a salt and not get too emotional 🥹