IGNORED

CONFIRMED: The Return of OSIB

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Well, gotta announce it like it’s a new signing given the time of the year, right? 

Happy to announce to you all, after a fairly needed season long hiatus, One Stream in Bristol is back & returning for the 24-25 season, in its usual and known format.

Weekly post game episodes, with a mixture of some of these being more forum phone in style on Twitter ‘Spaces’, to then be converted and uploaded as a podcast wherever you listen. 

With Stan (hopefully, all being well) moving to Marseille full time, the podcast is going to plough on in his absence (& with his blessing), with the rest of the usual OSIButors taking the reins and getting all things OSIB back up and running again.

We’re also looking to return old segments like the loanee planet, more insight on academy games, and anything more listeners may be keen to hear. Please feel free to DM me any ideas or thoughts!

The first episode back will be a pre season preview ep, being recorded in a few weeks time. 

As mentioned, the ‘usuals’ ghosts of OSIB past will be back, however if you’d like to be involved feel free to DM, or keep an eye out on our or Paul B (Exiled Robin) twitter, where the Spaces style podcast eps will be hosted and uploaded. 

See you all back in your ears very soon!

Cheers,

Pete & all of OSIB x

Great news! Sorely missed this season, fair play for getting it back up and running 

• Flames 1

Nothing like coming back for the promotion season. Looking forward to it.

PS I assume Stan knows he could have just used a VPN for RobinsTV. But fair play to him for keeping it legal. An example to us all.

• Haha 6
  • Robin 1

Excellent news, now I'm back in Bristol maybe I'll understand some of the references 🤣

Sorry to hear @Shtanley has bobbed off to Marseille, was it for love or cheese? 

1 hour ago, daored said:

@petehinton, any possibility of the return of OSIB magazine? Was a really good publication 

Yeah, I agree, but I imagine it was a full time job just putting together one issue. I remember chatting to one of the original Bountyhunter guys, he said it was an absolute mission getting it done.

17 hours ago, Red Skin said:

@Shtanley when he next guests on OSIB

I will say this only once................he is without doubt the biggest lump of Knob Cheese that it has been my misfortune to ever  encounter.....what a waste of skin?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

I will say this only once................he is without doubt the biggest lump of Knob Cheese that it has been my misfortune to ever  encounter.....what a waste of skin?

That’s a bit harsh. I always thought he did a good job with the podcast.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 2015 said:

Be good to have a fan podcast back again and not one that is a mouthpiece for the propaganda of Bristol City FC.

I have some sympathy for the above. 

I am a pretty regular listener to FBC and that will almost certainly not change, however recently it appears to have become the unofficial podcast of the hierarchy of the club. 

I do get this type of thing happens often as the boys involved particularly Dave have to make a decision regarding independence v information and then decide why they are actually doing the podcast. 

I have listened to OSIB in the past and from a personal perspective found it a bit smart arsey so really didn’t miss it. Nevertheless good luck to the OP and his crew, I have my fingers crossed for an independent podcast with some decent input specifically about the games and the football club!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I have some sympathy for the above. 

I am a pretty regular listener to FBC and that will almost certainly not change, however recently it appears to have become the unofficial podcast of the hierarchy of the club. 

I do get this type of thing happens often as the boys involved particularly Dave have to make a decision regarding independence v information and then decide why they are actually doing the podcast. 

I have listened to OSIB in the past and from a personal perspective found it a bit smart arsey so really didn’t miss it. Nevertheless good luck to the OP and his crew, I have my fingers crossed for an independent podcast with some decent input specifically about the games and the football club!

Strange isn't it how Dave P kept slagging off OSIB for being too corporate (Stan did co comms for Robins TV for a pre season friendly and they were sponsored by Mansion bet).

Within a short space of time FBC helps Sky /The Sun make money through advertising and Ian is suddenly Brian's best buddy and passes on all ends of rumours.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Strange isn't it how Dave P kept slagging off OSIB for being too corporate (Stan did co comms for Robins TV for a pre season friendly and they were sponsored by Mansion bet).

Within a short space of time FBC helps Sky /The Sun make money through advertising and Ian is suddenly Brian's best buddy and passes on all ends of rumours.

Wasn’t us he was referencing, Stan appeared on FBC in their early days & weve had the odd chats here and there, just to correct you there

Edited by petehinton
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

NO, 3Peaps to be precise.

Ian's born again love in will be tested if we are mediocre or worse come August 😉

Yes, advertising helps - just about covers costs of the subs we pay for subscriptions on Resteram, Wondershare, Audacity.

• Like 2

Outstanding News.......OSIB has always been my favourite City Podcast, so it is so good to hear you'll be back.   Forever City can be insightful,, and entertaining...... whereas 3 Peaps is far too safe & Deferential/Reverential, and always prefers to tow the party line IMO .  So lets get some rebelliousness back on the agenda and shake it up?  Ha!!  😬

Edited by maxjak

On 18/07/2024 at 13:33, Fjmcity said:

Ahhh the lansdown out podcast as I presume it will now be called 

All told, 3 Peaps appears to be in the pocket of the club to a degree, cosy club it is and the other is definitely more independent save for one member who appears to be best buddies with the Tecknical Director.

We desperately need a fully Independent Fans Podcast, uncompromised even inadvertently by new Relationships.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

A little announcement type ep out now talking about a few extra bits. Do I regret recording and releasing at 8pm on a Friday after a long week? Thats one for another time. 

For those asking about the mag, there’s appetite to do another but is a case of time again. So it’s a firm maybe atm. 

Episode out in all the usual places, or here if you don’t have Apple or Spotify & all that jazz https://onestreaminbristol.libsyn.com

See you in your ears on the 5th/6th for the pre season ep x

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1