IGNORED

Newport County pre-season friendly

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Please tell me I'm not gonna have to look at that scoreboard graphic all season 😂🤮

Hideous! So they've gone for squares rather than diamonds then

Edited by Walshy

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Great to see Atkinson start again!

Sykes at wingback is disappointing, left wingback doubly so..wasted on every level that!

Looks more like 4-4-2 with wingers rather than wingbacks. Mehmeti starting right and Sykes left but I wouldn't be surprised if they changed over on occasion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Simon bristol said:

Cant get in to robins tv, have done 2 password resets but still doesnt recognise the credentials! Anyone else getting this?

Yeap - just says 'there is a problem' was able to login to Robin TV, but it won't go beyond that - when I try and access 'Watch Live' it errors but offers no info as to what the error is. 

• Like 2

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Looks more like 4-4-2 with wingers rather than wingbacks. Mehmeti starting right and Sykes left but I wouldn't be surprised if they changed over on occasion. 

Thanks that also crossed my mind on 2nd glance. 4-4-2 with wingers..Is a complete break from what we have seen in recent times.

1 minute ago, Wrongagain said:

Would be a first for the team at robins to get anything right, just  wasted half an hour to get to the “watch” button and its demanding payment!

It defaults to the Exeter game and tries to charge you a fiver, you have to look for the match list. That's what happened to me anyway

2 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Why would you play Mehmeti on the right and Sykes on the left

I guess it's so you have a shape of

Armstrong

Sykes Wells Mehmeti McCrorie
Bird Gardner-Hickman

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Wrongagain said:

Would be a first for the team at robins to get anything right, just  wasted half an hour to get to the “watch” button and its demanding payment!

Are you quite sure you haven't clicked on to the City vs Exeter game, which requires a payment of £5?

That is what I did, before I realised my mistake.

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Nothing new in wingers coming in on their stronger foot. Would expect switches during the course of the game. 

No I think Sykes is being used as the width on the left, and McCrorie on the right with Tanner, Atkinson and the young lad as a back 3 and Wells-Mehmeti dual 10s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

This might mean the commentary is a little less biased than usual, although I doubt it 😀 https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/watch-bristol-city-friendly-free-robins-tv

It's NOT  free though is it?.........as when i clicked to the link i could not access the free match until i subscribed to one of the plans?  Maybe i am being technically inept, but is that is what i came upon?

• Hmmm 1

Just now, TammyAB said:

No I think Sykes is being used as the width on the left, and McCrorie on the right with Tanner, Atkinson and the young lad as a back 3 and Wells-Mehmeti dual 10s

Ok, this was my guess at formation from the teamsheet. Something like, in a 343:

Bajic: Tanner, Atkinson, Campbell-Slowey: McCrorie, Bird, TGH, Sykes: Mehmeti, Armstrong, Wells.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

It's NOT  free though is it?.........as when i clicked to the link i could not access the free match until i subscribed to one of the plans?  Maybe i am being technically inept, but is that is what i came upon?

I got in free fine. Though to start with it came up with the Exeter match and was trying to make me subscribe to a plan.

As soon as I chose the correct match I got in ok

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Please tell me I'm not gonna have to look at that scoreboard graphic all season 😂🤮

Not only is that top line hideous, the whole thing is taking up 4x more space than it needs to.

What they've done is to see what all the leading football broadcasters do, and do the opposite. Seems a bit maverick to me.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay it is only some of the players but it feels instinctively shoe-horned and imbalanced whatever it is.

Sykes on the left is ridiculous but we shall see.

For me, the fact we're playing Sykes LWB in Pring's absence is the most blatant sign yet we need another LWB. Unless we're expecting Pring to play 50 matches.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Ok, this was my guess at formation from the teamsheet. Something like, in a 343:

Bajic: Tanner, Atkinson, Campbell-Slowey: McCrorie, Bird, TGH, Sykes: Mehmeti, Armstrong, Wells.

Yes it's that in possession, and more of a 4-4-2 when we dont have the ball

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I had no such problem. I just clicked in with my bristol sport login. Nothing to pay. 

15 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yep, 20 years ago i was queing outside 2 turnstiles for friendlies and missing most of the game, nothing ever changes

At least you’ve gotten over it 😂

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

It defaults to the Exeter game and tries to charge you a fiver, you have to look for the match list. That's what happened to me anyway

I worked out you can scroll down to get to the game - it wasn't obvious. I'm on a PC btw.

Edited by Sleepy1968

35 minutes ago, algenon2007 said:

Wtf is on my stream. Bristol rovers 0 Bromley fc 2. Half time somewhere abroad.? 

Portugal apparently god knows why. Funny though

Nice to see Big Rob Atkinson back in a City shirt, been a long time and excited to see the dangers him and Dickie pose at set pieces together. Reckon they could get 10 between them.

Vyner, Dickie, Atkinson in a back 3 with Naismith and Roberts/Tanner cover. Loads of different ways to build out the back as they can all carry the ball well and have good range of passing.

Just need the lot in front of them to bring something different and not pass back Manningball all the time.

20 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Are you quite sure you haven't clicked on to the City vs Exeter game, which requires a payment of £5?

That is what I did, before I realised my mistake.

Logged out, cleared cookies, logged in again on tv, rather than ipad and got straight in, and yes the first match option was Exeter, but I had clocked that - ipad has now refreshed the robins app

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Who is Campbell-Stowey?

Left back by the looks of it, I recognise the name so guess he's been around the younger age groups for a while

Edited by richwwtk

Bird just creates himself time, looks a very good player. Nice to have a left footed centre midfielder. Armstrong running and pressing are very encouraging signs. Hold up play is good. And he is fast. 
Great to see Atkinson back 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wrongagain said:

Logged out, cleared cookies, logged in again on tv, rather than ipad and got straight in, and yes the first match option was Exeter, but I had clocked that - ipad has now refreshed the robins app

Is the Ap available for TV ?

20 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Just scroll down a bit and it should come up as a live option. Click on it and it should take you straight in. 

Watching on my samsung phone.

• Thanks 1