IGNORED

First Fixture Moves Due To Sky

I was of the understanding that we were to be told of all the moves through to January.  Clearly not the case, as already referenced, this is going to be incredibly frustrating quickly! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, EmersonsKev said:

I was of the understanding that we were to be told of all the moves through to January.  Clearly not the case, as already referenced, this is going to be incredibly frustrating quickly! 

Nope, this was always the timeline - games until the end of September advised in first week of July, then games until the end of the year advised before season starts. As long as the club/police don’t start moving others around it might be frustrating but at least we will have significant notice.

• Like 5

All opening day fixtures are on Sky right? So for those that can't make Hull we can watch it that way? I don't understand why it's not included in this.

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

All opening day fixtures are on Sky right? So for those that can't make Hull we can watch it that way? I don't understand why it's not included in this.

They are, I think it’s due to the fact that was already announced. 

Your options on the fixtures to end of September (other than attending) are as follows:

Sat 10th - Hull (A) - Sky (12:30)

Tues 13th - Cov (H) - Sky (19:45)

Sat 17th - Millwall (H) - Robins TV VPN (15:00)

Sat 24th - Cov (H) - Sky (12:30)

Sat 31st - Derby (A) - Robins TV VPN (15:00)

Sat 14th - Blackburn (A) - Robins TV VPN (15:00)

Sat 21st - Oxford (H) - Robins TV VPN (15:00)

Sun 29th - Swansea (A) - Sky (15:00)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

It's a bit odd that they seem to have created a Sunday 3pm slot for efl games. Imagine that is going to interfere with 2x premier league games every weekend which are also on sky sports. My guess is they probably wanted to make it at 12 ko but someone deemed there were already too many early kick offs.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Your options on the fixtures to end of September (other than attending) are as follows:

Very useful. So as expected we're down to about 50% of games being on RTV. Down from probably about 85-90% in the past few seasons.

In the past two seasons RTV pricing and structure wasn't confirmed until the end of July so i guess we will have to see if iFollow/RTV take a haircut on pricing.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

That’s not as bad as I suspected, or will there me more to come for the same period?

2 out of 6 Saturday fixtures moved.  That’s not necessarily gonna be the case for the next blocks allocated.

Game 1 has been moved cart blanche.

No evening fixtures in opening 2 months.

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Top man, appreciate that. I can get to all the Homers thankfully. Our cup game with Cov is on Sky is it? That's useful. May save my money there. 

• Like 1

Just now, BCFCGav said:

Top man, appreciate that. I can get to all the Homers thankfully. Our cup game with Cov is on Sky is it? That's useful. May save my money there. 

Yes, all Carabao Cup games on Sky this season.  Attendance for that one is gonna be low potentially.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Very useful. So as expected we're down to about 50% of games being on RTV. Down from probably about 85-90% in the past few seasons.

In the past two seasons RTV pricing and structure wasn't confirmed until the end of July so i guess we will have to see if iFollow/RTV take a haircut on pricing.

My assumption is RTV will exist for all games for those of us who are “overseas” still, other than (as this season) for the league/FA cup. Sky though will be the “go to” option for those of us that have it.

Mods - worth doing a pinned fixture thread that can be updated as and when announcements are made?

• Like 2

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Just to be pedantic Dave, 15:00PM……

It’s an excel formatting thing which when translated into tableau turns it into a decimal, which of course I don’t want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

My assumption is RTV will exist for all games for those of us who are “overseas” still, other than (as this season) for the league/FA cup. Sky though will be the “go to” option for those of us that have it.

Mods - worth doing a pinned fixture thread that can be updated as and when announcements are made?

Yes absolutely.

My point is will the EFL still feel like charging £170 for a season pass when the number of games available is going to plummet from about 36 per season to fewer than 25?

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yes absolutely.

My point is will the EFL still feel like charging £170 for a season pass when the number of games available is going to plummet from about 36 per season to fewer than 25?

Hence why I’ve turned off auto renew.  I’m sure you have too.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yes absolutely.

