IGNORED

Yu Hirakawa - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

32 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I’m really excited by this, as somebody who lives in East Asia, loves to visit Japan and follows the J-League a little bit. Machida are a small team from a quiet Tokyo suburb that have come from absolutely nowhere.. mid table in the J2 two years ago, champions last year and now well on course to be the most unlikely ever champions of Japan. Their team must be a hot bed of talent and superbly coached to do what they have done, and I’d be delighted to see a highly rated young player from this side of the world play for the city.

Here are his stats, for the record:

IMG_2140.png

I see his cross accuracy will fit right in/

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

Did you know Farage only has one bollock?Β  He's a bit like Hitler.

And as the ditty went " and with that knacker, he rolled tobbacer around the bunker wall"Β  Β  re farage probs rumour from bbc

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cheese said:

I see his cross accuracy will fit right in/

Crossing is actually an inefficient route to goal in this day and age or can be but that is another debate for a tactical thread probably.

In these days of packed central areas or 2 v 1 in wide areas offensively and defensively..I wonder.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 hours ago, Henry said:

I’d be interested to know who is dealing with all the contracts and paperwork side for it. It’s a completely new market and requirements for the club. I can’t imagine the Geordie or Japanese language barrier is easy to manage!

wyeye and ahso cant be that hard for them to work out between them can it?

2 hours ago, Chivs said:

Did you know Farage only has one bollock?Β  He's a bit like Hitler.

I'll take your word for it.

But who's "a bit like Hitler"?

Farage or the bollock?

Either way, it makes no difference, as he's competing against wimpy arseholes like Sunak, Starmer, Davey and the like..

What a bunch of pathetic, spineless losers.

Are these really the best they could find to run this country?

If so, God help us.

Right now we need a strong leader, who is courageous, honest, articulate, and principled, to steer our country out of this mess.

Unfortunately. it's always been, and still is, a case of wash, rinse, repeat.

I loathe smarmy, deceitful, self-serving politicians as much as I hate Rovers.

Rant over.

Back to topic.

Song for Hirakawa if he signs,

"Yu'll never walk alone".

Β 

Β 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

11 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Farage or the bollock?

Either way, it makes no difference, as he's competing against wimpy arseholes like Sunak, Starmer, Davey and the like..

If so, God help us.

Right now we need a strong leader, who is courageous, honest, articulate, and principled, to steer our country out of this mess.

Rant over.

Back to topic.

Β 

Β 

Farage is sometimes articulate, I'll give you that one.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

And you know this how ?Β 

I read about one on a noteworthy news site like the BBC (can't remember exactly where). The other was the subject of a popular ditty from the 1940s.

3 hours ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Apologies as this isn’t the correct thread as such, but with conversations around formation etc. is Naismith expected to stay this summer, he’s almost the forgotten man at the moment!

Apparently on his way back still, but still not considered fit enough to join those training. Calf injury that can only be treated with rest.

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I’m really excited by this, as somebody who lives in East Asia, loves to visit Japan and follows the J-League a little bit. Machida are a small team from a quiet Tokyo suburb that have come from absolutely nowhere.. mid table in the J2 two years ago, champions last year and now well on course to be the most unlikely ever champions of Japan. Their team must be a hot bed of talent and superbly coached to do what they have done, and I’d be delighted to see a highly rated young player from this side of the world play for the city.

Here are his stats, for the record:

IMG_2140.png

The person who told me we were signing a Japanese No7 a month ago was absolutely raving about how good he is.

He knows his stuff as well!Β 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Slack said:

So to clarify is he the number 7 Tinns was on about or was that more in hope of Twine?Β 

This is the way I see it currently in terms of the β€˜numbers’ we have been chasing:

9 (1) - Fally Mayulu

9 (2) -  Sandro Kulenović

7 - Yu Hirakawa

10 - Scott Twine

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

How do we think this one will be announced? Will they find a roof in Japan and take the same sort of moody pictures we seem to on our own roof?Β 

I had this theory yesterday in a conversation with my son, let's see how I do....

I hope they tell us them all today and don't drip feed over the week

Today: Fally and Goalkeeping kit
Tomorrow: Japanese guy and third kit
Wednesday: Croatian and away kit.
Thursday: 4th guy and home kit shorts.
Friday: Home kit and video of Fally falling off a bike in Portugal and breaking his leg.

Β 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, TammyAB said:

Farage is sometimes articulate, I'll give you that one.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not advocating Farage or any other politician/party.

In my opinion virtually every politician is a self-serving liar.

They are elected to serve the people of this country, not to rule over them.

We'd be better off without them.

Β 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

How do we think this one will be announced? Will they find a roof in Japan and take the same sort of moody pictures we seem to on our own roof?Β 

A Markus Henriksen hotel stairwell style photo shoot presumably.

32 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not advocating Farage or any other politician/party.

Β 

Someone didn’t get the β€˜leave politics out of it’ memo…

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Farage or the bollock?

If so, God help us.

Rant over.

Back to topic.

Β 

Β 

Are you seriously suggesting Fromage is honest?!?!?!?!? Principled?!!?!? That shameless grifter has one principle only - "pay up"

• Flames 1

• Admin

Any truth in the rumour that this was done weeks ago but that Fever Pitch cannot settle on which song with "You" in the lyrics (pretty much the entire history of popular music) to use as the reveal video?

(apologies for the shit joke....)

Β 

7 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Any truth in the rumour that this was done weeks ago but that Fever Pitch cannot settle on which song with "You" in the lyrics (pretty much the entire history of popular music) to use as the reveal video?

