IGNORED

Yu Hirakawa - OFFICIALLY SIGNED

24 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

The intention was to announce the signing on Friday. 

Firstly, I don’t doubt that we will be signing Hirakawa, but whoever you are getting your info from appears to be filling in gaps without really thinking about the practicalities and rules, and then having to come up with a new reason each time!

Is it Brian 😉😉😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Firstly, I don’t doubt that we will be signing Hirakawa, but whoever you are getting your info from appears to be filling in gaps without really thinking about the practicalities and rules, and then having to come up with a new reason each time!

Is it Brian 😉😉😉

You’ve just put that a lot nicer than why I was about to say.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

You’ve just put that a lot nicer than why I was about to say.

We must never forget about rules !

I genuinely couldn’t care less if the formal announcement has now slipped a day from Monday to Tuesday.

My main interest is that he’s joining us & that has been confirmed. 

• Like 1

As his game was evening time in Japan yesterday then I'd be very surprised if he got a flight yesterday. 

Much more likely that he boarded a flight on Japan's Sunday morning and arrived in the UK sometime this afternoon. 

4 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

We must never forget about rules !

I genuinely couldn’t care less if the formal announcement has now slipped a day from Monday to Tuesday.

My main interest is that he’s joining us & that has been confirmed. 

Been confirmed without him having a medical? 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They could he looking for a leaker I guess, football is quite a leaky industry..

Put out a story but only in part, but to different sources etc.

I have little doubt he’s signing, but it couldn’t have been properly “done” until he finished last night’s match, when both clubs could’ve input the deal into the FIFA Transfer Matching System.

When City decide to announce I’d their prerogative.  They can do it before it’s officially done if they like, but opens them up to something going wrong.

It just makes sense to do it after things like medical and registration are done.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They could he looking for a leaker I guess, football is quite a leaky industry..

Put out a story but only in part, but to different sources etc.

'Ah ha!' said Brian. 'I knew it was me all along!'

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

This announcement is getting later and later by the day. Got half a mind to think the game away at Hull will be paused on the 25th minute to announce him on the pitch at this rate. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1

Ian G is whether fans like it or not the one who knows because we all seem to conclude who is likely to be feeding him, he always said the 7 was done and to be announced second week in July so to be honest keep an eye on his Twitter. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I have little doubt he’s signing, but it couldn’t have been properly “done” until he finished last night’s match, when both clubs could’ve input the deal into the FIFA Transfer Matching System.

When City decide to announce I’d their prerogative.  They can do it before it’s officially done if they like, but opens them up to something going wrong.

It just makes sense to do it after things like medical and registration are done.

Well like you I strongly suspect he will sign but it seems painfully slow compared to some other clubs.

56 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Ian G is whether fans like it or not the one who knows because we all seem to conclude who is likely to be feeding him, he always said the 7 was done and to be announced second week in July so to be honest keep an eye on his Twitter. 

Like when he said Conway was signing a new deal, you mean?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well like you I strongly suspect he will sign but it seems painfully slow compared to some other clubs.

Mate, he was playing in Japan on Saturday.

It is then a 14 and a half hour flight to get to the UK.

Unless he can time travel I don’t know how it could be made any quicker.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

What I want to know is how people know the timelines to other clubs transfers?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

To add, if Tinnion (and others) didn’t shoot his mouth off, the first we’d be hearing was Saturday morning when Machida announced it. We’d then be talking pretty quick start to finish.

So, the issue is spilling the beans early.  Most of us know these things take time.

• Like 5
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

To add, if Tinnion (and others) didn’t shoot his mouth off, the first we’d be hearing was Saturday morning when Machida announced it. We’d then be talking pretty quick start to finish.

So, the issue is spilling the beans early.  Most of us know these things take time.

& saying things are ‘done’ but oh actually he’s going to play for his current club a few more times…

Its quite literally not legally possible for those two things to be compatible. 

God forbid Tinns moves house anytime soon. He’ll probably turn up to a second viewing in a removal van. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

& saying things are ‘done’ but oh actually he’s going to play for his current club a few more times…

Its quite literally not legally possible for those two things to be compatible. 

God forbid Tinns moves house anytime soon. He’ll probably turn up to a second viewing in a removal van. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

What I want to know is how people know the timelines to other clubs transfers?

Perhaps I'm oversimplifying or perhaps the transactions are more straightforward but I see e.g. QPR news of PL coming out and being done pretty swiftly.

A starting point could be to check when it came out and when announced.

Paul Nardi, Newsnow.

Peacock-Farrell to Birmingham seemed to be quite swift.

Stoke seemed to be linked with Johansson, swift. Gibson post release in a way.

