IGNORED

Yu Hirakawa - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

32 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Came on thinking there would be an update on this lad, but of course not, this is OTIB, just people spouting irrelevant garbage. 

Standard

58 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Seeing it “Hot” made me think there would be news……but no, just a bunch of virgins telling shit jokes and some politics bollox. Never change Otib, never change.

Don't know what Yu mean

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Nothing Compares 2 Yu

That is actually the one! So easy, has a kind of football chant melody/drone to it. And it makes sense.

Great work!

Bugger me, there’s some chippy bastards on here tonight.

Basic fact lads - there really isn’t much to discuss about a man who none of us have seen play until he signs. And the other basic fact is this - people use forums different ways. I don’t find a lot of the gags funny but people can use them, and as long as the topic stays on conversation broadly (with humour whether it appeals to you or not) - I’m not sure that’s an issue. As Robbored would say, that’s what the ignore button is for. Politics and going way off piste there is a case for but shit jokes and relevant tangents are fine IMO.

If any of you want a forum that just appeals to your only whim you’re better off going on Twitter and blocking people. Others have. Until that point, realise that your whines about people’s jokes serve to make a subject “hot” as well

(Full disclosure - Major - I really don’t find you funny but totally respect your right not to be so - therefore please carry on!)

• Like 9
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, P'head Red said:

Came on thinking there would be an update on this lad, but of course not, this is OTIB, just people spouting irrelevant garbage. 

1 hour ago, Mr Hankey said:

Seeing it “Hot” made me think there would be news……but no, just a bunch of virgins telling shit jokes and some politics bollox. Never change Otib, never change.

To be fair, the reason the thread is hot right now are the 50 posts complaining about the 5 or 6 political posts or similar number of crap jokes 😂

3 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

A quick update on our Japanese winger. Medical at the HPC on Monday. If all goes to plan he will be announced same day, then fly to join the squad in Portugal. 

Its happening people 👍👌

@robin_unreliant

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

A quick update on our Japanese winger. Medical at the HPC on Monday. If all goes to plan he will be announced same day, then fly to join the squad in Portugal. 

Its happening people 👍👌

Any news on the Croat and the Swindonian?

18 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

Its happening people 👍👌

I think they're very keen to get as many players as possible together out in Portugal.....

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:
It's been seven hours and fifteen days
Since Brian said it’s done
I post every night and post all day
Since Yu was on his way
Since Yu is done I can post whatever I want
I can reply to whomever I choose
I can post my fish puns in a fancy italic font
But nothing
I said nothing can take away these blues
'Cause nothing compares
Nothing compares to Yu

Very good @Davefevs, very good 👏😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

Its happening people 👍👌

Cheers for the info 🙂 

I wonder if we’re expecting anything else imminently? It was two done then three done then only one announced. Sounds like Hirakawa is Monday, so where’s our mystery third? Kulenovic sounds a long way off ‘done’, so can’t be him. But then Brian does go early 🤣

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

Its happening people 👍👌

Wow, fair play to player to completely disrupt his Olympic preps / routine so close to the tournament.

+++++

Japan squad announced tomorrow I believe.

Edited by Davefevs

49 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

Its happening people 👍👌

Isn’t he going to the Olympics?

Skim read the last couple of pages lads, am I right thinking the Japanese lad is coming over on a dinghy and Farage isn’t happy and is refusing to open the roof ? 
Oh that and the Major being questioned about his comedic qualities? (FWIW I love the Majors posts) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

50 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

Its happening people 👍👌

You said yesterday he was due to be announced over the next few days, assuming he had not already had his medical if this was the case..?

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wow, fair play to player to completely disrupt his Olympic preps / routine so close to the tournament.

+++++

Japan squid announced tomorrow I believe.

took me ages to find your fish in there but got there in the end:clap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bugger me, there’s some chippy bastards on here tonight.

Basic fact lads - there really isn’t much to discuss about a man who none of us have seen play until he signs. And the other basic fact is this - people use forums different ways. I don’t find a lot of the gags funny but people can use them, and as long as the topic stays on conversation broadly (with humour whether it appeals to you or not) - I’m not sure that’s an issue. As Robbored would say, that’s what the ignore button is for. Politics and going way off piste there is a case for but shit jokes and relevant tangents are fine IMO.

If any of you want a forum that just appeals to your only whim you’re better off going on Twitter and blocking people. Others have. Until that point, realise that your whines about people’s jokes serve to make a subject “hot” as well

(Full disclosure - Major - I really don’t find you funny but totally respect your right not to be so - therefore please carry on!)

