IGNORED

Only the Captains to Talk to the Referee

Do we think the FA would introduce that move from the Euro's into our game, and would it be welcomed?

I thought it worked well, and speeded up the game around free kicks etc 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 7
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Do we think the FA would introduce that move from the Euro's into our game, and would it be welcomed?

I’d like to see anything that raises the standards of behaviour in the game to be tried.

it may just be me but I’m sick of the dissent towards officials and the exaggerated feigning of injuries that are an embarrassment to the game.

Its certainly not behaviour that youngsters should be seeing and copying 

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I’d like to see anything that raises the standards of behaviour in the game to be tried.

it may just be me but I’m sick of the dissent towards officials and the exaggerated feigning of injuries that are an embarrassment to the game.

Its certainly not behaviour that youngsters should be seeing and copying 

I watched England women versus Northern Ireland last week and the difference in behaviour was astonishing. Particularly players getting straight to their feet after being tackled,not making ridiculous appeals for every decision (trying to con referee),and lack of petulance when not getting undeserved decisions in their favour.It really showed just how embarrassing the men's game has become. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Long overdue in my opinion. It’s about time FA adopted another rule from rugby.

Until there is something the players don't understand in terms of a decision that has been made and they want clarification from the ref, but before they can question it, you have to jog back, speak to their keeper who happens to be wearing the armband, get the keeper to go to the other end of the pitch to address the ref, get the clarification, communicate that back with his players and then get back to the other end of the pitch so the game can resume.

Get the argument that you could make 'well, don't make the keeper the captain then' - but surely that's for the manager/players to decide who is best to lead them on the pitch, not the EFL/FA. 

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Until there is something the players don't understand in terms of a decision that has been made and they want clarification from the ref, but before they can question it, you have to jog back, speak to their keeper who happens to be wearing the armband, get the keeper to go to the other end of the pitch to address the ref, get the clarification, communicate that back with his players and then get back to the other end of the pitch so the game can resume.

Get the argument that you could make 'well, don't make the keeper the captain then' - but surely that's for the manager/players to decide who is best to lead them on the pitch, not the EFL/FA. 

if the captain is a goalkeeper, there will need to be an outfield player nominated who can fulfil this role should an incident occur at the opposite end of the pitch."

• Like 1

Just now, Roger Red Hat said:

Looks like sulky Fernandes will have to be captain then, otherwise he'll be sent off every week!

Great player but one miserable moaning barstard! Wouldn't you like to slap the sour faced git? 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I watched England women versus Northern Ireland last week and the difference in behaviour was astonishing. Particularly players getting straight to their feet after being tackled,not making ridiculous appeals for every decision (trying to con referee),and lack of petulance when not getting undeserved decisions in their favour.It really showed just how embarrassing the men's game has become. 

Different game!

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Long overdue in my opinion. It’s about time FA adopted another rule from rugby.

If it was introduced it would be forgotten after a couple of months like kicking the ball away and no more than 2 players around the ref last year

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

The simple answer is not to make the goalkeeper captain. Many fans agree that the keeper as captain isn’t a good idea  due to him stuck at one end of the stadium and not able to lead by example.

If the FA were to adopt it then it would filter down the football levels and reach schoolboy level who as we all know are seriously influenced by professional football on TV

27 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Excellent idea. Would rule out Joe Williams as captain though. 

Not so sure about that - managers have curbed a players poor disciplinary record by giving them the responsibility of captaincy.

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

If it was introduced it would be forgotten after a couple of months like kicking the ball away and no more than 2 players around the ref last year

And the keeper having 6 seconds to release the ball from his hands which correct me if I am wrong is still in the rule book..

Just now, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

And the keeper having 6 seconds to release the ball from his hands which correct me if I am wrong is still in the rule book..

Would have added another 10 minutes on Sunday with the spanish goalkeeper.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It's been the rule in rugby forever. The ref will talk to the player whose actions caused the incident, often to explain the decision. But if the team want to talk to the ref, it has to be via the captain. AND the captain talks respectfully to the ref (and vice versa)

4 hours ago, Big C said:

if the captain is a goalkeeper, there will need to be an outfield player nominated who can fulfil this role should an incident occur at the opposite end of the pitch."

Again, in rugby, if the captain is a back, there's usually a nominated forward to whom the ref can talk.

1970 this rule was introduced. In a game at Brum, a free kick was award against City. Dickie Rooks went up to the Ref "I'm the captain; what was this kick awarded for please"?

With that the Ref signalled the kick to go ahead and it went where Dickie would have been standing and City lost 1-0.

5 hours ago, Big C said:

Exactly, rocket science it ain’t.

Can’t believe the ‘Captains only’ rule hasn’t already been announced. 

Maybe they’re delaying it as part of a post-Safegate dual rule change combining the Captains rule with one that involves shooting any player on sight that pointlessly passes the ball backwards or sideways.  

Then Southgate’s legacy would have been worth the pain of watching all those friendly matches over the last 8 years.

• Facepalm 1

38 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Watched it once and realised I could see better over the park, and this was after everyone told me it had improved!

How long ago was that?Women's football may not be of a standard of men's football in some regards but people can still enjoy it.In what way is it not the same game with regards to respecting officials and not blatantly cheating constantly?What is different?