I’d think so, yeah. Ultimately the “overseas” pass is intended for fans overseas and they won’t have any reduction in games so prima facie, no need to change the price - more of a case on “inconvenience” as the more games that move the more likely the time won’t work for overseas fans.

Of course, what we’re really talking about is the UK based fans using a VPN, and undeniably there is less motivation for them to pay the current season pass amount. However dropping the price is the EFL admitting that the majority of money they get is sourced this way, and we’re now in this dance where they’re happy to take the cash for something strictly outside their T&Cs….

My gut is the price will stay as it is. Why drop it if the user affected isn’t really the person for whom the service is intended

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hence why I’ve turned off auto renew.  I’m sure you have too.

Mine renews in November so I'm juuuussstt going to wait to see what the price is this season.

No way I'm forking out for Sky so if it comes down a bit then I might be ok to compromise on watching half our games (plus whatever I can get to in person).

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d think so, yeah. Ultimately the “overseas” pass is intended for fans overseas and they won’t have any reduction in games so prima facie, no need to change the price - more of a case on “inconvenience” as the more games that move the more likely the time won’t work for overseas fans.

It used to be that if a game was selected for Sky domestic, it wouldn't be shown on RTV at all, not even internationally (hence me having to persuade a pub in Cayman that City v Norwich really was worth opening for at 7:30am).

Has that changed now? @Davefevs? Tbh I've tried reading the press releases and stuff and to my professional embarrassment I'm really confused.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Mine renews in November so I'm juuuussstt going to wait to see what the price is this season.

No way I'm forking out for Sky so if it comes down a bit then I might be ok to compromise on watching half our games (plus whatever I can get to in person).

It used to be that if a game was selected for Sky domestic, it wouldn't be shown on RTV at all, not even internationally (hence me having to persuade a pub in Cayman that City v Norwich really was worth opening for at 7:30am).

Has that changed now? @Davefevs? Tbh I've tried reading the press releases and stuff and to my professional embarrassment I'm really confused.

Might be me - I always thought you could get the games internationally anyway. Thinking about it you are correct.👍 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Might be me - I always thought you could get the games internationally anyway. Thinking about it you are correct.👍 

Understandably they don't exactly make this route obvious or clear given Sky would really quite like everyone to just pay up and sign up. Clubs obviously can't condone it either.

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

https://www.efl.com/news/2024/march/05/efl-agrees-innovative-new-international-tv-rights-deals/

not to be confused with the Uk tv deal with sky (I’m sure you know this, others might not).

image.thumb.png.8915b80c46443db2b73474e591a049d5.png

I read this that pretty much every weekend 4 or 5 matches (155 / no. of weekends) will be broadcast live internationally and therefore won’t be available to stream, and only available if you have THAT particular broadcaster’s channel in your set up (either sub or free to air).

I think more games won’t be available to overseas subscribers (and vpn users).

How do you read it?

+++++

I hadnt noticed the “betting platforms” bit before, so those of you finding overseas Bet365 or whatever might find a route that way???

49 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

It's a bit odd that they seem to have created a Sunday 3pm slot for efl games. Imagine that is going to interfere with 2x premier league games every weekend which are also on sky sports. My guess is they probably wanted to make it at 12 ko but someone deemed there were already too many early kick offs.

It'll clash with PL but they're on different Sky channels.

In recent seasons the 12pm Sunday slot has been split between EFL and SPL. My guess is that they'll mainly use 12pm for Scottish games going forward, with the odd EFL game in that slot when police etc dictate, while 3pm becomes a regular slot.

30 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Look out for Now TV offers just before the season starts. I got a 12 month deal for approx £20 per month last August.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hmmm.

Just to be even more pedantic, I would question whether, when using a 24 hour clock, one really needs to add AM or PM 😉.

Explained above Phil….hope you’re well?

41 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That was my original pedantic point tbh

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Well, Yes, indeed.

Now that I have read @Davefevs response, and reread your comment, I see that my point about pedantry was already addressed.

Perhaps I should have read the full thread before responding.

Patience is a virtue etc.

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Very well, Thanks Dave.

I trust you and yours are as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

My understanding, and somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, is that Nowtv will also show the sky games through new channels. I think you can pay monthly or there are always new deals to be had with Nowtv. I'm currently on 6 months at £20 a month. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Well, Yes, indeed.

