IGNORED

Yu Hirakawa - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

2 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

It’s all done Dave. We tried changing to a permanent deal last minute but they have insisted on a loan with agreement to buy

But how is there an agreement to buy if his contract is up at the end of the loan?

59 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I do hope all our transfer efforts are not be concentrated on this one transfer, exotic as it may be. 

You’re hoping it’s not only Yu

• Like 1

So brave step here by me as I may end up looking silly…..his contract is up in January, they’re going to loan him to us until then but we have an agreement to buy albeit his value is £0 then as he’s out of contract unless a compensation fee is obligatory 

So I’m guessing they are wanting a loan fee, his wages paid and then an additional compensation fee in Jan so overall they get slightly more money than if we paid a fixed fee now, is that it??

23 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

But how is there an agreement to buy if his contract is up at the end of the loan?

Depends on when the loan ends.

Also protects us if it doesn’t work out.  That’s sensible imho, even if I think that we should have done our due diligence to mitigate that risk of him being crap / not settling / etc.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Depends on when the loan ends.

Also protects us if it doesn’t work out.  That’s sensible imho, even if I think that we should have done our due diligence to mitigate that risk of him being crap / not settling / etc.

I'm not saying I disagree with loan to buy being the right decision, I was just questioning the logic of having to buy him when he'd be free at the end of his contract. 

Edited by P'head Red

12 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

I'm not saying I disagree with loan to buy being the right decision, I was just questioning the logic of having to buy him when he'd be free at the end of his contract. 

Nor me, but suspect like Max Bird, if you let him go on the open-market, the competition grows.  Same with Stokes.  I suspect any fee won’t be much in the grand scheme of things…as we’d have to pay “FIFA compo” and both clubs are cat2.  My guess, somewhere between £100-200k???

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Some flashes of the player he might be.

Early in the game was tending to drift inside quite alot looking to get the ball in central areas and not really getting it, with the pitch being too congested cwntrally. Sometimes was unavailable for the outlet outside which the team needed from him, not providing enough width. One pass from the LB into the space he should have been in got the message across and he mixed it up much more as the half went on and found himself with the ball out wide more often, providing a few dangerous crosses but not necessarily beating his man.

Out of posession shown a willingness to chase and made one nice recovery to win the ball high up the pitch, the opposition hasn't threatened down his side too much so hasn't had to do too much tracking back but looked willing to do so when he had to.

Off the ball he has made some nice runs in behind to create space for others, which is encouraging and generally mixed up his play, coming short, bursting in behind. But his team are tending to play the sensible pass to keep possession, and did receive the ball more as the half wore on. 

Couple of sloppy touches where he was thinking about beating the man before having the ball under control.

And a fantasy football style 'assist' where you play a short pass to someone and they beat a man and score. 

Interesting that when he first got the ball at the beginning the crowd really cheered like they expected him to do something with it/presumably knowing he is leaving.

Edited by Varrei
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 8

• Admin
19 hours ago, westonred said:

When he's a full international and has thousands of fans in his homeland we should capitalise on this and open a club shop out there I'm sure BT could run it ;) 

With Mrs T running the coffee shop at AG8, there's experience in the family already 

• Like 2

Subbed off late to applause, injury free.

Nothing too spectacular from him second half, one long range shot that was deflected wide. (I missed the first 15 mins though). Not too much to read into this game as think he was being cautious about injuries

33 minutes ago, Varrei said:

Subbed off late to applause, injury free.

Nothing too spectacular from him second half, one long range shot that was deflected wide. (I missed the first 15 mins though). Not too much to read into this game as think he was being cautious about injuries

Yes, felt he was piss weak in the tackle although hopefully just taking care of himself..

• Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 2

30 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Yes, felt he was piss weak in the tackle although hopefully just taking care of himself..

Seriously?

It seems mad to me that he was even playing, but how can anyone think you wouldn’t have a nagging doubt in your mind on a day like this.

• Hmmm 1

36 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

He’s a winger. Most are. Can’t be any worse than Twine. 

• Like 1

As a gauge of a club/teams popularity, social numbers about them are pretty solid. 

That official club tweet of today being his last game, has 1.4K RTs and 6.2k likes. 

As reference, Kalas’ permanent signing announcement video, dubbed as the “greatest piece” of media the club has ever release, did 897 RTs and 3.2k likes…..