I have little faith in our hierarchy- club and fans have needed a lift for a good couple of years now- we are treading water.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps I'm oversimplifying or perhaps the transactions are more straightforward but I see e.g. QPR news of PL coming out and being done pretty swiftly.

Paul Nardi, Newsnow.

Peacock-Farrell to Birmingham seemed to be quite swift.

Stoke seemed to be linked with Johansson, swift. Gibson post release in a way.

I have little faith in our hierarchy- club and fans have needed a lift for a good couple of years now- we are treading water.

I would say that it's not about us dragging things along or taking too long to get deals done, it's that certain people at the club don't know how to be professionals and keep information inside the club. Whether it comes from being desperate to give the fans something in press conferences (which likely comes from a nice place), or leaking things to cover up for your own inability to think critically and professionally and know when to shut up (which is clearly happening if certain 'insiders' are anything to go by), it's pathetic.

I would like to know less about the transfer dealings in advance. It's only being done like this because people are too sensitive to public opinion. Leaking sensitive transfer dealings way before they are done because you're a club legend and you want people to like you. 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It must be my age but these days I don’t get excited about wild speculation and rumour. Over the years I’ve come to appreciate that outgoing and incoming players are the responsibility of the hierarchy at AG and like all clubs and for obvious reasons the negotiations are kept in house.

Yep - I know I’m  predictable but until any deals are officially  announced I take no notice of any conjecture.

Mr Pop…..the club are not ‘treading water’. Player contracts inside the football industry can be a complicated business and it takes time to dot all  the i’s and cross all the t’s. 

If City sign the new Japanese guy then that’s good, if not then so what?……..:dunno:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tom said:

I would say that it's not about us dragging things along or taking too long to get deals done, it's that certain people at the club don't know how to be professionals and keep information inside the club. Whether it comes from being desperate to give the fans something in press conferences (which likely comes from a nice place), or leaking things to cover up for your own inability to think critically and professionally and know when to shut up (which is clearly happening if certain 'insiders' are anything to go by), it's pathetic.

I would like to know less about the transfer dealings in advance. It's only being done like this because people are too sensitive to public opinion. Leaking sensitive transfer dealings way before they are done because you're a club legend and you want people to like you. 

It would be an interesting comparison to see how long it takes though.

Deals can be complex of course and making sure you don't overpay is also important- PL to PL but £40m by West Ham for Max Kilman anyone..but the longer a deal takes the closer to the season etc, less time to gel.

Comms are terrible but I just wonder if there is something lacking at our end in addition.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Robbored said:

It must be my age but these days I don’t get excited about wild speculation and rumour. Over the years I’ve come to appreciate that outgoing and incoming players are the responsibility of the hierarchy at AG and like all clubs and for obvious reasons the negotiations are kept in house.

Yep - I know I’m  predictable but until any deals are officially  announced I take no notice of any conjecture.

Mr Pop…..the club are not ‘treading water’. Player contracts inside the football industry can be a complicated business and it takes time to dot all  the i’s and cross all the t’s. 

If City sign the new Japanese guy then that’s good, if not then so what?……..:dunno:

Speculation is one thing, seeing reports of concrete interest to timing of completion another.

Tinnion has made a rod for his own back to a degree.

Sorry RR when I say we are treading water I mean our overall position, it feels like it.

A combination of money available, target list..slow at best.

12 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Impossible to keep an eye on his Twitter when he blocks everyone from viewing it! 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes.

Screenshot_2024-07-08-08-04-08-25_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

Poor lad. All these flights. 
Why not fly him straight to Portugal for the medical? I’m assuming our medical staff are over there? 
Seems a waste of everyone’s time and by goodness what would our new green mp think!! 

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Impossible to keep an eye on his Twitter when he blocks everyone from viewing it! 

Why not fly him straight to Portugal for the medical? I’m assuming our medical staff are over there? 
Seems a waste of everyone’s time and by goodness what would our new green mp think!! 

She probably supports Forest Green mate! 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

If all of the medical staff that have the qualifications to do a pre contract medical were all in Portugal then there would pretty much no point in him hanging around AG today!

If the kid fails it would be a bit embarrassing for everyone if he is actually at the tour location 😆 

Ian G’s tweets now switched to public from private again. Social media form of attention seeking, a rugby journalist is very similar to him, doesn’t like being fairly questioned, blocks people, goes awol for a bit by going private, then can’t resist coming back. Then again Tinnion just as bad for that, wasn’t it ‘I’ll be back when we are in the Premiership’ or something along those lines 🤣

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

22 minutes ago, Harry said:

Tokyo to Heathrow, Heathrow to Failand, Failand to Bristol airport, Bristol airport to Portugal (where ever they are). Poor lad gonna be cream cracked, and that’s before trying to understand Scotty & Hoggy when they speak.