Speak for yourself, I've watched him live 30-40 times, each time with a different person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Meanwhile back onto my level....

I was trying to think of a song with Hero in it (sounds like Hira)...

And then suddenly....Tom Hark came to mind...

Hir-a-kaw-a.

On behalf of the Major, and those who obviously aren't worthy enough, I claim my prize for Yu's song.

This might help..... 

He's got to be strong, he's got to be fast and he's got to be fresh from the fight

I had a slightly left field thought on the song side.

"So how Yu can play 

You give me the dreams that are mine anyway

You're from half the world away

Half the world away

Half the world away"

And then I am stuck on the last two lines. :)

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:
It's been seven hours and fifteen days
Since Brian said it’s done
I post every night and post all day
Since Yu was on his way
Since Yu is done I can post whatever I want
I can reply to whomever I choose
I can post my fish puns in a fancy italic font
But nothing
I said nothing can take away these blues
'Cause nothing compares
Nothing compares to Yu

If he doesn't sign, can we sing "No More Hiras"?

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Confirmed he’s in their Olympics squad.

How will this work I wonder, assume he is fit as had been playing in Japan this summer. Will he have some pre season time with us before the Olympics commence? Here is hoping the group stage is all that matters for them sorry to say from a selfish club perspective! 

8 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

How will this work I wonder, assume he is fit as had been playing in Japan this summer. Will he have some pre season time with us before the Olympics commence? Here is hoping the group stage is all that matters for them sorry to say from a selfish club perspective! 

Fair point. Quarter finals 2nd Aug, Final 9th. Least he'll have a short trip from France before he comes to us, I would assume.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_2024_Summer_Olympics

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

If he doesn't sign, can we sing "No More Hiras"?

If only the Big Match presenter/commentator had announced we were most probably going to sign him. You could then have a completed a full line to the lyric!

42 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

He played a league game just last Sunday, so is match fit.

I’d assume he’s going to be joining up with us for a short period before linking up with their Olympic squad.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Confirmed he’s in their Olympics squad.

https://www.jfa.jp/eng/national_team/u23_2024/paris_olympic_2024_men/member.html

+++++

Machida play again this Saturday, so that might lead us further down the line whether medical is likely on Monday.

J-League have fixtures this weekend, weekend after and weekend after that, then a break weekend…assume for Olympics, as ma anger is only picking J-League players.  Clubs do not have to release, hence why the likes of Endo aren’t in, nor has he picked any overage players.

Gonna have to wait a few more days by the seems of it!

Edited by Davefevs

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

https://www.jfa.jp/eng/national_team/u23_2024/paris_olympic_2024_men/member.html

+++++

Machida play again this Saturday, so that might lead us further down the line whether medical is likely on Monday.

J-League have fixtures this weekend, weekend after and weekend after that, then a break weekend…assume for Olympics, as ma anger is only picking J-League players.  Clubs do not have to release, hence why the likes of Endo aren’t in, nor has he picked any overage players.

Gonna have to wait a few more days by the seems of it!

Machida are 5:points clear with just over half the season played, I imagine their fans will be a bit miffed if they **** it up after selling one of their best players. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

One Japan u23 player not going because an impending transfer.

So isn't that saying the player missing because of an impending transfer is Kuryu Matsuki?  Not Hirakawa. 

Matsuki is a central midfielder, not a winger.

But wears no.7! (according to a 5 minute google search)

Tinnion said a "no.7" was on the way and we assumed that meant "a Scott Murray", when all along the shirt number might be a red herring?

Maybe we're signing another CM?

The plot thickens.    

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Machida are 5:points clear with just over half the season played, I imagine their fans will be a bit miffed if they **** it up after selling one of their best players. 

....and selling him to us! :shocking:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Tweet from Machida today.

The comment to the link above suggests its happening. 

"Let's raise his rating a bit more and go to the Bundesliga or something...The English second division is rough, so he might get destroyed just like Ideguchi and it might waste even more time...I'd like to send him off with the gift of the Olympics and winning the championship."

Edit sorry I can see someone beat me to it.

Edited by Crackers Corner

27 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

So isn't that saying the player missing because of an impending transfer is Kuryu Matsuki?  Not Hirakawa. 

Matsuki is a central midfielder, not a winger.

But wears no.7! (according to a 5 minute google search)

Tinnion said a "no.7" was on the way and we assumed that meant "a Scott Murray", when all along the shirt number might be a red herring?

