IGNORED

Craig Bellamy

BS3_RED

I have not seen this but halfway down the story

"s well as supporting England’s opponents in front of young English players, Bellamy was said to have turned the sound down on the television when God Save The Queen was playing before England’s 2018 World Cup semi-final with Croatia and also shown his contempt for Bristol City."

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2024-07-14/craig-bellamy-accepts-cheering-against-england-was-wrong?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3AVMDSOkkb3Ki5641uEqw1dWtxg5ubC-SoZR5dVwFK9JJCU73WNPa9Tac_aem_Hef5z1R3kTKGBhcYklPOnw

Edited by BS3_RED

I dont have any issue with him cheering against England and would say to the 18 year old to grow a pair. However to show contempt to us is shocking. 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I can't say I'm bothered. I had contempt for him as a player. 

Same here, I just thought it was funny. 

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

also shown his contempt for Bristol City."

I'd be surprised given he himself doesn't understand why there's a rivalry between the two clubs, for him as a Welshman the only rivalry is Swansea. 

15 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I'd be surprised given he himself doesn't understand why there's a rivalry between the two clubs, for him as a Welshman the only rivalry is Swansea. 

Its what the story says, What have we done to him?

2 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Its what the story says, What have we done to him?

He’s from Cardiff and spent 2 years at the gAss as a kid. 

Blokes a 🔔 end. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Blokes a 🔔 end. 

So what you are telling me is that he was emotionally abused as a child

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Am I going mad or did that article not say why he has contempt for City,either way the little pip squeak is irrelevant 

Never said why, just that he has. 

33 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Blokes a 🔔 end. 

And that would be why City fans wouldn't like him, not why Bellamy wouldn't like City, as said they're largely irrelevant to him

30 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Am I going mad or did that article not say why he has contempt for City,either way the little pip squeak is irrelevant 

Been reported before.

When he bullied an English under 18 player at Cardiff, he told his youth team that he disliked Swansea but hated Bristol City more because “they’re English”.

Not a chance in a million England would ever appoint someone who said this about the Welsh or Scots.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Been reported before.

When he bullied an English under 18 player at Cardiff, he told his youth team that he disliked Swansea but hated Bristol City more because “they’re English”.

Not a chance in a million England would ever appoint someone who said this about the Welsh or Scots.

Now he has to work with half a squad of Englishmen 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I normally turn down God Save the King/Queen...it's a bloody awful dirge, normally sung badly and a National anthem...as in the UK, not solely English. I've always thought it strange that the English use it as theirs. 

It's a non-story and a bit old.....were the lads after a bit of comp? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, adamski said:

I normally turn down God Save the King/Queen...it's a bloody awful dirge, normally sung badly and a National anthem...as in the UK, not solely English. I've always thought it strange that the English use it as theirs. 

I sing it but only cos its OUR national anthem. I am a republican though.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, adamski said:

England doesn't have a national anthem!

Several attempts to make "Land of Hope and Glory" or "Jerusalem" have been rejected by Westminster, I believe we're the only country on the planet that doesn't have one - anyone?

Edited by Red Cloud

Ive got quite a few mates who grew up with Bellamy, Ive spoken to him a couple of times on night outs on Mill lane, Ive told him  Im Bristol City and he never said he hated us, he said he hated how hostile an atmosphere there was, and that the players always had stuff chucked at them and everyone looked like they wanted your blood (rich coming from one of them)!

It was more a hatred for playing us IMHO.

9 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I can't say I'm bothered. I had contempt for him as a player. 

You’re not alone in that view - I and plenty of other City fans could stick the bloke. He was/is an argumentative and slow witted shit who often struggled to string a sentence together.