IGNORED

Yu Hirakawa - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Don’t think he’s high profile at all, not even a full international.

Your point is a good one, if he’s a regular in the squad there will be significant interest in his home country.

When he's a full international and has thousands of fans in his homeland we should capitalise on this and open a club shop out there I'm sure BT could run it ;) 

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to check what flight he’s on!!!

I’m sure if someone tweets him he’ll answer 😂

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, westonred said:

Well of course its about financials. We are looking for the cheapest possible players. A player with the same sort of ability in this country would cost millions and want thousands a week in wages we shop in the bargain basement these days and hope to find a hidden gem 

Perhaps we are looking for better value for money than is available with players in this country, which is not quite the same as saying we are looking for the cheapest and shopping in the bargain basement.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Perhaps we are looking for better value for money than is available with players in this country, which is not quite the same as saying we are looking for the cheapest and shopping in the bargain basement.

Same horse different Jockey mate

1 hour ago, Nugget said:

IMG_2024.jpeg

That is brilliant. I thought the lad did well to become a pilot/doctor/lawyer at 16. And still Brian has managed to outdo him and blag such a position at football club.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 2

31 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

With all due respect one poster said it. 

Yeah, that was kinda what I was getting at. Whole explanation of him flying over to sign today, it be announced and nothing else seemed a bit odd to me. Gladly be wrong though. 

1 hour ago, Bcfc24 said:

Corsham Alf is a fraud

He still has some credit for Sheridan Robins thread imho, just think the timeline presented is questionable.

Personally I found it highly unlikely that we’d announce today, let him play tomorrow and then have a medical Monday.  That’s just feels wrong.  But it’s still possible he’s gonna sign.  You don’t generally announce a player until they’ve signed, and therefore transferred registrations…which if had happened today, would mean he’s ineligible for Machida tomorrow.

Thats my take on it anyway.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

People with sources getting fed information, I’m not surprised they are getting wrong. Our Tecknical director has been feeding us shit all summer.

Nope, he's not that clever I'm afraid.

Fwiw, I sense Corsham and Cheddar both have an inside line atm but not everything is 100% on the money.

Good that they're posting though as I don't get the sense they're Roy de Alien types.

Been wrong before and will be again, mind!

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He still has some credit for Sheridan Robins thread imho, just think the timeline presented is questionable.

Personally I found it highly unlikely that we’d announce today, let him play tomorrow and then have a medical Monday.  That’s just feels wrong.  But it’s still possible he’s gonna sign.  You don’t generally announce a player until they’ve signed, and therefore transferred registrations…which if had happened today, would mean he’s ineligible for Machida tomorrow.

Thats my take on it anyway.

He’ll definitely sign imo but these fake timelines from Alf, transfer updates that never come to pass just aren’t helpful

• Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Was £30k big transfer money to pay in the 2nd Div back then? If not, was it a lot for City to pay?

No, £30k was not a big transfer fee back then. It was seen as a fair price for Cheesley, who hadn't played much first team football or scored many goals at that point. Keep in mind he basically replaced Bobby Gould who was sold for more than 2x that amount. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

I didn't anticipate anyone would be announced today. Just like I was sceptical on the fixture release day, business done early etc.

I truly have no inside line, it just is an indicator of my levels of faith in Tinnion, Jon Lansdown,  those 2 mainly.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

That was a relative bargain given how good Cheesley was.

Sadly played his final game a season or two before I was old enough to be allowed to watch City.

Even at my young age I recall the local news talking about his comeback attempts.

Was £30k big transfer money to pay in the 2nd Div back then? If not, was it a lot for City to pay?

I remember that Dicks spent £92,000 in transfer fees for the entire squad that got us to the top flight. Astonishingly, nobody was bought that pre-season before our first game at Arsenal. Offers were made for John Tudor of Newcastle and I think Alan Gowling but without success. 

So City met Arsenal our whole side costing £92K and Arsenal gave a debut to their new striker signed from Newcastle for £333,000 Malcolm MacDonald. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

People with sources getting fed information, I’m not surprised they are getting wrong. Our Technical director has been feeding us shit all summer.

Im not surprised that the 2 ive got ITK are both getting fed shit by those even above them. Gotta remember its like chinese whispers, one person changes it and all of a sudden its could have gone from (take this as an example) Yu’s Medical will happen next week, to ‘Yu’s medical will happen Monday’, and by the time it reaches me it becomes ‘Yu has already had a medical’.

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Nope, he's not that clever I'm afraid.

Fwiw, I sense Corsham and Cheddar both have an inside line atm but not everything is 100% on the money.

Good that they're posting though as I don't get the sense they're Roy de Alien types.

Been wrong before and will be again, mind!

Exactly that, im only saying what IVE been told, may differ to what my sources are being told.

36 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Im not surprised that the 2 ive got ITK are both getting fed shit by those even above them. Gotta remember its like chinese whispers, one person changes it and all of a sudden its could have gone from (take this as an example) Yu’s Medical will happen next week, to ‘Yu’s medical will happen Monday’, and by the time it reaches me it becomes ‘Yu has already had a medical’.

Apart from the odd WUM on here, most pass on info in good faith.  It’s what they’ve heard / been told.  Sometimes it’s spot on, sometimes it’s not, sometimes it has a few gaps in it.

I’d rather hear stuff than not, even if I’m sometimes sceptical about it.

Its effing dull otherwise.

• Like 18

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Hocca said:

His current club have announced he’s leaving after today’s game to join an overseas club.