I think we can safely say we’ll see some Zelvida fans at AG this season. 

• Thanks 1

Bloody hell we better make a fuss of him when he gets here if he's used to that sort of attention.. He wont like the moaners who will get on his back if he doesnt score a hat trick in his 1st game

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

Bloody hell we better make a fuss of him when he gets here if he's used to that sort of attention.. He wont like the moaners who will get on his back if he doesnt score a hat trick in his 1st game

& say ‘his name is too hard to say’ so end up calling him Dave or something…

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, westonred said:

He’s got to get here first. I’m getting tired of waiting for Yu..

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

40 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So our first ever East Asian player? 

You forgot Yung Lee Johnson?

8 minutes ago, glynriley said:

He’s got to get here first. I’m getting tired of waiting for Yu..

One of the best gigs I’ve been too, supported by Squeeze and Voice of the Beehive (remember them?).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You forgot Yung Lee Johnson?

I was trying to remember if there were any youngsters that were of East Asian heritage here. I remembered that we had Harpal Singh on loan for a couple of games back at the turn of the century, and I think there is a lad here right now, but not from that far East. 

Just now, Port Said Red said:

I was trying to remember if there were any youngsters that were of East Asian heritage here. I remembered that we had Harpal Singh on loan for a couple of games back at the turn of the century, and I think there is a lad here right now, but not from that far East. 

Singh was from Leeds I believe.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That’s South Asian, even if he was really a Yorkshireman.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Did he actually make an appearance tho?

Yep, first game he played on the left, he played really well, but because we are Bristol City next 2 games we played him on the right, made him look dog shite then sent him back

4 hours ago, Tom said:

This was posted further up the thread :). Apparently, saying goodbye like this is quite a common thing in Japan, it seems like a nice tradition.

We did something similar when Marley Watkins left ;)

• Haha 1

So is Yu coming to Ashton Gate to sign  tomorrow as suggested and then going to Portugal or with most of the medical staff (and media team) possibly out there too is it more likely all going to be done at the training camp. Maybe Tinnions early exit was to meet and greet there ahead of the teams arrival.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

All I can say is I'll believe it when I see it, too many early proclamations etc this summer already.

I think we’re safe with this 1 ‘ it’s obviously done deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I expect and hope that you're right but often this summer best laid or apparently best laid plans have stalled, dragged or faltered somewhat.

What I would say with this one is:

1) the club have confirmed he is leaving 

2) a teammate has wished him good luck in England 

3) there don’t seem to be any rumours linking him with any other English club (unless I missed them?)

We won’t know until it is done but there are lots of pointers.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I know you get grief for saying it, but these days we get so many false rumours and reports, its the only way of getting concrete information 

Like Tinnion’s comments on fixture release day about “2 players having agreed to sign”? 

Wasn’t that reported there?

Not exactly concrete information, was it?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Like Tinnion’s comments on fixture release day about “2 players having agreed to sign”? 

Wasn’t that reported there?

Not exactly concrete information, was it?

the only concrete information weve had is the fally signing, someone came up with some brazilian guy last week, today weve got a german 4th division player, and weve had several signing announcement dates and a pic of tinnion at the airport, and the nothing has come out yet.

A quick update on Yu Hirakawa

The announcement has been moved back to Tuesday. Finer details agreed this evening. Deal completed but too rushed to announce tomorrow.

As I stated originally it was supposed to be finalised Friday but the process is complex so have patience 🙏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Corsham Alf said:

The announcement has been moved back to Tuesday. Finer details agreed this evening. Deal completed but too rushed to announce tomorrow.

As I stated originally it was supposed to be finalised Friday but the process is complex so have patience 🙏

How could it of been finalised Friday’ he played for his club yesterday 🤔

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

The lad may not even be in the country yet. 

I very much doubt if he would do the whole farewell thing at his club if it wasn't all agreed prior to him travelling to the UK. 

As this appears to be a loan at first then that's a very simple process once agreed with his club. 

Maybe there is some truth in the permanent transfer not being 100% agreed. 

Any deal for any player is not completed until a medical is completed and as he may not even be in the country and only played yesterday then its fair to see he's probably not had a medical yet. 

I think if I was to look at the fact he played in Japan yesterday and then factored in the travelling and having a medical etc then I'd probably be able to come to the conclusion that Tuesday would probably be the day it gets announced. 

• Like 1