IGNORED

Carabao Cup Tickets

I read in the club’s information regarding purchasing tickets for the cup game v Coventry that all tickets have to be downloaded onto fans’ phones.

My question is: what about those, like myself, who don’t have a smart phone? In order to come and support City does that mean I will be forced to spend my pension money on upgrading my phone?

Please can someone tell me I have read it wrong, and I can still use my physical card, or receive a printed ticket.

Just call the ticketing team. They'll be able to print some tickets for collection in advance of / on the day of the game. No need to upgrade your phone if you don't wish to.

• Like 2

On 07/07/2024 at 22:37, glastored said:

I read in the club’s information regarding purchasing tickets for the cup game v Coventry that all tickets have to be downloaded onto fans’ phones.

My question is: what about those, like myself, who don’t have a smart phone? In order to come and support City does that mean I will be forced to spend my pension money on upgrading my phone?

Please can someone tell me I have read it wrong, and I can still use my physical card, or receive a printed ticket.

Glad to see there's a fellow non-smart phone holder 😀 

• Like 1

Bumping this thread because - and this (by which I mean the business of buying tickets, generally) is a depressingly familiar, recurring issue - I have just encountered a problem securing my seat for this game. I'm a ST holder and have bought my usual seat, but the only option for ticket delivery available to me as far as I could see was digitally to my phone. Fair enough, no problem with that, it's the way the system should work, but the confirmation email is supposed to have embedded in it a link that you click on to enable the download. The email contains a request to activate the download asap. Well, I would, but needless to say, there is no such link in the message. Anybody else experienced this? 

On 07/07/2024 at 22:37, glastored said:

We ordered tickets over the phone.  Sent them to me via email. Printed them off. Done. 

• Admin
5 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Bumping this thread because - and this (by which I mean the business of buying tickets, generally) is a depressingly familiar, recurring issue - I have just encountered a problem securing my seat for this game. I'm a ST holder and have bought my usual seat, but the only option for ticket delivery available to me as far as I could see was digitally to my phone. Fair enough, no problem with that, it's the way the system should work, but the confirmation email is supposed to have embedded in it a link that you click on to enable the download. The email contains a request to activate the download asap. Well, I would, but needless to say, there is no such link in the message. Anybody else experienced this? 

Have you logged into your ticket account?

Go to your purchases and there could be a link there

I found my download there for the odd game I bought last season

• Thanks 1

Had the same problem. Phoned ticket office and was told that they had found that there was an issue with the links being absent- no button for Apple wallet or Google wallet in the confirmation email. This for a non season card holders digital members ticket, not an e-ticket.

They said that they’re working on it and that it’ll probably take a few days, and that an updated email should follow once sorted.

I suppose they’ll issue e-tickets if all else fails!

5 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

I found mine on the right hand side of the mail next to the seat details. 2 small icons, one for Apple, one for Google 

• Thanks 1

On 15/07/2024 at 16:34, phantom said:

Have you logged into your ticket account?

Go to your purchases and there could be a link there

I found my download there for the odd game I bought last season

23 hours ago, miser said:

I found mine on the right hand side of the mail next to the seat details. 2 small icons, one for Apple, one for Google 

A belated thank you for these replies, which I hadn't seen until now. Appreciate your help. I had, in fact, already checked the two things you mentioned, but thanks, anyway.

I can confirm what someone else has said above. When no-one on the forum responded initially, I contacted customer services and received an email informing me that there is a fault with the system (again), and that they are having a problem with the links not appearing in the booking confirmation, as they should do. It has not been remedied as yet, but I have been told to expect a resolution within a few days.

Hope that's helpful to anyone who has encountered the same issue. 

Edited by CliftonCliff
  • Like 1