Can ask her her thoughts on all the lads driving up to the HPC only to be driven by a big old coach to Bristol Airport too 😆😆

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Speculation is one thing, seeing reports of concrete interest to timing of completion another.

Tinnion has made a rod for his own back to a degree.

Sorry RR when I say we are treading water I mean our overall position, it feels like it.

I agree that BT should know better than to reveal which player is either signing or even hint at one - especially to a well known show off like Ian Gay who can’t seem to keep a confidence.

• Like 2

Poor kid must be knackered though, playing saturday morning (our time), then travelling for God knows how long to get to Bristol.

Also doing all the photo shoot and interview stuff, then to Portugal tonight/tomorrow, followed by a trip back to France for the Olympics.

Busy boy.

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Poor kid must be knackered though, playing saturday morning (our time), then travelling for God knows how long to get to Bristol.

Also doing all the photo shoot and interview stuff, then to Portugal tonight/tomorrow, followed by a trip back to France for the Olympics.

Busy boy.

What’s the time difference also? Is he allowed jet lag?

A big thing here is Yu is basically sacrificing a potential league title in Japan to join us with Machida currently top of the league. Shows how much this career move means to him (at least from a financial point of view)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I agree that BT should know better than to reveal which player is either signing or even hint at one - especially to a well known show off like Ian Gay who can’t seem to keep a confidence.

Seems to have taken Preston 2 days, 3 days to win the race for a Danish League midfielder who is out of contract later this year. Another example of swift business if true, few clubs were in for him.

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Tokyo to Heathrow, Heathrow to Failand, Failand to Bristol airport, Bristol airport to Portugal (where ever they are). Poor lad gonna be cream cracked, and that’s before trying to understand Scotty & Hoggy when they speak.

Can ask her her thoughts on all the lads driving up to the HPC only to be driven by a big old coach to Bristol Airport too 😆😆

Don't forget the initial trip to Tokyo from his home Base which is hundreds of miles away

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It would be an interesting comparison to see how long it takes though.

Deals can be complex of course and making sure you don't overpay is also important- PL to PL but £40m by West Ham for Max Kilman anyone..but the longer a deal takes the closer to the season etc, less time to gel.

Comms are terrible but I just wonder if there is something lacking at our end in addition.

For me Mr P it’s quite simple and breaks down into two main areas of focus (simplified):

1. Pre-Signing shenanigans - fees, contracts, etc, etc - how long is a piece of string?

2. Post-Agreement - medical, sign forms, media stuff >>> announce - is pretty quick, nobody wants to delay there.

Normally we don’t get to find out about a new signing until close to the end of 1, start of 2, so it feels relatively quick.

But now we are being informed by the club much earlier, ie in the shenanigans timeline…and therefore it feels protracted.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For me Mr P it’s quite simple and breaks down into two main areas of focus (simplified):

1. Pre-Signing shenanigans - fees, contracts, etc, etc - how long is a piece of string?

2. Post-Agreement - medical, sign forms, media stuff >>> announce - is pretty quick, nobody wants to delay there.

Normally we don’t get to find out about a new signing until close to the end of 1, start of 2, so it feels relatively quick.

But now we are being informed by the club much earlier, ie in the shenanigans timeline…and therefore it feels protracted.

This does make sense and yeah the releasing or selectively leaking certain bits early doesn't help but I do think we lack a bit of opportunism in the market too.

Arguments to take a more deliberate approach too of course but sometimes getting in quickly with an approach..perhaps it was pre-planned but last season Aalborg terminate contract of Andersen 2nd February, QPR sign on a free 5th February. I wonder how that fits with Registration Rules as it goes, can't remember them.

If Transfer Deadline Day on 1st February and he was as per a report terminated at Aalborg on 2nd February, should he have even been registered last season??

I still have misgivings about us in the market.

50 minutes ago, Andrew Horsman said:

She probably supports Forest Green mate! 😇

Ha ha. Doubt it. Dale Vince publically backed the Labour candidate who ran against her! 

• Haha 3

I can fully understand The shenanigans bit (as Davefevs amusingly puts it) can be very protracted, particularly with an overseas player. While I have no doubt the basis of a football contract is pretty standard across the football world individual requirements can I imagine vary considerably, and particularly so for footballers travelling overseas with their wives/partners and children. As a minimum I would expect them to ask for assistance with language classes for them and their family (you wouldn't want lessons from Joe Williams or Scotty), schools, a list of responsible and reliable tradesmen etc. 

46 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seems to have taken Preston 2 days, 3 days to win the race for a Danish League midfielder who is out of contract later this year. Another example of swift business if true, few clubs were in for him.

If you really think signings between 2 English clubs or from sides in Western Europe are the same as signing a player from Asia then I think you’re being very naive.