Maybe we're signing another CM?

The plot thickens.    

Yes, was just using it as an example of a player not being selected due to impending transfer.

Sorry, if people thought I was suggesting we are signing Matsuki.  I wasn’t.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, was just using it as an example of a player not being selected due to impending transfer.

Sorry, if people thought I was suggesting we are signing Matsuki.  I wasn’t.

Ok thanks.

So we're confident that when Tinnion said we're signing a "no.7", he meant a winger?

And the fact Matsuki wears no.7 is a weird coincidence?

21 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Ok thanks.

So we're confident that when Tinnion said we're signing a "no.7", he meant a winger?

And the fact Matsuki wears no.7 is a weird coincidence?

Complete coincidence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fly in the air said:

He has to sign for city first. is it a done deal. not much coming out of the club about him. 

Absolutely..we must keep to the natural order of things!!   Firstly he signs for City..................and then in six months, off he goes to Bournemouth.

1 hour ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Why is it you have to always take the most negative option?

Moanagain.

Much as I hate defending Ghostie, he’s actually far more annoying for his relentless unwillingness to question the club and by and large would see the positive in what the club does, even if Brian Tinnion took a massive dump in the middle of North Street.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Much as I hate defending Ghostie, he’s actually far more annoying for his relentless unwillingness to question the club and by and large would see the positive in what the club does, even if Brian Tinnion took a massive dump in the middle of North Street.

I know of one person who would be straight there to wipe his arse whilst begging him for some inside info he could tweet.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

I think we should have sent Tinnion and the team to Brighton for the day to learn how to sign players from abroad. This saga seems endless.

A few days? Yeah, endless. 🤔

I think we should have sent Tinnion and the team to Brighton for the day to learn how to sign players from abroad. This saga seems endless.

It’s only endless because we go overload on these threads because we are desperate to see signings. I’ll never forget the Nketiah thread, outrageous amount of posts and overreactions to every bit of update we got.

• Like 1

i think we should send tinnion and his team to brighton, and let them keep them👍👍👍

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

A few days? Yeah, endless. 🤔

I am getting on a bit but felt sure this talk of signing a 7 was mentioned by Tinnion when he spoke to the Post and said it was a couple of days away and that seems a lot longer than a few days more like weeks. But the whole transfer saga has got me confused anyway.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

It’s only endless because we go overload on these threads because we are desperate to see signings. I’ll never forget the Nketiah thread, outrageous amount of posts and overreactions to every bit of update we got.

You are right about the Nketiah thread, but the reason for the frustration on this particular thread is because it is now two weeks since Tinnion said “two were done and another two were very close”. So far there has only been one signing and it appears that one was not one of the ‘done’ ones at the time

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Southport Red said:

You are right about the Nketiah thread, but the reason for the frustration on this particular thread is because it is now two weeks since Tinnion said “two were done and another two were very close”. So far there has only been one signing and it appears that one was not one of the ‘done’ ones at the time

Think it's become pretty obvious that Tinnion is a bit naive in terms of when he thinks a transfer is a formality and can be semi announced. His predecessors were a bit more savvy at this, I can't remember this many stories of our failed interest I.e. Sinayoko, Kalunevic, possibly Twine over the last few years.

We can probably disregard any quantities of players he has said were "close" or "getting finalised" in the last few weeks as trying to timeline them with actual announcements to say there must be others close isn't going to be the case

Edited by Dolman_Stand
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Think it's become pretty obvious that Tinnion is a bit naive in terms of when he thinks a transfer is a formality and can be semi announced.

Could even mean that he should be replaced with someone that knows how to do the job properly.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Southport Red said:

And the funny thing about Nkietiah is that he’d probably have had a better career if he’d come here. 

2 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Could even mean that he should be replaced with someone that knows how to do the job properly.

nothing like that can happen now unfortunately. the role hes created himself frees him from any culpability and any failings responsibility will fall on the next in line in any department.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

And the funny thing about Nkietiah is that he’d probably have had a better career if he’d come here. 

As I recall as a young player he had issues fitting into the Bielsa system which was quite specific and needed specific types of player, had one striker and seemed to have a strong reliance on Bamford to make it work.

Plan B was not bad..until Afobe especially got injured 6 weeks in!!

Kalas, DaSilva, Nagy all getting medium term injuries added to the Afobe one really didn't help. Korey had his rolling injuries too..

Edited by Mr Popodopolous