For our non-tech savvy friends:

https://www.zelvia.co.jp/news/news-270829/

Google translate says: "We would like to inform you that FC Machida Zelvia player Yu Hirakawa will leave the team after the Meiji Yasuda J1 League Round 22 match against Nagoya Grampus, kicking off at 6:00 PM on Saturday, July 6th, in order to complete the necessary procedures and preparations for a transfer to an overseas club.

After undergoing a local medical check, he is scheduled to sign a formal contract, and we will provide an update once the contract has been signed."

He will be playing at 10am UK time, so fingers crossed for no awful injury!

hirakawa.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Hocca said:

Free live stream link on the Machida Zelvia twitter page. They have plenty of Hirakawa merchandise for their fans I’m sure it’ll be an emotional day for him.

Seems to link to Dazn stream which wont be free, I've seen conflicting reports that international watchers may be able to watch on the J League International youtube channel for free (when they're live) https://www.youtube.com/@JLEAGUEInternational/streams

Edited by Tom

2 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

sounds like a permanent signings not a loan

He’s out of contract in January so it’s basically a loan until then and then he’ll sign on a free transfer.

2 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Their fans look like they'll miss him. 

Screenshot_2024-07-06-08-11-15-98_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Well if this is an accurate translation, at least we'll have a player for the Women's team!

• Haha 1

Just now, fly in the air said:

if that was a picture of Tins at the Airport then I wonder what he was doing if the lad is playing in Japan today 

Could be any number of things, some not related to BCFC. 

Obviously part of the agreement but does seem mad he appears to be playing today before signing.

If we’re off to Portugal tomorrow presumably the plan is he’ll join up with the squad later in the week after flying to the UK on Sunday?

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Obviously part of the agreement but does seem mad he appears to be playing today before signing.

If we’re off to Portugal tomorrow presumably the plan is he’ll join up with the squad later in the week after flying to the UK on Sunday?

He won’t be joining up with us till after the olympics because he is representing Japan 

6 minutes ago, Ashton_Red said:

He won’t be joining up with us till after the olympics because he is representing Japan 

That doesn’t start until July 24th, so surely not impossible that he gets to meet the staff & players in the interim?

10 hours ago, Bcfc24 said:

He’ll definitely sign imo but these fake timelines from Alf, transfer updates that never come to pass just aren’t helpful

Absolutely not fake. With all transfer activities negotiations involve two parties so that can always add time. It now looks like Monday. Latest update advises a loan with a view to a permanent, but the jap club are trying to get more if we agree to buy him. Definitely done though and hopefully announced Monday. 🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That doesn’t start until July 24th, so surely not impossible that he gets to meet the staff & players in the interim?

Fella probably needs a little time off in between, to be fair.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I would imagine he will have a break for a week before joining up with Japan squad for the Olympics.

Ideally, he’d spend some time in his new environment at City but don’t see this happening

1 minute ago, Corsham Alf said:

Absolutely not fake. With all transfer activities negotiations involve two parties so that can always add time. It now looks like Monday. Latest update advises a loan with a view to a permanent, but the jap club are trying to get more if we agree to buy him. Definitely done though and hopefully announced Monday. 🙏

I'm sure you didn't mean to do this, but it's best not to abbreviate Japan like that. His contract expires in January, so I'd imagine there's no "view to a permanent" an instead he's coming on loan with a pre-agreement to sign for free.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

if that was a picture of Tins at the Airport then I wonder what he was doing if the lad is playing in Japan today 

Quite possibly going to meet him “halfway”, ie wherever Hirakawa’s flight lands in Europe????

3 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I do hope all our transfer efforts are not be concentrated on this one transfer, exotic as it may be. 

I am absolutely sure they are not 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Quite possibly going to meet him “halfway”, ie wherever Hirakawa’s flight lands in Europe????

If that's true, he's starting today in Japan so that's a lot of airmiles. 

https://x.com/FcMachidaZelvia/status/1809480474143928637?t=9T5hyY4pzVVdX-lNABLA4w&s=19

Good review from a journo in Japan

Edited by Tom
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Tom said:

If that's true, he's starting today in Japan so that's a lot of airmiles. 

https://x.com/FcMachidaZelvia/status/1809480474143928637?t=9T5hyY4pzVVdX-lNABLA4w&s=19

Good review from a journo in Japan

I’d imagine somewhere like Germany, or Amsterdam, so they can connect before doing the final leg…either to Bristol or Portugal.  So not many air miles.

Edit: although it appears there are loads of direct flights from Tokyo to London.

Edited by Davefevs

49 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

If his club are trying to get more that suggests it isn't done at all?

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Seems a bit previous.

It is a 13 hour flight from Japan to Western Europe & he’s currently on the pitch in his own country.

No way that he gets anywhere in Europe until tomorrow at the very earliest, to be at Bristol Airport 2 days before that seems odd.

Maybe he was meeting another possible signing (I don’t know anything, BTW)..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fly in the air said:

Probably something as harmless as flying to Portugal early, tbh. 

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Seems a bit previous.

It is a 13 hour flight from Japan to Western Europe & he’s currently on the pitch in his own country.

No way that he gets anywhere in Europe until tomorrow at the very earliest, to be at Bristol Airport 2 days before that seems odd.

Maybe he was meeting another possible signing (I don’t know anything, BTW)..

Yep, as per edit, there are loads of flights from Tokyo to London.

17 minutes ago, DaveF said:

If his club are trying to get more that suggests it isn't done at all?

It’s all done Dave. We tried changing to a permanent deal last minute but they have insisted on a loan with agreement to buy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1