Β 

One of the pitfalls of having a β€œmaverick” in charge of the agency. He’s probably got 10,000 ideas whirring round his head at once and can’t decide which one is shitter than β€œMustang Sally”.

Β 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

One of the pitfalls of having a β€œmaverick” in charge of the agency. He’s probably got 10,000 ideas whirring round his head at once and can’t decide which one is shitter than β€œMustang Sally”.

Β 

If he doesn't come, it could be Without You (Yu) by NilssonΒ 

If he does maybe Sweet Dreams are Made of This - (Yu)rythmicsΒ 

:)

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

If he doesn't come, it could be Without You (Yu) by NilssonΒ 

If he does maybe Sweet Dreams are Made of This - (Yu)rythmicsΒ 

:)

See, I’m also a Maverick. And if you remember β€œDo You Really Like It” by DJ Pied Piper, in the middle of it it goes

”How You Like My, How You Like My, How You Like My, Style” - and if you listen to how it’s sung, Hirakawa fits like a glove on the β€œHow You Like My”. So, I’m going maverick and going for that.

I got Night Fever, complete with the SNF parody, when we signed Jason, so I can afford a gamble.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

See, I’m also a Maverick. And if you remember β€œDo You Really Like It” by DJ Pied Piper, in the middle of it it goes

”How You Like My, How You Like My, How You Like My, Style” - and if you listen to how it’s sung, Hirakawa fits like a glove on the β€œHow You Like My”. So, I’m going maverick and going for that.

I got Night Fever, complete with the SNF parody, when we signed Jason, so I can afford a gamble.

As he is unlikely to be here "live" how aboutΒ 

If I Had a Photograph of Yu

Flock of Seagulls?

Β 

• Flames 1

38 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Β 

Oh god, here comes another 3 pages of dodgy song puns. No point checking this thread now for actual news. Best wait until it is moved across with confirmed in the title now.

• Like 1

Just now, robin_unreliant said:

Oh god, here comes another 3 pages of dodgy song puns. No point checking this thread now for actual news. Best wait until it is moved across with confirmed in the title now.

Yu will never find out....

• Admin
1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

Or signup to the new Whatsapp group?

Β 

54 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Are you seriously suggesting Fromage is honest?!?!?!?!? Principled?!!?!? That shameless grifter has one principle only - "pay up"

No one cares what you think of Farage. Stop ruining our football forum ffs.

• Like 2
  • Flames 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Β 

Stop. Please.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Β 

Who gives a shit, you are the exact type of person to queue outside the polling stations on Thursday morning, as you are so excited to share your views.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

It's quite annoying isn't it. A small thing that shouldn't be, but if you only check OTIB a couple of times a day, seeing a thread having lots of activity - then viewing it to see it's filled with loads of unfunny jokes/puns is a little frustrating.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Who gives a shit, you are the exact type of person to queue outside the polling stations on Thursday morning, as you are so excited to share your views.

Probably queues single file at a pub / bar as well . Weirdos

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's quite annoying isn't it. A small thing that shouldn't be, but if you only check OTIB a couple of times a day, seeing a thread having lots of activity - then viewing it to see it's filled with loads of unfunny jokes/puns is a little frustrating.

Especially when it’s always the same usual suspects. If your life is sad enough that you need to tell jokes to strangers online, find another website.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Especially when it’s always the same usual suspects. If your life is sad enough that you need to tell jokes to strangers online, find another website.

Yeah, I agree with you completely about certain posters contributions. If they want to contribute that sort of thing, there's a place for it.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Fake an onsen using the plunge pool at the HPC?

Scene:

A can of Strong Zero resting at the side of a pool, in mean onsen, comes into focus.

The lights dim as we see a head rising from below the waterline. We see only a vague outline of the top half of the bather.

We hear the can of Strong Zero being cracked open, and then an 'Ah' from the hero as he takes a gulp of liquid from the can.

The lights come up and we see the head of the smiling drinker come into focus.

'Konnichiwa Bristol City.'

Fade to black.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Was it Tinnion.

Can’t remember. Whoever it was though said he was f ing good, he also said he thought Tommy has had his head turned.Β 
Previously to that he said we were after two big mobile strikers who could score goals. He then asked us β€œ Where do you find them, everyone wants those types” 

6 minutes ago, marksy said:

Can’t remember. Whoever it was though said he was f ing good, he also said he thought Tommy has had his head turned.Β 
Previously to that he said we were after two big mobile strikers who could score goals. He then asked us β€œ Where do you find them, everyone wants those types” 

If Tinnion told me the sky was blue I'd have to double check.

His reliability is questionable.

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That would be sensible as it’s usually grey

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just as if Tinnion would tell me or anyone else, a month in advance about us signing a Japanese No7.Β 

Posted (edited)

Meanwhile back onto my level....

I was trying to think of a song with Hero in it (sounds like Hira)...

And then suddenly....Tom Hark came to mind...

Hir-a-kaw-a.

On behalf of the Major, and those who obviously aren't worthy enough, I claim my prize for Yu's song.

Β 

Β 

Edited by Norn Iron
Spelling
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, marksy said:

Just as if Tinnion would tell me or anyone else, a month in advance about us signing a Japanese No7.Β 

Let us hope then that his delivery is better than some of his proclamations. Fally seems a good start, fingers crossed on the rest.

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

If he gets us 20 goals a season then I couldn’t care less.Β 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

That is exactly how sad my life is.

Please don't make me leave πŸ™

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Nothing Compares 2 Yu

• Like 2