Now that I have read @Davefevs response, and reread your comment, I see that my point about pedantry was already addressed.

Perhaps I should have read the full thread before responding.

Patience is a virtue etc.

Very well, Thanks Dave.

I trust you and yours are as well.

Yes, all good ta, enjoying the break from championship football.  Watched a fair bit of the Euros, more than I expected to.

1 hour ago, harvey54 said:

My understanding, and somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, is that Nowtv will also show the sky games through new channels. I think you can pay monthly or there are always new deals to be had with Nowtv. I'm currently on 6 months at £20 a month. 

You basically have to hold your horses with NOW.

Their current offer is £26 pm for 6 months. It usually gets offered at £20 pm (or sometimes lower for certain people) leading up to the start of the Premier League season.

They also take the persistently funny with Boost if you want to watch football in a half decent resolution (and that's all it will be) or on more than one device (multiple IPs) at once.

I always cancel boost before the end of its 7 day free trial, and see if they offer it back on a deal - I think they sometimes offer it at £2 pm for a few months.

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

You basically have to hold your horses with NOW.

Their current offer is £26 pm for 6 months. It usually gets offered at £20 pm (or sometimes lower for certain people) leading up to the start of the Premier League season.

They also take the persistently funny with Boost if you want to watch football in a half decent resolution (and that's all it will be) or on more than one device (multiple IPs) at once.

I always cancel boost before the end of its 7 day free trial, and see if they offer it back on a deal - I think they sometimes offer it at £2 pm for a few months.

Watch it through a firestick on my tv. Absolutely fine

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

IMG_0876.thumb.jpeg.157df79ea031fb094c3b2c5c9f60431d.jpeg

Thanks Dave.

It’s better than it’s been, but the claim that it’s “almost six months notice” is stretching it a bit.

First half of the season it’s between 2 and 5 months notice. Second half of the season it’s between 4 weeks and 4 months.

1 hour ago, HengroveReds said:

anyone know if the derby game is set? and not expected to move, looking to book train asap

Sadly no one will have a clue

What I would say is we haven't had huge movement in the first round of movements so expect a lot more to follow in the next announcement 

23 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Sadly no one will have a clue

What I would say is we haven't had huge movement in the first round of movements so expect a lot more to follow in the next announcement 

Sorry didn't realise the derby game was in August so as above that is set 

Only 3 Saturday 3pm kick offs before the new year, just like being in the prem without the big money. Crowds definitely going to suffer unless somehow chasing promotion.

Edited by Baba Yaga
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Only 3 Saturday 3pm kick offs before the new year, just like being in the prem without the big money. Crowds definitely going to suffer unless somehow chasing promotion.

So for my £600 I”m going to see three games before Christmas!!!!!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Think you've nailed it there.

It is the PL coverage but not very well recompensed relative to disruption.

The hope medium term is that this deal can increase exposure and grow the brand for Championship clubs but...that is a major chance to be taking and pissing off your own loyal fans into the bargain.

• Like 3

Unfortunately it's not just fans that will suffer with a lack of regular scheduling but local businesses relying heavily on match day footfall too. Pubs are much emptier before a 12:30 game and not as full afterwards where people have the rest of the day to plan for. Plus attendances just being generally down for 12:30s and Sundays. Pretty much everyone loses out apart from Bristol City earning the price of about one Gustav Engvall. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

Unfortunately it's not just fans that will suffer with a lack of regular scheduling but local businesses relying heavily on match day footfall too. Pubs are much emptier before a 12:30 game and not as full afterwards where people have the rest of the day to plan for. Plus attendances just being generally down for 12:30s and Sundays. Pretty much everyone loses out apart from Bristol City earning the price of about one Gustav Engvall. 

Yep.  Well said.  No one cares about that anymore though.   See Bristol Sport moving the biggest rugby game of the season to Cardiff as an example! 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

So for my £600 I”m going to see three games before Christmas!!!!!

You’ve got a really appropriate user name as that sounds like where you’ll be watching most games. Sorry, couldn’t resist.