IGNORED

wanna part time job with Bristol City?

• The title was changed to wanna part time job with Bristol City?
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

interesting job for those wanting an extra income

not sure if you might be able to watch some of the game after the kick off time

Kal Naismith impersonator?

You did say part-time.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Human nature, being what it is, would, I think, bring them a lot of abuse when they ask supporters, who have been attending matches for a lot of years, if they know where they are going. Personally, I think that this sort of thing tends to alienate the club from the fans. I can understand why someone thought that it would be a good idea but silence is golden.

Edited by Desso

7 minutes ago, Desso said:

Human nature, being what it is, would, I think, bring them a lot of abuse when they ask supporters, who have been attending matches for a lot of years, if they know where they are going. Personally, I think that this sort of thing tends to alienate the club from the fans. I can understand why someone thought that it would be a good idea but silence is golden.

I'd also add that my kids suffer from social anxiety, they like to be left alone and I know they'd rather find their own way if they were lost or ask for help at their own leisure than be approached by someone randomly.

I think any form of approaching people is less welcomed these days, having worked in retail I can say that customers are far happier coming to ask for help than they are being asked "is there anything I can help with?", it's awkward for both the person asking and the person being approached.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'd also add that my kids suffer from social anxiety, they like to be left alone and I know they'd rather find their own way if they were lost or ask for help at their own leisure than be approached by someone randomly.

I think any form of approaching people is less welcomed these days, having worked in retail I can say that customers are far happier coming to ask for help than they are being asked "is there anything I can help with?", it's awkward for both the person asking and the person being approached.

Probably just me but I always feel they think I`m going to try and nick something. In this day and age though, they are perhaps being sensible if they do think that.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Probably just me but I always feel they think I`m going to try and nick something. In this day and age though, they are perhaps being sensible if they do think that.

It's those big coats you wear on a warm summer's day that triggers them.

Presumably just being a visible point of contact works for everyone?

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Desso said:

Surely they would simply be visible and welcoming, not doing the full Harvester ......."have you been to Ashton Gate Before....do you know about the full security scan and bag search........ you are welcome to visit our bars as often as you like throughout your stay.....please do not take your pint into the stadium viewing area...." Or the full Currys......"Can I help you buy something now....look at this attractive 50g pizza slice......our burgers come with, or without cheese...etc..."  I know the vast majority of our support are season ticket holders, but if done properly it's not a bad idea.....and could actually help people that want to be helped 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, adamski said:

Surely they would simply be visible and welcoming, not doing the full Harvester ......."have you been to Ashton Gate Before....do you know about the full security scan and bag search........ you are welcome to visit our bars as often as you like throughout your stay.....please do not take your pint into the stadium viewing area...." Or the full Currys......"Can I help you buy something now....look at this attractive 50g pizza slice......our burgers come with, or without cheese...etc..."  I know the vast majority of our support are season ticket holders, but if done properly it's not a bad idea.....and could actually help people that want to be helped 

My least favourite is, after buying something "is there anything else I can do for you today? "

• Haha 1

On 06/07/2024 at 02:45, Never to the dark side said:

interesting job for those wanting an extra income

not sure if you might be able to watch some of the game after the kick off time

You mean to say we can get paid to not watch Manning-ball?

Where do I sign up?!?