I can’t think of any similar transfer this summer to compare with this one & will just point out again that he played a game on Saturday, had a 14 and a half hour flight & is now here.

That isn’t “slow” to me..

• Like 10

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If you really think signings between 2 English clubs or from sides in Western Europe are the same as signing a player from Asia then I think you’re being very naive.

I can’t think of any similar transfer this summer to compare with this one & will just point out again that he played a game on Saturday, had a 14 and a half hour flight & is now here.

That isn’t “slow” to me..

We will see, how long did Fally take.

I am sceptical we will have all our business done in the desired timeframe but maybe the market is slow right now.

Maybe this deal isn't the one but I have my concerns.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We will see, how long did Fally take.

I am sceptical we will have all our business done in the desired timeframe but maybe the market is slow right now.

What you are doing is not appreciating the start points for each, because some of it is out in the open, some of it wasn’t…so you can’t actually compare Yu with Fally.  You’re gonna tie yourself in knots with this.  Sometimes you just have to accept that stuff goes on we aren’t party to as fans, and therefore we can’t draw conclusions, or compare our own deals, let alone other clubs deals with ours!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

What you are doing is not appreciating the start points for each, because some of it is out in the open, some of it wasn’t…so you can’t actually compare Yu with Fally.  You’re gonna tie yourself in knots with this.  Sometimes you just have to accept that stuff goes on we aren’t party to as fans, and therefore we can’t draw conclusions, or compare our own deals, let alone other clubs deals with ours!

Perhaps then albeit I lack confidence in them as a whole and as for Andersen, terminated day x, joins day y..I thought it had to be terminated by Deadline Day to be a valid signing.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Completely agree. Your bang on with your original point. We've been given a running commentary of our transfer dealings this year from a starting point.  Plenty of false dawn's occur when we're provided information at a stage of transfers we normally wouldn't get. Plus Tinnions 'its done' when it's not. 

To compare this with another clubs transfer dealings without context isn't comparable at all. 

Edited by RedRoss
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps then albeit I lack confidence in them as a whole and as for Andersen, terminated day x, joins day y..I thought it had to be terminated by Deadline Day to be a valid signing.

But you’ve no idea when QPR started talking to Andersen, nor officially when his registration was cancelled.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But you’ve no idea when QPR started talking to Andersen, nor officially when his registration was cancelled.

Maybe it was 1st February, reports were unclear for termination. I just have little faith that our progress under this hierarchy is positive and that is perhaps seeping in.

50 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. Doubt it. Dale Vince publically backed the Labour candidate who ran against her! 

Given that that Labour candidate is a big science advocate and would have been in the cabinet, you can see his argument there

Didn't the club announce they were not flying to matches anymore? I suspect this sort of flight shenanigans might have been factored into that decision from a carbon point of view.

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

it's not the club's fault that fans speculate/guess what's happening but you can't use that against the club

At the risk of rehashing old ground, it absolutely is when 12 days ago the technical director at an official football club event states that two have agreed to sign and they would be finalised that day. We know that Fally wasn’t one of those. I’m quite prepared to believe that Yu wasn’t one of those (for one it couldn’t be finalised if he was still playing for his old club), and I agree that we will sign him.

But if you don’t want fans to speculate that a signing is taking longer than it should have, or speculate if one’s fallen through, it’s probably a good idea not to state you’ve got the signings being finalised on Weds 26th June and then them not being in place on the 8th July.

Thats all most people are saying and it’s kind of reasonable, isn’t it?

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

At the risk of rehashing old ground, it absolutely is when 12 days ago the technical director at an official football club event states that two have agreed to sign and they would be finalised that day. We know that Fally wasn’t one of those. I’m quite prepared to believe that Yu wasn’t one of those (for one it couldn’t be finalised if he was still playing for his old club), and I agree that we will sign him.

But if you don’t want fans to speculate that a signing is taking longer than it should have, or speculate if one’s fallen through, it’s probably a good idea not to state you’ve got the signings being finalised on Weds 26th June and then them not being in place on the 8th July.

Very well put.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

thats because we are now run by amateurs.  some slack must be given for that 🤣👍

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Not sure I've been this hyped for us to sign a player for.. maybe ever..

Although I admit to being a bit of a Japanese obsessive and plan to visit next year. But the talent that's come from J-League has been fantastic over the last 5-10 years. And we might be signing the best player in the league!? 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

But again, he didn't tell you it was this guy either!

It's just fans speculation and guesswork (probably correct but irrelevant)

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 3

"I can't remember LJ signing a player this worshipped..."

Was it legally possible for us to sign *any* uncapped player from the J League during LJ's reign, with the UK leaving the European Union at the end of his final transfer window?