IGNORED

Kal Naismith

CTRed

Anyone have any news on him? Hasn’t been seen or mentioned on anything so far from what I’ve seen this preseason. 

Hopefully he’s alright and getting better but would be nice to have some sort of update.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Have we seen Vyner or Wells on any videos yet?

Or were they given longer off?

I know Knight, McCrorie and Conway were.  Sykes?

Vyner was on International duty wasn't he, but did Wells go ?

I imagine all the Internationals were given extra time off.

43 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Vyner was on International duty wasn't he, but did Wells go ?

I imagine all the Internationals were given extra time off.

Think I read somewhere that Nahki had been given some extra time off for personal reasons…..

Think it’s fair to say that Zak isn’t back due his international call-up…

As for Kal 🤷‍♂️ - can’t still be injured……surely?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Think I read somewhere that Nahki had been given some extra time off for personal reasons…..

Think it’s fair to say that Zak isn’t back due his international call-up…

As for Kal 🤷‍♂️ - can’t still be injured……surely?

Ah yes, got called up, travelled, the. Couldn’t play.  Forgot that.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Have we seen Vyner or Wells on any videos yet?

Or were they given longer off?

I know Knight, McCrorie and Conway were.  Sykes?

Believe there was a bereavement in Wells’ family, hence his absence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

He's been resting since November!!!

Well on and off, and that seems to be the issue if he tries to return before it's 100%, I agree it's not ideal, but at what point do the club try to cut their losses and pay him off and would he take that deal? It's never as straightforward as fans think.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I was told that his injury is one that requires rest more than any treatment. One of those that are an annoyance like Matty James foot issue was.

Certainly resting, as haven’t seen him out walking his dog for ages!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I was told that his injury is one that requires rest more than any treatment. One of those that are an annoyance like Matty James foot issue was.

11 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Certainly resting, as haven’t seen him out walking his dog for ages!

He was at the HPC day before the players came back for testing doing some light training. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Well on and off, and that seems to be the issue if he tries to return before it's 100%, I agree it's not ideal, but at what point do the club try to cut their losses and pay him off and would he take that deal? It's never as straightforward as fans think.

Yes, my comment was slightly facetious comment to be honest.

However, we are getting zero contribution from him and he's one of our top wage earners (I suspect).

I also suspect that, without that wage, we would've been able to sign one of the attacking targets we've missed out on.

And seeing as our defensive options are fine without him and our attacking options need to be upgraded, I'm of the opinion that the sooner he leaves the better.

But like you say, that's easier said than done.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, redkev said:

Agree , think we are a better side when he is fit and in the side , the problems is he’s never fit - get rid 

Does he get in the team now? I wouldn’t dislodge Vyner or Dickie for him. I’d probably have Atkinson ahead of him aswell. Can’t see him being used as a midfielder either. Very much squad cover now - expect this to be his last season here 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrew Horsman said:

Is Kal the jocko Kalas?! Time will tell….

In his dreams.

Kalas had one season with us where his availability was poor (a one off) but last season he missed one game for Schalke.

Nowhere near his level as a defender, either.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

In his dreams.

Kalas had one season with us where his availability was poor (a one off) but last season he missed one game for Schalke.

Nowhere near his level as a defender, either.

100%... I still don't understand what Kal offers. He's on decent wages and when he was available for selection he made numerous errors that led to goals.

When Nige signed him, it can only have been to have played in a back 3. He isn't mobile or physical enough to play in a back 4.

His career path has been strange to say the least, and his one decent season at Luton clouds peoples judgement.

He is way behind Dickie, Vyner and Atkinson at centre back and if we get the chance to move him on, i would take it.

• Like 1

Slagging off a player who’s had a tough time with injury is very unfair.He’s shown in the few matches that he’s played what a decent player/defender he can be.

No updates on his availability during the close season means nothing.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Slagging off a player who’s had a tough time with injury is very unfair.He’s shown in the few matches that he’s played what a decent player/defender he can be.

No updates on his availability during the close season means nothing.

Not slagging off , facts are facts he’s injured quite a lot don’t you think 

10 minutes ago, redkev said:

No good to us in the treatment room constantly - get fit or get rid simples 

McCorrie was in the treatment room for months and months with an injury that wasn’t simple to diagnose. 

I think Kal will be an important part of the squad this season. He’s a very intelligent footballer, and a leader - two things needed in a Manning team.

He also strikes me as one of Nigel’s model senior pros - brought in because they are still hungry and can contribute on the pitch, but also actively looking to improve the young guys coming through.

If I’m wrong, and he remains injured, I’m looking forward to more of the most honest commentary I’ve ever heard on Robins TV 🤣

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chessels Chick said:

The lesser spotted Naismith in the video of team getting on bus presumably on way to Portugal 

Screenshot_20240707_082922_X.jpg

Good news.

Good player, hope he can get fit and stay fit.

• Like 16

I like Naismith's attitude. He's incredibly motivated to be a PL player and he set a massive store on us being successful last season for that reason.

I have a feeling he will be somewhat less motivated this season as he might not get a new contract particularly if we are promoted.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Terrible shout from Ian Gay on Twitter saying best to send him out on loan, surely he competes for starting 11 or let go permanently. 

Will be interesting to see where he fits in especially now Atkinson back. 

Is that the same Ian Gay that has an opinion on everything.  But can't take it when you counter his arguments and throws his toys out his pram? 

The bloke a child. Just wants attention. 🤣🤣😅

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Terrible shout from Ian Gay on Twitter saying best to send him out on loan, surely he competes for starting 11 or let go permanently. 

Will be interesting to see where he fits in especially now Atkinson back. 

He now likes to be know as “Ian Gay blue tick”!!!  Imagine wanting to pay Elon Musk money 😳😳😳

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

I'd actually forgotten all about him. I guess you could ask the question as we have 'managed' without him do we even need him, where does he fit in?

However we have lost a lot of experience, James, Weimann etc we need a few older heads to guide so many young players perhaps.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Prefer him in midfield, in defence he seems to have that mistake in him but did seem to improve us when he played. Could be an experienced head around the club at least. Wasn’t he classed as a utility player!? Sure he’s played up front too. Reckon he’s got the vision to play 10, but these injuries keep coming.  

Edited by Nugget